Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Last day of voting (Read 6678 times)
Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Re: Last day of voting
Reply #15 - Jun 28th, 2020 at 9:40pm

Might as well add here: I have no intention of running for Mod of any other MRB. I have too much to do in relation to my block of land in Tasmania with nearly 50 trees on order.

C&Cs will be nice, not demanding and when I get another puppy in October-November will begin puppy school then basic Obedience then agility & tracking, plenty hilarious escapades to relate, no doubt.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #16 - Jun 28th, 2020 at 9:52pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 28th, 2020 at 9:40pm:
Might as well add here: I have no intention of running for Mod of any other MRB. I have too much to do in relation to my block of land in Tasmania with nearly 50 trees on order.

C&Cs will be nice, not demanding and when I get another puppy in October-November will begin puppy school then basic Obedience then agility & tracking, plenty hilarious escapades to relate, no doubt.

That’s lovely, a new puppy, what type do you have in mind?
I’m still unable to get another dog, trying to get over my grief since Hutchy was euthanised. I took him to the wrong person, I found out they call that vet Dr. Death, so you can imagine my heartbreak, my guilt, my regret.
My daughter keeps sending me cute dog pictures to cheer me up.
Like this gorgeous picture.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #17 - Jun 28th, 2020 at 9:57pm

it's 32 to 31 -  Monk needs only 2 votes to win.

10 hours and 18 minutes  to go.

I hope all the sock puppet votes are found and subtracted.

Please vote for JaSin.
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2020 at 10:23pm by Bobby. »  

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #18 - Jun 28th, 2020 at 9:58pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 28th, 2020 at 9:13pm:
Bit late to worry about that now, eh?

The elections so far have been disasters for the most part. I did advocate that:

1. Each candidate puts up a platform.

2. Voting is done by Members posting “I vote for XYZ”

But nah, couldn’t listen to me, eh?

You sure? You were complaining about members that don't post anymore, voting. Not that hard to do, you might drop some votes though.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Reply #19 - Jun 28th, 2020 at 10:03pm

You are a marketing genius.

Some people make the effort to come here to vote, people in good standing, not banned etc, and you will welcome their return by removing their votes.

Then these people will NEVER EVER come back again.

As I said: genius! But I meant it sarcastically you know? Sooner FD replaces you with (e.g.) Sad Kangaroo the better off this forum will be.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #20 - Jun 28th, 2020 at 10:10pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 28th, 2020 at 10:03pm:
You are a marketing genius.

Some people make the effort to come here to vote, people in good standing, not banned etc, and you will welcome their return by removing their votes.

Then these people will NEVER EVER come back again.

As I said: genius! But I meant it sarcastically you know? Sooner FD replaces you with (e.g.) Sad Kangaroo the better off this forum will be.

Hey, it was Mimo calling it cheating that people came back to vote and you saying it seems to drag back long non-active members, just suggesting a way to fix it. No need to get your knockers in a knit. Or is it only OK when they vote for you?

IP Logged

Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Reply #21 - Jun 28th, 2020 at 10:13pm

Sophia wrote on Jun 28th, 2020 at 9:52pm:

I’m still unable to get another dog, trying to get over my grief since Hutchy was euthanised. I took him to the wrong person, I found out they call that vet Dr. Death, so you can imagine my heartbreak, my guilt, my regret.

https://i.imgur.com/SFPQ0O9.png

After an Australian terrier, a chihuahua and another little terrier I was thinking of a bigger dog—but if it jumped up at Mum in greeting it could knock her down. So another small dog and if so then a terrier, mix of 2-3 terriers, a mongrel. Will get it from the pound, hopefully.

Terriers have more character!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Reply #22 - Jun 28th, 2020 at 10:15pm

I think it is sooooo cuuuuuttttttteeeeeeee when Booby calls JohnSmith Mimo. He wants his pat on the head, why not give it to him?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Reply #23 - Jun 28th, 2020 at 10:18pm

Would it not be nice to try and build something when someone comes back to vote? A PM or email thanking them?

In business I found a thank you note a wonderful tool to increase sales and build better relationships with clients. They treasured them and pinned them up! (and if you stuffed up immediately contact the client, promise to fix, then fix then send install the fix. Then send a thank you letter!)

Just saying: stop being snide and try to build bridges?

Why was Aussie banned?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #24 - Jun 28th, 2020 at 10:21pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 28th, 2020 at 10:18pm:
Would it not be nice to try and build something when someone comes back to vote? A PM or email thanking them?

In business I found a thank you note a wonderful tool to increase sales and build better relationships with clients. They treasured them and pinned them up! (and if you stuffed up immediately contact the client, promise to fix, then fix then send install the fix. Then send a thank you letter!)

Just saying: stop being snide and try to build bridges?

Why was Aussie banned?

Meh, it wasn't me complaining they came back to vote.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jun 28th, 2020 at 10:31pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 28th, 2020 at 6:32pm:
Gordon has made accusations or taunts of bestiality. That is a matter of fact, cods. “When you said ‘eat’ what did you mean?” or something close to that for one. I think Gordon demeans himself not me with that behavior,.

Better find something else.

how long ago!!!!!!!! is the problem   

but like I said

you never let go...

I knew someone years ago   who could remember every word that someone said either too her or about her that upset her...she carried those words around for years and years... so bitter so self serving...she had  no  real friends...all she did was feel sorry for herself..

no one was game to tell her..

IP Logged

Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Reply #26 - Jun 28th, 2020 at 10:35pm

Why was Aussie banned?

Why not try to build bridges?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jun 28th, 2020 at 10:39pm

Setanta wrote on Jun 28th, 2020 at 9:10pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 28th, 2020 at 11:52am:
Elections do seem to drag long absent members back in, don’t they?

I think there are more voting here than in the election for Mod of Environment? Amazing, isn’t it? LOL!

The “Herbert” and “Setanta” candidacies are a bit suss LOL! So is Aussie’s latest banning, clearly meant to stop him campaigning for me  Smiley

I am having fun. I am, I hope, imparting a bit of knowledge. The sewer has put on a major campaign “Anyone but Monk” but I think, nevertheless, that I will be the victor tomorrow and OzPol the real winner. If I have the most real votes, which I believe I do then I will be the Mod here.

So not entirely a clean campaign against my candidature but if I win I win.

Yes, I can see some...  Wink
Do you think those that haven't posted in over 6 or 8 months should be removed from the vote?

I think it was me that brought it up when I saw the numbers.. my immediate thought was impossible...

even with socks...

I think 6 months is a bit short  people do get sick or move  and then restart.. but at least 12 months of not posting......

I dunno what do others think??....I think it should be put to the members   a bit late here but for the future...

if someone comes in to vote and havent posted in 5 years 

it doesnt say much for all those who do contribute on a regular basis.....

same goes for a mod who never posts  until it looks like they might lose their board

give aussie his due he does contribute.....and bobby posts all over the forum not just his own little world.. it all counts...

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #28 - Jun 28th, 2020 at 10:41pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 28th, 2020 at 10:13pm:
Sophia wrote on Jun 28th, 2020 at 9:52pm:

https://i.imgur.com/SFPQ0O9.png

After an Australian terrier, a chihuahua and another little terrier I was thinking of a bigger dog—but if it jumped up at Mum in greeting it could knock her down. So another small dog and if so then a terrier, mix of 2-3 terriers, a mongrel. Will get it from the pound, hopefully.

Terriers have more character!

I will keep that in mind, but I must say, Hutchy was unique, he was a Maltese x shitzu and for some reason, grew double the size of his siblings.
He had a lot of character and attitude, didn’t like people, except for us, and was an incredible protector and watch dog.
Yet very loving, aware and responsive.
When my son took him to puppy school, he was the smartest one there.
I always loved the “let’s shake hands” trick.
And when putting food in bowl, telling him to wait, and his eyes fixed on the food, waiting for the okay word.

We put up a doggie door as we looked after him in the last two years, and my sons wife would make some smart comment that her dads Bichon Frise (being a very young dog) worked out the doggy door quickly.
Well, it took Hutchy less than a day n half to work it out.
Huh, so there!
Such bitchin snobbery amongst some dog owners eh 😏
And he loved listening to music too.
I took a video of it thank goodness. My son asked me how do I know,
I explained and showed the video.
Also, he wanted to “talk” .... so cute, dog trying to talk.
So much I can say of the amazing and funny times of our lives with Hutchy.
Whenever we went to visit my son and his wife, I would greet a joyful happy Hutchy first 😂 I mean, that’s acceptable behaviour isn’t it?
They are like the eternal 3 year old, dogs are.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Reply #29 - Jun 28th, 2020 at 10:52pm

Yeah, eternal three year old.

Do you know an adult dog acts more like a wolf puppy than an adult wolf? Now, this is just something that came to me, some memory, and I would have to read up on it so take it with a pinch of salt right now.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Send Topic Print