Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Re: termites
Reply #15 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 5:08am

Jasin wrote on Jun 13th, 2019 at 10:42pm:
Valkie wrote on Jun 13th, 2019 at 8:29pm:
Just invite turd mc turdface around for a few days.

Even the termites will move out,

Yes. He and his little butt-plug with the initials LTYC on it are a blatant 'termite' infestation in this Forum. No matter how hard I try, I just can't match them for the amount of homo-erotic, pedo and anal humour they excrete to build their little nest here.
We need a bunch of Echidna.
The insecticides and sprays don't work on them and I can't fit the nuke warhead through the front door. 

Why refer to them in the plural?

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 3:21pm

Herbie tried to do that with me, FD. He said I white-anted "his" threads. Whenever I posted, he'd sulk and complain to the moderator.

How very dare you.

Pity he went back to Stormfront. We miss him, you know.

He's probably made ubersturmfuhrer by now.

You?

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 3:27pm

I had them in an old house.
Don't disturb them. Get bait from a pro and let them carry that back to the nest.
When the bait is no longer being eaten, they will be gone.
Then we put in a monitoring system.
About 20 small black plastic pots full of pine chips placed around the gardens and paths around the house.
Check these monthly.
If chips are being eaten, fill pot with bait and keep filling til it is not being eaten.
Only had to do this once in 10 year.

The high pressure sprays into the soil  is dear and only lasts about 5 years

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 6:29pm

Gas em with Formaldehyde, then gas em with a flamable gas and light a long wick to the hole in the nest. Bye bye Termites, nest and 'all'. Smiley

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 6:57pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 3:27pm:
I had them in an old house.
Don't disturb them. Get bait from a pro and let them carry that back to the nest.
When the bait is no longer being eaten, they will be gone.
Then we put in a monitoring system.
About 20 small black plastic pots full of pine chips placed around the gardens and paths around the house.
Check these monthly.
If chips are being eaten, fill pot with bait and keep filling til it is not being eaten.
Only had to do this once in 10 year.

The high pressure sprays into the soil  is dear and only lasts about 5 years

I'm familiar with the monitoring stations you are talking about ...we used to have them in a complex I used to manage. Despite having them, and they were checked every 6 weeks,  every property in the complex was still checked internally for termites once a year ... and occasionally we'd still find the termites active inside a dwelling. If you place your stations a couple of meters apart, there is nothing to stop them going up the middle between two stations and bypassing the monitoring stations altogether.

A good friend of mine is a pest controller ...He used to do the work for me at the complex, when he first installed them he actually tried to talk the body corporate out of them. Keep in mind that for him, they're a virtual gold mine. He made very good money first installing and then inspecting them ... and the inspections are perpetual, at $3000+ every six weeks for half a days work to inspect them  (there are 350+ stations throughout the complex)... they're almost as good as a printing press for money. Despite that, the only thing he recommends to customers is chemical barriers ... and they do him out of work because for the next 8 years he won't need to come back for termites .

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #20 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 7:00pm

Explain 'chemical barrier' and cost etc.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 7:05pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 7:00pm:

they inject a 'chemical barrier' around (and below?) the foundations of the house .... termites will not cross this barrier (i'm not sure if it kills them or if it's just a repellent). I've been told that even if the area suffers from frequent flooding, the barrier will still work.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #22 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 7:09pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 7:05pm:

they inject a 'chemical barrier' around (and below?) the foundations of the house .... termites will not cross this barrier (i'm not sure if it kills them or if it's just a repellent). I've been told that even if the area suffers from frequent flooding, the barrier will still work.

Any idea of the cost?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 7:10pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 7:09pm:

Any idea of the cost?

the cost has been covered in previous posts ... it ultimately depends on the size of the house but i believe it's around the $4k mark

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #24 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 7:25pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 7:10pm:
Aussie wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 7:09pm:

Any idea of the cost?

the cost has been covered in previous posts ... it ultimately depends on the size of the house but i believe it's around the $4k mark

That does not sound right....compared to those pit barrier things around the perimeter.  But, I know SFA about it so I'll shut up.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 7:52pm

In the past house pads were sprayed with heptachlor or dieldren before the concrete went down
Those organochloriens lasted virtually forever
Tha only time you got problems was when something disturbed that barrier
Since organochlories were banned none of the replacement chemicals last as long
We have a reticulated system under the pad and get injections all around the house every few years
Aussie termites are great adversaries....you cant take chances with them

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print