Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Homeland (Read 612 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Homeland
May 3rd, 2020 at 9:10pm

I've just got round to watch what has to be the series finale on SBS On Demand last night. Such a brilliant show. I HIGHLY recommend it.

And for those who've not seen it, Netflix now has the series starting at season 1, not halfway through as they previously and bizarrely.had it up.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Homeland
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2020 at 11:00pm

yes, it is a great show

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #2 - May 4th, 2020 at 4:56am

Watched homeland recently (havent seen the finale). I was surprised it wasnt as propagandish as i expected from the name.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 5th, 2020 at 4:27pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 4th, 2020 at 4:56am:
Watched homeland recently (havent seen the finale). I was surprised it wasnt as propagandish as i expected from the name.

Spot

No, quite the opposite in fact. I found it to be rather scathing of US interference in the Middle East and more than a little sympathetic to those that call it their home.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 5th, 2020 at 5:41pm

It's the American re-make of an Israeli series. Prisoners of War.  Fauda, another original Israeli series is also available on Netflix. 

I have not seen an American remake that was better than the original, except perhaps one.  La cage aux Folles with Robyn Williams,

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - May 5th, 2020 at 6:40pm

Frank wrote on May 5th, 2020 at 5:41pm:
I have not seen an American remake that was better than the original,

Shameless

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

York Hunt
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 5th, 2020 at 6:41pm

mothra wrote on May 5th, 2020 at 4:27pm:

Spot

No, quite the opposite in fact. I found it to be rather scathing of US interference in the Middle East and more than a little sympathetic to those that call it their home.

Oh yes indeedy it was lovely the way they humanised and gave the leader of the Taliban a warm and compassionate face. I'm sure all the women who suffered under their brutality would have been clapping right along with you.

And then we have our heroin, Carrie, one of CIA's top operatives dashing off to the arms of a top GRU operative and living happily ever after, and Carrie, all done up like a Russian hooker being able to steal intel.

If you think that passes for good story telling, you're about as wobbly as Carrie Mathison's chin.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - May 5th, 2020 at 8:58pm

Imagine, a human being being humanised. How dare they.

You must have missed where Saul tore into him about the treatment of women under the Taliban, and his reply.

I feel sorry for writers, creating all this nuance, lost on so many viewers.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 6th, 2020 at 9:26am

Quote:
mothra wrote on May 5th, 2020 at 4:27pm:

Spot

Oh yes indeedy it was lovely the way they humanised and gave the leader of the Taliban a warm and compassionate face. I'm sure all the women who suffered under their brutality would have been clapping right along with you.

And then we have our heroin, Carrie, one of CIA's top operatives dashing off to the arms of a top GRU operative and living happily ever after, and Carrie, all done up like a Russian hooker being able to steal intel.

If you think that passes for good story telling, you're about as wobbly as Carrie Mathison's chin.

I don't believe I've seen York Hunt before.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print