Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 141
Send Topic Print
⮞ ⮞ Americans Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜ (Read 127034 times)
Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Re: ⮞ ⮞ Americans Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜
Reply #510 - Apr 17th, 2019 at 11:43pm

Brian Ross said:
Quote:
I'm glad you mentioned the Gun Control Act of 1968.  At the time of its passage in 1968, NRA executive vice president Franklin Orth wrote in American Rifleman that "the measure as a whole appears to be one that the sportsmen of America can live with".

Congratulations, you said the word that puts your quote in proper context. The Second Amendment isn't about sportsmen or hunting.  A FUDD is happy to have his thirty-thirty or ought-6 and a single 20 round box of cartridges and doesn't understand why anyone would need more than that. I choose not to hunt but enjoy eating meat and am not a hypocrite about the killing of food animals. If I decided I wanted a Machine Gun and am willing to pay the huge markup on them the Government would have no problem giving me permission. I've already passed the requirement to own other devices in the same category. I don't want one but if another Citizen does, I have no problem with it. It is arguably unconstitutional to regulate any firearm but no one will challenge it in Court!

You grew up under a Monarchy even if it is little more than a figurehead from the past. We are told we are free people who can have just about anything we work hard enough for. Our cultures are more different than you understand.

A rifle that is used lawfully thousands of times a day by its owners is demonized because some liberal goes off his meds and misuses one to kill isn't the problem. As Michael Savage famously said, "Liberalism is a mental disorder"! Blame the MSM that makes celebrities out of these monsters and the drug industry, why not go one step farther and blame the person that commits these crimes.  Just because you think other people shouldn't have them is a clear sign you think you know what is best for everyone else. If they are ever banned, in order to get mine they better offer me an outrageous amount of money to surrender mine. If not I know how to make mine disappear until needed if necessary.

The only difference between a Communist and a Democrat is the spelling.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #511 - Apr 17th, 2019 at 11:59pm

America legalises Guns
like Australia legalises Drugs for recreational 'suicide'.

Australia - one of the highest narcotic users per ratio of population.
79% of Australians are consistent users of Narcotics - drugs and alcohol.

We don't have WAR in Australia ...there's too much Suicide going on here to put up any fight anyway.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #512 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 12:46pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 17th, 2019 at 11:43pm:
Brian Ross said:
Quote:
I'm glad you mentioned the Gun Control Act of 1968.  At the time of its passage in 1968, NRA executive vice president Franklin Orth wrote in American Rifleman that "the measure as a whole appears to be one that the sportsmen of America can live with".

Congratulations, you said the word that puts your quote in proper context. The Second Amendment isn't about sportsmen or hunting.  A FUDD is happy to have his thirty-thirty or ought-6 and a single 20 round box of cartridges and doesn't understand why anyone would need more than that. I choose not to hunt but enjoy eating meat and am not a hypocrite about the killing of food animals. If I decided I wanted a Machine Gun and am willing to pay the huge markup on them the Government would have no problem giving me permission. I've already passed the requirement to own other devices in the same category. I don't want one but if another Citizen does, I have no problem with it. It is arguably unconstitutional to regulate any firearm but no one will challenge it in Court!

You grew up under a Monarchy even if it is little more than a figurehead from the past. We are told we are free people who can have just about anything we work hard enough for. Our cultures are more different than you understand.

A rifle that is used lawfully thousands of times a day by its owners is demonized because some liberal goes off his meds and misuses one to kill isn't the problem. As Michael Savage famously said, "Liberalism is a mental disorder"! Blame the MSM that makes celebrities out of these monsters and the drug industry, why not go one step farther and blame the person that commits these crimes.  Just because you think other people shouldn't have them is a clear sign you think you know what is best for everyone else. If they are ever banned, in order to get mine they better offer me an outrageous amount of money to surrender mine. If not I know how to make mine disappear until needed if necessary.

What, pray tell is a "FUDD"?

Yes, I grew up under a nominal monarchy - actually a Constitutional Monarchy, Mort.  You do understand that our monarch is distant and rarely visits and while she does have the power to appoint the Governor-General who is Head of State in her name, the GG is actually appointed by the Prime Minister who advises the Queen who is going to be the GG.  Therefore, there is little effective difference between your el Presidente' and our GG.  Both are native Heads of State.  It is the Prime Minister and the Parliament which governs Australia.

Like many Americans you believe you know all about how the Commonwealth works when in reality your understanding is over 200 years out of date.

Now, as I noted, the NRA's executive vice President was happy with the 1968 Firearms Act.  What changed in the NRA?  How did it become so radicalised?  I believe fundamentalist gun nuts got in control and have warped the very deals of the NRA to their own radicalised agenda.  The NRA was created to foster marksmanship, not to be a political instrument to create a warped, overly armed society.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #513 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 12:52pm

This is the only Fudd I know:

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #514 - Apr 19th, 2019 at 12:34am

greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 18th, 2019 at 12:52pm:

Yep, that is a FUDD. The original and shining example of the guy that only cares about laws that affect him directly. He has a Deer Rifle, a Duck shotgun or a squirrel rifle and could care less about the Rights of anyone who has an interest in anything else.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #515 - Apr 19th, 2019 at 2:22am

America is like the Middle-East.
Those with Military power are like the Jews.
Those 'unofficially' armed people of general populace are like Moslems.

Can you see why the world is messed up?
It's because the USA is NOT setting a good example for the world.

...you might find that Australia and Sth America are much alike too.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #516 - Apr 19th, 2019 at 12:16pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 19th, 2019 at 12:34am:

Yep, that is a FUDD. The original and shining example of the guy that only cares about laws that affect him directly. He has a Deer Rifle, a Duck shotgun or a squirrel rifle and could care less about the Rights of anyone who has an interest in anything else.

Oh, dear so people who are concerned about the rights of everyone is considered an Elmer Fudd like character in your view?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #517 - Apr 19th, 2019 at 11:11pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 19th, 2019 at 12:16pm:

Oh, dear so people who are concerned about the rights of everyone is considered an Elmer Fudd like character in your view?   Roll Eyes

Oh, tisk and deary yourself, if I believed you cared about the safety of even one potential victim I might take your opinion seriously. The Media makes these monsters and show them just how to do it. They even tell them what equipment to use. The AK47 variant is just as available and is not quite as popular with shooters. I don't recall them being used even though they are available with thirty round magazines as well. Maybe the Media is nothing more than a how-to for disturbed individuals.

What are the Rights of everyone, the Right to trade freedom for safety? No gun ban is ever really about the firearm under discussion, it is about creating a sense of fear that the government can take away. As I have mentioned before, the way the government treats its people is so similar to "dog training". I have taken my dogs as far as "Certified Therapy Dog" which allows them to visit Hospitals, Schools and Nursing Homes! The key to successful training is to convince the dog that I am in charge and all good things come from me. It makes for a very pliable and well behaved pet. The bottom line of your statements is that you are content to be the dog and demand the rest of us be dogs as well!

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #518 - Apr 19th, 2019 at 11:59pm

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #519 - Apr 20th, 2019 at 6:19pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 19th, 2019 at 11:11pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 19th, 2019 at 12:16pm:

Oh, tisk and deary yourself, if I believed you cared about the safety of even one potential victim I might take your opinion seriously.

Oh, gee, did I hurt you?  I'm not sorry that I called you out for the gun nut that you are, Mort.  People who care aren't "Fudds", they are caring people who are worried by people like you who think guns are more important than lives.

Quote:
The Media makes these monsters and show them just how to do it. They even tell them what equipment to use. The AK47 variant is just as available and is not quite as popular with shooters. I don't recall them being used even though they are available with thirty round magazines as well. Maybe the Media is nothing more than a how-to for disturbed individuals.

That is the media in the US.  In the media Downunder, disturbed people are treated as disturbed people, no matter what weapon they use to hurt their victims with.  Guns are but a tool - a very dangerous one - which is used by gun nuts who believe they have more right to 15 minutes of fame than their victims have a right to live their lives.  All I am proposing is some sensible controls to gun ownership - not the total elimination of gun ownership - as Panther likes to portray it.   It means that all semi-automatic longarms need to be removed from public ownership and gun owners need to be licensed - to demonstrate that they can safely use their firearms and to demonstrate that they should be allowed to own a firearm.

Quote:
What are the Rights of everyone, the Right to trade freedom for safety? No gun ban is ever really about the firearm under discussion, it is about creating a sense of fear that the government can take away. As I have mentioned before, the way the government treats its people is so similar to "dog training". I have taken my dogs as far as "Certified Therapy Dog" which allows them to visit Hospitals, Schools and Nursing Homes! The key to successful training is to convince the dog that I am in charge and all good things come from me. It makes for a very pliable and well behaved pet. The bottom line of your statements is that you are content to be the dog and demand the rest of us be dogs as well!

Gun nuts focus too much on what they fear the Government will become without their guns.  Well, in more civilised societies Governments are kept under control by the voters at elections, not by gun nuts parading up and down the street terrorising everybody around them.  Gun nuts need to stop hugging their fetishes and get out there and actively interact with their fellow citizens, rather than holding them at barrel's length.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #520 - Apr 20th, 2019 at 9:41pm

Well said Sir!  Cool

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #521 - Apr 20th, 2019 at 11:28pm

Quote:
Oh, gee, did I hurt you?  I'm not sorry that I called you out for the gun nut that you are, Mort.  People who care aren't "Fudds", they are caring people who are worried by people like you who think guns are more important than lives.

Did you? Not a bit. Actually I think the gun nuts are the people obsessed with other people not having guns. Your position is strictly emotional devoid of any logic!

Quote:
Gun nuts focus too much on what they fear the Government will become without their guns.  Well, in more civilised societies Governments are kept under control by the voters at elections, not by gun nuts parading up and down the street terrorising everybody around them.  Gun nuts need to stop hugging their fetishes and get out there and actively interact with their fellow citizens, rather than holding them at barrel's length.

That is called delusion, government is out of control. We are not the Surfs of the Elite although that is the system they work so hard to impose! The something-for-nothing crowds are their tools.

Fifty percent of working age Americans pay no Taxes.

Fifty percent receive some form of government support, welfare, food stamps, public housing or other benefit.

Fifty percent have no savings when they reach retirement age.

Top 20% pay 95% of taxes, middle class 'single digits and the fifty percent feel the successful don't pay their fair share.

I may someday need my guns to protect my family from the work-nots! After all it is not fair I have so much while they have so little, maybe if they worked for it they could earn it too.

"1984" is the Bible of the Democratic Party!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #522 - Apr 21st, 2019 at 11:07am

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 20th, 2019 at 11:28pm:
Quote:

Did you? Not a bit. Actually I think the gun nuts are the people obsessed with other people not having guns. Your position is strictly emotional devoid of any logic!

Logic has no emotion, Mort.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
Gun nuts focus too much on what they fear the Government will become without their guns.  Well, in more civilised societies Governments are kept under control by the voters at elections, not by gun nuts parading up and down the street terrorising everybody around them.  Gun nuts need to stop hugging their fetishes and get out there and actively interact with their fellow citizens, rather than holding them at barrel's length.

That is called delusion, government is out of control. We are not the Surfs of the Elite although that is the system they work so hard to impose! The something-for-nothing crowds are their tools.

Fifty percent of working age Americans pay no Taxes.

Fifty percent receive some form of government support, welfare, food stamps, public housing or other benefit.

Fifty percent have no savings when they reach retirement age.

Top 20% pay 95% of taxes, middle class 'single digits and the fifty percent feel the successful don't pay their fair share.

I may someday need my guns to protect my family from the work-nots! After all it is not fair I have so much while they have so little, maybe if they worked for it they could earn it too.

"1984" is the Bible of the Democratic Party!

Interesting but fanciful.  The idea that 50% of the US population is dependent upon Government handouts is just bullshit.   One article I found claimed "Obamacare" which has been repealled, made more that 50% of the population dependent on Government handouts.  What Obamacare did was provide benefits to sick people who needed help to pay their exorbitant health bills.     Roll Eyes

Mort, you like most Republicans seem to think that ordinary people don't deserve benefits from the Government that they have funded with their taxes.   I suggest you actually live their lives for a couple of months and then tell us they don't deserve any money.   You might find it enlightening.    Of course, you'll never do it. will you?

However, this is straying away from the topic of the thread which is about gun control.  It's not hard to stick to it, is it?   Instead we see the usual bullshit shotgun blast from the gun nuts against all Government, all benefits, etc.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #523 - Apr 21st, 2019 at 11:18pm

Quote:
Mort, you like most Republicans seem to think that ordinary people don't deserve benefits from the Government that they have funded with their taxes.  I suggest you actually live their lives for a couple of months and then tell us they don't deserve any money.   You might find it enlightening.    Of course, you'll never do it. will you?

How little you know, I have already lived like they do without most government freebees. I did draw more than a few unemployment checks during that time. I was definitely uncomfortable in my poverty and tried different things to raise myself up. After more education I was able to sell my potential to a group of interviewers at a major oil company and it was all up after that. People should never be made comfortable in poverty, all they do is claim someone else is holding them down and vote democrat.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #524 - Apr 22nd, 2019 at 8:03pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 21st, 2019 at 11:18pm:
Quote:
Mort, you like most Republicans seem to think that ordinary people don't deserve benefits from the Government that they have funded with their taxes.  I suggest you actually live their lives for a couple of months and then tell us they don't deserve any money.   You might find it enlightening.    Of course, you'll never do it. will you?

How little you know, I have already lived like they do without most government freebees. I did draw more than a few unemployment checks during that time. I was definitely uncomfortable in my poverty and tried different things to raise myself up. After more education I was able to sell my potential to a group of interviewers at a major oil company and it was all up after that. People should never be made comfortable in poverty, all they do is claim someone else is holding them down and vote democrat.

Good on you, then, Mort.  You though, are an exception.  Not everyone is able to raise themselves up through their own efforts.  What about the Disabled and Handicapped?  The ill-educated?  The Substance dependent?  Are they to be thrown on the scrap heap simply because they cannot achieve what you have achieved?   I've been down as well.  I lifted myself up through education as well.  When given the opportunity of a free education I took it and went to University.  Today, that avenue has been closed by greedy people who refuse to help their fellow citizens.   Education is IMO the key to improving the lot of those who by circumstance have been born into poverty.  It should be free.   

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 141
Send Topic Print