Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print
⮞ Greta Thunberg Is A 'Child Abuse' Victim!!! ⮜ (Read 9722 times)
Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

⮞ Greta Thunberg Is A 'Child Abuse' Victim!!! ⮜
Sep 25th, 2019 at 10:44am

A New Low for Climate Change Extremism
Greta Thunberg Is A Child Abuse Victim

Yet, Climate Change Activists Cheer Her On!?

Source:      
The Daily Wire
       Quote:
Greta Thunberg, the 16-year-old girl selected by the media to be the poster child of climate alarmism, gave another hysterical speech on Monday. This time, at the U.N., she declared that the Earth is undergoing a "mass extinction" which, she warns, probably cannot be averted.

"How dare you," the distraught teen cried. "You have stolen my dreams and my childhood." On one level, I can relate to this sentiment because it's exactly what I said after watching the "Lion King" remake. On another level, as a parent, I find this girl very hard to watch. It is obvious that she really believes her delusional doomsday fantasies. That is because they are not her fantasies — she is merely repeating what she has been told by adults who know better.

Thunberg, as the media likes to remind us, is autistic and OCD. This section of a Daily Beast profile gives us a brief outline of her psychological issues:

Quote:
But thanks to the formal diagnosis of Asperger’s syndrome coupled with high-functioning autism and obsessive compulsive disorder, the now-16-year-old Swede has become quite literally the poster child for the generation that will have to deal with the destruction of our planet. Once she started receiving multifaceted treatment, Thunberg was able to channel her anxiety into something we should all be concerned about: The health of the planet and the science behind apocalyptic warnings of its demise.

In October 2018, Thunberg started having anxiety-ridden 3 a.m. nightmares, but unlike before, they were not about her. The recurring nightmares were about the impact of global warming on the planet, according to the book, Scenes From the Heart, she wrote with her parents and sister Beata, who also suffers from many of the same emotional conditions.

This time, instead of holing up in her bedroom as she did before treatment, she decided that her anxiety about the climate needed to become everyone else's, too. One of the aspects of her complicated diagnosis is obsession. Her family says she just wouldn't let the idea go that the planet was burning up and there was ample science to prove it

The Daily Beast recounts all of this like we shouldn't be concerned. But what we're being told is that an obsessive, mentally troubled young girl came to believe — mistakenly — that the apocalypse is upon us. Rather than calm these terrible fears, and redirect her in a healthier direction, the adults in her life have only encouraged her paranoia. And now the media is only too happy to exploit her fear in order to stoke even more fear. Creating fear with fear. That is the media's specialty.

This is child abuse. If any grown up in Thunberg's life really cared about her psychological and emotional well-being, they would sit her down and explain that climate change is not going to destroy human civilization. Yes, the climate is changing. Climates tend to do that. But whatever role humans play in that process, and to whatever degree, it is not going to result in the end of all life as we know it. Talk of a 10-year, or 12-year, or 20-year, timeline before planetary catastrophe is all an invention of politicians and media personalities. Scientists don't speak this way.

When I was a child, they told us of an imminent future without rainforests. Well, I am now living in that imminent future and the rainforests are doing okay. Sure, there was a problem with deforestation. We were cutting down more trees than we should have. But the dystopian vision of a world without trees was — and I couldn't have known this at the time, because I was just a kid — completely insane. It is possible to say "trees are good and we shouldn't wantonly destroy them" without adding "and soon all the trees will be gone and you will suffocate." But the environmental alarmists always choose to tack on the apocalyptic bit at the end, undermining the validity of their message and creating unnecessary panic.

Once again, we must call this what it is:
Child abuse
. It may be a smart political move to traumatize children with these End Times prophecies, but it is morally abominable. Yes, tell kids to recycle, pick up trash, plant trees — all fine and worthwhile pursuits. But the hysteria is entirely unjustified. Let kids be kids. They shouldn't have to wake up every morning with hallucinatory fears about the planet's demise.

I always thought that the The Extremist-Left were low, cowardly liars......but this 'sick exploitation'  is by far the lowest of the low to come from the Climate Change Hysterical Left.

It sickens me see how they abuse this poor child, & it becomes worse still when they applaud & praise her......egging her on to what I think will actually be a possible "Mass Extinction".....not due to Climate Change, but due to intentional child abuse upon a susceptible & fragile generation.
  Angry

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Re: ⮞ Greta Thunberg Is A 'Child Abuse' Victim!!! ⮜
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 11:02am

How dare these Global Warming Extremists allow this poor girls sicknesses to consume her to what personal damage & jeopardy?

They're forcing her & her generation into a self-inflicted martyrdom!

They must be held accountable!!

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 11:13am

Yes yes, I have two words for this: Crocodile tears.  If any of you thinks this person Matt Walsh, cares about child abuse or the welfare of this child, then you are sadly deluding yourself.  He is making this article, purely for his own personal and financial gain.

She is NOT some doomsayer, what she spoke about at the UN assembly is not some unfounded religious rubbish.  And it is not about planetary catastrophy like hollywood movies.  Sure, humanity will live on even if there is 4 degree variation. However, the geosocial and political impact of this change, would mean that people will lose their homes, and people will die.  And to her, and young people this is unacceptable.   And to that, I think this is perfectly reasonable to say.

And then Matt goes on about how when he was a child, people said that there will be a world without trees.  Well, if people like him have his way, then yes, the world would be with very little trees.  It is only combined conservation efforts of people like Greta, people who cares about the future and the environment, that we forced the government to conserve, and to protect.  So, he should be thanking people like her. 

Matt talked about let kids be kids... and reasoned that they shoudnt have to wake up every morning with hallucinatory fears about planet's demise.  Well, i it is not hallucinating when biologist is telling us, that we are appear to be undergoing a 6th mass extinction event.  Something is terribly wrong with our planet.  And I think it is more child abuse to feed them the lies of 'etneral economic" growth, and stating everything is going to be okay.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #3 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 11:31am

tickleandrose wrote on Sep 25th, 2019 at 11:13am:
Yes yes, I have two words for this: Crocodile tears.  If any of you thinks this person Matt Walsh, cares about child abuse or the welfare of this child, then you are sadly deluding yourself.  He is making this article, purely for his own personal and financial gain.

She is NOT some doomsayer, what she spoke about at the UN assembly is not some unfounded religious rubbish.  And it is not about planetary catastrophy like hollywood movies.  Sure, humanity will live on even if there is 4 degree variation. However, the geosocial and political impact of this change, would mean that people will lose their homes, and people will die.  And to her, and young people this is unacceptable.   And to that, I think this is perfectly reasonable to say.

And then Matt goes on about how when he was a child, people said that there will be a world without trees.  Well, if people like him have his way, then yes, the world would be with very little trees.  It is only combined conservation efforts of people like Greta, people who cares about the future and the environment, that we forced the government to conserve, and to protect.  So, he should be thanking people like her. 

Matt talked about let kids be kids... and reasoned that they shoudnt have to wake up every morning with hallucinatory fears about planet's demise.  Well, i it is not hallucinating when biologist is telling us, that we are appear to be undergoing a 6th mass extinction event.  Something is terribly wrong with our planet.  And I think it is more child abuse to feed them the lies of 'etneral economic" growth, and stating everything is going to be okay. 

As I've always said.....Rather than intellectually disputing the facts within the message because they simply can't, they'd prefer to fail miserably in attempting to childishly attack the messenger .............. Yet Again......
  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #4 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 11:32am

Panther wrote on Sep 25th, 2019 at 11:31am:

As I've always said.....Rather than intellectually disputing the facts within the message because they simply can't, they'd prefer to fail miserably in attempting to childishly attack the messenger .............. Yet Again......

You seem to be attacking the left and the right with this.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #5 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 11:34am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 25th, 2019 at 11:32am:

You seem to be attacking the left and the right with this.

Still dummer en sh!t as always DonkeyBoy..........read, & the facts will set you free!
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2019 at 11:40am by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #6 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 11:37am

Quote:
Let kids be kids

Unless of course it entails speaking out against the destruction of their future.

In that case I guess kids aren't allowed to be kids.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #7 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 11:43am

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 25th, 2019 at 11:37am:
Quote:
Let kids be kids

Unless of course it entails speaking out against the destruction of their future.

In that case I guess kids aren't allowed to be kids.

Well then I guess you're ok with the "Extremist Climate Change Alarmist Left" exploiting this poor child's well documented & obvious mental illnesses?

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 11:44am

Throughout his article, Matt deliberately attempt to portray Greta as mental unwell, and twisting her words without actually quoting or dispute the facts around her speech.   The most critical of which is this sentence: "People are suffering. People are dying. Entire ecosystems are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass extinction, "

And its true, world wide, people are suffering, dying from medical illness relating to pollution.   Eco systems have either collapsed or under enormous stress, and we are facing a 6th extinction event in which the scientist called "the Holocene event".   And all of this information are widely available,  on the internet, in the libraries. 

And you know what, Matt did not even mention any of this.  What did he mention?  A story about him when he was younger about a planet of no trees, and look now, there are still trees, so we must not worry.  Now how is this a credible dispute.  It is not, its just a thinly veiled attempt to discredit a brave young person of her age, gender and medical condition. 

No Panther, I am very sure that this young girl is not exploited by some fairy tale left wing environmental alarmist.  But rather, her gender, age and health being is being hijacked by the extreme right wing, to further their own personal and financial gains.   And THAT, is real child abuse, Matt should be ashamed, and should apologize.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #9 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 11:54am

As I've always said.....Rather than intellectually disputing the facts within the message because they simply can't, they'd prefer to fail miserably in attempting to childishly attack the messenger .............. Yet Again......  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

So who are you attacking>?

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #10 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 12:04pm

tickleandrose wrote on Sep 25th, 2019 at 11:44am:

Throughout his article, Matt deliberately attempt to portray Greta as mental unwell, and twisting her words without actually quoting or dispute the facts around her speech.   The most critical of which is this sentence: "People are suffering. People are dying. Entire ecosystems are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass extinction, "

And its true, world wide, people are suffering, dying from medical illness relating to pollution.   Eco systems have either collapsed or under enormous stress, and we are facing a 6th extinction event in which the scientist called "the Holocene event".   And all of this information are widely available,  on the internet, in the libraries. 

And you know what, Matt did not even mention any of this.  What did he mention?  A story about him when he was younger about a planet of no trees, and look now, there are still trees, so we must not worry.  Now how is this a credible dispute.  It is not, its just a thinly veiled attempt to discredit a brave young person of her age, gender and medical condition. 

No Panther, I am very sure that this young girl is not exploited by some fairy tale left wing environmental alarmist.  But rather, her gender, age and health being is being hijacked by the extreme right wing, to further their own personal and financial gains.   And THAT, is real child abuse, Matt should be ashamed, and should apologize.

The only people who should be ashamed here are the UN, & the so called adults that defend the Extreme Climate Change Alarmist Left in this obvious case of Child Abuse........

You are actually defending this child abuse as if it doesn't exist.

We've never crossed paths before AFIK, but it seems when extreme leftist agendas are called for what they are, the left will send it's minions out.....welcome, & say hello to your fellow leftist defender of the faith.....Donkey Boy, meet TickleMynose.....you both have a lot in common!!

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 12:13pm

Panther wrote on Sep 25th, 2019 at 12:04pm:
tickleandrose wrote on Sep 25th, 2019 at 11:44am:

The only people who should be ashamed here are the UN, & the so called adults that defend the Extreme Climate Change Alarmist Left in this obvious case of Child Abuse........

You are actually defending this child abuse as if it doesn't exist.

We've never crossed paths before AFIK, but it seems when extreme leftist agendas are called for what they are, the left will send it's minions out.....welcome, & say hello to your fellow leftist defender of the faith.....Donkey Boy, meet TickleMynose.....you both have a lot in common!!

Throughout his article, Matt have never raised the specifics or quoted what she was saying and then back it up with evidence why it was wrong.   If he did that, then, I would give him the benefit of doubt.  But look at what he has done?   He had made very obvious attempts to emphasize her age, her gender, and her medical condition, and to imply that due to these, she was not able to make her own mind, form her opinion, or present evidence on her own behalf. 

Panther, the young girl in question is 16 years old.  She is not 6.  And by having depression or autism, does not mean that she cannot present her point of view on her own.   There are countless individuals on our society, who have lead a successful career, only to stumble on their own diagnosis later on.   To me, Matt is using this misconception about age, gender and mental health, to stigmatize her.  At at the same time, bring this fairyland of global left alarmist. 

I have formed a different opinion to you.  I believe in this case, Matt is the one that should apologize.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #12 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 1:55pm

She's not happy.

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Sep 26th, 2019 at 7:09pm

Well St Greta of Thunberg was a little distressed.

Opinion by JACQUES VOORHEES

“My message is that we’ll be watching you. This is all wrong, I shouldn’t be up here, I should be back in school on the other side of the ocean.”

So she realises she should be in school.

“Yet, you all come to us young people for hope, how dare you?”

"Not sure where you’re getting your information. No sentient adult goes to young people “for hope,” whether they’ve been “dared” to or otherwise. Normally, when adults consider young people like yourself, the operative word is “despair.” And if you’re unfamiliar with that word, it means “absence of hope.”"

“…and yet I’m one of the lucky ones. People are suffering, people are dying. Entire ecosystems are collapsing.”

"Meanwhile back in reality, none of that is occurring."

“How dare you continue to look away and come here saying that you’re doing enough when the politics and solutions needed are still nowhere in sight.”

"Another rule of effective speaking: don’t contradict yourself, especially within a single sentence. If the “politics and solutions needed are still nowhere in sight,” what exactly are you expecting these UN diplomats to do, beyond what they’re already doing? If the solutions are truly nowhere in sight, you’re certainly not going to get them from this crowd."

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/09/24/a-line-by-line-response-to-greta-thunberg...

Just a few excerpts. Wink

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Sep 26th, 2019 at 7:20pm

I personally think she'll make a great
Virgin Sacrifice

to the Gods of War.

Isn't that why the young girls in the world are upset and crying?
Are all forming their Global Pony Club and putting the wind up 'Daddy' Politics to stop the Child Abuse of destroying their 'future'.

What the world is witnessing via this girl is that you don't have to be a Scientist to realise this World is heading for
DOOM

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print