Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Trump Tax Documents Show Fraud (Read 3641 times)
SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Trump Tax Documents Show Fraud
Oct 17th, 2019 at 12:50pm

Quote:
Never-Before-Seen Trump Tax Documents Show Major Inconsistencies

Documents obtained by ProPublica show stark differences in how Donald Trump’s businesses reported some expenses, profits and occupancy figures for two Manhattan buildings, giving a lender different figures than they provided to New York City tax authorities. The discrepancies made the buildings appear more profitable to the lender — and less profitable to the officials who set the buildings’ property tax.

For instance, Trump told the lender that he took in twice as much rent from one building as he reported to tax authorities during the same year, 2017. He also gave conflicting occupancy figures for one of his signature skyscrapers, located at 40 Wall Street.

Lenders like to see a rising occupancy level as a sign of what they call “leasing momentum.” Sure enough, the company told a lender that 40 Wall Street had been 58.9% leased on Dec. 31, 2012, and then rose to 95% a few years later. The company told tax officials the building was 81% rented as of Jan. 5, 2013.

A dozen real estate professionals told ProPublica they saw no clear explanation for multiple inconsistencies in the documents. The discrepancies are “versions of fraud,” said Nancy Wallace, a professor of finance and real estate at the Haas School of Business at the University of California-Berkeley. “This kind of stuff is not OK.”

New York City’s property tax forms state that the person signing them “affirms the truth of the statements made” and that “false filings are subject to all applicable civil and criminal penalties.”

The punishments for lying to tax officials, or to lenders, can be significant, ranging from fines to criminal fraud charges. Two former Trump associates, Michael Cohen and Paul Manafort, are serving prison time for offenses that include falsifying tax and bank records, some of them related to real estate.

“Certainly, if I were sitting in a prosecutor’s office, I would want to ask a lot more questions,” said Anne Milgram, a former attorney general for New Jersey who is now a professor at New York University School of Law.

Trump has previously been accused of manipulating numbers on his tax and loan documents, including by his former lawyer, Cohen. But Trump’s business is notoriously opaque, with records rarely surfacing, and up till now there’s been little documentary evidence supporting those claims.

That’s one reason that multiple governmental entities, including two congressional committees and the office of the Manhattan district attorney, have subpoenaed Donald Trump’s tax returns. Trump has resisted, taking his battles to federal courts in Washington and New York. And so the question of whether different parts of the government can see the president’s financial information is now playing out in two appeals courts and seems destined to make it to the U.S. Supreme Court. Add to that a Washington Post account of an IRS whistleblower claiming political interference in the handling of the president’s audit, and the result is what amounts to frenetic interest in one person’s tax returns.

ProPublica obtained the property tax documents using New York’s Freedom of Information Law. The documents were public because Trump appealed his property tax bill for the buildings every year for nine years in a row, the extent of the available records. We compared the tax records with loan records that became public when Trump’s lender, Ladder Capital, sold the debt on his properties as part of mortgage-backed securities.

ProPublica reviewed records for four properties: 40 Wall Street, the Trump International Hotel and Tower, 1290 Avenue of the Americas and Trump Tower. Discrepancies involving two of them — 40 Wall Street and the Trump International Hotel and Tower — stood out.

Link: https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-inc-podcast-never-before-seen-trump-tax...

Cohen, in the service of Trump, went to jail for doing this sort of thing on behalf of Trump.

And all of this is just for 4 buildings.

What will his Tax Returns show?

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Trump Tax Documents Show Fraud
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 12:58pm

i would hope so.

the noble capitalist businessman has a moral obligation to keep as much money as possible out of the hands of the reprehensible political elite in washington

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 1:04pm

aquascoot wrote on Oct 17th, 2019 at 12:58pm:
i would hope so.

the noble capitalist businessman has a moral obligation to keep as much money as possible out of the hands of the reprehensible political elite in washington

Excuse me?

The rule of law really doesn't matter to those who support Trump.

Troll on somewhere else.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 1:10pm

So apparently two sets of books. One for tax and one for lenders. Better to show lenders improved figures if you want to keep them at bay.

Now all you have to do is show which is false. Wink

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 1:11pm

i would hope so.

Exactly. The noble capitalists should let Fat Steve and Janeen pay for it.

To he who has all, more shall be given, no?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 1:14pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Oct 17th, 2019 at 1:04pm:
i would hope so.

Excuse me?

Troll on somewhere else.

aquascoot has no respect for the law.

He has said many, many times in this forum that he admires people who break the law and he even encourages others to do so.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #6 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 1:50pm

lee wrote on Oct 17th, 2019 at 1:10pm:
So apparently two sets of books. One for tax and one for lenders. Better to show lenders improved figures if you want to keep them at bay.

Now all you have to do is show which is false. Wink

Are you suggesting an open investigation into Trump's businesses to go along with his Taxes?

Great idea, I'm all in too.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 2:14pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Oct 17th, 2019 at 1:50pm:
Are you suggesting an open investigation into Trump's businesses to go along with his Taxes?

Jumping to conclusions petal. If it was the lenders that the books were wrong for and he maintained the payments there is no fraud.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 2:18pm

Everything about Donald Trump and his life is a fraud/fake/deception.

Marriages

Businesses

Height

Weight

IQ

Medical Records

School Records

Hair

Religion

Military Service

Employee records

Why would his tax documents be any different?

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 3:30pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 17th, 2019 at 2:18pm:
Everything about Donald Trump and his life is a fraud/fake/deception.

Marriages

Businesses

Height

Weight

IQ

Medical Records

School Records

Hair

Religion

Military Service

Employee records

Why would his tax documents be any different?

agreed.

and yet he is in the white house with the whole world reacting to his every move and you are on ozpolitics with a few lefties nodding their head in your direction.

you should study that for about 5 years  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 3:31pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 17th, 2019 at 1:14pm:
i would hope so.

Excuse me?

Troll on somewhere else.

He has said many, many times in this forum that he admires people who break the law and he even encourages others to do so.

julius ceasar stood on the banks of the rubicon and "broke the law' as he led his army to rome to take on the ruling elites.
most men of action are rule breakers by definition

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #11 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 3:47pm

lee wrote on Oct 17th, 2019 at 2:14pm:
SadKangaroo wrote on Oct 17th, 2019 at 1:50pm:

Jumping to conclusions petal. If it was the lenders that the books were wrong for and he maintained the payments there is no fraud.

There's only one way to find out, audit his business and tax records.  We already have his former Lawyer in jail for cooking the books and he has testified how widespread it was, so there is just cause.

And your passive aggressive use of "petal" I think warrants an EatShitAndDie in return Smiley

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 3:51pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Oct 17th, 2019 at 3:47pm:
And your passive aggressive use of "petal" I think warrants an EatShitAndDie in return

Whatever floats your boat petal.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 4:01pm

aquascoot wrote on Oct 17th, 2019 at 3:31pm:
i would hope so.

Excuse me?

Troll on somewhere else.

julius ceasar stood on the banks of the rubicon and "broke the law' as he led his army to rome to take on the ruling elites.

Jeffrey Epstein was a man of action, and he was always breaking the rules.

Were you a fan?

Donald Trump was.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 4:49pm

aquascoot wrote on Oct 17th, 2019 at 3:31pm:
i would hope so.

Excuse me?

Troll on somewhere else.

Exactly. Julia's Caesar got rid of the Republic and put the Caesars in power. Why can't they do that in America? The whole American constitution thing is a load of old boots.

Great men - Manafort, Mike Cohen, Epstein, those four Ukrainians the elites just arrested - the leftards just want to bring them down, so unfair. These men live in a different realm to Fat Steve and Janeen, who wouldn't know a Lebanese cucumber from a McDonalds pickle, it's ridiculous.

Mr Trump's friends have taste. Luxury yachts, gold toilets, fake Renoirs, you name it. While Fat Steve and Janeen sit out on their porches complaining all day, Mr Trump's go-getting friends live the good life. Well, they did before the elites got to them, anyway.

No, as you've always said, there should be different laws for awesome men like the Donald. Bring back the Roman Empire, I say.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print