Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Re: Julian Assange
Reply #30 - Apr 21st, 2019 at 1:10pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 21st, 2019 at 8:52am:
Captain Caveman wrote on Apr 21st, 2019 at 7:45am:
I hate America for the same reasons and I would stand beside assange proudly,  not as an Australian but as a truth seeker.

It would be nice if he stayed that way.  I greatly admire much of what he did in the early days. 

Maybe now without him, Wikileaks can get back to its roots.

I agree Captain.

Its not a national, racial, sex or religious issue as the left wants it to be. Its about the truth.

This idiot and I mean idiot, Sad who is way out of his depth talking primary school level discussion would want Assange to stop releasing truthful info.

"What the world needs now is love, sweet love
It's the only thing that there's just too little of
What the world needs now is love, sweet love,
No not just for some but for everyone.…"

I don't know who sang this but they're wrong!

What the World needs now is - truth!
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2019 at 1:17pm by Richdude »  

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Re: Julian Assange
Reply #31 - Apr 21st, 2019 at 2:17pm

Richdude wrote on Apr 21st, 2019 at 1:10pm:
SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 21st, 2019 at 8:52am:
Captain Caveman wrote on Apr 21st, 2019 at 7:45am:
I hate America for the same reasons and I would stand beside assange proudly,  not as an Australian but as a truth seeker.

It would be nice if he stayed that way.  I greatly admire much of what he did in the early days. 

Maybe now without him, Wikileaks can get back to its roots.

I agree Captain.

Its not a national, racial, sex or religious issue as the left wants it to be. Its about the truth.

This idiot and I mean idiot, Sad who is way out of his depth talking primary school level discussion would want Assange to stop releasing truthful info.

"What the world needs now is love, sweet love
It's the only thing that there's just too little of
What the world needs now is love, sweet love,
No not just for some but for everyone.…"

I don't know who sang this but they're wrong!

What the World needs now is - truth!

Like you care about the truth...

Still waiting on a reply.

SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 3rd, 2019 at 7:43am:
Richdude wrote on Apr 3rd, 2019 at 7:21am:
With some people, after being deceived for several years cognitive dissonance becomes a fixed in their minds. No amount of proof will ever change their thinking.

Trump is guilty because I don't like him therefore.......... its cyclical reinforcement.

Such is the case with Sad.

Here is yesterdays press conference. Tell us Sad where are the lies? Should be easy. Trump is claiming there's thousands of illegals at the border is that a lie?

I didn't say he lies in everything he says.  One example of him not lying does not erase all his previous lies.

And you should know all about cognitive dissonance.  Well, I'd assume you don't actually know what it is, only that it's been used to attack you before, so you're trying to use it to attack those on the other side now.

I don't have time to watch the entire thing now (not just the short 18minute version you posted) but I know straight away one of his claims isn't true.

He says that 1% maybe 2% of undocumented immigrants show up to court, and they're the stupid ones, when the number, at least historically between 2012-2016 was over 60%.

I know he's trying to make a point to support his stance (and humiliating back down about closing the border) but it's not the truth.

He doesn't need to exaggerate it.  ~39% not showing up is bad enough, but to lie and claim it's 98%, that only weakens his message.

This is not about hating everything Trump does.  If he identifies a genuine issue, it should be taken seriously.

But Trump for his entire life has lied, exaggerated and embellished claims, he just can't stop...

Pretending that's not the case won't help, and using such flawed information as grounding for policy only leads to bad policy that is a waste of money, won't solve the problem it's aimed at and is likely to have negative impacts elsewhere with nothing to show for it.

Trump also claimed his father was born in Germany, when he wasn't, he was born in New York...

Another lie.

Quote:
“My father is German — was German,” Trump said. “Born in a very wonderful place in Germany, so I have a great feeling for Germany.”

Wrong.

It is true that Trump's grandfather, Fred Trump’s father, Friedrich Trump, was born in Germany, in the village of Kallstadt, but not his father as he claimed.

So which is it, did he lie or not?  What excuse do you have now?

I don't have time to fact check the rest of what he said this morning but there is probably more.

Come on... at least check for yourself before you try a mic drop moment...

Facts, they matter.  Stop trying to spin lies into truth, it'll never work and you'll keep getting humiliated.

The truth is, Trump lies.  He always has, he always will.

There are decades of proof of his dishonest record.  Literally.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print