Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
No Wage Growth Slows Spending, GDP Growth (Read 1004 times)
whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
No Wage Growth Slows Spending, GDP Growth
Mar 7th, 2019 at 5:28am

No wage growth slows spending, GDP growth   Sad
6 March 2019
ACTU

The wage growth crisis has become deep enough that the lack of income people have to spend is slowing GDP growth, according to National Accounts data released this morning by the ABS.

Household final consumption expenditure increased just 0.4% in the December quarter 2018, with through the year growth moderating to 2.0%.

Spending by working people is the engine of the domestic economy, but with wage growth at or near record lows for the last 6 years, they have nothing left. The Morrison Government has offered nothing but the empty promise of trickle-down economics and now the entire economy is suffering.

Quotes attributable to ACTU Secretary Sally McManus:

“Working people need higher wages. Spending is slowing because people don’t have anything to spend.

“This is a product of the policies of this Government. It has slashed penalty rates, opposed increases to the minimum wage and ignored the insecure work crisis.

“Wage increases don’t fall from the sky, they happen when the minimum wage goes up or when working people have the negotiating power to win them. We need to fix out industrial relations system which is badly out of balance, so that working people have the power to win pay rises.

“The Morrison Government has no plan to end this crisis, only more of the same failed policies which have led us to this point. More money for the big end of town while working people struggle to pay their bills.”   Sad

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: No Wage Growth Slows Spending, GDP Growth
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 6:53am

Declining productivity is a real bitch isn't it.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 7:16am

crocodile wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 6:53am:

You have no idea what you are talking about....Provide some independent analysis to support your argument as your opinion is worthless....Productivity has very little too do with low wage growth!!!

Quote:
PRODUCTIVITY
An important piece of the wages puzzle is productivity. Is it possible that workers are not getting a pay rise because they've failed to become more productive?

In a word, no. According to figures compiled by economist Saul Eslake, labour productivity has been rising above wages for some time now.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/seven-charts-revealing-the-truth-about-w...

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 7:22am

philperth2010 wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 7:16am:

You have no idea what you are talking about....Provide some independent analysis to support your argument as your opinion is worthless....Productivity has very little too do with low wage growth!!!

Quote:
PRODUCTIVITY
An important piece of the wages puzzle is productivity. Is it possible that workers are not getting a pay rise because they've failed to become more productive?

In a word, no. According to figures compiled by economist Saul Eslake, labour productivity has been rising above wages for some time now.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/seven-charts-revealing-the-truth-about-w...

You're making the classic mistake of considering only labour productivity. Wages in fact align to total factor productivity. You are an ignorant fukkwit.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #4 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 7:31am

crocodile wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 7:22am:

Quote:
PRODUCTIVITY

You're making the classic mistake of considering only labour productivity. Wages in fact align to total factor productivity. You are an ignorant fukkwit.

Post independent analysis you dickhead....Nobody is interested in your worthless opinion you flake....Just because you make a claim does not make it a fact....Put up of shut up dickhead???

Smiley Smiley Smiley

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 7:46am

philperth2010 wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 7:31am:

Quote:
PRODUCTIVITY

Post independent analysis you dickhead....Nobody is interested in your worthless opinion you flake....Just because you make a claim does not make it a fact....Put up of shut up dickhead???

Smiley Smiley Smiley

You do not appear to understand productivity, its components, the correlation with wages nor their reasons. It's no my job to educate you. You can buy a text book. On top of that, all of the information you requested is provided on the previous thread that you were too lazy to read. I'm past dealing with lazy, ignorant fools.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 9:26am

crocodile wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 7:46am:

Quote:
PRODUCTIVITY

Smiley Smiley Smiley

You do not appear to understand productivity, its components, the correlation with wages nor their reasons. It's no my job to educate you. You can buy a text book. On top of that, all of the information you requested is provided on the previous thread that you were too lazy to read. I'm past dealing with lazy, ignorant fools.

What about CEO productivity ? What does your book say about that ? Cheesy LOL
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2019 at 10:43am by Sir lastnail »  

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 11:12am

Sir lastnail wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 9:26am:

Quote:
PRODUCTIVITY

Smiley Smiley Smiley

What about CEO productivity ? What does your book say about that ? Cheesy LOL

What about it.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #8 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 5:44pm

Quote:
PRODUCTIVITY

Smiley Smiley Smiley

I looked through the other thread and the only independent analysis you posted was about productivity in the USA (completely irrelevant) everything else you posted was either your pathetic opinion or abuse....Saul Eslake a renowned economist stated "labour productivity has been rising above wages for some time now"....So who are we to believe....Saul Eslake or a complete dickhead like you....You do not post a rebuttal because you can't you lying turd....Labour productivity has gone up and has nothing to do with stagnant wages according to Saul Eslake....I'm past dealing with lazy, stupid, lying ignorant fools???

IP Logged

stunspore
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 5:55pm

I would find professional economists - like Saul - to be more credible than Croc.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #10 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 5:58pm

stunspore wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 5:55pm:
I would find professional economists - like Saul - to be more credible than Croc.

A turd has more credibility than the reptile???

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 11:13pm

philperth2010 wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 5:44pm:

Quote:
PRODUCTIVITY

Smiley Smiley Smiley

I looked through the other thread and the only independent analysis you posted was about productivity in the USA (completely irrelevant) everything else you posted was either your pathetic opinion or abuse....

Showing your ignorance again. Productivity is universal and not confined to Australia. It was entirely relevant. The OP showed US labour productivity v compensation. It is reasonable to respond with US data. The chart shows a definite correlation when measured in the correct way.

Saul Eslake a renowned economist stated "labour productivity has been rising above wages for some time now"....So who are we to believe....Saul Eslake or a complete dickhead like you....You do not post a rebuttal because you can't you lying turd....Labour productivity has gone up and has nothing to do with stagnant wages according to Saul Eslake....I'm past dealing with lazy, stupid, lying ignorant fools???

This is hilarious but expected from a dimwit. Saul made the observation that "labour productivity has been rising above wages for some time now". Guess what. He's correct. It has. Have I stated something different. Unlike the authors, Irvine and Gartrell, I've offered a reason.

Nowhere in the article does Eslake go further you lying prick. According to you "Labour productivity has gone up and has nothing to do with stagnant wages according to Saul Eslake...." Well guess what. That's correct. Did I state something different. It depends more on total factor productivity, not labour productivity.

It is plainly obvious that you don't have the slightest idea about any of this. Buy a textbook you lazy shithead.

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 11:14pm

Except that he hasn't said much contrary to what I've written.

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 11:21pm

philperth2010 wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 5:58pm:

A turd has more credibility than the reptile???

Grin Grin Grin

A bit of light reading for a fukkwit that doesn't understand what he babbles on about. It's only 64 pages. Have fun. It might pay you to read a textbook first so that you actually understand what productivity, labour, capital multi and total factor are and the reasons why they impact wages. It's probably beyond your infantesimal brain.

IP Logged

stunspore
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 6:26am

crocodile wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 11:14pm:

Except that he hasn't said much contrary to what I've written.

Possibly true - but i find he tends to favour ALP polices suggest as restraining/removing negative gearing on housing.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print