Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Di Natale's replacement! (Read 14205 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Di Natale's replacement!
Reply #15 - Jun 20th, 2020 at 2:37pm

You mean the kranky wrinkle face?

IBI

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #16 - Jun 20th, 2020 at 2:41pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 20th, 2020 at 2:37pm:
You mean the kranky wrinkle face?

My mistake a yankee doodle chef not a pommie!

Grin Grin Grin

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #17 - Jun 21st, 2020 at 11:21am

Been decades now and they're still acting like Greenhorns in Politics.

Where's the Moderator for this Board btw ?  Huh
I have a complaint to make.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #18 - Jun 21st, 2020 at 12:53pm

Sing-a-long time!  Cool

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 5:05pm

She is now known as 'Lidiot'.  Grin

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - May 28th, 2024 at 8:30am

As a niche-interest protest party, the Greens care little about the impact their hardline positions would have on ordinary Australians. The undergraduate and destructive stance taken by Greens leader Adam Bandt on the October 7 terrorist attacks by Hamas against Israel is proof enough of the harm the far-left party poses to Australia’s community cohesion.

The inflammatory detour into foreign policy is calculated to embarrass Anthony Albanese but, as outrageous as the anti-Israel stand is, it is only part of a bigger threat that the Greens represent to our national identity and good government. When allowed to get close to the levers of power – as they did in de facto coalition with the Gillard Labor government, and with a balance-of-power position in the federal Senate today – the Greens are exposed for the wreckers they are.

The Albanese government has yet to prove it has the substance to stand up to the Greens. Its record to date is one of being too eager to cut a deal or shy away from a fight. Good policy – most recently legislation to give certainty to the offshore gas industry and discourage unjustified lawfare attacks by protest groups – has been put on ice to appease the Greens. Changes to the nation’s environmental laws have been delayed because it is too difficult to find a sensible way to allow development and protect the natural world, something business supports.

Labor already has said it will delay introducing legislation for its $13.7bn package of production credits for hydrogen producers and critical minerals processing announced in the federal budget to allow time to negotiate with the Greens. Whatever one may think about the Albanese government’s corporate subsidy agenda, the Greens will only make it worse.

The Greens have pledged to use their balance-of-power position to frustrate the government’s wider agenda. This includes housing, where by focusing on renters the Greens have outflanked the federal government electorally in its inner-city seats. Voters must heed the lessons of the minor parties. For all the high ideals expressed before the last election, the teals have failed to make an impression. The Greens, once again, have shown by their actions they will only make our politics and economy poorer for their interventions.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print