SerialBrain9
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Just Awful :(
Oct 18th, 2019 at 7:54am

Quote:
Always Remember Joe Biden Misled Everyone About Wife's Death,

Blamed Innocent Man for Years  Sad

When Joe Biden brought out the story of his confrontation with a gang member named “Corn Pop”  Cheesy during his time as a lifeguard at a Baltimore pool, it’s interesting how quickly Democrat leaders knew to come to his defense.

There was a gang member in Baltimore with the moniker Corn Pop, they pointed out! The local NAACP chairman backed up his story! There was an obituary for a notorious dude who had that nickname! See, Biden’s not lying!

There was a reason behind the decided quickness with which everyone rushed to Biden’s side: People don’t trust his version of events on pretty much anything. Biden’s campaign-trail anecdotes and stories don’t just have the tocsin of untruth about them. They’re sometimes painfully fake.

The most obvious example of this is a fabricated story he told about a war hero that was, at best, a composite. At worst? The Washington Post may have described it best: “In the space of three minutes, Biden got the time period, the location, the heroic act, the type of medal, the military branch and the rank of the recipient wrong, as well as his own role in the ceremony.”

Something like that is ultimately harmless, though. I know that may sound strange, but think about it: No one’s reputation has been denigrated.

The same can’t be said for the sad case of Curtis C. Dunn.

To be fair, Dunn was involved in what’s easily the most traumatic event of Biden’s life. In December of 1972, mere weeks after Biden was elected to the Senate for his first term in an upset victory, his first wife and daughter were killed in a car accident while Christmas shopping.

Dunn was the truck driver who hit them. According to the Newark (Delaware) Post, Neilia Biden drove the car into the path of Dunn’s tractor-trailer for reasons unknown, perhaps having to do with her head being turned.

Dunn apparently did everything possible to avoid a collision, according to reports, even overturning his truck in the process. He was also the first person to render assistance at the scene.

This is where reality and Joe Biden diverge, however, and in a profoundly reprehensible manner.

To hear Biden tell it — at least for a very long time — Dunn’s drinking had played a part in the accident.

“A tractor-trailer, a guy who allegedly — and I never pursued it — drank his lunch instead of eating his lunch, broadsided my family and killed my wife instantly and killed my daughter instantly and hospitalized my two sons,” he said at a 2007 event in Iowa.

In 2001, meanwhile, Biden talked about how Dunn was “an errant driver who stopped to drink instead of drive and hit a tractor-trailer, hit my children and my wife and killed them.”

This was a common story Biden would peddle during the early part of the millennium. The problem is that, from all evidence, it was totally untrue.

Dunn was not only cleared by law enforcement but some of his most vociferous defenders were those involved in the case.

“The rumor about alcohol being involved by either party, especially the truck driver [Dunn], is incorrect,” former Delaware Superior Court Judge Jerome O. Herlihy, who oversaw the investigation as a prosecutor, said in 2008 as the story was again recirculating.

Herlihy was terser when talking about the accident to Politico: “She had a stop sign. The truck driver did not.”

“In the end,” he said, “I concurred in their decision that there was no fault on his part.”

Keep in mind that most of this happened after Dunn’s death in 1999, too. Pamela Hamill, one of his seven children, went public with her anger after the story began getting repeated ad nauseam around the time of Biden’s nomination as Barack Obama’s vice-presidential candidate.

“I just burst into tears,” Hamill said of hearing the clip of how her father “drank his lunch” before the accident.

“The story already is tragic enough, why did he have to sensationalize it by saying my father was drunk? My family is outraged.”

To make things worse, she said that she had sent Joe Biden a message of support in the aftermath of 9/11 lauding his remarks. He responded with a note that said, in part, “All that I can say is I am sorry for all of us and please know that neither I or my sons feel any animosity whatsoever.”

A 2010 profile of Biden in The Atlantic said that Biden — still technically the Democrat frontrunner — “has the limber storyteller’s tendency to stretch.”

That may be fine when you’re talking about “Corn Pop” and composite stories about war heroes. When you’re accusing someone of drunk driving in an accident where your wife and daughter were killed, that’s awfully close to libel. He blamed an innocent man for years despite the fact that all of the evidence showed Dunn hadn’t done anything wrong.

“Suppose he becomes the next vice president,” Hamill said in 2008. “Movies could be made about him and books could be written about him, all falsely portraying my father as a drunk driver. We need to set the record straight and clear my father’s name right now before this goes any further.”

She did, and that played a role in alerting us to how far this “limber storyteller” will go.

Beware the Fury of a Patient Man.

IP Logged

SerialBrain9
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Just Awful :(
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 7:55am

IP Logged

SerialBrain9
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 8:07am

Quote:
Why Is Media Allowing Joe Biden to Lie About Drunk Driver Killing His First Wife?

We must say up front that we sympathize with Vice President Biden for the loss of his wife and infant daughter in a 1972 car crash.  It is, however, unfortunate that Biden himself lacks the common decency not to misuse and pervert the memory of his spouse and child for political gain, and not to misuse the resources of the U.S. Senate to inflict pain on an innocent family for the same reason.

As reported by Inside Edition, a police investigation of the accident showed that Mrs. Biden pulled into an intersection after she failed to notice an oncoming tractor trailer, which apparently had the right of way.  The truck's driver, Curtis Dunn, put his own life at risk in an effort to avoid the collision; he twisted the wheel so hard that he overturned his vehicle.  Delaware Online adds emphatically that neither driver had consumed alcohol

Senator Biden, as reported by the New York Times, nonetheless chose to publicly and falsely accuse Mr. Dunn of killing Biden's wife and child while driving drunk (emphasis added):

"Let me tell you a little story," Mr. Biden told the crowd at the University of Iowa. "I got elected when I was 29, and I got elected November the 7th. And on Dec. 18 of that year, my wife and three kids were Christmas shopping for a Christmas tree. A tractor-trailer, a guy who allegedly -- and I never pursued it -- drank his lunch instead of eating his lunch, broadsided my family and killed my wife instantly, and killed my daughter instantly, and hospitalized my two sons, with what were thought to be at the time permanent, fundamental injuries."

A false accusation of a crime such as killing somebody while driving drunk is of course automatically libel or slander, but Mr. Biden waited until Mr. Dunn had died of natural causes to make this accusation. 

A dead person cannot sue for defamation, nor can his family sue on his behalf,

which means Biden attacked somebody who could not defend himself. 

This makes Barack Obama's running mate a coward as well as a liar.

Mr. Dunn is not in a position to care what Biden said about him, but he left a daughter (Pamela Hamill) and doubtless other family members who do care. 

These are ordinary Americans who do not have the power and media access of a United States senator, who used his Senate website to perpetrate his malicious defamation of Ms. Hamill's father (emphasis added):

To the loved ones of the victims [of 9/11], there is nothing really we can say to erase this tragedy.

And, those of you who think it's presumptuous of me to say that ... in a different circumstance, I got one of those phone calls. I got one of those phone calls like Davis Sezna got. I got a phone call saying, "Your wife's dead; your daughter's dead." And I've only said that three times in public before.

But, I say it here because it's so important for you to understand. I got one of those phone calls.

It was an errant driver who stopped to drink instead of drive and hit a tractor-trailer, hit my children and my wife and killed them.

It wasn't an airplane, but it was a phone call: "They're dead." And, I can tell you from experience, and some of you can, too, that feeling that inside your chest is a black hole and you're being sucked inside it. I know from experience there's nothing in the near term we can do to bring solace, relief or peace to those people.

What a rotten front bottom  Angry

https://www.meetup.com/en-AU/patrioticsingles/messages/42909122/?messageId=42909...

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #3 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 8:33am

Lying is OK remember Serial.  Trump lies all the time.

You defending his lies, so you can't speak out about the lies of others, even if true, which because it's come from you and the source you got it from it's doubtful.

I support Trump accusing the wrong 5 black men for decades also makes him a front bottom?

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 8:37am

SadKangaroo wrote on Oct 18th, 2019 at 8:33am:

You defending his lies, so you can't speak out about the lies of others, even if true, which because it's come from you and the source you got it from it's doubtful.

I support Trump accusing the wrong 5 black men for decades also makes him a front bottom?

He lied about Obama not having a valid birth certificate too. In fact, you could say he made a career out of it.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #5 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 8:39am

AiA wrote on Oct 18th, 2019 at 8:37am:

He lied about Obama not having a valid birth certificate too. In fact, you could say he made a career out of it.

Taxes, Loan Applications, the worth of the degrees from his University, the quality of his steaks, the weather, hurricanes, his worth, his education and results, my god the list is enormous.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #6 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 8:41am

SerialBrain9 wrote on Oct 18th, 2019 at 7:54am:
Quote:
Always Remember Joe Biden Misled Everyone About Wife's Death,

Blamed Innocent Man for Years  Sad

When Joe Biden brought out the story of his confrontation with a gang member named “Corn Pop”  Cheesy during his time as a lifeguard at a Baltimore pool, it’s interesting how quickly Democrat leaders knew to come to his defense.

There was a gang member in Baltimore with the moniker Corn Pop, they pointed out! The local NAACP chairman backed up his story! There was an obituary for a notorious dude who had that nickname! See, Biden’s not lying!

There was a reason behind the decided quickness with which everyone rushed to Biden’s side: People don’t trust his version of events on pretty much anything. Biden’s campaign-trail anecdotes and stories don’t just have the tocsin of untruth about them. They’re sometimes painfully fake.

The most obvious example of this is a fabricated story he told about a war hero that was, at best, a composite. At worst? The Washington Post may have described it best: “In the space of three minutes, Biden got the time period, the location, the heroic act, the type of medal, the military branch and the rank of the recipient wrong, as well as his own role in the ceremony.”

Something like that is ultimately harmless, though. I know that may sound strange, but think about it: No one’s reputation has been denigrated.

The same can’t be said for the sad case of Curtis C. Dunn.

To be fair, Dunn was involved in what’s easily the most traumatic event of Biden’s life. In December of 1972, mere weeks after Biden was elected to the Senate for his first term in an upset victory, his first wife and daughter were killed in a car accident while Christmas shopping.

Dunn was the truck driver who hit them. According to the Newark (Delaware) Post, Neilia Biden drove the car into the path of Dunn’s tractor-trailer for reasons unknown, perhaps having to do with her head being turned.

Dunn apparently did everything possible to avoid a collision, according to reports, even overturning his truck in the process. He was also the first person to render assistance at the scene.

This is where reality and Joe Biden diverge, however, and in a profoundly reprehensible manner.

To hear Biden tell it — at least for a very long time — Dunn’s drinking had played a part in the accident.

“A tractor-trailer, a guy who allegedly — and I never pursued it — drank his lunch instead of eating his lunch, broadsided my family and killed my wife instantly and killed my daughter instantly and hospitalized my two sons,” he said at a 2007 event in Iowa.

In 2001, meanwhile, Biden talked about how Dunn was “an errant driver who stopped to drink instead of drive and hit a tractor-trailer, hit my children and my wife and killed them.”

This was a common story Biden would peddle during the early part of the millennium. The problem is that, from all evidence, it was totally untrue.

Dunn was not only cleared by law enforcement but some of his most vociferous defenders were those involved in the case.

“The rumor about alcohol being involved by either party, especially the truck driver [Dunn], is incorrect,” former Delaware Superior Court Judge Jerome O. Herlihy, who oversaw the investigation as a prosecutor, said in 2008 as the story was again recirculating.

Herlihy was terser when talking about the accident to Politico: “She had a stop sign. The truck driver did not.”

“In the end,” he said, “I concurred in their decision that there was no fault on his part.”

Keep in mind that most of this happened after Dunn’s death in 1999, too. Pamela Hamill, one of his seven children, went public with her anger after the story began getting repeated ad nauseam around the time of Biden’s nomination as Barack Obama’s vice-presidential candidate.

“I just burst into tears,” Hamill said of hearing the clip of how her father “drank his lunch” before the accident.

“The story already is tragic enough, why did he have to sensationalize it by saying my father was drunk? My family is outraged.”

To make things worse, she said that she had sent Joe Biden a message of support in the aftermath of 9/11 lauding his remarks. He responded with a note that said, in part, “All that I can say is I am sorry for all of us and please know that neither I or my sons feel any animosity whatsoever.”

A 2010 profile of Biden in The Atlantic said that Biden — still technically the Democrat frontrunner — “has the limber storyteller’s tendency to stretch.”

That may be fine when you’re talking about “Corn Pop” and composite stories about war heroes. When you’re accusing someone of drunk driving in an accident where your wife and daughter were killed, that’s awfully close to libel. He blamed an innocent man for years despite the fact that all of the evidence showed Dunn hadn’t done anything wrong.

“Suppose he becomes the next vice president,” Hamill said in 2008. “Movies could be made about him and books could be written about him, all falsely portraying my father as a drunk driver. We need to set the record straight and clear my father’s name right now before this goes any further.”

She did, and that played a role in alerting us to how far this “limber storyteller” will go.

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 8:50am

SadKangaroo wrote on Oct 18th, 2019 at 8:39am:
AiA wrote on Oct 18th, 2019 at 8:37am:

Taxes, Loan Applications, the worth of the degrees from his University, the quality of his steaks, the weather, hurricanes, his worth, his education and results, my god the list is enormous.

Light only got a certificate from Trump University rather than a degree but is still undertaking his studies at AMBLA.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print