Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 141
Send Topic Print
⮞ ⮞ Americans Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜ (Read 126934 times)
0ktema
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: ⮞ ⮞ Americans Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜
Reply #720 - Apr 4th, 2020 at 11:40pm

Richdude wrote on Apr 4th, 2020 at 10:06pm:
0ktema wrote on Apr 4th, 2020 at 8:04pm:
Panther wrote on Apr 2nd, 2020 at 12:15pm:
Americans, unlike Australians, have the Right to defend themselves as they deem fit, with whatever weapon they choose.....it's a matter of that they CAN.........not that they require any government's PERMISSION in their decision making.....before proceeding to defend themselves.

Try that anywhere in Australia mate.....the government will not let you own any weapon specifically to be used for self-defense, for if you do they will lock your sorry ass up in prison if they disagree......you have no Right of choice! The government is your master, & you are their servant......pathetic

The Australian system isn't perfect, but as humans are essentially social creatures some form of social governance is only natural.

The USA has amazing potential, but as a society it has many of the traits of adolescence, rebelliousness, selfishness, recklessness, and a penchant for irrational and irritable behavior.

Hyper individualism is the adolescent stance of a rebellious teen and hopefully America will grow out of it.  Perhaps with the gaining of maturity they'll embrace free health care among other things.

As for gun control - the heavier armed the populace, the greater the counter-force!

Is the USA heading for a RoboCop future? Probably in some form or another.
And I'm sure many a Man-Boy will become irritable when a RoboCop takes his guns away.

https://i.imgur.com/BwNX4v1.jpg

That was the most accurate statement you made.

The Oz gov is considering ankle bracelets!! Not much has changed in 200 years.

Your attitude is one of pleading servility to authority - you are owned by the ones who's charter is to protect those freedoms.

You are tenants in your own country - you own nothing, even your offspring is registered at birth and the parents are delegated as trustees. But thats OK!!! You will hate me for telling the truth.

Democracy? You need some American rebelliousness.

In 2015 in the USA more than 125,000 people were being supervised with Electronic Monitoring devices (ankle bracelets). Not sure what your on about regarding them?

Your dream of some sort of ultimate freedom sounds very grand in principal, but how different is life at an everyday practical level? Do you needfully have to go around reciting the constitution to yourself as a reminder that your free or do you simply enjoy your natural freedom like a regular person does?

Just so, in the end everything has to be surrendered, even your precious sense of superiority and pride-fullness.

"We Are Consciousness Itself"
- Adi Da Samraj

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #721 - Apr 4th, 2020 at 11:42pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 4th, 2020 at 11:32pm:
Jasin wrote on Apr 4th, 2020 at 11:13pm:
Richdude wrote on Apr 4th, 2020 at 11:11pm:
Jasin wrote on Apr 4th, 2020 at 11:07pm:
Australian Egalitarianism succeeds where Communism has failed.

Don't you get it?

No!

If you're in the USA. You will soon. For your 'International' Crimes.

What international crimes? We should enforce our borders again and end almost all foreign aid! Giving money to people who hate you is just foolish.

Your isolation from the World will be your downfall.
Australia serves the World.
That's why we still keep the Holy Grail on our Flag.
That which you threw away in your War of Independence.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #722 - Apr 5th, 2020 at 12:59am

0ktema wrote on Apr 4th, 2020 at 11:40pm:
Americans, unlike Australians, have the Right to defend themselves as they deem fit, with whatever weapon they choose.....it's a matter of that they CAN.........not that they require any government's PERMISSION in their decision making.....before proceeding to defend themselves.

Try that anywhere in Australia mate.....the government will not let you own any weapon specifically to be used for self-defense, for if you do they will lock your sorry ass up in prison if they disagree......you have no Right of choice! The government is your master, & you are their servant......pathetic

The Australian system isn't perfect, but as humans are essentially social creatures some form of social governance is only natural.

The USA has amazing potential, but as a society it has many of the traits of adolescence, rebelliousness, selfishness, recklessness, and a penchant for irrational and irritable behavior.

Hyper individualism is the adolescent stance of a rebellious teen and hopefully America will grow out of it.  Perhaps with the gaining of maturity they'll embrace free health care among other things.

As for gun control - the heavier armed the populace, the greater the counter-force!

And I'm sure many a Man-Boy will become irritable when a RoboCop takes his guns away.

Your attitude is one of pleading servility to authority - you are owned by the ones who's charter is to protect those freedoms.

You are tenants in your own country - you own nothing, even your offspring is registered at birth and the parents are delegated as trustees. But thats OK!!! You will hate me for telling the truth.

In 2015 in the USA more than 125,000 people were being supervised with Electronic Monitoring devices (ankle bracelets). Not sure what your on about regarding them?

Your dream of some sort of ultimate freedom sounds very grand in principal, but how different is life at an everyday practical level? Do you needfully have to go around reciting the constitution to yourself as a reminder that your free or do you simply enjoy your natural freedom like a regular person does?

Just so, in the end everything has to be surrendered, even your precious sense of superiority and pride-fullness.

There's certainly a lot worse countries than Australia but its headed and has been heading the wrong way. Don't kid yourself.

How did America become the most successful country in history? It has a constitution - guranteeing freedoms. Freedom of expression, self defense, natural rights and unwarranted surveillance. All which has been and is being white anted by the religious left.

BTW: My home titles say owner - your home titles say tenant - check it out.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

0ktema
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #723 - Apr 5th, 2020 at 1:29am

Richdude wrote on Apr 5th, 2020 at 12:59am:

There's certainly a lot worse countries than Australia but its headed and has been heading the wrong way. Don't kid yourself.

How did America become the most successful country in history? It has a constitution - guranteeing freedoms. Freedom of expression, self defense, natural rights and unwarranted surveillance. All which has been and is being white anted by the religious left.

Does it really matter what the land title says when your government can forcibly acquire it under the provision of "Eminent Domain" known as "compulsory acquisition" in Australia?

Quote:
What Is Eminent Domain?

Eminent domain is the power of the United States government, states, and municipalities to take private property for public use, following the payment of just compensation.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/eminent-domain.asp

If your property is acquired Australian laws say you are required to get fair market value for your property.

"We Are Consciousness Itself"
- Adi Da Samraj

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #724 - Apr 5th, 2020 at 12:54pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #725 - Apr 5th, 2020 at 1:26pm

Which country says that, Rich?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #726 - Apr 5th, 2020 at 1:28pm

I agree, we're becoming more and more like America every day. It's ridiculous.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #727 - Apr 5th, 2020 at 1:57pm

Ahh Richdude.

Let me point out that you are almost right. Well done.

USA: Owner = Art en mass.
USA: Tenent = Politics en individual

Oz: Tenent = Art en individual
Oz: Owner = Politics en mass.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #728 - Apr 5th, 2020 at 2:19pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 5th, 2020 at 1:28pm:

Poor attempt at humour

When you travel by air, do you fly in a Boeing jet or a DeHavilland Dragonfly?

How portable was your transister radio if you ever owned one?

Do you still make calls on an old bakelite rotary dial phone, or make them on an iPhone?

« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2020 at 2:27pm by Bias_2012 »  

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #729 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 12:43am

Jasin wrote on Apr 4th, 2020 at 11:42pm:

Don't you get it?

No!

What international crimes? We should enforce our borders again and end almost all foreign aid! Giving money to people who hate you is just foolish.

Isolation? We are being overrun from the rest of the world, it seems everyone that wants more opportunity than they can find at home is sneaking into our country in record numbers. In the long run they will kill the goose that laid the golden eggs!

The thing that must be inconceivable is that Right leaning Americans value individuality over cultural identity. The value of the group over the individual may account for other cultures having such a class system. The Mexican people are part of a culture where a strong leader who gives them the rules is what they are happy with. Nineteenth century  farmers are a good example, the Mexicans lived in villages and went to the fields, Americans lived on their farms with their families. When Americans retire many buy property in the country to get away from the cities, many more wish they could. I doubt many of you want that much space or lifestyle.

The Revolutionary War made us the shining example of ingenuity and opportunity that makes us great! Personal freedom should be the life goal of all people. 

The only difference between a Communist and a Democrat is the spelling.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #730 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 6:55am

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 6th, 2020 at 12:43am:

Don't you get it?

No!

Isolation? We are being overrun from the rest of the world, it seems everyone that wants more opportunity than they can find at home is sneaking into our country in record numbers. In the long run they will kill the goose that laid the golden eggs!

The thing that must be inconceivable is that Right leaning Americans value individuality over cultural identity. The value of the group over the individual may account for other cultures having such a class system. The Mexican people are part of a culture where a strong leader who gives them the rules is what they are happy with. Nineteenth century  farmers are a good example, the Mexicans lived in villages and went to the fields, Americans lived on their farms with their families. When Americans retire many buy property in the country to get away from the cities, many more wish they could. I doubt many of you want that much space or lifestyle.

The Revolutionary War made us the shining example of ingenuity and opportunity that makes us great! Personal freedom should be the life goal of all people. 

The only worthwhile concept in psychology IMO is Maslows "hierarchy of needs".

The apex of the pyramid is "self realization". Only a free enterprise capitalist system can allow that.

Socialism/communism is a step backwards..... into oblivion.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #731 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 1:41pm

America LITERALLY has warrant-less surveillance. It has a consitution that Trump and co flaunt. It has a rule of law which is now flagrantly violated by Trump

America is going down the gurgler.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #732 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 1:43pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Apr 5th, 2020 at 2:19pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 5th, 2020 at 1:28pm:

Poor attempt at humour

When you travel by air, do you fly in a Boeing jet or a DeHavilland Dragonfly?

How portable was your transister radio if you ever owned one?

Do you still make calls on an old bakelite rotary dial phone, or make them on an iPhone?

ACtually I fly in a European Airbus, my 'radio' is designed and made in Japan as is my smartphone

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #733 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 1:48pm

even an iPhone isn't American made

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #734 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 2:07pm

Richdude wrote on Apr 6th, 2020 at 6:55am:
Mortdooley wrote on Apr 6th, 2020 at 12:43am:

Don't you get it?

No!

The only worthwhile concept in psychology IMO is Maslows "hierarchy of needs".

The apex of the pyramid is "self realization". Only a free enterprise capitalist system can allow that.

Socialism/communism is a step backwards..... into oblivion.

Yet without your idea of socialism to be the safety net of capitalism, especially now, the system would collapse.

Capitalism is the least objectional option, but how it's implemented in the US and AU is about enriching the politicians, furthering their interests and exploiting the people to those ends.

It's not good enough.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 141
Send Topic Print