Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Your Favourite Conspiracy Theory (Read 5908 times)
Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Your Favourite Conspiracy Theory
Reply #45 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 7:48pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 7:30pm:
The Red Cross accept the 6 million death toll.

They have said that ~270k number was only a fraction of the death toll.

You're quoting a Facebook meme that you never bothered to fact check.

If you look it up everybody concedes that nobody really has an accurate figure. There's a few arguments. One is that many died in camps from disease and weren't exterminated. The other is that many non jews are contained in these figures. I've read investigations into the holocaust where many historians put the figure between 500,000 and 6 million. Considering the politics surrounding  sympathy for the founding of Israel and post war legal proceedings against certain countries there was definitely a reason to fudge these figures.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 7:54pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 6:12pm:
The Red Cross put the figure at a quarter of a million. As far as 6 million Jews being killed in the last year and a half of the 'final solution'; there just isn't the evidence to support that.

Incorrect, as usual.

Not sure why you bother.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #47 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 8:05pm

Ok, so there was a viral Facebook post that claimed that Red Cross documentation showed 271,000 people died in Nazi concentration camps, rather than the widely accepted figure of around six million.

If you type out the link they cite as evidence in the meme it takes you at an article that includes a 1979 document which it claims lists the true concentration camp death toll.

In fact the documentation from 1979 shows the number of death certificates that had been issued for prisoners in 13 Nazi concentration camps. The number of death certificates represents only a fraction of the total death toll for various reasons because there were over 1200 sites that executed the prisoners.

The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) have stated,

“The ICRC accepts the Holocaust as fact and does not dispute in any way the official number of lives that were lost.”

After the Second World War, an organisation called the Special Registry Office based in the German town of Bad Arolsen was authorised to formally issue death certificates for prisoners of Nazi concentration camps.

The Special Registry Office (which still operates today) primarily draws upon the collections of the International Tracing Service (ITS) which maintains an archive on victims of the Nazis.

The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) managed the ITS until 2012 (hence the link between the Red Cross and these figures).

No single data source holds an authoritative estimate for the number of Jews murdered during the Holocaust, but six million is an accepted rough estimate. This does not include non-Jews systematically murdered during the Holocaust such as the Roma and disabled people.

The problem is that the sources that push the claim that the death doll was a fraction of what is accepted all stem from anti-Semitic groups claiming to be legitimate but are just pushing their standard message.

The number is false, the Jews are lying, what else are they lying about, did the holocaust even happen?

That's how it always goes and sadly this time, despite the please of accuracy and intellectual pursuits, it's still the same whether you realise it or not, or are a willing participant or not.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 9:16pm

I read about the Red Cross disputing the '6 million' figure about 5 years ago. Shove the viral meme thing up your lily-livered a.r.s.e.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #49 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 8:36am

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 9:16pm:
I read about the Red Cross disputing the '6 million' figure about 5 years ago. Shove the viral meme thing up your lily-livered a.r.s.e.

It doesn't matter where you read it, the number was never a total count of the death toll and the Red Cross themselves have had to come out and correct the record because the misinformation spread like wildfire through the expected communities.

I don't care where you saw it from.  People with an agenda to push took it out of context and those reading it were too quick to accept the opinions these people, you know because it gelled with their internal biases.

Holocaust revisionism is just another chapter entitled "How to deny the Houlacost openly in public" from the same book the deniers use.

Edit: Full Disclosure, my grandfather was Jewish.  He renounced his faith, changed his name and fled to Australia after the war.  I've always gone to him with questions since our Primary and even High School history classes left a lot of information out and he taught me how to find out more information on this and many other subjects. Before the Internet, we'd go to libraries etc, there were a lot more resources in Melbourne back then.  I'm happy to continue on this topic but know that you'll be greeted with facts you may not like, but they'll be facts, not just opinions that I agree with.  That's pretty much the bases of all my posts here, be ready.
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2019 at 8:42am by SadKangaroo »  

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #50 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 5:05pm

cods wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 10:09am:
I detest them all....

they are only for the gullible  Roll Eyes

You are right there Cods.
A lot is misinformation thrown in to 'confuse' it away from the 'Fact' and a lot of it is speculation searching for the 'Fact'. Although there is a 'Fact' out there - one doesn't see the truth of it until it has taken into account the misinformation and speculation.

Take 9/11 for example. Kanganon has described his attraction for the 'misinformation' thrust in to cause confusion away from the truth and to make all 'speculations' look silly and stupid. Operation Blue Book (UFO's) was one of the first such 'official' efforts of misinformation.

Take UFO's themselves for example. Most people who live the 'American Dream' wether there in the USA itself or overseas in other nations - all 'see things in the sky' because besides the USA being the best in Aviation and having the Bald Eagle as its 'spirit animal', there is their exemplary Astronomical & Space endeavors.
Seeing things in the sky, are just American thoughts of Heaven.
...unlike us Australians sent here 'down under' (into the Abyss).

In the end. 9/11 was just a simple act of Terrorists attaining  airplanes and going kamikazi. The Middle-East just flexing their muscle and reminding North America who the #1 Military 'region' of the world is (Namerica just being a Law Enforcer), no matter how hard the American 'poor' try to replicate with their mass shooting sprees in shopping centers.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 5:07pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Aug 31st, 2019 at 8:36am:

It doesn't matter where you read it, the number was never a total count of the death toll and the Red Cross themselves have had to come out and correct the record because the misinformation spread like wildfire through the expected communities.

I don't care where you saw it from.  People with an agenda to push took it out of context and those reading it were too quick to accept the opinions these people, you know because it gelled with their internal biases.

Holocaust revisionism is just another chapter entitled "How to deny the Houlacost openly in public" from the same book the deniers use.

Edit: Full Disclosure, my grandfather was Jewish.  He renounced his faith, changed his name and fled to Australia after the war.  I've always gone to him with questions since our Primary and even High School history classes left a lot of information out and he taught me how to find out more information on this and many other subjects. Before the Internet, we'd go to libraries etc, there were a lot more resources in Melbourne back then.  I'm happy to continue on this topic but know that you'll be greeted with facts you may not like, but they'll be facts, not just opinions that I agree with.  That's pretty much the bases of all my posts here, be ready.

I'll pass.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #52 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 5:37pm

And Jesus wept from upon the Christian Cross and said unto his Jewish people.
"Wait till me little bro Hitler gets yas - ya buggers!"

Now I like that one Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #53 - Sep 1st, 2019 at 8:55pm

My favorite conspiracy involves tens of thousands of scientists not ONE of whom has broken the silence.

Yes, silly conspiracy theory believed in by sad little brainless deniers, like Booby here, who believe it is all a conspiracy. How whacked out can you get?

No, the globe is not cooling, it is warming. No, a Grand Solar Minimum will NOT cause an ice age since a GSM cools by a maximum of 0.2°C and AGW warms by 0.2°C/decade.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #54 - Sep 1st, 2019 at 9:26pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Sep 1st, 2019 at 8:55pm:
My favorite conspiracy involves tens of thousands of scientists not ONE of whom has broken the silence.

Yes, silly conspiracy theory believed in by sad little brainless deniers, like Booby here, who believe it is all a conspiracy. How whacked out can you get?

No, the globe is not cooling, it is warming. No, a Grand Solar Minimum will NOT cause an ice age since a GSM cools by a maximum of 0.2°C and AGW warms by 0.2°C/decade.

*"I'm on a Mexican Radio... what did he say?"
Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #55 - Sep 2nd, 2019 at 11:42am

Reference?

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Sep 2nd, 2019 at 11:52am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 2nd, 2019 at 11:42am:

Reference?

type in INTERNATIONAL RED CROSS (IRC) DOCUMENT.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #57 - Sep 2nd, 2019 at 12:19pm

Only shows up links to the Red Cross. Anything on the actual disputed thing?

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Sep 2nd, 2019 at 1:57pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 2nd, 2019 at 12:19pm:

The actual document has been downloaded for all to see. The fact of the matter is that the victors write up most history on war. It's only years later that more neutral perspectives come to light. I'd be careful fully believing  many historical accounts of WW2 Europe written up post war. Especially Jewish deaths. It's not insensitive. It's just that politics was mucking around with actual reality.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #59 - Sep 2nd, 2019 at 3:30pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 2nd, 2019 at 1:57pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 2nd, 2019 at 12:19pm:

The actual document has been downloaded for all to see. The fact of the matter is that the victors write up most history on war. It's only years later that more neutral perspectives come to light. I'd be careful fully believing  many historical accounts of WW2 Europe written up post war. Especially Jewish deaths. It's not insensitive. It's just that politics was mucking around with actual reality.

So wheres the link, is it that fing hard.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print