Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Jews are horrible, horrible people.... (Read 19893 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Jews are horrible, horrible people....
Reply #195 - Dec 10th, 2020 at 3:44pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 8th, 2020 at 9:42am:
freediver wrote on Dec 7th, 2020 at 6:54pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 7th, 2020 at 9:40am:
freediver wrote on Dec 4th, 2020 at 6:59pm:
What exactly is your argument here Gandalf? That not dying reflects well on Islam?

I would say so, yes.

Islam took the most advanced civilisation on earth. A population that had lead the world in human development for about 10000 years. It turned it into the most backwards and oppressive society on earth.

But they didn't wipe themselves out, so you polish the turd. Next you will be telling us how wonderful AIDS is because it won't go away.

If they were as irrational and extreme as you make out, they would have either wiped themselves out, or been wiped out by someone else. Thats my point FD.

Shifting the goal-posts by resorting to your favourite ploy of historical revisionism doesn't address the fact that jews endured and prospered under Islamic rule for 1400 years - whereas the Nazis all but wiped them out of their lands in a decade. Yet you would have us believe that the two ideologies are identical in their intent towards jews.

Where are the Jews of Iran, Saudi, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia etc?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #196 - Dec 16th, 2020 at 11:55am

freediver wrote on Dec 10th, 2020 at 3:40pm:
Quote:
But getting back to the actual topic, I see you've given up on arguing that the muslims' intentions towards the jews were morally equivalent to the Nazi's intentions

What is the Muslims intentions towards the Jews?

There are nearly 2 billion of us FD. Would you like me to conduct a survey?

More useful though, would you agree that 1400 years of coexistence and cultural thriving gives a pretty good historical clue?

Quote:
How many Jews are currently alive in the Hejaz?

none. They are also absent from most of the arab world, sadly. Has nothing to do with my point though, or the idea that they wanted to enact mass genocide of them like the nazis.

For one thing, the nazis actively prevented jews from leaving the areas they controlled. Bit different to the mass evacuation of the jews from muslim lands after 1948, wouldn't you say?

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #197 - Dec 16th, 2020 at 11:56am

Frank wrote on Dec 10th, 2020 at 3:44pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 8th, 2020 at 9:42am:
freediver wrote on Dec 7th, 2020 at 6:54pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 7th, 2020 at 9:40am:
freediver wrote on Dec 4th, 2020 at 6:59pm:
What exactly is your argument here Gandalf? That not dying reflects well on Islam?

I would say so, yes.

Islam took the most advanced civilisation on earth. A population that had lead the world in human development for about 10000 years. It turned it into the most backwards and oppressive society on earth.

But they didn't wipe themselves out, so you polish the turd. Next you will be telling us how wonderful AIDS is because it won't go away.

If they were as irrational and extreme as you make out, they would have either wiped themselves out, or been wiped out by someone else. Thats my point FD.

Shifting the goal-posts by resorting to your favourite ploy of historical revisionism doesn't address the fact that jews endured and prospered under Islamic rule for 1400 years - whereas the Nazis all but wiped them out of their lands in a decade. Yet you would have us believe that the two ideologies are identical in their intent towards jews.

Where are the Jews of Iran, Saudi, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia etc?

Fun fact: the jews have a minimum quota in the Iranian parliament.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #198 - Dec 16th, 2020 at 6:11pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 16th, 2020 at 11:55am:
freediver wrote on Dec 10th, 2020 at 3:40pm:
Quote:
But getting back to the actual topic, I see you've given up on arguing that the muslims' intentions towards the jews were morally equivalent to the Nazi's intentions

What is the Muslims intentions towards the Jews?

There are nearly 2 billion of us FD. Would you like me to conduct a survey?

You could always refer to the Quran. What does it tell you is in store for the Jews?

Quote:
More useful though, would you agree that 1400 years of coexistence and cultural thriving gives a pretty good historical clue?

Slaughtering Jews is not coexistence Gandalf.

Quote:
Quote:
How many Jews are currently alive in the Hejaz?

none. They are also absent from most of the arab world, sadly. Has nothing to do with my point though,

Sure it does. Muhammad himself slaughtered Jews. And the Quran instructs Muslims to wipe them out from the Hejaz. And that's what Muslims did.

Quote:
For one thing, the nazis actively prevented jews from leaving the areas they controlled. Bit different to the mass evacuation of the jews from muslim lands after 1948, wouldn't you say?

So Muslims have a different method to achieve their final solution?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #199 - Dec 17th, 2020 at 9:15am

FD you are out of your depth when you start referencing the Quran.

Lets start with that quote commanding to "wipe them out from the Hejaz"

Chapter and verse if you could please.

freediver wrote on Dec 16th, 2020 at 6:11pm:

boring inane obtuseness is boring and inane.

Quote:

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #200 - Dec 17th, 2020 at 10:33am

I’ve said this before but I’ll say it again. Can we all stop for a moment and reflect upon what it is about innate features of our species that induces mindless, vicious tribalism no matter which ideology or religion is used as an excuse? This ‘Your tribe is nastier than mine’ has never been anything more than delusional propaganda.
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2020 at 11:59am by Ayn Marx »  

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #201 - Dec 17th, 2020 at 7:45pm

You honestly can't see the difference between the teachings and life of muhammad, versus the teachings and life of Christ?

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #202 - Dec 17th, 2020 at 8:18pm

moses wrote on Dec 17th, 2020 at 7:45pm:
You honestly can't see the difference between the teachings and life of muhammad, versus the teachings and life of Christ?

Not sure if that question is addressed to me but  - - - - The differences aren’t as significant as are the human weaknesses that induce collective delusions of any kind, religious, ideological or simply tribal. Until and unless we face the real dangers of groupthink our species will hurtle towards it’s own self induced extinction.
And do tell me, when are you going to dump the entirity of the Old Testament?
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2020 at 7:59am by Ayn Marx »  

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #203 - Dec 18th, 2020 at 8:56am

Ayn Marx wrote on Dec 17th, 2020 at 8:18pm:

Not sure if that question is addressed to me but  - - - - The differences aren’t as significant as are the human weaknesses that induce collective delusions of any kind, religious, ideological or simply tribal. Until and unless we face the real dangers of groupthink our species will hurtle towards it’s own self induced extinction.

The particular differences of particular teachings and examples aren't as significant as the sweeping abstractions of no place and time or particularity!?!?  And you think you have given a sharp insight when you have only fudged and avoided!!

Ideals, principals, coherence are important. Realising yourself along the ideals of Christ will make you a radically different man than trying the same with Mohammed as a guide.
It is not group think to read and incorporate into your life the best of your civilisation and to look at it critically and to look at all of human history. But you can only look, or begin to look, from your own civilisational perspective. You cannot look from nowhere.  It's no good and not smart to not look at ideals and principals.

Who would be a better man - one who followed Hume's teachings and example or one following Rousseau?
Same sort of question and blathering about group think and extinction in response just shows you to be a fool who reflexively switches to such safe banalities when asked concrete question.

« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2020 at 2:55pm by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #204 - Dec 18th, 2020 at 2:40pm

Ayn Marx wrote: Reply #202 - Yesterday at 8:18pm

Quote:
The differences aren’t as significant as are the human weaknesses that induce collective delusions of any kind, religious, ideological or simply tribal.

It's because of islamic ideology that thousands of innocent men women and children, are raped tortured and slaughtered by muslims as they strive to obey the qur'an, every single year.

The fact is that islam is a satanic ideology and the truth must be told about islam allah muhammad and the qur'an, if we are ever to have any semblance of peace on earth.

People always bring up the atrocities committed by men who were disobeying the teachings of Christ, as some sort of equation between the two beliefs.

Why do these people always try to hide the fact that the muslims committing atrocities are 100% obeying the teachings of muhammad in the qur'an.

Why do these people always try to hide the fact that anyone committing atrocities are 100% disobeying the teachings of Christ in the Bible?

The two beliefs are the anti-thesis of each other

There is a global problem of islamic terrorism, it in no way has anything to do with Christianity or any other belief, it is caused and motivated by the satanic teachings in the qur'an only.

Why try to step around this problem of islamic terrorism? Because that's the problem right now.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #205 - Dec 18th, 2020 at 7:11pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 17th, 2020 at 9:15am:
freediver wrote on Dec 16th, 2020 at 6:11pm:

boring inane obtuseness is boring and inane.

Especially if it gets in the way of the BS you are trying to spin about Muslims peacefully co-existing with Jews?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #206 - Dec 18th, 2020 at 10:02pm

Frank wrote on Dec 18th, 2020 at 8:56am:
Ayn Marx wrote on Dec 17th, 2020 at 8:18pm:

The particular differences of particular teachings and examples aren't as significant as the sweeping abstractions of no place and time or particularity!?!?  And you think you have given a sharp insight when you have only fudged and avoided!!

Ideals, principals, coherence are important. Realising yourself along the ideals of Christ will make you a radically different man than trying the same with Mohammed as a guide.
It is not group think to read and incorporate into your life the best of your civilisation and to look at it critically and to look at all of human history. But you can only look, or begin to look, from your own civilisational perspective. You cannot look from nowhere.  It's no good and not smart to not look at ideals and principals.

Who would be a better man - one who followed Hume's teachings and example or one following Rousseau?
Same sort of question and blathering about group think and extinction in response just shows you to be a fool who reflexively switches to such safe banalities when asked concrete question.

First, where did I make specific reference to the differences, or lack of such, between Christ’s teachings (as reported in the New Testament) and those of the teachings and life of Muhammad?
Secondly, if you imagine you’re going to impress anybody by dragging in Hume and Rousseau think again.
Thirdly this isn’t the place to discuss either Rousseau’s novels, essays, theories of social freedom, education, societal rights and religious thought nor Hume’s neo-skepticism.
Maybe you’d like to really wander off topic and discuss Descart & Locke’s philospophical Trojan horse and how some claim they led to this philosophical despair?  But hey, if we do take Hume at his word and attempt to apply his peculiar notions to this discussion, such as impressions arising from the senses and their ultimate cause (in his opinion) being inexplicable by human reason, we’ll unleash more absurd gibberish than I can be bothered with. You’re scating in thin ice.
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2020 at 10:11pm by Ayn Marx »  

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #207 - Dec 18th, 2020 at 10:18pm

Quote:
First, where did I make specific reference to the differences, or lack of such, between Christ’s teachings (as reported in the New Testament) and those of the teachings and life of Muhammad?

Would you like to have a go?

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #208 - Dec 19th, 2020 at 10:07am

freediver wrote on Dec 18th, 2020 at 10:18pm:
Quote:

Long ago I learnt there’s little if any point in debating theology with mindless true believers of any faith persuasion.
You might be well advised in cleaving to Romans Ch16 :V 17.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #209 - Dec 19th, 2020 at 10:47am

Ayn Marx wrote on Dec 19th, 2020 at 10:07am:
freediver wrote on Dec 18th, 2020 at 10:18pm:
Quote:

Long ago I learnt there’s little if any point in debating theology with mindless true believers of any faith persuasion.
You might be well advised in cleaving to Romans Ch16 :V 17.

You are halfway there.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18
Send Topic Print