Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Will the bottom fall out of home solar ? (Read 10168 times)
juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Will the bottom fall out of home solar ?
Reply #60 - Aug 28th, 2020 at 11:25am

BH I am so glad you are convinced.

And just in case.....

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #61 - Aug 28th, 2020 at 11:58am

If I can return it, do you know why theres a frequent need to urinate in hyperglycaemia?

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Aug 28th, 2020 at 12:40pm

Well Doctor,

According to Dr Google:-

When blood glucose levels (also called blood sugar levels) are too high, it's called hyperglycemia.

Signs & Symptoms of Hyperglycemia
The symptoms of hyperglycemia are similar to those that happen when someone is diagnosed with diabetes, such as:

Frequent urination: The kidneys respond to high levels of glucose in the bloodstream by flushing out the extra glucose in urine (pee). A child with diabetes who has hyperglycemia may need to pee more often and in larger volumes.

Extreme thirst: Kids with hyperglycemia who lose a lot of fluid from urinating often become very thirsty and may drink a lot in an attempt to prevent dehydration.

Weight loss despite increased appetite: Without enough insulin to help the body use glucose, the body breaks down muscle and stored fat in an attempt to provide fuel to hungry cells.

Fatigue: Because the body can't use glucose for energy properly, kids with hyperglycemia may be unusually tired.

https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/hyperglycemia.html

Why does diabetes make me urinate more often?

ANSWER:-
Normally your body reabsorbs glucose as it passes through your kidneys, but when diabetes raises your blood sugar, your kidneys may not be able to bring it all back in. This causes the body to make more urine. Because you're urinating so much, you can get thirsty. When you drink more, you'll also urinate more.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #63 - Aug 28th, 2020 at 1:06pm

Why does diabetes make me urinate more often?

ANSWER:-
Normally your body reabsorbs glucose as it passes through your kidneys, but when diabetes raises your blood sugar, your kidneys may not be able to bring it all back in. This causes the body to make more urine. Because you're urinating so much, you can get thirsty. When you drink more, you'll also urinate more.

If this was a 2 mark question you'd get 1/2 markl. Why does the body make more urine

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 4:08am

When there's extra sugar in the blood, the body siphons fluid from tissues in the body to help remove it. The excess sugar is filtered by the kidneys, which pulls water with it into the urine, leading to polyuria.

Excessive thirst and increased urination are common diabetes signs and symptoms. When you have diabetes, excess glucose — a type of sugar — builds up in your blood. Your kidneys are forced to work overtime to filter and absorb the excess glucose.

When your kidneys can't keep up, the excess glucose is excreted into your urine, dragging along fluids from your tissues, which makes you dehydrated. This will usually leave you feeling thirsty. As you drink more fluids to quench your thirst, you'll urinate even more.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #65 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 8:04am

1450142609567.jpg (51 KB | 29 )
1450142609567.jpg

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Sep 1st, 2020 at 10:59am

While home solar is becoming a dead end solar farms are still going strong for a few hours a day.

NT solar export project to create 'thousands of jobs'
27/08/2020

Technology Editor at the Australian David Swan says a new renewable energy project by Sun Cable will “create thousands of jobs and potentially create billions of dollars worth of investment in the economy”.

Sun Cable’s billion-dollar venture, backed by two of Australia’s richest people, Mike Cannon-Brookes and Andrew “Twiggy” Forrest, will build a 10-gigawatt solar array in the Northern Territory and send power to Singapore via an undersea cable.

“The work is already started and they reckon they will get it finished by 2023,” Mr Swan told Sky News.

“That one is going to absolutely huge and I think they are the sorts of projects that we should get behind.”

Forward Slash is presented by The Australian in partnership with IBM.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6184836250001

https://construction-property.com/australia-to-sell-solar-power-to-singapore-via...

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #67 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 7:27pm

Would members be so kind as to take a peek at their power bill and post...

Service to property charge  - cents@day
Peak Power    -  cents@kWh
Shoulder       -  cents@kWh
Off Peak        -  cents@kWh
Controlled load   -  cents@kWh
And if they have solar the FiT - cents@kWh

I'm guessing this will be different in different states but I'm trying to get a picture of what people pay/what are reasonable costs.

Here is my current power...

Electricity Charges Charges based on actual read
Your Plan Time of Use Solar (Ref:C1) NMI 44071984209
From 08 July 2020 to 17 July 2020 (10 days)
Total Solar* 700623323:1 0 65 65 -11.100 $7.22 Cr
Total Peak 700623323:2 0 11 11 33.800 $3.72
Total Shoulder 700623323:3 0 7 7 32.000 $2.24
Total Off Peak 700623323:4 0 26 26 18.900 $4.91
Total CL1 700623323:5 0 16 16 13.100 $2.10
Service to Property Charge 10 days $1.430 /day $14.30

« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2020 at 9:17pm by Setanta »  

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #68 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 4:12pm

Got our first power bill with solar feed back through the entire period covering 46 days  = $12.49. Solar FIT for that period $79.32.

I'm happy. Smiley

$8.35 of the $12.49 was GST.
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2020 at 4:33pm by Setanta »  

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #69 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 4:34pm

My power bills have been $0 for the past 6 months and will continue to be $0 for about the next 12 months thanks to our WA State government's $300 "EAP Boost Payment" and now another $600 per household from the Bell Resources litigation payout. Cool

Oh, where's juliar? Haven't seen him for ages. I'm missing my daily "entertainment".  Grin Roll Eyes

** Repeat Covid infections exercise our immune system in the same way that repeat concussions exercise our brain **

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #70 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 4:43pm

Carl D wrote on Nov 19th, 2020 at 4:34pm:
My power bills have been $0 for the past 6 months and will continue to be $0 for about the next 12 months thanks to our WA State government's $300 "EAP Boost Payment" and now another $600 per household from the Bell Resources litigation payout. Cool

Oh, where's juliar? Haven't seen him for ages. I'm missing my daily "entertainment".  Grin Roll Eyes

Lucky lad! The lowest of those, the $300 would see mine at zero for 12 months.

I don't know, maybe he got the boot from the LNPCo paid per post pool when the subsidies were cut. I won't miss him and I'm sure that won't be a minority of one view.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 4:57pm

Setanta wrote on Nov 19th, 2020 at 4:12pm:
Got our first power bill with solar feed back through the entire period covering 46 days  = $12.49. Solar FIT for that period $79.32.

I'm happy. Smiley

who are you with?

My last bill came in at $30 .. but only after I swapped to Energy Australia. I thing EA gave me $50 discount on that bill because I was a new customer. Even without that, it would still have been much better than when I was with Origin.

When I was with origin, my bill pre-solar were $600- $700, and then after I got the panels they dropped to $280 - $300 ... origin were ripping me off the wankers

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #72 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 5:14pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 19th, 2020 at 4:57pm:
Setanta wrote on Nov 19th, 2020 at 4:12pm:

I'm happy. Smiley

who are you with?

My last bill came in at $30 .. but only after I swapped to Energy Australia. I thing EA gave me $50 discount on that bill because I was a new customer. Even without that, it would still have been much better than when I was with Origin.

When I was with origin, my bill pre-solar were $600- $700, and then after I got the panels they dropped to $280 - $300 ... origin were ripping me off the wankers

We were with Red and the fit was 11.1ckWh(better than now- 10c) and I wasn't unhappy with them but I changed to another Au owned company that offsets carbon, small I think. Energy Locals.

It's the first bill with them so I'll see how they go.

IP Logged

Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Nov 21st, 2020 at 1:54pm

Johnnie wrote on Jul 29th, 2020 at 9:20pm:
The bottom fell out a long time ago, get 2 cents a feed in tariff and think yourself lucky, just make max use of the solar panels as often as possible for the good of the planet.

Agreed.

We already have a system here, which is battery-backed. The house runs off PV during the day, while the inverter also charges the battery. Depnding on the time of year, the battery is usually charged by midday or earlier.

Then, the battery runs the house through most of the night.

Next time we do such a system, it will be better-sized so that:

1) There is more battery, so that the house is almost entirely self-sufficient,

2) The excess is entirely consumed (both to charge the additional battery/batteries, AND power the HWS via an appliance relay or similar.

Ideally, we'd want to consume every watt of electricity we produce, and (almost) never tap the grid for any.

On the stuff linked above - esp. this bit Quote:
The reason for this is largely to do with the rampant popularity of rooftop solar, which accounts for more than 1200MW of capacity and is easily the biggest single source of generation in the system.

There's an argument that the existing "players" within the system (Generators, Transmitters and Retailers are trying to protect a business model now being threatened by "alternatives".

Fact is, they "gold plated" the Poles and Wires over many years, and charged all tht to the consumer. Prices rose. Home solar became viable, and people adopted it. Retail electricity prices rose. More people took up solar. Prices rose (again). And they continue.

People will continue to move away from the grid, as solar and - particularly battery - tech. gets cheaper.

Those who remain wholly and solely grid-connected will continue to pay more and more, to make up the revenue shortfall createde when people go "off grid' (or vastly reduce theur reliance on it).

There will come a tipping point, where the business  model of the current operators will, shall we say, be "challenged".

Not before time, frankly.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print