Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Microsoft installing keyloggers (Read 795 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Microsoft installing keyloggers
Aug 3rd, 2020 at 7:36am

Just did a big windows update. When I rebooted, there were a bunch of new security settings to review. All but one were turned off. The one that was turned on was to send "typed and inked" data to microsoft.

Pay attention.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Re: Microsoft installing keyloggers
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2020 at 7:51am

Thanks, fd.

Nothing's changed in my Windows 10 settings and I'm on the latest release (2004) fully up to date - clean install done about a month and a half ago.

Mind you, I always have all my privacy settings, etc. 'reinforced' with a separate privacy tool, in my case O&O's ShutUp10.

https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

ms.jpg (18 KB | 11 )
ms.jpg

** Repeat Covid infections exercise our immune system in the same way that repeat concussions exercise our brain **

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2020 at 7:59am

freediver wrote on Aug 3rd, 2020 at 7:36am:
Just did a big windows update. When I rebooted, there were a bunch of new security settings to review. All but one were turned off. The one that was turned on was to send "typed and inked" data to microsoft.

Pay attention.

Jesus Christ - Microsoft are criminals to even think of
having a key logger on your computer.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Aug 10th, 2020 at 9:45pm

ASIO adapts all incoming computers, laptops, etc - to meet 'australian standards'.  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 12:54am

Jasin wrote on Aug 10th, 2020 at 9:45pm:
ASIO adapts all incoming computers, laptops, etc - to meet 'australian standards'.  Wink

Do I look worried?  Mixing with you radicals might be a problem..... but that's what they interviewed me for... but the flunkies doing the keywork don't know that... they're not supposed to.... but I know I won't get a knock on the door at 3AM no matter how many alarms I trigger ...

YOU?

ASIO don't have the manpower to do that - they rely on 'agreements' with software and hardware suppliers......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print