Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 141
Send Topic Print
⮞ ⮞ Americans Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜ (Read 127058 times)
Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Re: ⮞ ⮞ Americans Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜
Reply #495 - Apr 16th, 2019 at 6:48pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 16th, 2019 at 6:09pm:
Panther wrote on Apr 16th, 2019 at 5:42pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 16th, 2019 at 1:41pm:
A well regulated Militia,
being necessary to the security of
a free State,
the right of the people to keep and
bear Arms,
shall not be infringed.

Why do you continually lie, Panther by misquoting the US 2nd Amendment all the time?  Why do you refuse to quote it in full?  Could it be because you dislike the idea of having people read it in it's entirety and realise that for you to be accorded the right to arm and keep bears, you need to be a member of a "well regulated Militia"?  Oh, dearie, dearie, me, caught out lying one again, hey, Panther?

So, who did you murder in the US, Mmmm?........ 

There are two clauses that comprise the Second Amendment,

No, there is only one clause, Panther. 
So why do you only quote part of it, Panther?

So, who did you murder before you fled the US to live in exile downunder, Panther?   Was it your mother?  Did she take away your toy guns or something?  We really want all the Goss... 
 Roll Eyes

Have it as you wish................your ignint Ozzie daffinition...........will be adopted by the US Supreme Court............NEVER!!
  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #496 - Apr 16th, 2019 at 6:51pm

Panther wrote on Apr 16th, 2019 at 6:48pm:
a free State,
bear Arms,
shall not be infringed.

Why do you continually lie, Panther by misquoting the US 2nd Amendment all the time?  Why do you refuse to quote it in full?  Could it be because you dislike the idea of having people read it in it's entirety and realise that for you to be accorded the right to arm and keep bears, you need to be a member of a "well regulated Militia"?  Oh, dearie, dearie, me, caught out lying one again, hey, Panther?

So, who did you murder in the US, Mmmm?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No, there is only one clause, Panther. So why do you only quote part of it, Panther?

So, who did you murder before you fled the US to live in exile downunder, Panther?   Was it your mother?  Did she take away your toy guns or something?  We really want all the Goss...   Roll Eyes

Have it as you wish.......your ignint Ozzie daffinition...........will be adopted by the US Supreme Court............

Will they, Panther?  Finely, some sense from you and the SCOTUS.

I expect it will however, be a cold day in Hell before that actually happens, right?

Run along, Panther, I can hear your nursemaid calling you back to the little kiddies' playground where you belong.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #497 - Apr 16th, 2019 at 7:05pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 16th, 2019 at 6:51pm:
a free State,
bear Arms,
shall not be infringed.

No, there is only one clause, Panther. So why do you only quote part of it, Panther?

So, who did you murder before you fled the US to live in exile downunder, Panther?   Was it your mother?  Did she take away your toy guns or something?  We really want all the Goss...
   Roll Eyes

Have it as you wish.......your ignint Ozzie daffinition...........will be adopted by the US Supreme Court............

I expect it will however, be a cold day in Hell before that actually happens, right?

Run along, Panther, I can hear your nursemaid calling you back to the little kiddies' playground where you belong........ 

« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2019 at 7:48pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #498 - Apr 16th, 2019 at 9:30pm

Panther wrote on Apr 16th, 2019 at 7:05pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 16th, 2019 at 6:51pm:
a free State,
bear Arms,
shall not be infringed.

So, who did you murder before you fled the US to live in exile downunder, Panther?   Was it your mother?  Did she take away your toy guns or something?  We really want all the Goss...  Roll Eyes

Run along, Panther, I can hear your nursemaid calling you back to the little kiddies' playground where you belong........

[url]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71nEPT9pjQL._SY879_.
jpg[/url]

But, but, Panther, as I have demonstrated, the US right to keep and arm bears has been "infringed" by a Government that realised the second amendment wasn't keeping pace with new weapons.   It brought in registration and ownership of fully automatic firearms, now didn't it?   

The US Government has imposed regulations on the ownership of firearms.  Oh, dearie, dearie, me, what ever will you do, Panther?  Post some more pointless and useless images?  Post a few more stupid comments from the NRA which has ACCEPTED the "infringement" of firearms ownership.

So, how long before you're out there, campaigning that every school child should be given an AK47 or an M16/M4, Mmmm?   Afterall, America would be just so much more safe if every jackass and ignoramus like you had a machine gun, now wouldn't it?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

So, was it your father that you murdered before fleeing from your definition of heaven to Australia, Panther?   You renounced your American citizenship yet, Mmmm?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #499 - Apr 17th, 2019 at 12:24am

Poor brian,the NRA diidn't become political until we had the GCA1968 imposed on us in reaction to the political assassinations of the Kennedys and MLK. The Board is made up of people with their own political opinions, not all of them gun friendly. Its original purpose was to encourage and promote civilian marksmanship.

I know you think your comments are very profound but that proves how far out your thinking is. No one here has even thought about the dangers of our citizens owning lever action rifles or pump shotguns because they have never been an issue! No one has ever advocated issuing Teachers handguns with their study plans. Those who carry legally and teach should have the option to do so to protect the children in their care.

The only difference between a Communist and a Democrat is the spelling.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #500 - Apr 17th, 2019 at 12:17pm

The NFA of 1934 Explained

The Machine Gun Amnesty of 1968 Explained

The GCA of 1968 Explained

God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA

« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2019 at 12:34pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #501 - Apr 17th, 2019 at 12:31pm

Is this you, Panther?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #502 - Apr 17th, 2019 at 2:09pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 17th, 2019 at 12:24am:
Poor brian,the NRA diidn't become political until we had the GCA1968 imposed on us in reaction to the political assassinations of the Kennedys and MLK. The Board is made up of people with their own political opinions, not all of them gun friendly. Its original purpose was to encourage and promote civilian marksmanship.

I know you think your comments are very profound but that proves how far out your thinking is. No one here has even thought about the dangers of our citizens owning lever action rifles or pump shotguns because they have never been an issue! No one has ever advocated issuing Teachers handguns with their study plans. Those who carry legally and teach should have the option to do so to protect the children in their care.

Mort, you are not seeing the connection, are you?  Why should teachers have to carry a pistol or rifle to school to protect the children in their care?  Because of the idiots who shoot children.   Now, wouldn't it be easier just to stop or at least control the idiots who shoot children and stopping them getting access to dangerous implements like firearms?

I'm glad you mentioned the Gun Control Act of 1968.  At the time of its passage in 1968, NRA executive vice president Franklin Orth wrote in American Rifleman that "the measure as a whole appears to be one that the sportsmen of America can live with".  See, even the NRA was willing to accept "infringement" on firearms ownership.   Why did the NRA change?  Why did it become radicalised?   Where did it's sense go?  Who captured the NRA and now wields it's membership like a weapon against any Politician who suggests further regulation?

Perhaps even more interesting though, is why isn't that Act enforced?   It would reduce the number of gun nuts being allowed to get their hands on firearms which they should not be allowed to have.   Why are Americans so unwilling to accept sensible regulation of firearms ownership, Mort?   Why are so many Americans scofflaws?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #503 - Apr 17th, 2019 at 4:25pm

NRA's
Statement on New York City's Desperate Attempt to Avoid Supreme Court Review

Source:    
NRA-ILA
       Quote:
Fairfax, Va. - Chris W. Cox, executive director of NRA's Institute for Legislative Action, issued the following statement in regards to today's attempt by the City of New York to dismiss the NRA-supported Supreme Court case N.Y. State Rifle & Pistol Association, et al. v. City of N.Y., et al.:

“The City of New York clearly knows that its current restrictions on the carrying and transportation of lawfully owned firearms are unconstitutional and will fail under any standard of constitutional review, as the NRA has been saying for years. Today, it asked the U.S. Supreme Court to ignore the Constitution and allow the City to slow walk a narrow expansion of its current policy through a lengthy bureaucratic process -- the result of which, even if adopted, would still unduly infringe upon the fundamental, individual right to keep and bear arms under the Second Amendment. That is not how things work in the Supreme Court; the Court does not put its review on hold while the government embarks on a journey that at best might fix only a limited part of the constitutional defect. This is nothing more than a naked attempt by New York City to resist Supreme Court review of policies that even New York must recognize as inconsistent with the holdings in District of Columbia v. Heller and McDonald v. City of Chicago. The City of New York did not respect its citizens' Second Amendment rights before the Supreme Court granted review in this case and it will not respect them going forward. We are confident that the Court will reject New York's desperate attempt to avoid review of its
blatantly unconstitutional laws.
"

New York's radical & extremest attempts at gun control legislation to undermine the Constitutional Rights of it's Law-Abiding Gun-Owning Citizens is abruptly about to come to a bitter end.

Not only have the State's Sheriffs condemned the anti-gun legislation(s), they have gone so far as to publicly state that they will absolutely refuse to enforce any & all legislation they deem unconstitutional, effectively nullifying the ill-conceived legislation(s).....causing these unconstitutional gun-laws to whither on the vine!!

God Bless
America
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless
America
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless
America
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless
America
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless
America
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless
America
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless
America
God Bless the
NRA

« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2019 at 4:37pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #504 - Apr 17th, 2019 at 4:46pm

Seems lots of Americans understand the message, it's just the NRA who is deaf to what they are saying.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #505 - Apr 17th, 2019 at 4:52pm

The NRA Supported Gun Control When the Black Panthers Had the Weapons

With each passing day, the debate for or against gun control rages on within the United States. And although the National Rifle Association (NRA) currently leads the charge for the rights of citizens to carry guns of all types with little to no interference from the government, the original gun rights advocates to take that stance were the Black Panthers.

Throughout the late 1960s, the militant black nationalist group used their understanding of the finer details of California’s gun laws to underscore their political statements about the subjugation of African-Americans. In 1967, 30 members of the Black Panthers protested on the steps of the California statehouse armed with .357 Magnums, 12-gauge shotguns and .45-caliber pistols and announced, “The time has come for black people to arm themselves.”

The display so frightened politicians—including California governor Ronald Reagan—that it helped to pass the Mulford Act, a state bill prohibiting the open carry of loaded firearms, along with an addendum prohibiting loaded firearms in the state Capitol. The 1967 bill took California down the path to having some of the strictest gun laws in America and helped jumpstart a surge of national gun control restrictions.

“The law was part of a wave of laws that were passed in the late 1960s regulating guns, especially to target African-Americans,” says Adam Winkler, author of Gunfight: The Battle Over the Right to Bear Arms. “Including the Gun Control Act of 1968, which adopted new laws prohibiting certain people from owning guns, providing for beefed up licensing and inspections of gun dealers and restricting the importation of cheap Saturday night specials [pocket pistols] that were popular in some urban communities.”

In contrast to the NRA’s rigid opposition to gun control in today’s America, the organization fought alongside the government for stricter gun regulations in the 1960s. This was part of an effort to keep guns out of the hands of African-Americans as racial tensions in the nation grew. The NRA felt especially threatened by the Black Panthers, whose well-photographed carrying of weapons in public spaces was entirely legal in the state of California, where they were based.

The Black Panthers were “innovators” in the way they viewed the Second Amendment at the time, says Winkler. Rather than focus on the idea of self-defense in the home, the Black Panthers brazenly took their weapons to the streets, where they felt the public—particularly African-Americans—needed protection from a corrupt government.

“These ideas eventually infiltrated into the NRA to shape the modern gun debate,” explains Winker. As gun control laws swept the nation, the organization adopted a similar stance to that of the activist group they once fought to regulate, with support for open-carry laws and concealed weapon laws high on their agenda.

Few aspects of the United States Constitution have been as murky and divisive as the Second Amendment. The amendment states that “A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

While some view the amendment to mean that American citizens have inalienable right to guns, focusing on the right to bear arms, others take it to mean that only a well-regulated militia would have that undeniable right, with the emphasis on “well-regulated” and “militia.” The Black Panthers would find themselves in the middle ground of both interpretations.

Originally called the Black Panthers for Self-Defense, the radical African-American group was formed in 1966 in Oakland, California, by Huey Newton and Bobby Seale, based on the ideology of the late Malcolm X. They believed that the fight for racial equality would not be won by a slow drip of nonviolent actions and protests, as Martin Luther King, Jr. preached, but that stronger actions were required to ensure black peoples’ survival.

A large part of the group’s campaign against racial injustice relied on gun ownership and training. Newton and Seale began collecting a variety of guns during the early years of the Black Panthers, including machine guns, rifles and handguns. New recruits were required to learn how to wield, clean and shoot guns, in addition to understanding their right to carry firearms and how to communicate that to police in California.

Newton put his own knowledge of the law to the test after he and Seale were stopped by Oakland police officers in early 1967 in a vehicle filled with weapons. When questioned about the guns Newton simply replied that the only thing he was obliged to do was give his “identification, name and address.”

At the request of the officer, Newton stepped out of the car, rifle still in tow, and refused to explain why he and the other Black Panthers were carrying their weapons. As onlookers gathered, the police tried to disperse the crowd while Newton welcomed them. He knew that under California law, bystanders could legally view an arrest as long as they didn’t intrude. Since there were no violations for the police to charge the Black Panther members with (and a growing pack of witnesses), they were able to leave the scene without any trouble
[cont'd]

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #506 - Apr 17th, 2019 at 4:55pm

from law enforcement.

Emboldened by their calm exchange with the police, members of the group began to follow police cars and dispense legal advice to African-Americans who were stopped by the police while legally carrying their weapons. The group referred to these activities as “police patrols.”

“Bobby Seale and Huey Newton used the Second Amendment to justify carrying guns in public to police the police,” says Winkler. “The Panthers would stand to the sidelines with their guns, shouting out directions to the person. That they had the right to remain silent, that they were watching and that if anything bad happened that the Black Panthers would be there to protect them.”

They also organized a march to the Capitol to draw attention to their cause of fighting against a government that sought to infringe on their right to bear arms. On May 2, 1967, 30 fully-armed Black Panthers occupied the California state Capitol. The demonstration was motivated by Republican Assemblyman Don Mulford’s bill to repeal the law allowing Californians to openly carry weapons, a direct response to the Black Panthers’ “police patrols.”

Before entering the building, Bobby Seale read a written statement on the Capitol steps in front of Governor Ronald Reagan: “The American people in general and the black people in particular,” Seale declared, must “take careful note of the racist California legislature aimed at keeping the black people disarmed and powerless.”

The group of activists occupying the Capitol with fully loaded weapons on full display was an unforgettable sight. However, their demonstration backfired and the bill passed both the state Assembly and Senate, with the full support of the NRA. In addition to repealing open carry gun laws in California, Mulford made it illegal to take firearms into the Capitol. On July 28 it was signed into law by Governor Reagan, who later commented that he saw “no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.”

Mulford had effectively played on white America’s fear of African-Americans during the 1960s, stripping away the power the Black Panthers found in brandishing their guns. While the bill was effective in disarming the Black Panthers, it didn’t have much effect in reducing criminal violence, Winkler notes.

Although it may seem contrary to the ideologies of the NRA in the 21st century, this wasn’t the first time that the NRA—which was originally founded in 1871 with the intention of training Civil War veterans on marksmanship—had supported gun control legislation.

In the 1920s and 1930s, the NRA supported restrictions on who could carry guns on the streets in order to decrease hostility towards European immigrants—who were known to openly carry weapons at the time—within the country. And after the assassinations of Martin Luther King, Jr. and Robert F. Kennedy in 1968, the NRA backed the Gun Control Act that passed the same year, which put substantial restrictions on the purchase of guns based on mental illness, drug addiction and age, among other factors.

Ironically, it was the gun control laws that were put into effect against African-Americans and the Black Panthers that led “rural white conservatives” across the country to fear any restriction of their own guns, Winkler says. In less than a decade, the NRA would go from backing gun control regulations to inhibit groups they felt threatened by to refusing to support any gun control legislation at all.
[Source]

So, the NRA is just another white supremacist group, hey?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #507 - Apr 17th, 2019 at 5:21pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 17th, 2019 at 4:46pm:

So, if "lots" of Americans understand, & fervently want to give up their Right to Self-Defense, their Right to Keep & Bear Arms, then so be it. Let them introduce, pass, & ratify a 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution saying exactly what they want.....after all it's the People's Document.....it's the People's Constitution.  Wink

Until they accomplish that, the Law of the Land is what it is......The Supreme Law of the Land.....& no Auzzie cries from down under, or leftist-extremist gun grabbin' mob up there in the States, will overcome the Supreme Law of the Land....the US Constitution....specifically the Second Amendment.

Can't you get that through your thick skull.......you have your whimpers & whispers.......but outside of that you have nothing to say about the outcome.....As an American Citizen I do, I can vote if I wish. Wink

The
NRA
Defends America's Second Amendment Rights, they advocate for their membership - as a Lifetime Member - myself included, as well as the many millions of other gun-owning Americans.

The
NRA
doesn't institute or grant any Rights as you may suggest.....

So, what they hear, or don't hear, from others is immaterial. Wink

God Bless
America
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless
America
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless
America
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless
America
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless
America
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless
America
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless
America
God Bless the
NRA

« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2019 at 5:53pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #508 - Apr 17th, 2019 at 8:57pm

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Panther, there is no need for a 28th Amendment to the US Constitution.  The right to keep and arm bears just needs reinterpretation to bring it into line with how the second amendment was actually written.

1. Make it that all gun owners must be members of a "well regulated militia."  This can be the National Guard.  They must regularly attend safety training in their use of their firearm and range practice.  Those that fail their training, lose their firearm's license and must hand over their weapon, with compensation from the State.  They can try again in six months to re-apply for a license.  They get three strikes before losing their right to own a firearm due to their incompetency.

2. Regulate the sorts of firearms that private owners can have.  No fully automatic weapons, no semi-automatic long arms.  All firearms owners must be licensed and be a member of the "well regulated militia" and must have passed the safety training courses held.   Failure to hand in weapons or continuing to posses weapons without a license or training results in sentences of community service and the confiscation of the firearms illegally held.

3.  Make it illegal for the NRA or other organisations to donate money for political ends for firearms legislation ownership.

Private individuals can own weapons, of types as approved by the state.   Firearms owners have already allowed their second amendment rights to be "infringed" by recognising the ability of the State to control the ownership, transfer and of course, the types of firearms they are allowed to own.  Firearms owners must register that they are fit to own a firearm.  Firearms owners must be a member of a "well regulated militia".

There, your second amendment still exists, Panther.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #509 - Apr 17th, 2019 at 9:04pm

So its USA law to arm - non professional military citizens? Let's hope a school teacher armed with a gun, doesn't have a bad monday!
Is that why USA Police are armed heavily as if they were Military?

When your Police need to carry guns - then your nation is politically sunk.
Because if Police are supposed to be your 'internal-domestic' and your Military your external, then your 'own people' are the ENEMY... so why provide them with Guns?  Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 141
Send Topic Print