Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 141
Send Topic Print
⮞ ⮞ Americans Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜ (Read 126959 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: ⮞ ⮞ Americans Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜
Reply #690 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 12:01pm

Panther wrote on Apr 2nd, 2020 at 11:45am:

US Gun Sellers Listed as 'Critical'

Source:      
THE EXAMINER
       Quote:
A gun rights group is cheering after the Trump administration listed the firearms industry, including retailers, as part of the nation's critical infrastructure during the coronavirus emergency.

The designation by the federal Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency is advisory. The agency notes that the designation does not override determinations by individual jurisdictions of what they consider critical infrastructure sectors.

The firearms industry was not part of the federal agency's original list of critical infrastructure issued just over a week ago. The update released om Saturday follows a brewing legal battle between gun rights groups and California officials.

The gun lobby filed a suit after LA gun stores were closed, with California Governor Gavin Newsom saying each of the state's 58 counties could decide for themselves whether to list firearms dealers as nonessential businesses that should be subject to closure.

The group Gun Owners of America said in a statement that it's encouraged the Trump administration is not ignoring what it calls "the ability to protect yourself" during the emergency stemming from the pandemic.

Australian Associated Press

Unlike here in Australia, in America...."Land of the Free, because of the Brave".....
In America American Citizens believe that Self-Defense is one of, if not the most, important Right -- to defend their own lives, the lives of his loved ones, the lives of their friends, & defending their property as they deem fit -- is more important than the whims & fancy of the government. In America the government is subservient to the Will of the American People, not the other way around ---- like it seems to be here in Australia.

http://www.33sm.ml/smileys/WEthePEOPLE.gif

http://www.33sm.ml/smileys/2ndAmendment.gif

http://www.33sm.ml/smileys/Gunner0002LEFT.gifhttp://www.33sm.ml/smileys/guns4.gifhttp://www.33sm.ml/smileys/Gunner0002RIGHT.gif

https://imgur.com/UReUGgT.gif

And they're such pussies, they can't do it without guns.

Pathetic.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #691 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 12:02pm

US Gun Sellers Listed as 'Critical'

Source:      
THE EXAMINER
       Quote:
A gun rights group is cheering after the Trump administration listed the firearms industry, including retailers, as part of the nation's critical infrastructure during the coronavirus emergency.

The designation by the federal Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency is advisory. The agency notes that the designation does not override determinations by individual jurisdictions of what they consider critical infrastructure sectors.

The firearms industry was not part of the federal agency's original list of critical infrastructure issued just over a week ago. The update released om Saturday follows a brewing legal battle between gun rights groups and California officials.

The gun lobby filed a suit after LA gun stores were closed, with California Governor Gavin Newsom saying each of the state's 58 counties could decide for themselves whether to list firearms dealers as nonessential businesses that should be subject to closure.

The group Gun Owners of America said in a statement that it's encouraged the Trump administration is not ignoring what it calls "the ability to protect yourself" during the emergency stemming from the pandemic.

Australian Associated Press

Unlike here in Australia, in America...."Land of the Free, because of the Brave".....
In America American Citizens believe that Self-Defense is one of, if not the most, important Right -- to defend their own lives, the lives of his loved ones, the lives of their friends, & defending their property as they deem fit -- is more important than the whims & fancy of the government. In America the government is subservient to the Will of the American People, not the other way around ---- like it seems to be here in Australia.

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #692 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 12:03pm

And they're such pussies, they can't do it without guns.

Pathetic.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #693 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 12:15pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 2nd, 2020 at 12:03pm:
And they're
such pussies
<free men>, they can
't
do it with
out
guns.

Pathetic.

Americans, unlike Australians, have the Right to defend themselves as they deem fit, with whatever weapon they choose.....it's a matter of that they CAN.........not that they require any government's PERMISSION in their decision making.....before proceeding to defend themselves.

Say I lived in the USA.....One night, a Criminal climbs into my daughters bedroom window, I awake, grab my loaded handgun from my side-table.  I find him in her room. I startle him, he rushes towards me, I squeeze off 6 rounds into his sorry, black chest.....he falls dead......I'm safe, & my daughter is safe....so is the rest of my family.....Harrowing experience for us all, but the world is a better place without his sorry black criminal ass in it to terrorize anyone else........And I didn't even consider calling in the police. I took our protection & defense into my own hands. ...

PS.....he could have been a White, Asian, or Hispanic criminal , but it's my story.....& in this story he was black as the ace of spades.... ...

Try that anywhere in Australia mate.....the government will not let you own any weapon specifically to be used for self-defense, for if you do they will lock your sorry ass up in prison if they disagree......you have no Right of choice! The government is your master, & you are their servant......pathetic ...
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2020 at 1:08pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #694 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 12:18pm

Source:      
US CONSTITUTION
       Quote:
Article 1 Section 7

All bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with amendments as on other Bills.
Every bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a law, be presented to the President of the United States;
if he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the objections at large on their journal, and proceed to reconsider it.
If after such reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the bill, it shall be sent, together with the objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a law. But in all such cases the votes of both Houses shall be determined by yeas and nays, and the names of the persons voting for and against the bill shall be entered on the journal of each House respectively. If any bill shall not be returned by the President within ten days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the same shall be a law, in like manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their adjournment prevent its return, in which case it shall not be a law.

Every order, resolution, or vote to which the concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of adjournment) shall be presented to the President of the United States; and before the same shall take effect, shall be approved by him, or being disapproved by him, shall be repassed by two thirds of the Senate and House of Representatives, according to the rules and limitations prescribed in the case of a bill.

A Presidential
Veto
.....pure & simple......

Sorry Karnal.......you need to get over your hatred for President Trump for one moment, & accept  FACT......the President can Veto legislation.
Wink

And a Congressional and Senate veto of a veto - much less simple, no?

You seem to be struggling with this, Panther. For our resident constitutional scholar, that seems rather odd to me, along with the fact that you just turned a constitutional discussion of FACT into a political discussion about Mr Trump.

TDS, is it?

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #695 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 12:27pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 2nd, 2020 at 12:18pm:

Source:      
US CONSTITUTION
       Quote:
Article 1 Section 7

All bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with amendments as on other Bills.
Every bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a law, be presented to the President of the United States;
if he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the objections at large on their journal, and proceed to reconsider it.
If after such reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the bill, it shall be sent, together with the objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a law. But in all such cases the votes of both Houses shall be determined by yeas and nays, and the names of the persons voting for and against the bill shall be entered on the journal of each House respectively. If any bill shall not be returned by the President within ten days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the same shall be a law, in like manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their adjournment prevent its return, in which case it shall not be a law.

Every order, resolution, or vote to which the concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of adjournment) shall be presented to the President of the United States; and before the same shall take effect, shall be approved by him, or being disapproved by him, shall be repassed by two thirds of the Senate and House of Representatives, according to the rules and limitations prescribed in the case of a bill.

A Presidential
Veto
.....pure & simple......

Sorry Karnal.......you need to get over your hatred for President Trump for one moment, & accept  FACT......the President can Veto legislation.
Wink

You seem to be struggling with this, Panther. For our resident constitutional scholar, that seems rather odd to me, along with the fact that you just turned a constitutional discussion of FACT into a political discussion about Mr Trump.

TDS, is it?

Congress has always had the power to override a Presidential Veto.....even President Trump's Veto.....that said the fact still remains, the President, any President, even President Trump, can veto any legislation....as Rich correctly said, & I quote
"In fact the President does indeed have the power of vetoing any legislation he doesn't like. That would include sanctions that harm Russia.
Wink

« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2020 at 12:34pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #696 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 1:04pm

Panther wrote on Apr 2nd, 2020 at 12:15pm:
And they're
such pussies
<free men>, they can
't
do it with
out
guns.

Pathetic.

Americans, unlike Australians, have the Right to defend themselves as they deem fit, with whatever weapon they choose.....it's a matter of that they CAN.........not that they require any government's PERMISSION in their decision making.....before proceeding to defend themselves. http://www.33sm.ml/smileys/guns4.gif

Try that anywhere in Australia mate.....the government will not let you own any weapon specifically to be used for self-defense, for if you do they will lock your sorry ass up in prison if they disagree......you have no Right of choice! The government is your master, & you are their servant......pathetic http://www.33sm.ml/smileys/taunt.gif

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #697 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 1:05pm

Panther wrote on Apr 2nd, 2020 at 12:27pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 2nd, 2020 at 12:18pm:

Source:      
US CONSTITUTION
       Quote:
Article 1 Section 7

A Presidential
Veto
.....pure & simple......

Wink

TDS, is it?

Congress has always had the power to override a Presidential Veto.....even President Trump's Veto.....that said the fact still remains, the President, any President, even President Trump, can veto any legislation....as Rich correctly said, & I quote
"In fact the President does indeed have the power of vetoing any legislation he doesn't like. That would include sanctions that harm Russia.
Wink

I've shown you exactly how that does NOT include sanctions that harm Russia, Panther.

I've also shown how Rich's claim is a complete lie - Trump did NOT support the sanctions. He was against them from day one.

Do you disagree with these claims and the sources?

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #698 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 1:16pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 2nd, 2020 at 1:04pm:
And they're
such pussies
<free men>, they can
't
do it with
out
guns.

Pathetic.

Americans, unlike Australians, have the Right to defend themselves as they deem fit, with whatever weapon they choose.....it's a matter of that they CAN.........not that they require any government's PERMISSION in their decision making.....before proceeding to defend themselves.

Say I lived in the USA.....One night, a Criminal climbs into my daughters bedroom window, I awake, grab my loaded handgun from my side-table.  I find him in her room. I startle him, he rushes towards me, I squeeze off 6 rounds into his sorry, black chest.....he falls dead......I'm safe, & my daughter is safe....so is the rest of my family.....Harrowing experience for us all, but the world is a better place without his sorry black criminal ass in it to terrorize anyone else........And I didn't even consider calling in the police. I took our protection & defense into my own hands. http://www.33sm.ml/smileys/guns4.gif

PS.....he could have been a White, Asian, or Hispanic criminal , but it's my story.....& in this story he was black as the ace of spades.... http://www.33sm.ml/smileys/chuckle002.gif

Try that anywhere in Australia mate.....the government will not let you own any weapon specifically to be used for self-defense, for if you do they will lock your sorry ass up in prison if they disagree......you have no Right of choice! The government is your master, & you are their servant......pathetic http://www.33sm.ml/smileys/taunt.gif

https://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-gun-is-the-instrument-of-the-cowar...

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #699 - Apr 3rd, 2020 at 12:59am

And they're
such pussies
<free men>, they can
't
do it with
out
guns.

Pathetic.

Americans, unlike Australians, have the Right to defend themselves as they deem fit, with whatever weapon they choose.....it's a matter of that they CAN.........not that they require any government's PERMISSION in their decision making.....before proceeding to defend themselves. http://www.33sm.ml/smileys/guns4.gif

https://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-gun-is-the-instrument-of-the-cowar...

Poor greggy, no one is required to have a gun. Don't worry, if the hungry horde created by empty stores come to take whatever you have left give it gladly or at least don't snivel too much!

God created men equal. Colonel Colt made them equal.

The only difference between a Communist and a Democrat is the spelling.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #700 - Apr 3rd, 2020 at 8:01am

Panther wrote on Apr 2nd, 2020 at 1:16pm:
And they're
such pussies
<free men>, they can
't
do it with
out
guns.

Pathetic.

Say I lived in the USA.....One night, a Criminal climbs into my daughters bedroom window, I awake, grab my loaded handgun from my side-table.  I find him in her room. I startle him, he rushes towards me, I squeeze off 6 rounds into his sorry, black chest.....he falls dead......I'm safe, & my daughter is safe....so is the rest of my family.....Harrowing experience for us all, but the world is a better place without his sorry black criminal ass in it to terrorize anyone else........And I didn't even consider calling in the police. I took our protection & defense into my own hands. http://www.33sm.ml/smileys/guns4.gif

PS.....he could have been a White, Asian, or Hispanic criminal , but it's my story.....& in this story he was black as the ace of spades.... http://www.33sm.ml/smileys/chuckle002.gif

https://i.imgur.com/ASVKsgo.jpg

The p;icture only works on the assumption that every gun owner is a sane, rational human being not prone to paranoia, fits of rage or drunken violence.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

⮞ Americans Will ALWAYS Oppose Gun Bans ⮜
Reply #701 - Apr 3rd, 2020 at 8:24am

Gun Background Checks Smash Records

Source:      
U.S. NEWS
     Quote:
Background checks required to buy firearms have spiked to record numbers in the past month, fueled by a run on guns from Americans worried about their safety during the coronavirus crisis.

According to figures from the FBI, 3.7 million background checks were done in March — the most for a single month since the system began in 1998. It eclipsed the previous record, set in December 2015, when 3.3 million checks were conducted.

Background checks are the key barometer of gun sales, but the FBI's monthly figures also incorporate checks for firearm permits that are required in some states. Each background check also could be for the sale of more than one gun.

The rush has inflamed tensions between Second Amendment advocates and gun control supporters. Pro-gun groups say the long lines seen at gun stores affirm a widespread belief about the right to bear arms. Opponents contend that adding firearms into stressed-out households filled with people cooped up during lockdown orders will lead to increased levels of domestic violence and suicides.

“This is overwhelming evidence that Americans value their ability to take responsibility for their own safety in times of uncertainty,” said Mark Oliva, spokesman for the National Shooting Sports Foundation, which represents gunmakers. “The figures are simply eye-popping.”

The FBI numbers show that March had five of the top 10 days ever for background checks, including the day with the most, March 20, when more than 210,000 checks were conducted. The day before, California ordered all nonessential businesses to close.

Four of the top 10 weeks ever for checks have occurred since mid-February, including the week with the most, March 16-22, when nearly 1.2 million checks were done.

In comparison, 2.64 million checks were conducted in March 2019, more than a million fewer than last month.

The spikes followed key moments in the U.S. trajectory of the pandemic, starting with the nation's first recorded death on Feb. 29 and ramping up as a flurry of states closed schools and businesses. Then in mid-March, President Donald Trump urged Americans to practice social distancing and warned of a potential recession.

Of the 3.7 million background checks done last month, about 2.5 million represented firearm sales, an increase of about 85 percent over March 2019, according to estimates from Small Arms Analytics and Forecasting, which analyzes data on the firearms industry. Handgun sales increased by about 91 percent, while sales of long guns were up nearly 74 percent, it said in a news release.

Gun retailers reported that the overwhelming majority of buyers over the past month have been first-time gun owners, the National Shooting Sports Foundation said. That worries gun-control advocates, who fear first-time buyers will not be able to get the training to safely handle and store their new weapons.........

PS...... well over 98% of all new firearms bought recently will NEVER be registered in any Federal Firearm Database, or any other database for that matter.  So when the Left comes a lookin' for guns to confiscate, they haven't a clue where ta start!!  Grin Grin Grin

American's not only have the RIGHT to KEEP & BEAR ARMS for Self-Defense, they will buy as many of whatever firearms & ammo they damn well please regardless of whatever any Leftists want to say about them doing so.  ...

It's the American way.........

« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2020 at 8:30am by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #702 - Apr 3rd, 2020 at 8:27am

American's not only have the RIGHT to KEEP & BEAR ARMS for Self-Defense,

They probably also have the right to spelling too.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #703 - Apr 3rd, 2020 at 11:22pm

I've often wondered what difference it makes to non Americans what firearms we have available. We don't care what restrictions your politicians have placed on you. I know it isn't about public safety or deaths so it must be that we require our government recognize our Natural Rights and you do not. Over and over I see others confusing privilege allowed by government with Rights. Government has no ability to grant Rights only to recognize them or deny them! I will keep my guns and probably never need them for defense but if I do they are available! 

The only difference between a Communist and a Democrat is the spelling.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #704 - Apr 4th, 2020 at 12:20am

Yes, Australia has become a very strange nation. Their God is big government - a nation of progs.

The fundamental and most important element in any society is the individual. To the degree that an individuals freedoms are respected is the gauge by which that nation values its own people.

To remove a freedom for the betterment of all - is a lie!

How you treat one - you treat all.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 141
Send Topic Print