Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Stating the Obvious
Reply #120 - Mar 9th, 2022 at 8:13pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Mar 9th, 2022 at 8:07pm:
Scott Morrison

(Prime Minister)

"It's a major catastrophe"

(Re: Describing the floods at a news conference)

Well, he's got eyes at least

why did he wait almost two weeks after qld's floods and 1 week after NSW floods, to declare a national emergency?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #121 - Mar 9th, 2022 at 10:06pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 9th, 2022 at 8:13pm:
Scott Morrison

(Prime Minister)

why did he wait almost two weeks after qld's floods and 1 week after NSW floods, to declare a national emergency?

Because he's a gutless wonder

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #122 - Mar 10th, 2022 at 5:21am

ScoMo does no wrong.
He is a follower of God and in Gods eyes, he does no wrong.
It's all you 'un-believers' who are in the wrong so "...just stop it! Stop it!"

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #123 - Mar 10th, 2022 at 5:56pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Mar 9th, 2022 at 10:06pm:
John Smith wrote on Mar 9th, 2022 at 8:13pm:
Scott Morrison

(Prime Minister)

Because he's a gutless wonder

Absolutely

And once there, he wouldn't allow media cameras apart from his official photographer (can't miss a publicity shot). Nor would he face the victims of the floods, preferring to slither away and hide at the earliest convenience.

And it turns out he's offered extra emergency payments to victims in the nationals held seat that includes lismore, but nothing for victims who have lost everything in the neighboring seat that includes Tweed, which is seat held by labor.

Absolutely disgusting behavior from the PM towards his constituents.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #124 - Mar 10th, 2022 at 8:52pm

And yet they still do it and get away with it.
Why?
Because Australians let them. It's what the people want no?

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #125 - Mar 10th, 2022 at 9:10pm

Keep in mind that I'm not partial who I post about, I have no favorites. Whoever states the obvious, I will post their name and their ridiculous statement that we already know, and needn't have been said at all

This is not a political thread, it's about exposing immaturity and deceptiveness in the thought processes of public officials, politicians, police, and anyone else who may be naive or trying to be dishonest in their dialogue

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #126 - Mar 11th, 2022 at 8:11pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Mar 10th, 2022 at 9:10pm:
This is not a political thread, it's about exposing immaturity and deceptiveness in the thought processes of public officials, politicians, police, and anyone else who may be naive or trying to be dishonest in their dialogue

It may well be but it has little, if anything, to do with philosophy,

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #127 - Mar 11th, 2022 at 10:00pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Mar 10th, 2022 at 9:10pm:
Keep in mind that I'm not partial who I post about, I have no favorites. Whoever states the obvious, I will post their name and their ridiculous statement that we already know, and needn't have been said at all

Scorpions and Frogs.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #128 - Mar 16th, 2022 at 1:52am

Keeping to my policy of being unbiased and reporting straight down the middle

Anthony Albanese

(Leader of the Labor opposition)

"It's disastrous"

(Re: In interview the other day about damage done by floods)

What are politicians trying to prove when they state the obvious? Is it a syndrome that makes them feel they are connected to the people, that if they say what the people are already thinking, they can then feel they are one of us? Maybe they are trying to get us on their side, and they feel that they can do that by agreeing with us, hence stating the obvious

Just recently, two political leaders stated the obvious ... one said "It's a major catastrophe" ... the other said "It's disastrous" ... both referring to the flooding in Qld and NSW

Given that mutual agreement, one would expect a bipartisan policy between the two to reduce the "famine" from natural disasters before they occur, arrange capital works programs to divert or stop those disasters

I'm reminded of the saying "All talk and no action" ... and stating the obvious may be a way of making us think they'll take action, but at the same time, not guaranteeing they will take action ... just a simple nod of agreement but without commitment

What do you think, why do public officials and politicians state the obvious?

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #129 - Mar 16th, 2022 at 7:48am

Isn’t it amazing how many topics can now be included within philosophy. What’s next, sponge cake recipes?

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #130 - Mar 16th, 2022 at 1:30pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Mar 16th, 2022 at 7:48am:
Isn’t it amazing how many topics can now be included within philosophy. What’s next, sponge cake recipes?

You're not trying, you have a chip on your shoulder about something, I don't know what

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #131 - Mar 16th, 2022 at 2:21pm

What’s next, sponge cake recipes?

Many years had elapsed during which nothing of Combray, save what was comprised in the theatre and the drama of my going to bed there, had any existence for me, when one day in winter, as I came home, my mother, seeing that I was cold, offered me some tea, a thing I did not ordinarily take. I declined at first, and then, for no particular reason, changed my mind. She sent out for one of those short, plump little cakes called 'petites madeleines,' which look as though they had been moulded in the fluted scallop of a pilgrim's shell. And soon, mechanically, weary after a dull day with the prospect of a depressing morrow, I raised to my lips a spoonful of the tea in which I had soaked a morsel of the cake. No sooner had the warm liquid, and the crumbs with it, touched my palate than a shudder ran through my whole body, and I stopped, intent upon the extraordinary changes that were taking place. An exquisite pleasure had invaded my senses, but individual, detached, with no suggestion of its origin. And at once the vicissitudes of life had become indifferent to me, its disasters innocuous, its brevity illusory--this new sensation having had on me the effect which love has of filling me with a precious essence; or rather this essence was not in me, it was myself.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #132 - Mar 20th, 2022 at 4:29pm

Frank wrote on Mar 16th, 2022 at 2:21pm:

Many years had elapsed during which nothing of Combray, save what was comprised in the theatre and the drama of my going to bed there, had any existence for me, when one day in winter, as I came home, my mother, seeing that I was cold, offered me some tea, a thing I did not ordinarily take. I declined at first, and then, for no particular reason, changed my mind. She sent out for one of those short, plump little cakes called 'petites madeleines,' which look as though they had been moulded in the fluted scallop of a pilgrim's shell. And soon, mechanically, weary after a dull day with the prospect of a depressing morrow, I raised to my lips a spoonful of the tea in which I had soaked a morsel of the cake. No sooner had the warm liquid, and the crumbs with it, touched my palate than a shudder ran through my whole body, and I stopped, intent upon the extraordinary changes that were taking place. An exquisite pleasure had invaded my senses, but individual, detached, with no suggestion of its origin. And at once the vicissitudes of life had become indifferent to me, its disasters innocuous, its brevity illusory--this new sensation having had on me the effect which love has of filling me with a precious essence; or rather this essence was not in me, it was myself.

Is there a cure for that?

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #133 - Mar 21st, 2022 at 7:57am

LpAyn Marx wrote on Mar 20th, 2022 at 4:29pm:
Frank wrote on Mar 16th, 2022 at 2:21pm:

Is there a cure for that?

Cure for involuntary memory?

It's not an ailment - to state the obvious....

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #134 - Mar 26th, 2022 at 12:15pm

Peter Dutton

(Minister for Defence)

"very concerning"

(Re: Potential military pact between China and the Solomon Islands)

I'm sure we all know it's concerning, so why did he say it?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print