Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Doctors Freeze and Reanimate Humans (Read 559 times)
it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Doctors Freeze and Reanimate Humans
Nov 24th, 2019 at 12:28pm

Doctors Have Officially Frozen And Reanimated A Human Being For The First Time

One of the biggest problems with exploring the furthest reaches of space is the sheer time scale involved. Without a breakthrough in physics that would allow human beings to enter a state of suspended animation (or faster than light travel), it wouldn't be possible.

But now, it looks like doctors have made progress with actually freezing and reviving human beings. Samuel Tisherman, a professor at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, has led a team that has actually put a human being into suspended animation,.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/doctors-have-officially-frozen-and-reanimated-h...

Doctors Have Officially Frozen And Reanimated A Human Being For The First Time

Profile picture for user Tyler Durden
by Tyler Durden
Fri, 11/22/2019 - 23:25
One of the biggest problems with exploring the furthest reaches of space is the sheer time scale involved. Without a breakthrough in physics that would allow human beings to enter a state of suspended animation (or faster than light travel), it wouldn't be possible.

But now, it looks like doctors have made progress with actually freezing and reviving human beings. Samuel Tisherman, a professor at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, has led a team that has actually put a human being into suspended animation, according to the Daily Star.

Tisherman told New Scientist that he replaced a human's blood with ice-cold saline solution. He called the whole ordeal "a little surreal". The patient was then removed from the cooling system and taken to an operating theater for a two hour surgical procedure before having their blood restored and their body warmed back up to its normal temperature.

Tisherman says he's going to be producing a full account of the procedure in a new scientific paper that will be released in 2020. He aims to pause life long enough to perform emergency surgery, rather than use the technology for space travel.

He recalled the story of a young man who, after being stabbed, didn't have enough time to make it to surgery: “He was a healthy young man just minutes before, then suddenly he was dead. We could have saved him if we’d had enough time. I want to make clear that we’re not trying to send people off to Saturn. We’re trying to buy ourselves more time to save lives.”

But, of course, it's only a matter of time until everybody's favorite "I can't keep my nose out of anyone's achievements and if you don't believe me, ask Vernon Unsworth" tech entrepreneur will weigh in on the issue and, undoubtedly, comment on how it can be used for space travel, and to further his own PR agenda.

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Doctors Freeze and Reanimate Humans
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2019 at 12:35pm

Cooling the body for operations is not new ...

Back in 2010:

This report on heart operations was made.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-11389464

I think cooling the body for operations is performed fairly regularly these days.

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Nov 24th, 2019 at 1:12pm

Jump in a space ship.
Go into a 'frozen' state like a New Zealand 'WETA' insect.
Then wake up at a distant destination (if the ship's batteries last that long) and find that Earth's population has since died of old age waiting for the news that you've made it.

Um, yeah - right. Not gonna work.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #3 - Nov 24th, 2019 at 1:26pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 24th, 2019 at 1:12pm:
Jump in a space ship.
Go into a 'frozen' state like a New Zealand 'WETA' insect.
Then wake up at a distant destination (if the ship's batteries last that long) and find that Earth's population has since died of old age waiting for the news that you've made it.

Um, yeah - right. Not gonna work.

It will work for shorter trips like Mars though

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Nov 24th, 2019 at 6:15pm

Humanity is not destined for the stars. We die here.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print