Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 ... 141
Send Topic Print
⮞ ⮞ Americans Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜ (Read 127651 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: ⮞ ⮞ Americans Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜
Reply #1815 - Mar 13th, 2022 at 5:45pm

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

⮞ ⮞ Americans Will Always Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜
Reply #1816 - Mar 19th, 2022 at 9:55am

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #1817 - Mar 19th, 2022 at 12:04pm

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #1818 - Mar 19th, 2022 at 10:19pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 19th, 2022 at 12:04pm:

Some on, you can do better than recycled pictures. Helplessness isn't the answer, Citizens removing the threats in their communities without fear of persecution by Authority is!

The only difference between a Communist and a Democrat is the spelling.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #1819 - Mar 20th, 2022 at 12:18pm

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #1820 - Mar 20th, 2022 at 10:46pm

Only Fools Rely Upon Others For Their Safety.

This Sky News story from Australia is one that is repeating itself across the western world as a result of Russia's invasion of Ukraine.  Smaller countries are shocked to discover that they have become completely dependent upon the United States for their defense.  They have assigned the responsibility for their physical existence to a United States government that is now being run by a doddering old fool and a cackling imbecile, both of whom have been channeling Nero by fiddling in Washington while part of Eastern Europe burns.

On a micro level, the same thing occurred in the U.S. during the BLM and Antifa riots of 2020/2021.  Some very foolish Americans were terrified to discover that they were hopelessly dependent upon the government for their safety.  The very government that refused to permit law enforcement to stop riots and punish rioters.  By comparison, gun owners and preppers have always known that only fools rely upon others for their safety and security.  We can only hope that the fools in this world have now learned this lesson and that their attention spans are longer than an average goldfish.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/only-fools-rely-64015140?utm_medium=post_notificat...

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

⮞ ⮞ Americans Will Always Oppose Gun Bans! ⮜ ⮜
Reply #1821 - Mar 21st, 2022 at 10:59am

Mortdooley wrote on Mar 20th, 2022 at 10:46pm:
Only Fools Rely Upon Others For Their Safety.

This Sky News story from Australia is one that is repeating itself across the western world as a result of Russia's invasion of Ukraine.  Smaller countries are shocked to discover that they have become completely dependent upon the United States for their defense.  They have assigned the responsibility for their physical existence to a United States government that is now being run by a doddering old fool and a cackling imbecile, both of whom have been channeling Nero by fiddling in Washington while part of Eastern Europe burns.

On a micro level, the same thing occurred in the U.S. during the BLM and Antifa riots of 2020/2021.  Some very foolish Americans were terrified to discover that they were hopelessly dependent upon the government for their safety.  The very government that refused to permit law enforcement to stop riots and punish rioters.  By comparison, gun owners and preppers have always known that only fools rely upon others for their safety and security.  We can only hope that the fools in this world have now learned this lesson and that their attention spans are longer than an average goldfish.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/only-fools-rely-64015140?utm_medium=post_notificat...

The Australian Population is ± 26 Million people.

The size of the entire Australian Police Force is somewhere between 65,000 & 85,000 personnel.

26,000,000 people ÷ 85,000 cops   =
Only 1 cop to protect & defend over 300 to 400 people EACH.

Australian Crime Rate as per the Australia Bureau of Statistics: 
  Source:https://tinyurl.com/y8v29zse

Quote:
Personal crime summary Victimization rate:

An estimated 4.4% of persons aged 15 years and over (889,800) experienced one or more selected personal crimes in the 2020-21 reference period, including:

2.0% (412,500) who experienced physical assault
    2.2% (444,400) who experienced face-to-face threatened assault
    0.8% (167,300) who experienced non face-to-face threatened assault
    0.3% (54,200) who experienced robbery
    0.5% (104,100) who experienced sexual assault (persons aged 18 years and over)

Household crime summary Victimization rate:

An estimated 9.4% of households (919,500) experienced one or more selected household crimes in the 2020-21 reference period, including:

1.7% (171,600) that experienced break-in
    1.8% (179,400) that experienced attempted break-in
    0.5% (47,100) that experienced motor vehicle theft
    2.5% (242,400) that experienced theft from a motor vehicle
    4.0% (394,600) that experienced malicious property damage
    2.2% (218,200) that experienced other theft

Physical assault:

An estimated 2.0% of persons (412,500) experienced physical assault.

Multiple victimization:

Of those who experienced physical assault:

53% (217,500) experienced two or more incidents

Women (58%) were more likely to experience two or more incidents than men (47%)

Face-to-Face threatened assault:

An estimated 2.2% of persons (444,400) experienced face-to-face threatened assault.

Multiple victimization:

Of those who experienced face-to-face threatened assault:

54% (238,400) experienced two or more incidents
    men (55%) and women (54%) were about as likely to experience two or more incidents

Sexual Assault:

An estimated 0.5% of persons aged 18 years and over (104,100) experienced sexual assault.

Americans have Right to use weapons for Self-Defense (such as firearms) to protect themselves, their families, their friends, & their property.

American gun owners take their Responsibility very seriously.....Americans are their own 'First Responders', & they take Self-Defense as their own 'Personal Responsibility'.

Why? Because they are not foolish enough to believe that the Government can defend them in their time of desperate need......the police, unless around the block, won't be able to respond to a citizen under assault until about 5-10 minutes AFTER the assault takes place....

Australians have no such Right to use weapons for Self-Defense. They rely 100% on the Government to defend them. The police, though they respond in about the same time frame the American Cops, the Australian Cops are faced with the same problem......they arrive AFTER the assault takes place & the victim has most probably paid the price of not being able to defend themselves.......

Remember:
26,000,000 people ÷ 85,000 cops   =
Only 1 cop to protect & defend over 300 to 400 people EACH.

« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2022 at 12:00pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #1822 - Mar 21st, 2022 at 11:14am

Most Australians live in areas that experience no crime.  The inner cities are risk areas, in the main.  Outside those areas crime is a rare event.  Crime has been (despite what the MSM claims) steadily decreasing since the early 20th century.  If you don't know a criminal, engage in criminal behavior or risky behavior you are rarely going to be a victim of crime.  So, avoid people who are criminals and don't wander inner city areas late at night and you will be safe.  In 60 years the only crime I have experienced has been the occasional burglary with the theft of small items like wallets.   Australia is a far safer place than America, far safer.  You do not need guns at all.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #1823 - Mar 21st, 2022 at 11:52am

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 21st, 2022 at 11:14am:
Most Australians live in areas that experience no crime.  The inner cities are risk areas, in the main.  Outside those areas crime is a rare event.  Crime has been (despite what the MSM claims) steadily decreasing since the early 20th century.  If you don't know a criminal, engage in criminal behavior or risky behavior you are rarely going to be a victim of crime.  So, avoid people who are criminals and don't wander inner city areas late at night and you will be safe.  In 60 years the only crime I have experienced has been the occasional burglary with the theft of small items like wallets.   Australia is a far safer place than America, far safer.  You do not need guns at all.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Just a valid question if I may Brian............as Mort suggested, & that I quoted, if the present American government does not honor the promise made to Australia for over 80 years that if attacked America will defend Australia from it's foreign attackers (not counting the Fijians, or Tahitians ...), but say if China were to savagely attach Australia with it's far superior land, sea, & air forces, how would/could overwhelmingly unarmed Australian Citizen's even attempt to defend Australia, with only a national defense force that couldn't even fill the MCG to defend Australia's 34,000K coastline from invasion?

« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2022 at 11:58am by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #1824 - Mar 21st, 2022 at 12:23pm

Are you sure you are not one of my neighbors? If you stay away from the inner cities here  crimes are rare.  Two of the homes on my dead-end Street have been empty for years and no one has broken into them.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Americans Oppose Gun Bans...
Reply #1825 - Mar 21st, 2022 at 12:33pm

1. China lacks the ability to project it's force away from the Asian continent.  Its forces lack the training and the ability to undertake operations 5,000 or more kilometres from the Chinese mainland to Australia.  They only have ICBMs and we are protected by the US Nuclear Umbrella so we have nothing to fear from them.

2. If China was so foolish as to attack Australia it be would hard pressed for it's forces to take more than Darwin or the "Top End", a largely empty, unsettled area.  It would not be able to attack the SE corner of the continent without taking intermediate bases.  As the SE corner is where the majority of the population lives and where most of the strategically important industry resides, well I think we are fairly safe.

3. Australia possesses one of the largest, most professional defence forces in the Oceania region.  It "fights above it's weight" in every conflict it becomes involved in.  If China was so foolish as to attempt to attack Australia it would find itself facing that force, plus any allies we have, including supposedly the US.  They would have a long logistics tail which our forces would love to interdict as they attempted to reach the SE corner of Australia.

4. Our civil population would I expect to flock to the colours and would want to don a "baggy green skin" to defend the nation.  They would receive training in firearms and more importantly tactics to destroy the enemy.  Americans are a disorganised rabble.  Australians, despite what you believe are not disarmed.  Today they have more private firearms in their possession than they had before Port Arthur.   Americans may love the idea of becoming a partisan force but lack the training to undertake such operations effectively and I doubt they have the ability to take orders, unlike Australians...  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2022 at 3:39pm by Brian Ross »  

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #1826 - Mar 21st, 2022 at 12:36pm

Mortdooley wrote on Mar 21st, 2022 at 12:23pm:

Are you sure you are not one of my neighbors? If you stay away from the inner cities here  crimes are rare.  Two of the homes on my dead-end Street have been empty for years and no one has broken into them.

And yet you still insist you absolutely need a gun, hey, Mort?  What is that they fear?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #1827 - Mar 21st, 2022 at 1:58pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 21st, 2022 at 12:36pm:
Mortdooley wrote on Mar 21st, 2022 at 12:23pm:

And yet you still insist you absolutely
need
a gun, hey, Mort?  What is that they
fear
?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

'Fear', or 'Need' isn't necessary for Any Law Abiding American to want to exercise their 'Constitutional Right' ........

It's a 'RIGHT', & an American doesn't require an excuse for exercising a 'Right'.....especially a 'Right' affirmed, protected, & defended in the United States Constitution.....The Supreme Law of the United States of America......handed down to us, We the People, from our American Founding Fathers.......

Now that said, you having no 'Rights' profoundly affirmed & protected by your government or constitution Brian, it makes perfect sense why you have such a problem with understanding our American Right to Keep & Bear Arms......for all legitimate purposes, one being, just for an example, for our use in Self-Defense ...... You, as a people, never had hundreds of years struggling to defend life, liberty, & freedom as we Americans have......all you've gotten as a people has been granted to you by Monarchs & Governments until Federation Day 1901....not by putting it all on the line, including your precious lives & blood, to see your posterity can live in freedom with liberty, free from government infringement & tyranny.

Self-Defense is a Right of all human beings, an unalienable Right, bestowed upon us all by our Creator well before government ever existed......

Our American Constitution protects & defends this Right,
when affirming Our American Right to Keep & Bear Arms:

« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2022 at 3:09pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #1828 - Mar 21st, 2022 at 3:08pm

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #1829 - Mar 21st, 2022 at 3:22pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 21st, 2022 at 3:08pm:

Back to shallow BWian, just when it looked like you could actually write a coherent string of words together, reality takes hold......you obviously can't speak to what you can't understand, so it's back to being the 'Lame Asshole BWian' again.....   ...

« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2022 at 3:30pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 ... 141
Send Topic Print