Send Topic Print
Julian Assange (Read 1829 times)
issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: Julian Assange
Reply #15 - Apr 16th, 2019 at 12:06pm

Julian Assange was brought up, by his mother, to hate the USA. Computer hacking is just the vehicle of his hate. Mind you, he is not alone among anti-American Australians. None of them are prepared to give up the American elements of their lifestyle.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Apr 16th, 2019 at 12:41pm

issuevoter wrote on Apr 16th, 2019 at 12:06pm:
Julian Assange was brought up, by his mother, to hate the USA. Computer hacking is just the vehicle of his hate. Mind you, he is not alone among anti-American Australians. None of them are prepared to give up the American elements of their lifestyle.

Such as?

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #17 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 1:05am

I don't think Assange hates the US - hes not that petty. We hate some things that the US does. Like killing innocents on an Iraqi street and supporting a coup in the Ukraine.

Assange gave the public information that an honest press would  have made available. Most Americans wouldn't even have heard of Yemen - let alone know that the US gov is supporting a war there.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #18 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 12:26pm

Honest Government Ad | Julian Assange

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #19 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 12:34pm

The Position of the Australian Prime Minister is to
SERVE THE USA, regardless from which Party they come from.
The Position of the Australian Governor-General is to
SERVE THE UK, regardless from which Party they come from.
The UK serves the USA in Europe and does its dirty work.

Julian Assange will be snuffed out from existence - gone in a mystery of smoke that even Wiki-Leaks can't uncover or reveal.

Assange will become a Matyr to the Australian People.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #20 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 12:53pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 18th, 2019 at 12:34pm:
The Position of the Australian Prime Minister is to
SERVE THE USA, regardless from which Party they come from.
The Position of the Australian Governor-General is to
SERVE THE UK, regardless from which Party they come from.
The UK serves the USA in Europe and does its dirty work.

Julian Assange will be snuffed out from existence - gone in a mystery of smoke that even Wiki-Leaks can't uncover or reveal.

Assange will become a Matyr to the Australian People.

That would be a terrible crime and one that would weigh heavily on the conscious of the Australian people.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #21 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 1:24pm

Assange will be made an example of - for the USA to show that even Australians are not above 'their' Law. Even the UK follows the USA more than it does its fellow Europeans (such is Brexit).

Assange will be treated like a Spy and an enemy of the State. He won't be executed, he will be imprisoned 'forever' and forgotten.

Trump likes Assange. Assange showed the world how corrupt Hillary Clinton was.

Maybe Trump will soften the blow for Assange?

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #22 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 3:30pm

You play with the big boys in the big boys' playground you always have to remember it is the big boys who set the rules.  Assange didn't.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 3:37pm

The thing that will help Assange is that he's a celebrity. He's like a slave who has won the crowd in the Colosseum. Caesar would like to stick his thumb up and have him nuked but it would cause unrest. He'll either get a good deal or do 50 years. It's going to make interesting viewing.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

Weed is my Jesus

Colorado
Reply #24 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 3:40pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 18th, 2019 at 3:30pm:
You play with the big boys in the big boys' playground you always have to remember it is the big boys who set the rules.  Assange didn't.   Roll Eyes

Get a life, hippie.

I go places inside my head with an eye on tomorrow to keep my soul fed

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #25 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 3:46pm

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Apr 20th, 2019 at 11:39pm

Captain Nemo wrote on Apr 18th, 2019 at 3:46pm:

A criminal? The media LOVE Assange. He's the Scarlett Pimpernel of the free press. He's the darling of every Guardian, New York Times, Washington Post and ABC journalist, without exception.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #27 - Apr 21st, 2019 at 6:24am

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 20th, 2019 at 11:39pm:
Captain Nemo wrote on Apr 18th, 2019 at 3:46pm:

A criminal? The media LOVE Assange. He's the Scarlett Pimpernel of the free press. He's the darling of every Guardian, New York Times, Washington Post and ABC journalist, without exception.

The press may in private admire Assange but certainly he does not enjoy positive coverage in the media.

The elite like to work without the risk of being exposed by whistle blowers.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Apr 21st, 2019 at 7:45am

Richdude wrote on Apr 18th, 2019 at 1:05am:

I don't think Assange hates the US - hes not that petty. We hate some things that the US does. Like killing innocents on an Iraqi street and supporting a coup in the Ukraine.

Assange gave the public information that an honest press would  have made available. Most Americans wouldn't even have heard of Yemen - let alone know that the US gov is supporting a war there.

Exactly.

What I find alarming is that people will attack assange and use the "raised by his mom, hates america"  as a way of running the man down....or trying to run him down anyway.

So he was raised by a loving mother and, well, he loves his mother.....And managed to keep a good relationship with her. Now this makes someone not credible? WTF?  School yard bullies would try shyte like this. These same people, i feel, would have no problem attacking a shyte mother for not caring for her kid/s.

So he hates America? 
Is that all of America?  Or is it just some things that the American gov has undertaken in its very confidential and secretive history. A gov that has murdered its own president,  its own people,  a gov that has lied to the world, created wars for its own benefit, made up stories so it can invade and kill any country it sees fit,  a gov so corrupt that it will delete anyone who questions their actions,  a gov that has had so many questionable actions that most are to afraid to ask questions for fear of "disappearing",  a gov that will hide its actions from the world until the truth is presented....Then it will chase the person who presented the truth and use its media to degrade, slander, ruin any form of credibility the person had. Yeah....the land of the free my arse.

I hate America for the same reasons and I would stand beside assange proudly,  not as an Australian but as a truth seeker.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #29 - Apr 21st, 2019 at 8:52am

Captain Caveman wrote on Apr 21st, 2019 at 7:45am:
I hate America for the same reasons and I would stand beside assange proudly,  not as an Australian but as a truth seeker.

It would be nice if he stayed that way.  I greatly admire much of what he did in the early days. 

Maybe now without him, Wikileaks can get back to its roots.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print