Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
Australia versus India? (Read 14170 times)
Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Australia versus India?
Reply #105 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 2:43pm

Jasin wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 2:14pm:
Yes - this team is dismal, but they still have a way to go before being as bad as the Kim Hughes to Border era.

The Captain (Payne) Conference showed a Captain who couldn't talk properly. With "Um" being his every 4th word.
He showed a face that was like a grimace like he hated Cricket, but loved the money.

I think its time we have a complete and utter SELECTOR OVERHAUL! It's been them - since they chose Clarke over Katich (the more traditional 'follower' of Waugh/Taylor) and the rot began to set in.

We need to turf the Selectors out.

I appoint JaSin as the new selector.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #106 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:00pm

Perhaps the Australian women's cricket team could issue a challenge for the right to represent Australia at international level against other nation's men's teams.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #107 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 4:07pm

The Australian Bureau of Meteorology has been called in to defend Australia against a loss.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #108 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 4:10pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 4:07pm:
The Australian Bureau of Meteorology has been called in to defend Australia against a loss.

Thank fuq someone is competent.......oh hang on.........

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #109 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 9:46pm

I wouldnt' be too bad a Selector.

I wouldn't choose (attacking) Batsmen who excel at 20/20
to play at the Test arena where the Batsmen have to dig in for the long haul, protect their wicket over hitting 6's and defensively make runs along the grass, not over the fence.

I also wouldn't choose 20/20 'defensive' Bowlers to play the longer Test arena where Bowlers have to 'attack' for a wicket, rather than curb the run-scoring.

These Selectors are incompetent and a 'who you know' method of choice. It showed with Clarke.
Their lack of 'what you know' - showed with their choice of Smith as Captain too. Just because a Player is 'good' at what they do - it doesn't mean they make a great Captain (Leader), etc. They chose him because of his batting scores.
Talk about a 'simple-minded' process  Roll Eyes

Once again Payne is not Captain material - but the Selectors have got desperate this time, after Warner scuttled the team. They have just thrown caution to the wind with Payne.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 11:35pm

Laugh till you cry wrote Today at 1:42pm:
Bobby wrote Today at 1:41pm:
India has a population of 1.4 billion people.
Cricket is their most popular game.
No wonder they can come up with a better cricket team than ours.
I don't think any team in the world can beat them.

The poms thrashed them recently.

Not anymore - they are unbeatable.

The Poms are hard to beat at home, using that Jute ball, they play well in their conditions,,,,, if not they cheat.
Either way hard to beat.

The point that they have a huge population of cricket mad fans is so much more relevant now as 1) they are becoming more wealthy and 2) Selection is more based on merit now that it once was.

Remember Greg Chappell had a spell as coach there and he got very unpopular because he started more merit based selection.
Gangoolie the born to rule rooster sucker had to go because there were so many more better players (who weren't princes).

Dennis Lillie also did bowler coaching there and said there were hundreds of Tendulkar's coming through the ranks.

So we may well see India being unbeatable for a while,,,, or at least until we docto,,,,, improve our pitches.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #111 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 6:53am

Grin Grin
every night I have been praying for rain in Sydney   what else is there to do.. Cry

we could of course bring back the sandpaper trio.

well its just a thought... Sad

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #112 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 7:55am

cods wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 6:53am:

Grin Grin
every night I have been praying for rain in Sydney   what else is there to do.. Cry

we could of course bring back the sandpaper trio.

well its just a thought... Sad

Well, it just goes to show that if the Australia Cricket Team don't cheat, they don't win........bullying, sledging etc.....is the way to go Australia........lets get more embarrassed....if that's at all possible?

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #113 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 12:51pm

Miketrees: Interesting post. Good to see that the 'world' of Cricket has some good competition up ahead. India and as you say, England - putting on some good years ahead for the Cricketing world at large.

I prefer to dark horse to the fact that the All Blacks of New Zealand - wallop us in Rugby Union by a vast majority of something like 79%.
Which leaves it open to the Proteas of South Africa doing similar to us in the Cricket.

So I see South Africa as a superior side to Australia for starters, but with the All Blacks being the premier International Rugby Nation in winning. Then I will automatically consider South Africa as the premier Cricketing #1 than India or England.

Either way - a Series between SA & India would be a real entertaining spectacle of Cricket and its 'statistics'.

Alas, Australia really is in a doldrum. When our Selectors throw caution to the wind, its as if the wind has gone out of the Selectors themselves. They themselves, have 'given up'.
Maybe fed up, maybe resigned already??

But a lot has to change if the wallabies beat New Zealand respectably, as to the Cricketers (what f(ar)king animal is the nickname of the Cricketers?  Huh Angry if none, why the FRRK not?) to beat South Africa.

South Africa #1 Cricket
New Zealand #1 Rugby Union

Globally, Africa is to Sport - what Politics is to North America and Military is to Middle-East and Economics is to Asia and Music is to Europe... being #1

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #114 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 12:59pm

One day internationals against India are next. India will thrash Australia in that game.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #115 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 1:14pm

Yes - well all the players that are exceptional at 20/20 might offer a lot better performance than what they did in the Test format.

Remember, Test Cricket is primarily the 'Bowlers Game'
20/20 is the 'Batsmans Game'.

and One-Dayers are the 'Crowds Game'  Wink

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #116 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 7:17pm

They called the game off, what a way to finish a test series.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #117 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 9:44am

Jasin wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 1:14pm:
Yes - well all the players that are exceptional at 20/20 might offer a lot better performance than what they did in the Test format.

Remember, Test Cricket is primarily the 'Bowlers Game'

Really, tell that to the Australian bowlers who were whacked by Indian batsman.

Quote:
20/20 is the 'Batsmans Game'.

No....pretty even but yes, the bat is supposed to take the initiative.

Quote:
and One-Dayers are the 'Crowds Game'  Wink

You are so full of schit.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #118 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 1:11pm

In the fullness of time and in hindsight when we assess the careers of this Indian team we may see that there was no shame in losing to them.

They may prove to be an awesome team.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #119 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 4:38pm

Well THANKYOU
MR MARK TAYLOR

For saying on TV that
"...the Australian Selectors need to make a better assessment of the different 'Formats' of Cricket."
this evening.

As for Aussie  Wink Well Members, he's as about as 'right' as the saying "Yeah Right"  Roll Eyes is, which leaves him with nothing 'left' to offer.  Grin

Dadadedadadumb  Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print