Send Topic Print
TV Journos (Read 5152 times)
TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Re: TV Journos
Reply #45 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 2:00pm

(I think it makes absolute sense to wear an uncomplicated standard set of clothing in a fire storm situation, personally!)

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #46 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 2:02pm

((..Yes, with bright colours.... lol: I actually have no problem with that myself  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy ))

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #47 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 5:10pm

Gawd....just look at the TV coverage.  Journos wearing their death defying garb in places where the fire has so self evidently long gone....and even at the airstrip where small water bombing aircraft are getting re-watered.

"Those who are about to die, we salute you."

Indeed.

Heroes, all.

Yay!

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #48 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:02pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 5:10pm:
Gawd....just look at the TV coverage.  Journos wearing their death defying garb in places where the fire has so self evidently long gone....and even at the airstrip where small water bombing aircraft are getting re-watered.

Indeed.

Heroes, all.

Yay!

I would be among the last to support news reporters (not calling them journalists for a second) but it is likely that they would not be allowed into the area in normal clothing. And you would notice the firies in protective gear anywhere in the zone as well. You never know when a place you think is safe suddenly isn't.

You can't tell the fire to stop because you need to change.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #49 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:07pm

Dnarever wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:02pm:
Aussie wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 5:10pm:

Indeed.

Heroes, all.

Yay!

I would be among the last to support news reporters (not calling them journalists for a second) but it is likely that they would not be allowed into the area in normal clothing. And you would notice the firies in protective gear anywhere in the zone as well. You never know when a place you think is safe suddenly isn't.

You can't tell the fire to stop because you need to change.

The CFA even have a web page advising media what clothing and training are required to enter a controlled fire zone.

correct Personal Protective Clothing & Equipment (PPC&E) and have undertaken the appropriate training.

https://news.cfa.vic.gov.au/pages/information-for-journalists

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #50 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:15pm

Come on DNA.....to use exactly that term, sensationalist hyperbole, both visual and oral, is the very DNA of TV Journalism.  Not so much with the ABC...but watch Ch 9....and 7.......everything is always put at an extreme to make the drama.  Watch and hear the text.  Always at the limits of danger or forboding.

Even what is now just mundane...'breaking news' as though there is a (not) recent terrible event.

It is so awfully banal and if you take the time to watch with the glasses I have just prescribed....you will see just how shallow and transparent and truly pathetic it is.

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:39pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:15pm:
Come on DNA.....to use exactly that term, sensationalist hyperbole, both visual and oral, is the very DNA of TV Journalism.  Not so much with the ABC...but watch Ch 9....and 7.......everything is always put at an extreme to make the drama.  Watch and hear the text.  Always at the limits of danger or forboding.

Even what is now just mundane...'breaking news' as though there is a (not) recent terrible event.

It is so awfully banal and if you take the time to watch with the glasses I have just prescribed....you will see just how shallow and transparent and truly pathetic it is.

I.E. DNA unless you agree with me you are as bad a Gordon. You can't let Gordon win! He's a Jew and a bigot! Help me out here! Hell, even Peccary is on my side!

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #52 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:42pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:39pm:

I.E. DNA unless you agree with me you are as bad a Gordon. You can't let Gordon win! He's a Jew and a bigot! Help me out here! Hell, even Peccary is on my side!

Gordon is a Jew???????  How on Earth do you know that?  (We all know he is a racist bigot, that is beyond debate.)

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #53 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:47pm

Now we've clearly established that media are required to wear protective clothing when working in a fire zone, lets turn our attention to safety gear for cabbies.

What should they wear to keep them safe and sound from a missile, aka a half full plastic bottle of creaming soda hurled by a retard?

Here's a photo of what Aussie went and bought.

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 10:08pm

Gordon wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:47pm:
Now we've clearly established that media are required to wear protective clothing when working in a fire zone, lets turn our attention to safety gear for cabbies.

What should they wear to keep them safe and sound from a missile, aka a half full plastic bottle of creaming soda hurled by a retard?

Here's a photo of what Aussie went and bought.

I would think his passengers were the ones who needed protective clothing...amongst other things.... Roll Eyes

there should definitely be a sign on the cab saying

NO CHILDREN ALLOWED.......

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 10:23pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:42pm:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:39pm:

Gordon is a Jew???????  How on Earth do you know that?  (We all know he is a racist bigot, that is beyond debate.)

How do we know you are a lawyer and taxi driver?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #56 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 10:28pm

If the doxxer has not already established that, I have said so.

Has Gordon said he is a Jew?  If so, where?

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 10:34pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 10:28pm:

Many times. That's why K uses it against him. You can be a bit slow sometimes. What do you think all the foreskin quips are about.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #58 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 10:38pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 10:34pm:

Many times. That's why K uses it against him. You can be a bit slow sometimes. What do you think all the foreskin quips are about.

Many times?  Okay....just show me one where he has posted that he is Jewish.  Should be a piece of cake.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #59 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 10:41pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 10:34pm:

At least tell the truth how you know.

While CuChu is off having a cyber romance with his piece of fluff in Perth, Mrs Set and I have been doing a little caming of our own. After one particulary torid session, she forget to clear her cache and Set found a pic of a huge circumcised jewish kosher penis.

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print