Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 141
Send Topic Print
⮞ ⮞ Americans Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜ (Read 127028 times)
Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Re: ⮞ ⮞ Americans Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜
Reply #540 - Apr 24th, 2019 at 11:08pm

Trashy_Pierre wrote on Apr 24th, 2019 at 10:40pm:
Panther wrote on Apr 24th, 2019 at 8:40pm:
It's called NULLIFICATION Wink

An act of Civil Disobedience nullifies an unenforceable law.

Just because the government makes a law does not always mean it's right.

Good on the Jersey Boys!

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

Martin Luther King, Jr. says it even better:

One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.

Even the US Military Code of Conduct says a soldier does not need to obey illegal orders......

It seems that ALL gun owning Citizens of New Jersey....about 1,000,000 if them......decided that the law was illegal/unconstitutional, because nobody turned in any banned magazines....not one (1), even though it's estimated there are millions of them in private hands in New Jersey. Wink

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #541 - Apr 24th, 2019 at 11:47pm

Hundreds of Thousands of New York's AR-15 Owners
Refuse to Register their AR-15s.

New York SAFE Act gun registration numbers have been released.

Source:      
The TimesUnion
       Quote:
Since New York's SAFE Act gun control law went into effect in January 2013, a total of 23,847 people have applied to register their newly defined assault-style weapons with the State Police.

Those individuals have registered a total of 44,485 weapons.........

.........People who already owned assault style weapons were allowed to keep them but were supposed to register them with the State Police by an April 2014 deadline.

Second Amendment advocates called it an intrusion into their privacy, and as the logistics of tracking the registration became clear, many predicted that only a handful of people would actually register their guns.

Capanna called the state's tally of fewer than 45,000 weapons a sign that the law was being ignored by many.

While there is no firm count, observers have estimated there could have been hundreds of thousands or even a million assault-style weapons in New York when the law passed........

In NY only about 45,000 AR-15s have been registered as ordered by State Law........but it's estimated that there were at least 1,000,000 or so AR-15s owned in the State prior to the registration due date.......which would mean over 950,000 were not registered as required by State law.

What will the State do now? The State Police is even at odds with the State Lawmakers......they say that the Law itself is illegal/unconstitutional, & many are on record that they will not enforce the new State Law. Being that they were voted in by the People of NY State, & not hired by the government, they are not beholden to the government, & they will honor their oath to defend, & protect the US Constitution.....which includes.....you guessed it......includes the Second Amendment. Wink

See this about Police refusal to enforce new gun laws:

https://www.google.com.au/search?output=search&sclient=psy-ab&pbx=1&q=new+yorkers+state+troopers+refuse+to+enforce+the+new+gun+laws

« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2019 at 12:06am by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #542 - Apr 25th, 2019 at 5:00pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 24th, 2019 at 10:48pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2019 at 10:44pm:
Panther wrote on Apr 24th, 2019 at 6:26pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 24th, 2019 at 5:43pm:
The SCOTUS is wrong.

The Second Amendment does require Americans to be part of a "well regulated Militia."  Anything less is a betrayal of the US Constitution.    Roll Eyes

Sez who......you??...... 

Yes.   Roll Eyes

You're wrong again bwian, must be a very quiet day in your crappy forum if you're trolling this forum.

No, I am correct, Baron.  You and Panther and Mort are the ones wrong.  Time to stop believing YouTube videos give credence to your arguments, Baron.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #543 - Apr 25th, 2019 at 7:00pm

@
Mort & Barron

.....let the ole fudgepacker have his fantasy.

He's just tryin' to get you both riled up.

He's ignorantly illiterate.....he doesn't understand that the United States Supreme Court has the final say in what the United States Constitution says & means......if they say black is white....it's white, & only a subsequent decision by another subsequent US Supreme Court can change it by deciding otherwise.

No inferior lower US Court has the ability to overrule or appeal a US Supreme Court decision......period, end of story.....case closed.

Bwian needs to read the Supreme Court decisions regarding    DC v. Heller  &  McDonald v. the City of Chicago,  where the United States Supreme Court decided that constitutionally Americans have the Individual Right to Keep & Bear Arms, & have the Right to use their firearms in self-defense......because that's basically what the Court ultimately decided.

They also ruled in Heller that there is no requirement or prerequisite that an Individual American Citizen needs to belong to a Militia, or something similar, in order to Keep & Bear Arms.

What the US Supreme Court decided in those cases is what any & all, future or existing, laws will need to be based on, & comply with. As before, there is no option for appeal, as their decision is final unless overturned by a subsequent SCOTUS, at a future date.

So, what Bwian is fantasizing about is his self-imposed folly within his own mind.

Ignore him....don't waste yer time with him......

Americans....including myself.....know he's just pissin' up a rope.  Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

His invalid argument, that the US Supreme Court is wrong, falls on completely deaf ears. A future  Supreme Court may someday decide otherwise, but until then the Second Amendment is defined by their past decisions, & American Law cares not what an uneducated Australian using the name Brian Ross "believes" or doesn't "believe".  Grin Grin Grin

« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2019 at 9:05pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #544 - Apr 25th, 2019 at 11:13pm

The US Supreme Court is wrong in it's interpretation of the US Constitution's Second Amendment, Panther.  The SCOTUS is not impartial.  It is heavily loaded with biases, one way or t'other.  Your failure to recognise that just inidcates how biased you are, yourself, Panther.  QED.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #545 - Apr 26th, 2019 at 12:28am

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 25th, 2019 at 11:13pm:
The US Supreme Court is wrong in it's interpretation of the US Constitution's Second Amendment, Panther.  The SCOTUS is not impartial.  It is heavily loaded with biases, one way or t'other.  Your failure to recognise that just inidcates how biased you are, yourself, Panther.  QED.   Roll Eyes

That is just your opinion and the opinion of those who want to reinterpret the Constitution. They claim it is a living, breathing contract favoring government control of the people. Actually it  is a restriction on the power of government and if the general opinion is that it is just a piece of paper there is "no" limits to governments power over our lives. There are cultures that feel a level of subservience to their government, mine isn't one of them. I am beginning to believe yours is! Unfortunately we don't usually send our best to Washington and we end up with too many just seeking power. Low pay and term limits would really improve the quality of those seeking public office! It would help to enforce the FACT they are there to serve, not to rule!

Imagine if the Liberals on the Supreme Court were to reinterpret the 10 commandments. While the Conservatives on the Court were insisting it means what is says, the Liberals would be arguing it was full of loopholes and able to be re imagined as approving many things it condemns!  

As I have stated many times, gun control isn't about the guns as much as it is control of the people and have those people desire to be protected in their helplessness.

The only difference between a Communist and a Democrat is the spelling.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #546 - Apr 26th, 2019 at 10:27am

This is the kind of insane crap that "them good ol' boys" get up to ...

Shocked

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #547 - Apr 26th, 2019 at 10:35am

My unashamed bias, nor yours, can change FACT, & the FACT is, as designed by the American Founding Fathers, the United States Supreme Court Justices are chosen by a political process.

Amending the United States Constitution, which is the People's Document, by a majority vote of the People in each of 34 of our 50 United States, is the only way to change how Justices to the Supreme Court are nominated, & confirmed.

Your retort still does not overcome the sole fact that makes your fantasy, still just that, a fantasy.

The United States Supreme Court is the final judge in all cases involving laws written by Congress, & interpreting the 'Law of the Land' - the United States Constitution.

Whatever the United States Supreme Court decides, effectively defines the 'Law of the Land', & their decisions stand....like it or not....until, & if, a future SCOTUS finds a way to overturn a previous SCOTUS decision with it's own.

Like it or not Brian........The Citizens of the United States of America, THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, have the Right to Keep & Bear Arms, & use such, to defend themselves, their families, their fellow citizens, & their possessions/property.

The Right to Keep & Bear Arms allows law-abiding citizens to exercise their fundamental right of self-protection, in the manner that best suits their needs......& the Freedom to choose which best suits is their Right, & not the Governments.  Wink

« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2019 at 11:07am by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #548 - Apr 26th, 2019 at 4:29pm

Panther wrote on Apr 26th, 2019 at 10:35am:

My unashamed bias, nor yours, can change FACT, & the FACT is, as designed by the American Founding Fathers, the United States Supreme Court Justices are chosen by a political process.

And there is the problem, Panther.  Political processes are bound by the biases of the politicians making the decisions.   Monarchy is above that.  The mandate of heaven ensures that.   Cool

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #549 - Apr 26th, 2019 at 11:00pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 26th, 2019 at 4:29pm:

And there is the problem, Panther.  Political processes are bound by the biases of the politicians making the decisions.   Monarchy is above that.  The mandate of heaven ensures that.   Cool

So there you have it......you have your world, & the America has theirs.....Your fantasy can never trump our reality....Long live the Republic.....God Bless America.....where Freedom of the Individual, & Liberty of those who chose the life of self-rule, with death & eternal damnation to the right of kings forever & ever!!!!

......................................................................................................................................................................................................

« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2019 at 11:08pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #550 - Apr 26th, 2019 at 11:03pm

Ah yes, gods on Earth and the divine right of the Monarchy. A class system where you know who is your Betters!

The only difference between a Communist and a Democrat is the spelling.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #551 - Apr 26th, 2019 at 11:20pm

Panther wrote on Apr 26th, 2019 at 11:00pm:

So there you have it......you have your world, & the America has theirs.....Your fantasy can never trump our reality....

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  You live in this so-called "fantasy", Panther - you live, in Victoria, Australia which is a part of the Commonwealth and which has a Monarch as it's Head of State.    It sure looks like reality to me, mate.  You can go on living your fantasy, swearing allegiance to the US flag every day, yet you don't even live in the US, do you?  So how can you know what the American public believe, Mmmm?

Run along, Panther, back to your little kiddies' playground where you can roll in the mud all day long.  You are a WOFTM.   You troll here and waste our time.   You disgust me.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #552 - Apr 26th, 2019 at 11:22pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 26th, 2019 at 11:03pm:

Ah yes, gods on Earth and the divine right of the Monarchy. A class system where you know who is your Betters!

As against the USA where the people who are supposedly better than anybody else, the Republicans rule the roost and shoot anybody who disagrees with them.  Oh, dearie, dearie, me, reality yet again intrudes on your fantasies, Mort.  How many school children will be killed this year in the USA but gun nuts armed to the teeth with weapons they have legally bought?  Mmmmm?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #553 - Apr 27th, 2019 at 9:45am

You can carry all the arms you can cope with.

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

⮞ ⮞ Americans Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜
Reply #554 - Apr 27th, 2019 at 12:59pm

Kennesaw, Georgia
Violent Crime Rate Tiny Thanks to It's Gun Laws

Source:      
Concealed Nation
       Quote:
At one point the town of Kennesaw, Georgia was just like many others in the South — and by that, we mean that it was not law that the head of every household had to own a firearm.

Not anymore, thanks to a bill that compelled each family to own a firearm as prevention against violent crime.

The bill passed in 1982, and ever since, the small city has built a solid reputation for itself — these are people you don’t want to mess with, and homes you do not want to break into.

Now, the entire city has had one single murder in the past six years, and the violent crime rate is less than two percent, according to the Independent Journal Review.

According to the Neighborhood Scout, the national average for the violent crime is four percent.

That’s a massive difference. Do you think that’s coincidence? I sure don’t.

The connection is obvious — who on this earth wants to break into a home knowing that the homeowner is ready to employ deadly force in defense of life, liberty, and family? It’s suicidal, and no quick buck is worth that.

Imagine the level of danger a criminal takes on when breaking into a gun shop — they know there are armed folks inside. It’s the best deterrent one could hope for.

If more Americans understood the reality that where guns are in the hands of law-abiding citizens, crime decreases, we’d see a lot more violent crime averages like that in Kennesaw, Georgia.

These Americans not only oppose banning guns, they make it Mandatory that every household must own a firearm in working order!

Now, the law isn't exactly strictly enforced, but if you're a criminal, & over 95% of interviewed criminals agree, if they have a suspicion that the owner of the home or business they are contemplating robbing, the people inside are most probably armed with a firearm, they would move on........they believe the probability of a violent confrontation wouldn't be worth the risk...

There are other US Cities besides Kennesaw that do the same........they make it mandatory to own a firearm as does Kennesaw, with more on the way....... Wink

More Guns = Less Crime .......... "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2019 at 1:05pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 141
Send Topic Print