Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Your Favourite Conspiracy Theory (Read 5874 times)
SadKangaroo

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Your Favourite Conspiracy Theory
Aug 11th, 2019 at 7:28pm

With this forum going understandably quite and another threat I was chatting in here, it got me thinking about my favourite conspiracy theory.

After all, that's what drew me to this subforum in the first place.

To me, a good conspiracy first has to be something that can't be easily disproven, like the Flat Earth, Chemtrails, the idea of "False Flag attacks" or QAnon and has just enough plausibility that under the right circumstances it could be true.

So what are your favourite conspiracy theories?

Mine would have to be 9/11, but not how you probably think.

The conspiracy theory goes that the hijackers really did take control of the planes and fly them into the towers etc, the conspiracy theory comes in to play in the aftermath, where the Government are so embarrassed that under their watch they didn't even know it was happening until it was too late, exposing the massive security vulnerabilities under their watch that THEY were the ones who started the conspiracy theories that it was an inside job.  They did it to hide their incompetence!

True or not it is my favourite.  To me it seems far more plausible than an actual inside job, with the building being brought down using controlled demolition and the secret being kept in even that era of leaks to the press etc, and it would help the Government and the country, in general, save face after such a humiliating admission that it was a legitimate attack and none of the agencies even saw it coming.

QAnon, while easily disprovable is extremely fascinating and terrifying at the same time, and ranks in at a close 2nd.

Anyone else got any favourites?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Your Favourite Conspiracy Theory
Reply #1 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 8:39pm

my favorite is the global conspiracy from the left .... apparently ongoing for well over 50 yrs now, and affecting every social policy across the world ........... and still mostly undiscovered. Those guys running that must be absolute geniuses Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 1:53am

John Smith wrote on Aug 11th, 2019 at 8:39pm:
my favorite is the global conspiracy from the left .... apparently ongoing for well over 50 yrs now, and affecting every social policy across the world ........... and still mostly undiscovered. Those guys running that must be absolute geniuses Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

My favourite is that John Smith is actually a cancer of the vulva who grew legs.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 10:09am

I detest them all....

they are only for the gullible  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

SadKangaroo

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #4 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 11:15am

I'd have to agree with you there, but the psychology of it all is very interesting.

How people fall victim to it and how hard it can be to help them recover from it.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #5 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 11:26am

My favourites would be David Ickes theory about reptile people and the Protocols of the Elders of Zion

David Ickes because its so laughably hilarious. Something like 9/11 has no evidence, but it FEELS like it could be true just because the US government have done dodgy crap in the past.

The Protocols since its been repeatedly proven to be a hoax but people still trot it out even now.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 5:47pm

AiA wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 1:53am:
John Smith wrote on Aug 11th, 2019 at 8:39pm:

My favourite is that John Smith is actually a cancer of the vulva who grew legs.

you dreaming about me again are you!

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 5:54pm

My favourite two are that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone and that the Nazis killed 6 million plus Jews.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #8 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 6:19pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 5:54pm:
My favourite two are that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone and that the Nazis killed 6 million plus Jews.

Holocaust denial?  Really...

I mean, it's a conspiracy theory I suppose, but, I can't really think of another that is more telling about the beholder than that but those that come close are in the same vein...

oof

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 6:26pm

I'm not a holocaust denier. I read an article that stated that the settlers of Australia killed 20 million Aborigines. I don't believe that. That doesn't mean  I don't believe they didn't kill thousands of Aborigines. Careful with the strawman, luv.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #10 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 6:34pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 6:26pm:
I'm not a holocaust denier. I read an article that stated that the settlers of Australia killed 20 million Aborigines. I don't believe that. That doesn't mean  I don't believe they didn't kill thousands of Aborigines. Careful with the strawman, luv.

So what you're saying is that you feel, based on your opinions, that the official record of events is wrong, because it suits you?  Or you just find the conspiracy intriguing, much like myself and the version of 9/11 conspiracy that interested me.

I don't for a second believe it to be true, but it is, "my favourite".

I don't want to jump to the wrong conclusion about you sweetheart, just asking.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 6:35pm

Conspiracy theories about the rise of the right are becoming ever more fanciful and the language in which they are expressed ever less temperate. Frank Figliuzzi, a former FBI assistant director no less, attacked Trump in a TV interview last week for announcing flags would be flown at half-mast until August 8 as a mark of respect for the victims of two mass shootings.

“That’s 8/8,” said Figliuzzi. “The numbers eight and eight are very significant in the neo-Nazi and white supremacist movement … The letter H is the eighth letter in the alphabet. So, for them it stands for ‘Heil Hitler’.” The conviction that America’s 45th president is on the verge of becoming America’s first fuhrer is no longer confined to the fruitcake fringe.

Tony Blair’s former media adviser, Alastair Campbell, accused Trump of “doing that stuff” Hitler did on the ABC’s Q&A last month. “I’m not saying he’s going to go out and kill six million people. I’m saying the seeds of fascism are being sown.” The exaggerated rhetoric betrays a sense of despair on the progressive left that its message is not cutting through. The gospel of wokeness remains unappealing to most of the voting population, whose concerns are of a more practical kind.

The haste to adopt conspiracy theories to explain the right’s success is a sign of a strengthening paranoia among the people who depend on The Saturday Paper to reinforce their prejudices.

The rate of rhetorical inflation means to be described as a mere conservative is almost a term of endearment. The left’s real enemies occupy a sliding scale from hard right to far right to extreme right. Beyond that one steps into the domain of fascism, an increasingly crowded place these days as the entry bar slips lower.

Titania McGrath, the fictional creation of comedian Andrew Doyle and pseudonymous author of the book Woke: A Guide to Social Justice, rejoices that the word “Nazi” has been broadened to include “anybody who voted for Brexit, has ever considered supporting the Conservative party or refuses to take The Guardian seriously”. As a consequence, she writes, “there are now more Nazis living in modern Britain than even existed in 1930s Germany”.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 6:49pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 6:34pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 6:26pm:

So what you're saying is that you feel, based on your opinions, that the official record of events is wrong, because it suits you?  Or you just find the conspiracy intriguing, much like myself and the version of 9/11 conspiracy that interested me.

I don't for a second believe it to be true, but it is, "my favourite".

I don't want to jump to the wrong conclusion about you sweetheart, just asking.

Not at all. I disagree with the official record because there is so much contrary evidence I find more compelling. Governments and media have been known to lie. That's not a conspiracy theory; that's history 101.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 9:59pm

Jesse Owen was a guinea pig for steroid use
Usd to humiliate Hitler st the 36 games

Dennis Conners threw the Americas Cup so he could take it to his home port

IP Logged

SadKangaroo

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #14 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 7:30am

There are some great ones, I might have to change my top 10...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print