Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 141
Send Topic Print
⮞ ⮞ Americans Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜ (Read 127004 times)
Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: ⮞ ⮞ Americans Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜
Reply #600 - May 18th, 2019 at 10:13am

Mortdooley wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 11:06pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 8:33pm:
Mortdooley wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 11:19pm:
Reposted by Don Surber

Venezuela 2012: Citizens lose their right to own firearms, millions of guns turned into the government

Venezuela 2016: Citizens are starving and line up for hours in breadlines

Venezuela 2019: Citizens are fired upon by their government and denied humanitarian aid
    — Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11)

Oh, but it couldn't happen here!

How likely is it, do you honestly believe, that the American population would elect a far-left Communist government, Mort?  Really?

How is asking that the types of firearms be limited to non-semi-automatic longarms and non-pump-action shotguns and that firearms owners must demonstrate a need to own a firearm and an ability to safely use and store it, comparable to Venezuela banning private firearms ownership?  If you believe the two are comparable, you're a hopeless case, mate.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Yes, absolutely!

Have you paid any attention to the group all competing for the nomination as the democrats presidential candidate? There isn't even one who should hold any public office much less the highest office in the land! All they offer is something for nothing to the ill informed and can never deliver. Telling people that all their financial mistakes will be forgiven and the wealth of those who earned it will be redistributed to them is the false promise. Listening to how bold some of their statements are shows how stupid they believe their supporters to be. Vote for raising taxes and open borders, if you vote for someone who promises that you are truly and hopelessly stupid and yes you will vote for a far-left communist government!  Government is a necessary evil and it should only do for the people what they can't do for themselves not rule over them. National defense, infrastructure and protecting the freedoms of Individuals are about all it should concern itself with. Border security comes under national defense, a nation without borders isn't really a nation.

https://www.americanpartisan.org/2019/05/the-latin-american-illegal-immigrant-a-...

Hugo Chavez was elected on promises not too different than those of Bernie Sanders. Look how well that has worked for the people there.

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Ch%C3%A1vez

It is none of yours or the governments business what I own until I become a threat to others. That is one definition of freedom, I can do anything I choose as long as I please until it infringes on the Rights of others.

Correct.

Soverign citizen. It is my right.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #601 - May 18th, 2019 at 10:15am

Panther wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 4:24pm:

Murderous Americans...Number One with a Bullet?

The True Meaning of the 2nd Amendment

[

That is gold.
Why can't the media actually lay it out like this.....oh,  because it is real and not propaganda. Silly me. (Facepalm)

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #602 - May 18th, 2019 at 10:19am

Brian Ross wrote on May 16th, 2019 at 1:59pm:
Mortdooley wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 11:06pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 8:33pm:
Mortdooley wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 11:19pm:
Reposted by Don Surber

Venezuela 2012: Citizens lose their right to own firearms, millions of guns turned into the government

Venezuela 2016: Citizens are starving and line up for hours in breadlines

Venezuela 2019: Citizens are fired upon by their government and denied humanitarian aid
    — Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11)

Oh, but it couldn't happen here!

How likely is it, do you honestly believe, that the American population would elect a far-left Communist government, Mort?  Really?

How is asking that the types of firearms be limited to non-semi-automatic longarms and non-pump-action shotguns and that firearms owners must demonstrate a need to own a firearm and an ability to safely use and store it, comparable to Venezuela banning private firearms ownership?  If you believe the two are comparable, you're a hopeless case, mate.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Yes, absolutely!

Then it appears you are indeed a hopeless case.  Guns do not guarantee freedom.  Aware, smart and intelligent voters guarantee freedom.   Anybody who believes otherwise is a fool.   Roll Eyes

Correct.
They are for the protection of that freedom should ANYTHING try to take that freedom away. Did you not hear the stats for Texas?
Can you please go and try to disarm Texas. That would be entertaining.  Grin

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #603 - May 18th, 2019 at 10:40am

Mortdooley wrote on May 17th, 2019 at 10:03pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 16th, 2019 at 10:49pm:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  You really are a hopeless case, Mort.   Run along.  Enjoy your fetish objects.   Roll Eyes

It is your phobia, not a fetish on my part.

Gun control is about politics, not safety. Current opinion is that about 300 people in the United States die every day from drug overdoses, many from illegal drugs smuggled across our borders. Do the Democratic legislators care? No, of course they don't so crying about lives lost due to gun shots is disingenuous! Do they care that fighting over drug dealers territories and general gang related violence are the majority of gun shot victims? No, they don't care about that either but they do support open Borders!

Look at Canada, they don't appear to have a need for further restrictions but Trudeau hopes to increase restrictions!

https://thegunblog.ca/2019/05/09/trudeau-has-secret-plan-on-sweeping-gun-ban-mp-...

Hehe....

Black lives matter. What color kills the most blacks? 

Speeding kills.....what is the average top speed of a car in the states mort? And what is the highest posted speed on your roads?
Here in Australia the average top speed would be around 200kph. Yet our speed limit is maxed out in Western Australia at 130kph. So the extra 70kph is for?? Ahhh. Gov funding... Grin

Suicide.
How's your suicide rate going over there?  Ours is fuct here.  We average 7 or so a day. With a measley 25 million people.
Oh,  and I'd bet your gun death stats are litered with suicides.

Other weapons.
Just how many die from weapons other than guns?  My guess is more than die from guns....but That is just guessing so I can't be sure. But over here they love the blade. People love stabbing each other. It's fun.

And now more than ever we Australians have guns all over our streets. Geez,  even grenade launchers but I don't know what class they fall under. Definitely not semi auto.

These duped out dumb c@#ts That want to disarm the population cant think beyond the television. They think that more regs on honest people will stop what dishonest people do. They are really clever drones or the highest order.

What ever you yanks do, do not give up your guns...especially with the government in your country. Ours aided in killing 28 in 96. Yours....holly hell.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #604 - May 19th, 2019 at 11:58am

Captain Caveman wrote on May 18th, 2019 at 10:40am:
Mortdooley wrote on May 17th, 2019 at 10:03pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 16th, 2019 at 10:49pm:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  You really are a hopeless case, Mort.   Run along.  Enjoy your fetish objects.   Roll Eyes

It is your phobia, not a fetish on my part.

Gun control is about politics, not safety. Current opinion is that about 300 people in the United States die every day from drug overdoses, many from illegal drugs smuggled across our borders. Do the Democratic legislators care? No, of course they don't so crying about lives lost due to gun shots is disingenuous! Do they care that fighting over drug dealers territories and general gang related violence are the majority of gun shot victims? No, they don't care about that either but they do support open Borders!

Look at Canada, they don't appear to have a need for further restrictions but Trudeau hopes to increase restrictions!

https://thegunblog.ca/2019/05/09/trudeau-has-secret-plan-on-sweeping-gun-ban-mp-...

Hehe....

Black lives matter. What color kills the most blacks? 

Speeding kills.....what is the average top speed of a car in the states mort? And what is the highest posted speed on your roads?
Here in Australia the average top speed would be around 200kph. Yet our speed limit is maxed out in Western Australia at 130kph. So the extra 70kph is for?? Ahhh. Gov funding... Grin

Suicide.
How's your suicide rate going over there?  Ours is fuct here.  We average 7 or so a day. With a measley 25 million people.
Oh,  and I'd bet your gun death stats are litered with suicides.

Other weapons.
Just how many die from weapons other than guns?  My guess is more than die from guns....but That is just guessing so I can't be sure. But over here they love the blade. People love stabbing each other. It's fun.

And now more than ever we Australians have guns all over our streets. Geez,  even grenade launchers but I don't know what class they fall under. Definitely not semi auto.

These duped out dumb c@#ts That want to disarm the population cant think beyond the television. They think that more regs on honest people will stop what dishonest people do. They are really clever drones or the highest order.

What ever you yanks do, do not give up your guns...especially with the government in your country. Ours aided in killing 28 in 96. Yours....holly hell.

FACT:
The US Suicide Rate by Firearms is GREATER than 65% of ALL deaths by Firearms....over 21,000 intentional deaths per year.

The Left shouldn't mind this stat too, too much.......they're all into having   "The Right to Choose"   when murdering infants in the womb (sometime out-of-womb too).....  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

21,000+ Satisfied Customers each & every year....exercising their "Right to ChooseWink

« Last Edit: May 19th, 2019 at 12:31pm by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #605 - May 22nd, 2019 at 1:29pm

Gov. Abbott Signs NRA-Backed Tenants' Rights Bill

Source:      
NRA-ILA
       Quote:
FAIRFAX, Va. – The National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) applauded Gov. Greg Abbott on Thursday for signing NRA-backed legislation that protects tenants’ rights by prohibiting “no firearms” clauses in residential leases.

“The Supreme Court was clear in 2008 when it ruled the Second Amendment protects the right of individuals to have firearms in their homes for self-defense,” said Tara Mica, Texas state director, NRA-ILA. “House Bill 302 is an important piece of legislation that ensures Texans’ fundamental rights are protected no matter where they live.”

The measure, House Bill 302, was sponsored by Rep. Dennis Paul and Sen. Bryan Hughes. It protects tenants’ rights to possess lawfully owned firearms and ammunition in dwelling units and on manufactured home lots. The bill also protects tenants’ rights to transport their firearms between their personal vehicles and those locations.

House Bill 302 will be a unique law among America’s 50 states. It was filed in response to tenants who alerted NRA-ILA and the Texas State Rifle Association about a growing number of lease provisions restricting firearm possession.

The new law will take effect on Sept. 1 and will only affect future lease agreements.

“The men and women of the NRA thank Rep. Paul and Sen. Hughes for sponsoring this key bill, as well as Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick and Speaker Dennis Bonnen for prioritizing the measure. Protecting tenants’ Second Amendment rights is an important matter, and we’re pleased the Texas Legislature has taken the lead on addressing this issue," Mica concluded.

...   .........   ...

A FREE America, aided by the NRA, strives further for American Rights, Liberties, & Freedoms........

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #606 - May 22nd, 2019 at 3:48pm

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #607 - May 22nd, 2019 at 6:41pm

Another One Of
America's Fine Shooting Magazines

The
NRA's
SHOOTING ILLUSTRATED

June 2019

Click on the Above Picture to Open the Magazine.

PS........ If you wish to read earlier issues, just change the date at the end of the link
The numbers at the end of the link, in this case 201906 is for June, 2019
so if you wish to read July, 2018 it would be 201807, or you can choose any other date you wish.

ex: November, 2018 would be 201811   February, 2019 would be 201902....etc.   

See what Millions of Law-Abiding American Shooters are Enjoying for
FREE
!

Enjoy!

« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2019 at 6:57pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #608 - May 22nd, 2019 at 8:37pm

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

⮞ ⮞ Americans Will Always Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜
Reply #609 - May 31st, 2019 at 10:38am

What “Unsigning” the Arms Trade Treaty Means
To American Gun Owners

Source:      
NRA-ILA
       Quote:
....President Trump took the historic step of ordering the “unsigning” of the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty during his address to the NRA-ILA’s Leadership Forum. President Trump’s action effectively withdraws the United States from the most comprehensive effort towards international gun control.

Much of the intervening coverage on the ATT has focused on how the treaty did or did not constrain U.S. arms sales abroad, but many average law-abiding gun owners may be questioning how the treaty could or couldn’t have affected them. 

NRA’s complaints regarding the treaty have always been based on its potential effect on law-abiding American gun owners. Those complaints have focused on the treaty’s requirements for end use verification, its sometimes-unintelligible vagueness, its ability to be amended without the consensus of all parties, & its proponents repeated refusals to clarify that it has no effect on the possession of small arms by civilians in the United States.

The treaty urges record keeping of end users, directing importing countries to provide information to an exporting country regarding arms transfers, including “end use or end user documentation” for a “minimum of ten years.” Each country is to “take measures, pursuant to its national laws, to regulate brokering taking place under its jurisdiction for conventional arms.” Data kept on the end users of imported firearms is a de-facto registry of law-abiding firearms owners, which is a violation of federal law. Even worse, the ATT could be construed to require such a registry to be made available to foreign governments.

The vagueness of the treaty and its ease of being “amended” is best exemplified by actions that took place at a conference on the treaty last year. At that conference, proponents of the treaty “welcome[ed]” several living documents into the ATT. While seemingly innocuous on its face, this change incorporated the International Small Arms Control Standards (ISACS) into the ATT.

Falsely described as established “international standards” or “international norms” that “provide clear, practical and comprehensive guidance to practitioners and policymakers on fundamental aspects of small arms and light weapons control”, the ISACS are in reality a series of six standards developed by the UN for states to use in implementing their global disarmament agenda. Series 3 – Legislative & Regulatory – and its Module 3.30, “National Regulation of Civilian Access to Small Arms and Light Weapons,” is the most alarming of all the ISACS.

Purporting to set the standards for “National Regulation of Civilian Access to Small Arms and Light Weapons,” Module 3.30 creates a means to almost entirely limit civilian access to small arms under the guise of International Humanitarian Law, International Human Rights Law, and Gender Based Violence. Highlights include, but are not limited to; a ban on civilian possession of “military” style arms – no automatic weapons or magazines with over a 10 round capacity, ballistic recordings, different risk classifications on types of firearms (i.e. calibers over .45 are an intolerable risk to public safety and semi-auto handguns and rifles are high risk), licensing and registration of all firearms, training and storage restrictions, waiting periods, 20-year record retention requirements of sellers, age limits and requiring a demonstrated need to possess a firearm, with self-defense not being one of them.   

While incorporation by reference of the ISACS into the ATT was alarming, it was also not entirely unpredictable. As with every anti-firearm UN initiative, concern must never lie entirely with what is in it now, but with what it will become and how it will be used by a future U.S. administration, especially one seeking international justification for a gun control agenda. 

Perhaps the easiest way to understand the future danger the ATT posed to U.S. gun owners is the complete refusal by proponents of the treaty to clarify that it would have no effect on the possession of small arms by law-abiding American gun owners.  NRA and other opponents of the treaty repeatedly asked for a carve-out in the treaty, yet those requests were flatly denied. If the treaty’s proponents had no intention of limiting American gun ownership, why resist such a limitation to the text of the treaty?

Instead, the treaty included language in its preamble that treaty parties be “mindful of the legitimate trade & lawful ownership, and use of certain conventional arms for recreational, cultural, historical, & sporting activities, where such trade, ownership and use are permitted or protected by law.” A careful read will show that the use of arms for individual and collective defense is notably missing from this statement, and the statement creates no limitation & is really only an aspirational provision.

Please join us in thanking President Trump for protecting our firearms freedoms by removing any obligation of the United States to be bound by the “object and purpose” of the Arms Trade Treaty.

« Last Edit: May 31st, 2019 at 10:51am by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #610 - May 31st, 2019 at 10:42am

The UN Office for Disarmament Affairs claimed the treaty would not interfere with domestic arms commerce or the right to bear arms in its member states; ban the export of any type of weapon; harm the legitimate right to self-defence; or undermine national arms regulation standards already in place.[24][25]

The Arms Trade Treaty obligates member states to monitor arms exports and ensure that weapons don't cross existing arms embargoes or end up being used for human-rights abuses, including terrorism. Member states, with the assistance of the U.N., will put into place enforceable, standardized arms import and export regulations (much like those that already exist in the U.S.) and be expected to track the destination of exports to ensure they do not end up in the wrong hands. Ideally, that means limiting the inflow of deadly weapons into places like Syria.[26]

Advocates of the treaty say that it only pertains to international arms trade, and would have no effect on current domestic laws.[27][28][29] These advocates point to the UN General Assembly resolution starting the process on the ATT. The resolution explicitly states that it is "the exclusive right of States to regulate internal transfers of arms and national ownership, including through constitutional protections on private ownership."

So why the NRA feels the need to interfere is beyond me.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

⮞ ⮞ Americans Will Always Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜
Reply #611 - May 31st, 2019 at 11:00am

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #612 - May 31st, 2019 at 11:02am

Ahhh so its another anti-UN conspiracy theory got you.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #613 - May 31st, 2019 at 12:49pm

... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

SerialBrain9
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #614 - Jun 5th, 2019 at 2:11pm

Panther wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 6:41pm:

Another One Of
America's Fine Shooting Magazines

The
NRA's
SHOOTING ILLUSTRATED

June 2019

http://pages.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/nra/si_201906/iphone/nra_si_201906_p0001_midre...

Click on the Above Picture to Open the Magazine.

PS........ If you wish to read earlier issues, just change the date at the end of the link
The numbers at the end of the link, in this case 201906 is for June, 2019
so if you wish to read July, 2018 it would be 201807, or you can choose any other date you wish.

ex: November, 2018 would be 201811   February, 2019 would be 201902....etc.   

See what Millions of Law-Abiding American Shooters are Enjoying for
FREE
!

Enjoy!

Thanks for that - One thing the GUN Grabbers always forget to mention is that of the lives saved from concealed to carry Folks

Beware the Fury of a Patient Man.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 141
Send Topic Print