Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
"Mein Kampf" accepted as an academic paper (Read 4276 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: "Mein Kampf" accepted as an academic paper
Reply #15 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 8:55pm

We must put an end to academics pushing the boundaries of acceptable thought.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 8:59pm

freediver wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 8:55pm:

All thought is acceptable. Claiming it is correct just because it makes some feel better about their lives is not. Just read Clementine Ford to see mental illness masquerading as sanity.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #17 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:03pm

We must put an end to academics claiming their thoughts are correct. Especially those lesbians.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #18 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:07pm

Quote:
All thought is acceptable.

Yes.

Quote:
Claiming it is correct just because it makes some feel better about their lives is not.

Yes....and you are a classic example of exactly that.  Yet, I agree, we all seek to justify what we do for all sorts of reasons including that we regard ourselves as correct, don't we?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #19 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:08pm

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:14pm

freediver wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:03pm:
We must put an end to academics claiming their thoughts are correct. Especially those lesbians.

It's kinda funny, my youngest son had a hard time at SCU because the view by the upper echelons of the teaching staff, which just happened to be lesbians, was nursing was a woman's job, he went through the wringer, two of his mates dropped out but went back to complete their degree, one a year after being hounded out, the other two years. These same women claim there is a "wage gap" because it's a female profession, yet you would think that having more men in that job would eliminate that, or prove it wrong. There is something wrong with some of these women.

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:17pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:07pm:
Quote:

Yes.

Quote:
Claiming it is correct just because it makes some feel better about their lives is not.

Yes....and you are a classic example of exactly that.  Yet, I agree, we all seek to justify what we do for all sorts of reasons including that we regard ourselves as correct, don't we?

And you bighands are a classic example of what? What are you trying to portray yourself as?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #22 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:23pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:17pm:
Quote:

Yes.

Quote:

And you bighands are a classic example of what? What are you trying to portray yourself as?

You'll never find me trying to justify the stuff you attempt to justify.

I reckon I am a classic example of a person who has been around a tad, done a few miles in all sorts of many different arenas most people never get near, across a very large spectrum, and yet, I am well aware of my limits in knowledge/ability.  Unlike some, I am not a smart arse know all.

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:29pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:23pm:
Quote:

Yes.

Quote:

I reckon I am a classic example of a person who has been around a tad, done a few miles in all sorts of many different arenas most people never get near, across a very large spectrum, and yet, I am well aware of my limits in knowledge/ability.  Unlike some, I am not a smart arse know all.

Has Aussie ever discussed a thread topic?

All I ever see from him is derailing threads to talk about himself and his perceived legion of people out to get him.

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:30pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:23pm:
Quote:

Yes.

Quote:

You rate yourself too highly, I've been told one should not mark their own homework.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #25 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:37pm

Are you alleging I am not a classic example of a person who has been around a tad, done a few miles in all sorts of many different arenas most people never get near, across a very large spectrum, and yet, I am well aware of my limits in knowledge/ability?

If so, let's see your proof.

And how is that 'rating myself highly?'

I confirm that unlike some, I am not a smart arse know all.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #26 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:38pm

And yet again, another thread becomes about Aussie.

YUCK

IBI

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:41pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 8:59pm:

All thought is acceptable. Claiming it is correct just because it makes some feel better about their lives is not. Just read Clementine Ford to see mental illness masquerading as sanity.

No, not all thought is acceptable. Porkies are not acceptable, as Matty and FD know all too well.

If Matty or FD want to feel better, that's their issue. We're discussing truth here.

You?

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:51pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:41pm:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 8:59pm:

No, not all thought is acceptable. Porkies are not acceptable, as Matty and FD know all too well.

If Matty or FD want to feel better, that's their issue. We're discussing truth here.

You?

Porkies need to be told and are not just a "thought" but a deed. All thought is good. Lack of thought is not so good. Belief is one of the more common examples of "lack of thought". Religions are one of the most common forms of belief. Some are worse than others.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #29 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:55pm

So.....if I think (you know, as in thought) you are a childish wanker, that is good?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print