Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gray hairs (Read 1216 times)
Spatchcock

Australian Politics

Gray hairs
Mar 1st, 2019 at 12:53pm

I had a gray hair a few years ago. I plucked it. It grew back. I plucked it again. It changed back to its natural color for three months and then started being gray again. So I plucked it again.

It has not been gray now for at least three years.

Go figure.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Gray hairs
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2019 at 1:24pm

Life would be so much simpler if we were graced with a single giant hair follicle which could be sculpted.  Cool

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2019 at 7:33pm

Rainwater has been kind to my hair. It still has a lot of colour despite my age. A few 'greys' but not many. Middle-Aged women still think I'm 'toy boy' material  Roll Eyes

Well to be exact, my hair has salt water a lot and when ever I get buckets of Rain water, especially 'nutrient rich' rainwater (like Outback Rain) I soak my long 'Fabio' hair in it.

You could water your grass every day with Tap water and it grows a few inches. But one spell of nutrient rich rain water and it grows knee high in a day!

Rain from Grey skies, keeps the Grey hair away
  Wink
- JaSin (1998)

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Reply #3 - Mar 2nd, 2019 at 8:59pm

I am normally cleanly shaven. But, last year, I let my beard grow for a month. I noticed that the front section on the chin was darker than the remainder of my beard. People say that it is because of a lack of sunlight exposure. But, I think I could have a beard for a long time without the hair going blond/grey.

At this stage...
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #4 - Apr 30th, 2024 at 6:35pm

I bought a bottle of that "Just for men" shampoo that supposedly washes out grey hair. I thought that perhaps I wasted $20 on overpriced shampoo. But, I am going to give it a go for the next month.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Apr 30th, 2024 at 6:41pm

Keep us posted.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #6 - Apr 30th, 2024 at 6:53pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 30th, 2024 at 6:41pm:
Keep us posted.

I remember the shampoo commercial for women who "wash the grey right outta my hair", with even my youthful self wondering how such a product would be available with all the grey hair people around. Still, I turned to Mum and said "Hey Mum... you should get that stuff". I think I recall waking up the next morning, having been asleep for 14 hours, and my left side of my face feeling bruised. j.k.

The bottle is enough shampoo to last about 4 weeks of usage every day, if I use the shampoo every day. Given that I am going to be physically more active, I should just try to see if I can be less grey by late May/early June.

So, let's see. Dental appointment; Resistance training; weightloss; sobriety; and seeing if some shampoo actually reduces greying. Will be quite a change in my life.

At this stage...
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #7 - Jun 23rd, 2024 at 8:30pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 30th, 2024 at 6:41pm:
Keep us posted.

If you are still around, the shampoo that I have been using to fade out the grey hairs is seemingly working. I still have half a bottle to use up. So, I will make my conclusions next week.

At this stage...
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #8 - Jun 27th, 2024 at 1:34pm

I might have spoken too soon. Gray hair still apparent.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print