Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
"Mein Kampf" accepted as an academic paper (Read 4271 times)
Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: "Mein Kampf" accepted as an academic paper
Reply #45 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 11:01pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 10:42pm:
So....her thought that she will kill Grandma is good, so long as she never says it out loud?

She can even say it as long as she does not "do" it. Thoughts are not bad, they do nothing unless made into deeds, are you still pretending to be a lawyer?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #46 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 11:09pm

Quote:
What? Now who is a child? Speaking is a deed, not a thought.

Good, we have moved on.

So Grand-Daughter has a thought she ought to kill Grandma. That is good, you say.

And now, contrary to your earlier point, you agree it is okay that, by deed, she may say it out loud to you, cause that is also good.

So, at this point, what do you tell her? Do you say, "Gee, Grand-daugther, that's a great idea," and if not, why not?

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 11:16pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 11:09pm:
Quote:

Good, we have moved on.

So Grand-Daughter has a thought she ought to kill Grandma. That is good, you say.

And now, contrary to your earlier point, you agree it is okay that, by deed, she may say it out loud to you, cause that is also good.

So, at this point, what do you tell her? Do you say, "Gee, Grand-daugther, that's a great idea," and if not, why not?

Who knows Grand-Daughter's situation is? Grandma is allowing her to be abused by grandpa and she is holding her down? Is that not a valid thought for GD?

How long and how deep do you want to play this game?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #48 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 11:26pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 11:16pm:
Quote:

Good, we have moved on.

Who knows Grand-Daughter's situation is? Grandma is allowing her to be abused by grandpa and she is holding her down? Is that not a valid thought for GD?

You know....because she is .... remember....YOUR pretend Grandchild.  She comes to you and says she is thinking of killing 'your Wife'  Are you going to pat her on the head and tell her that her idea (a thought) is a good one? 

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 11:31pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 11:26pm:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 11:16pm:
Quote:

Good, we have moved on.

You know....because she is .... remember....YOUR pretend Grandchild.  She comes to you and says she is thinking of killing 'your Wife'  Are you going to pat her on the head and tell her that her idea (a thought) is a good one? 

So your "picture' is she just decides she want's to kill granny for no reason? Why not go with my scenario?

Some lawyer you are.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #50 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 5:55am

freediver wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:03pm:
We must put an end to academics claiming their thoughts are correct. Especially those lesbians.

Man this thread is confusing.  At one point we're talking about the idea of thought control being unacceptable, the left are to blame and that nothing should be off-limits for academia, but then you want to tell Lesbians how to think?

Clearly I must have read that wrong?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 6:11am

imagine a world without "thought"

we would still be living in caves...

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 6:49am

cods wrote on Nov 30th, 2018 at 6:11am:

we would still be living in caves...

Imagining a world without thought we require constant  thinking about not thinking.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #53 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 1:21pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 10:18pm:
Quote:
Is this true Aussie? Would it be the Jews' fault if you managed to slaughter 10 million of them?

Why on Earth would anyone, including me and excluding Hitler want to do that, freediver?

It was your plan to bring peace to the middle east, remember?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #54 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 2:03pm

freediver wrote on Nov 30th, 2018 at 1:21pm:
Quote:
Is this true Aussie? Would it be the Jews' fault if you managed to slaughter 10 million of them?

Why on Earth would anyone, including me and excluding Hitler want to do that, freediver?

Its impossible anyway since israels population is well under 10 million

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 5:47pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Nov 30th, 2018 at 2:03pm:
Quote:

Spot

That rolling footnote to your posts is most apt.There aren't 10 Million israelis so the point about killing 10 million Israelis to bring peace to the ME is all wrong and there's nothing to see her.

Muslims will not rest and agree to peace as long as there is Israel. The existence of a Jewish state in the middle of that sea of Islam is simply unacceptable to Islam.

That they would not be peaceful even if there was NO Israel is also true - they were never peaceful for 1300 years before the creation of Israel. They must go under the iron heel of a caliph, anything else will simply keep jihad alive and flourishing. And then there is always the Sunni-Shia bloodletting when there are no other infidels around.

There can be no negotiations without a clear Israeli commitment to fully withdraw from the Palestinian territory it occupied in 1967, including East Jerusalem; a complete end to all colonial policies; a recognition of the inalienable rights of the Palestinian people including their right to self-determination and return; and the release of all Palestinian prisoners. We cannot coexist with the occupation, and we will not surrender to it.

It was not Palestinian territory.
Right of return is unacceptable to the Jews as it would be instant swamping. There is no offer of a similar right of return for all Jews expelled by Muslims across the ME.

So the Muslim demands are framed in a way that they can never be met and so the jihad can roll on.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #56 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 6:11pm

There is and will obviously be only one solution to the problems of the Middle East.  Get rid of everybody who lives in Palestine.  Jews, Palestinian, Muslim, Christian, everybody.  Make it an uninhabited desert again.  Return it to how it was, before humans moved in.   That'd solve everybody's problem.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #57 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 7:35pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Nov 30th, 2018 at 2:03pm:
Quote:

Spot

I'm sure Aussie could round up a few million extra Jews for the slaughter. It's a small price to pay for peace in the middle east, apparently.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 8:23pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 30th, 2018 at 6:11pm:
There is and will obviously be only one solution to the problems of the Middle East.  Get rid of everybody who lives in Palestine.  Jews, Palestinian, Muslim, Christian, everybody.  Make it an uninhabited desert again.  Return it to how it was, before humans moved in.   That'd solve everybody's problem.    Roll Eyes

Oh, the cedars of Lebanon,
that we chopped down,
Oh how we wept,
when they were all gone.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 9:03pm

cods wrote on Nov 30th, 2018 at 6:11am: