Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 141
Send Topic Print
⮞ ⮞ Americans Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜ (Read 126966 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: ⮞ ⮞ Americans Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜
Reply #675 - Apr 1st, 2020 at 6:48pm

Tiny penis, cowards.

I'd never hide behind a gun.

I don't need a thousand years of engineering to defend myself or my family, in the extremely slim chance that I would ever need to.

I'm a real man.

I got this.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #676 - Apr 1st, 2020 at 6:51pm

We have the beg for mercy option in Australia.

The police will turn up later to investigate the crime scene.

Leftists believe criminals should have a safe working environment.

dc_003.jpg (65 KB | 12 )
dc_003.jpg

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #677 - Apr 1st, 2020 at 8:13pm

you're quoting a nutcase

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #678 - Apr 1st, 2020 at 8:15pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 1st, 2020 at 6:51pm:
We have the beg for mercy option in Australia.

Really?

I've never begged for anything in my life.

Maybe you should stop cowering behind your guns, and come out and see the real world.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #679 - Apr 1st, 2020 at 8:18pm

Yes. Australian Prisons have all the bells and whistles.
Prisoners have mobile phones and half the contraband is provided by Guards.
University Degrees are offered, just like Bojacks, in Prison.
Australian Prisons are great!
Even Aboriginals in the Outback 'volunteer' to go to Prison as an escape from the crap outside.

The Australian Government looks well after it's 'Convicts' and put them to work from their Isolation Cells to 'Criminally Hack' into overseas major and national 'Cashless Society' vaults.  Wink
They work tirelessly to make our nation rich.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #680 - Apr 1st, 2020 at 8:20pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 1st, 2020 at 8:18pm:
Yes. Australian Prisons have all the bells and whistles.
Prisoners have mobile phones and half the contraband is provided by Guards.
University Degrees are offered, just like Bojacks, in Prison.

They should be mandatory.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #681 - Apr 1st, 2020 at 8:40pm

Neddy Smith is better educated thn Jasiin. Who knew

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #682 - Apr 1st, 2020 at 10:35pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 1st, 2020 at 8:13pm:
you're quoting a nutcase

Horseboy should be a warning to all of the result of using drugs.

However people chose to defend themselves responsibly is fine with me.

Lets be clear about this. Introducing new laws that turn peaceful law abiding gun owners into criminals is a criminal act in itself. The act of a totalitarian fascist state.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #683 - Apr 1st, 2020 at 10:39pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 1st, 2020 at 6:48pm:
Tiny penis, cowards.

I don't need a thousand years of engineering to defend myself or my family, in the extremely slim chance that I would ever need to.

I'm a real man.

I got this.

Real Man???

No one who lies as often and blatantly as you do is a REAL MAN. Someone who needs to make up lies to defend the weakness of their delusional opinions.

Yeah REAL MAN!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #684 - Apr 1st, 2020 at 10:45pm

Richdude wrote on Apr 1st, 2020 at 10:39pm:
Tiny penis, cowards.

I'm a real man.

I got this.

Real Man???

No one who lies as often and blatantly as you do is a REAL MAN. Someone who needs to make up lies to defend the weakness of their delusional opinions.

Yeah REAL MAN!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

And here's Rich lying about the American Constitution:

Richdude wrote on Apr 1st, 2020 at 7:20am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 9:58pm:
Everything you say on this has been completely disproven, Rich. Hardly a distraction to ask for your sources.

You're just stalling until you run off. Why don't you say something great before you go?

You know, go out in style. Here's your chance, dear.

You really make some ridiculous comments.

Oh! So the President doesn't have veto powers?

In fact the President does indeed have the power of vetoing any legislation he doesn't like. That would include sanctions that harm Russia.

Try using common sense and stop watching fake news!

No mistakes here. As a child, Rich studied politics upon the knees of ex-presidents. He's not mistaken about a president's role in implementing the laws of Congress. He's just lying.

That's a relief, no?

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #685 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 11:12am

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 1st, 2020 at 10:45pm:

In fact the President does indeed have the power of vetoing any legislation he doesn't like. That would include sanctions that harm Russia.

No mistakes here. As a child, Rich studied politics upon the knees of ex-presidents. He's not mistaken about a president's role in implementing the laws of Congress.
He's just lying.

That's a relief, no?

What Rich said there......
"In fact the President does indeed have the power of vetoing any legislation he doesn't like. That would include sanctions that harm Russia."

That is 100% true.....100% absolute FACT.

Source:      
US House Archives
       Quote:
Article I, section 7 of the Constitution grants the President the authority to veto legislation passed by Congress. This authority is one of the most significant tools the President can employ to prevent the passage of legislation. Even the threat of a veto can bring about changes in the content of legislation long before the bill is ever presented to the President. The Constitution provides the President 10 days (excluding Sundays) to act on legislation or the legislation automatically becomes law. There are two types of vetoes: the “regular veto” and the “pocket veto.”...........

For Example: Any legislation, including legislation that places sanctions on or against ANY country, including Russia, that is passed by Congress & sent to the President's desk for his signature, can be vetoed.

Upon such a Presidential Veto, Congress can over-ride his Veto if Congress (both Houses) can vote on the Vetoed proposed Legislation & re-pass the proposed Legislation with a two-thirds vote in both the House and the Senate.

Failure of attain a 2/3rds Majority in both the House & the Senate will cause the President's Veto to stand, & the proposed legislation is dead, unless the process is restarted in both Houses of Congress, changes acceptable to the President are made, passed by both Houses, & the newly proposed legislation is again submitted for Presidential final approval & signature. (The only way that a Presidential signature wouldn't be required, is if both Houses passed the proposed legislation -- in advance of presenting the legislation to the President -- with 2/3rds majority votes. In that case the President would usually agree to the legislation & sign the legislation into law, or ignore it for 10 days (excluding Sundays), after which the Legislation automatically becomes law without need for a Presidential signature.)

Therefore Rich is 100% Correct.....

Karnal, in your Anti-Trump zeal, you've made a severe error in FACT by ignoring a simple FACT regarding American Politics, & the powers of both Congress & the President.
Wink

« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2020 at 11:17am by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #686 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 11:17am

Tiny penis, cowards.

I'm a real man.

I got this.

Real Man???

Yep.

Not a pussy who hides behind a gun.

Life is good   Smiley

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #687 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 11:18am

USA Good Politics: The President (individual)
USA Bad Politics: The Establishment (mass)

USA Bad Art: Thanos (individual)
USA Good Art: The Superheroes (mass)

...USA Bad? Like Thanos having an 'affair' with the Political Establishment  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #688 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 11:39am

Panther wrote on Apr 2nd, 2020 at 11:12am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 1st, 2020 at 10:45pm:

No mistakes here. As a child, Rich studied politics upon the knees of ex-presidents. He's not mistaken about a president's role in implementing the laws of Congress.
He's just lying.

That's a relief, no?

What Rich said there......
"In fact the President does indeed have the power of vetoing any legislation he doesn't like. That would include sanctions that harm Russia."

That is 100% true.....100% absolute FACT.

Source:      
US House Archives
       Quote:
Article I, section 7 of the Constitution grants the President the authority to veto legislation passed by Congress. This authority is one of the most significant tools the President can employ to prevent the passage of legislation. Even the threat of a veto can bring about changes in the content of legislation long before the bill is ever presented to the President. The Constitution provides the President 10 days (excluding Sundays) to act on legislation or the legislation automatically becomes law. There are two types of vetoes: the “regular veto” and the “pocket veto.”...........

For Example: Any legislation, including legislation that places sanctions on or against ANY country, including Russia, that is passed by Congress & sent to the President's desk for his signature, can be vetoed.

Upon such a Presidential Veto, Congress can over-ride his Veto if Congress (both Houses) can vote on the Vetoed proposed Legislation & re-pass the proposed Legislation with a two-thirds vote in both the House and the Senate.

Failure of attain a 2/3rds Majority in both the House & the Senate will cause the President's Veto to stand, & the proposed legislation is dead, unless the process is restarted in both Houses of Congress, changes acceptable to the President are made, passed by both Houses, & the newly proposed legislation is again submitted for Presidential final approval & signature. (The only way that a Presidential signature wouldn't be required, is if both Houses passed the proposed legislation -- in advance of presenting the legislation to the President -- with 2/3rds majority votes. In that case the President would usually agree to the legislation & sign the legislation into law, or ignore it for 10 days (excluding Sundays), after which the Legislation automatically becomes law without need for a Presidential signature.)

Therefore Rich is 100% Correct.....

Karnal, in your Anti-Trump zeal, you've made a severe error in FACT by ignoring a simple FACT regarding American Politics, & the powers of both Congress & the President.
Wink

Your constitution doesn't mention vetos, Panther, but it's a moot point.

Congress can override a veto by passing the act by a two-thirds vote in both the House and the Senate.

https://www.archives.gov/files/legislative/resources/education/veto/background.p...

The vote for sanctions in the house and Senate was so overwhelming it was impossible to veto.

Quote:
Trump, who has long said he would like better relations with Russia, grudgingly accepted the new sanctions, which also include Iran and North Korea. The bill had enough support in Congress to override a presidential veto.
https://wina.com/news/030030-trump-administration-sends-conflicting-signals-on-r...

Indeed, Mr Trump was so miffed at the sanctions, he called them "seriously flawed". He signed them anyway. The Congress weren't taking any chances. They made sure Trump wouldn't try to meddle. Same source:

Quote:
The new sanctions measure, the first major foreign policy legislation approved by Congress since Trump took office in January, includes a provision allowing Congress to stop any effort by the president to ease existing sanctions on Russia.

Your president does not have unlimited power.

You?

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #689 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 11:45am

Source:      
US CONSTITUTION
       Quote:
Article 1 Section 7

All bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with amendments as on other Bills.
Every bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a law, be presented to the President of the United States;
if he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the objections at large on their journal, and proceed to reconsider it.
If after such reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the bill, it shall be sent, together with the objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a law. But in all such cases the votes of both Houses shall be determined by yeas and nays, and the names of the persons voting for and against the bill shall be entered on the journal of each House respectively. If any bill shall not be returned by the President within ten days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the same shall be a law, in like manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their adjournment prevent its return, in which case it shall not be a law.

Every order, resolution, or vote to which the concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of adjournment) shall be presented to the President of the United States; and before the same shall take effect, shall be approved by him, or being disapproved by him, shall be repassed by two thirds of the Senate and House of Representatives, according to the rules and limitations prescribed in the case of a bill.

A Presidential
Veto
.....pure & simple......

Sorry Karnal.......you need to get over your hatred for President Trump for one moment, & accept  FACT......the President can Veto legislation.
Wink
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2020 at 12:02pm by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 141
Send Topic Print