Send Topic Print
Julian Assange (Read 1809 times)
Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Julian Assange
Apr 14th, 2019 at 11:32pm

Excellent interview with Oze legendary journalist John Pilger.

Assange is a hero - he presented the truths to all for which he will most likely be tortured in a US supermax prison and possibly die in jail.

Whats wrong with Australians? You should be demanding his release!

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Re: Julian Assange
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 12:24am

I agree Assange is a hero.

In recent times nobody other than Julian Assange and Edward Snowden has been promoting the exposure of unlawful government actions at great personal risk.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 12:48am

Laugh till you cry wrote on Apr 15th, 2019 at 12:24am:

In recent times nobody other than Julian Assange and Edward Snowden has been promoting the exposure of unlawful government actions at great personal risk.

Yes, however there have been others, just not as high profile who just disappear - quietly.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 1:42am

He is a hero!

The info that the US public cannot hear because of censorship and what they need to hear.

« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2019 at 5:31am by Richdude »  

IP Logged

SerialBrain9
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 7:34am

Snowden is a Traitor - do your homework.

He was/is a CIA asset trying to take down the NSA.

Beware the Fury of a Patient Man.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #5 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 7:45am

Assange and Wikileaks lost a lot of credibilty when they became very political, even partisan and all about the personality of Assange.

The fact that there was a "Kill switch" should he have been arrested was an example of it.

They did great work being a safe place for whistleblowers to share information safely, but once they took up a narrative they lost that impartiality and for Assange, it all became about him, he was the story.

Now they have editors on the information that's posted, like a newspaper, pushing a narrative. 

It's far less "heroic" that it may have been.

They've lost their impartiality, just another cog in the machine, a cog that's being used when it suits and will be destroyed when it no longer helps those in power. 

Anything that happens to Assange from now is on him for the bedfellows he's kept.

Even Trump has turned his back on Wikileaks.

But the QTards see Wikileaks as part of "their arms" and an attack on them, so I don't expect the resident nutters here to employ any sort of critical or independent thought on this issue, they'll just be the rats following the pied piper.
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2019 at 7:55am by SadKangaroo »  

IP Logged

SerialBrain9
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 12:18pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 15th, 2019 at 7:45am:
Assange and Wikileaks lost a lot of credibilty when they became very political, even partisan and all about the personality of Assange.

The fact that there was a "Kill switch" should he have been arrested was an example of it.

They did great work being a safe place for whistleblowers to share information safely, but once they took up a narrative they lost that impartiality and for Assange, it all became about him, he was the story.

Now they have editors on the information that's posted, like a newspaper, pushing a narrative. 

They've lost their impartiality, just another cog in the machine, a cog that's being used when it suits and will be destroyed when it no longer helps those in power. 

Anything that happens to Assange from now is on him for the bedfellows he's kept.

But the QTards see Wikileaks as part of "their arms" and an attack on them, so I don't expect the resident nutters here to employ any sort of critical or independent thought on this issue, they'll just be the rats following the pied piper.

Assange has lost no credibility at all - and just because he exposed the Clinton Corruption that makes him partisan?

What a load of hogwash.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #7 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 12:27pm

SerialBrain9 wrote on Apr 15th, 2019 at 12:18pm:

Assange has lost no credibility at all - and just because he exposed the Clinton Corruption that makes him partisan?

What a load of hogwash.  Roll Eyes

I didnt think he had much credibility to begin with, so you're right.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #8 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 12:33pm

That Sad is idiotic. No, actually its more accurately moronic.

Assange was a publisher for material marked classified for "national security" reasons. What is "national security"? Is censoring video that displays killing innocent people for merely being suspect OK?

The US people have a right to know what is going on and if that conflicts with the official narrative - all the more reason.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #9 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 1:05pm

SerialBrain9 wrote on Apr 15th, 2019 at 7:34am:

You are wrong-headed and fact-intolerant CerealBrain. Edward Snowden exposed the illegal surveillance without a warrant and without cause of the American public and the whole world in general including USA's allies.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 1:22pm

SerialBrain9 wrote on Apr 15th, 2019 at 7:34am:

As you can see, Laugh, CerialBrain has his friends and enemies dished out to him by his celebrity masters.

It's cunning how they now like Assange for publishing the DNC's hacked emails. They were never too fond of Assange back back when he was a mere whistleblower of the military-industrial complex. In fact, back then, they never gave much thought to that at all. Most of them, including the Mechanic, cheered at the footage of innocent Iraqis being shot in the street. They loved the idea of the surveillance state, most of all because it pretended to target Muslims, pedophiles and leftards.

They've changed their tune now, but it took the release of a political party's hacked emails in the middle of a presidential erection to bring them round.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #11 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 1:36pm

Richdude wrote on Apr 15th, 2019 at 12:33pm:

That Sad is idiotic. No, actually its more accurately moronic.

Assange was a publisher for material marked classified for "national security" reasons. What is "national security"? Is censoring video that displays killing innocent people for merely being suspect OK?

The US people have a right to know what is going on and if that conflicts with the official narrative - all the more reason.

I wouldn't expect someone as blind as you to understand, or care about the truth.  But Wikileaks have access to far more information than they release.  They choose what and when to release their content.  Gone are the days of them being a safe haven for whistleblowers.

The picked a side and stuck with it.

I can understand why, Assange's crime caught up with him and the secretary of state at the time didn't want to stand up for him and offer him the protection he felt entitled to and things started to devolve and get very personal from there.

And that's the problem with Wikileaks now, it's become very personal and very political.

It's not a conspiracy that you need to connect or invent dots, you just need to go over the history and stop blindly believing the Q nonsense.

But those oh so threatened by the truth will find any way to run from it and will do, say and attack anyone if they think it helps them as members of the Q army.

There was a splinter of Anonymous before all the various anons started appearing pretending to be from the FBI, CIA or Q.  I worked with them in their work against the Church of Scientology.  I entered the Church at the lower levels and got some basic information back to them that made it to Wikileaks.

That poo started to get scary so I bailed, but I was more reckless in my youth.  I didn't like conspiracies and frauds then and I still don't know.

I'm aware of what Wikileaks used to be, and what they are now.  Same with Anonymous, what that means now and all the various anons in all the chans out there.

Don't pretend Wikileaks is and was something that it's not.  Trump loves WikiLeaks, until Assange got pinched for being a little entitled bitch in the embassy, then he's not a Wikileaks guy.  He had and still doesn't have any idea what it really is.

The WikiLeaks of old would have included a lot of information about the inner workings of the Trump campaign and administration and the full Mueller report would have been released on there back in the day.

But instead, they've taken a stance and they're sticking with it.

And then along comes Q.  Part of the Q larp is that the Q followers are important and part of the Q Army, winning battles and waging wars with their memes and orchestrated twitter spamming and general trolling online as if this achieves something or is in any way a meaningful endeavour.  Wikileaks has been deputised into that army because they post a lot of either blatantly pro-Trump information or what they post can be used and manipulated to that end.

So, of course, the QTards are out defending Assange and Wikileaks.

If it was the WikiLeaks of old, I would agree that they're doing great work, like project chanology, collateral murder, but they're too political now.

They have narrative rather than their standards of old.

You can bet if the Mueller report does end up on wikileaks and it shows what everyone expects it to contain, Trump and the QTards in this thread will backflip so fast their spines would break.

IP Logged

SerialBrain9
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Apr 16th, 2019 at 7:21am

Absolute Rubbish Mr Kanga.
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2019 at 7:30am by SerialBrain9 »  

assange.jpg (72 KB | 16 )
assange.jpg

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Apr 16th, 2019 at 8:46am

Richdude wrote on Apr 14th, 2019 at 11:32pm:

Assange is a hero - he presented the truths to all for which he will most likely be tortured in a US supermax prison and possibly die in jail.

I agree.

He's not going to be treated fairly, that's for sure.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #14 - Apr 16th, 2019 at 9:37am

greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 16th, 2019 at 8:46am:
Richdude wrote on Apr 14th, 2019 at 11:32pm:

I agree.

He's not going to be treated fairly, that's for sure.

I agree, he shouldn't be extradited to the US, not for Wikileaks.

But people need to remember the truth about the situation and not look at him as a messiah because he's become hungry with power.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print