Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
"Mein Kampf" accepted as an academic paper (Read 4304 times)
minarchist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

"Mein Kampf" accepted as an academic paper
Nov 29th, 2018 at 11:15am

The Grievance Studies affair was a hoax that has recently come to light in the media. It was created by three academics who intentionally published bogus papers in leading journals relating to culture, race, gender and sexuality between 2017 and 2018. Out of the 20 papers they attempted to publish, four were accepted and  published, three were accepted and yet to be published and six were under review. A summary of the affair can be found below. They are also trying to release a documentary called "The Grievance Studies affair":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grievance_Studies_affair

People accuse Capitalism of being a "dog eat dog" system, yet it was the Communists who ate each other when they were starving!

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: "Mein Kampf" accepted as an academic paper
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 11:36am

I posted about this not long ago. ‘Mein Kampf’ was rewritten as a feminist manifesto and accepted.

IBI

IP Logged

minarchist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 12:04pm

Sorry Gordon, I couldn't find a thread or post on the Affair so I figured it hadn't been done yet.

People accuse Capitalism of being a "dog eat dog" system, yet it was the Communists who ate each other when they were starving!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 12:46pm

Gordon wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 11:36am:
I posted about this not long ago. ‘Mein Kampf’ was rewritten as a feminist manifesto and accepted.

..by who?

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #4 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 5:39pm

This is stupid.  If it's an academic paper, even the original Mein Kampf should be allowed.

If that's not the place for a free exchange of ideas, where is?

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 5:50pm

It proves the appaliing degradation of intellectual standards in the leftist literature. These parasitic academic  faculties in the humanities should be defunded.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 6:07pm

17 out of 18 professors are Marxists, no?

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #7 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 6:08pm

Term Dog wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 5:50pm:
It proves the appaliing degradation of intellectual standards in the leftist literature. These parasitic academic  faculties in the humanities should be defunded.

The problem is these days, it's not limited to the left, it's just that those on the right tend not to venture too far into academia so they use Facebook or online forums to censor the views they don't like.

Or, they simply want to destroy these institutions rather than fix the problem, like yourself.

You're not as bad as these little shitstains who protest speakers they don't like, but there are vast similarities.  I can't say with any certainty, but if I were a betting man, given how you post and how you dismiss so many views that differ from yours, like these protesters, I doubt you would spend the time to understand the opposing views, you just want them destroyed or silenced.

But it truly is unforgivable that this happens within the walls of universities, no matter who is to blame.

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 6:45pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 6:08pm:

The problem is these days, it's not limited to the left, it's just that those on the right tend not to venture too far into academia so they use Facebook or online forums to censor the views they don't like.

Or, they simply want to destroy these institutions rather than fix the problem, like yourself.

You're not as bad as these little shitstains who protest speakers they don't like, but there are vast similarities.  I can't say with any certainty, but if I were a betting man, given how you post and how you dismiss so many views that differ from yours, like these protesters, I doubt you would spend the time to understand the opposing views, you just want them destroyed or silenced.

But it truly is unforgivable that this happens within the walls of universities, no matter who is to blame.

Your factually wrong on several accounts.

Firstly comparing academic literature to forums and Facebook is beyond stupid.

Secondly Google, Facebook, Twitter etc etc deplatform all significant channels of right wing though. This can be backed up.

Also you may have missed but most of my life I have been a leftist, I could no longer be a part of it for many reasons you would be interested in but the main reason is the violent reaction the left have to shut down all opposing views with mob violence, assualt, property destruction, arson etc just because a right leaning speaker appears on a campus or private venue.

The left are the true fascists by deed consistently.  The left is too extreme for average decent people. We former leftists have not changed, the left have become violent facists that we morally can't be a part of.

You won't listen or learn tho.

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 7:47pm

Term Dog wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 6:45pm:

Secondly Google, Facebook, Twitter etc etc deplatform all significant channels of right wing though. This can be backed up.

Also you may have missed but most of my life I have been a leftist, I could no longer be a part of it for many reasons you would be interested in but the main reason is the violent reaction the left have to shut down all opposing views with mob violence, assualt, property destruction, arson etc just because a right leaning speaker appears on a campus or private venue.

The left are the true fascists by deed consistently.  The left is too extreme for average decent people. We former leftists have not changed, the left have become violent facists that we morally can't be a part of.

I still consider myself a leftie but what you say above is what I despise about the modern left. I just can't stand PC. Leftie crowds like Antifa make me want to puke, seeing the sore losers crying in the streets and vowing revenge after Hillary lost the US election. People being driven off Uni campuses for expressing their view on gay marriage. Lefties protesting speakers they do not agree with to the point of needing police to keep them at bay.

I did not vote on gay marriage, I have no problem with it but watching the proponents of it behave like tyrants I just couldn't as it felt like I would be agreeing with their behaviour and I did not.

It's been suggested I should now call myself a centrist but my beliefs are in the left of the past, much of the modern left are just way out on the fringe crazy.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #10 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 8:01pm

This is a great listen, a nice long form convo with two of the guys who submitted the papers.
http://podcasts.joerogan.net/podcasts/peter-boghossian-james-lindsay

IBI

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 8:15pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 7:47pm:

I still consider myself a leftie but what you say above is what I despise about the modern left. I just can't stand PC. Leftie crowds like Antifa make me want to puke, seeing the sore losers crying in the streets and vowing revenge after Hillary lost the US election. People being driven off Uni campuses for expressing their view on gay marriage. Lefties protesting speakers they do not agree with to the point of needing police to keep them at bay.

I did not vote on gay marriage, I have no problem with it but watching the proponents of it behave like tyrants I just couldn't as it felt like I would be agreeing with their behaviour and I did not.

It's been suggested I should now call myself a centrist but my beliefs are in the left of the past, much of the modern left are just way out on the fringe crazy.

If this is a phenomenon of "the left", then why are "leftists" exposing it?

The project's authors see it as a phenomenon of gender studies. They tried a few journals and found that the pay-to-publish gender studies ones, for whatever social or economic reason, have swallowed the most kool-aid.

Describing this as "the left" misses the point entirely.

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 8:18pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 8:15pm:

The project's authors see it as a phenomenon of gender studies. They tried a few journals and found that the pay-to-publish gender studies ones, for whatever social or economic reason, have swallowed the most kool-aid.

Gender studies is quintessentially a right wing phenomena, you are such an idiot.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 8:23pm

Term Dog wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 8:18pm:

Gender studies is quintessentially a right wing phenomena, you are such an idiot.

Who's Matty?

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 8:53pm

Because perhaps the not crazy left are as sick of bearing the insanity of the crazy left as I am. This PC side of the left with it crazy feminists, 72 genders, that want to look into the rape culture of dogs in a park to crucify the patriarchy etc needs culling.
Gender studies are not a rightwing phenomenon.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print