Send Topic Print
Fit Shaming (Read 3491 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Fit Shaming
Reply #15 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 2:55pm

Bobby. wrote on Dec 20th, 2020 at 1:06pm:
The tradition of 3 meals a day is completely false.
We only need about 2,000 calories a day
which we could easily get from even one small meal.

A Maccas hamburger is already over 2,000 calories
and that's without the fries and the coke.
Some people would call that a snack.
No wonder people weigh too much.

a maccas burger isn't a meal you dope ...

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #16 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 3:00pm

John Smith wrote on Dec 20th, 2020 at 2:55pm:

It is something to eat between meals, that is why people are so F.A.T.  Grin

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 3:04pm

Neferti wrote on Dec 20th, 2020 at 3:00pm:
John Smith wrote on Dec 20th, 2020 at 2:55pm:

It is something to eat between meals, that is why people are so F.A.T.  Grin

I'll eat a maccas burger on occassion ... and I'm certainly not fat. Maybe people should just get off their lazy arses.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 3:17pm

I don't really do 'meals' if I can help it beyond participating with others who do so or to put on for visitors.
I mostly just nibble along the way these days.
Small amounts of food in a continuous nibble.
As we get older, our metabolism slows.
Many men who continue to eat like a younger male of -35 years of age, tend to develop quickly that 'pudge' and over-weight look. They also look more tired as their digestion takes more energy to consume.

The 'nibbling' came from Nursing. Taking a 1/2 hour break even, could put my entire duties behind in regards to patients and I only reserved any breaks to click my little battery alarm clock to wake me as I close my eyes and zone out - especially on long Graveyard shifts and Doubles (16hr). Also, nothing worse than that 'full' feeling of a 'meal' that makes me want to roll over like a lion under a tree after a feed, rather than getting back up to work. Unlike a more 'rested' feeling of using the break to just 'rest' body and mind. Occassionally when passing my Nursing Station or doing paperwork there - I would 'nibble'. Many fellow Staff did the same. It's a more efficient way of working.
Couldn't really do it in Construction. Always harder to get back to work that way than feeling refreshed.

If I get distracting hunger pains (like thirst) - I don't wait 3 hours to break time. I take another break of a block of chocolate or a few foil wrapped treats from a box as I'm walking past the 'stash' - mostly provided as a thankyou from Patients and Visitors. Perpetual motion and Cruise control - never stopping, never wilting from hunger. Never feeling 'over-tired' from a Meal and the digestive energy to deal with it as it also raises body temperature like coal to a furnace.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #19 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 5:34pm

Good one JaSin,
yes I've heard that people who successfully control their
weight just have 3 snacks a day and no full meals at all.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #20 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 5:49pm

The aim was to bring the fries back home ......

A Fridge Too Far

starring

Ham Berger
Ken Tuckey-Fried
Watta Porker
and
Sven Meelzaday

Next week on Grappler television re-visit we are showing the classic Hamburger Hill ... the story of nine days of slogging through a heap of Macca's .... they called it '937'... but it was only 936 burgers.... The Hill That Got Its Name From What It Turned Men Into...... Hills of Hamburger....
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2020 at 7:52pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Reply #21 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 5:50pm

Gordon wrote on Dec 20th, 2020 at 11:15am:
cods wrote on Dec 20th, 2020 at 11:13am:
America has a shocking record AiA   seeing those bums  the size of them  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  can be scary......yet they seem to be a badge of honor... the junk food industry has a lot to answer for..

Rural Australia is just as bad.

I do not understand. Rural Australia usually misses out on higher rates of obesity compared to regional and metropolitan Australia. My time out in Emerald and Longreach, you would rarely find anyone out there that is more than a bit overweight. The heat that they have to endure for 8 months of the year means that they have to keep their weight down.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #22 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 5:51pm

Grin Grin Grin

That's the first funny post I have seen from sourpuss, glum, Grappler.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Reply #23 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 6:17pm

Bobby. wrote on Dec 20th, 2020 at 5:34pm:
Good one JaSin,

The experience I have had over the years have been evidence that it is not about the size of meals they have per day. It is more about quality of the meals and number of meals. I do not know what you mean by the *type* of snacks you are having. Sandwiches, perhaps? But, if the snacks are not all that healthy, then you are not going to control your weight.

You can eat 3 meals a day and perhaps a few snacks. The only real conditions is that you eat low sugar meals and exercise with constructive activity and recreation to make sure you are not spiking your insulin levels too much that you end up gaining that weight.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #24 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 6:46pm

Hooray! Somebody finally mentioned exercise.
The other aspect of all this is the fact many people’s metabolism changes with age.
Often in middle age we burn up calories and absorb fat in ways that make weight control more difficult. Add to this so many of us in the west are sitting on our bums all day and living far longer thanks to advances in modern medicine. The result of these factors is how we eat, what we eat and when can take on a very different meaning as we age. When younger I spent a lot of time running in marathons and competing in triathlons. When my knees finally gave out with age and over-use I was very suddenly unable to eat vast amounts of anything that took my fancy. Took me a few years to figure out how radically I had to change my diet.
Not everyone though has the same metabolism. I have an eighty year old friend who exercised little yet eats whatever takes his fancy. Interestingly his normal body temp is a few degrees above average which may mean he’s ‘burning up’ what he eats faster.
It’s ironic we’re having this discussion whilst the majority of our species on this planet haven’t access to sufficient food.
That gets me onto the down side of the consumption of obscene amounts of meat in ‘advanced’ societies but I’ll leave that lecture alone - - for now.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 7:43pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Dec 20th, 2020 at 5:51pm:
Grin Grin Grin

That's the first funny post I have seen from sourpuss, glum, Grappler.

I don't believe I heard anyone asking you, laughing boy... for someone who claims to be mature enough to have visited China five times, you suddenly appear at Year's End when all the kiddy students are loosed upon an unsuspecting public, and proceed to carry on like a meth addict fixated on paranoid slagging of others ... amazing - even if you dwell in the body of someone old enough to have visited China five times - your mind and emotional state have a long way to go to catch up.

Nothing sourpuss about me - ask anyone who meets me and chats with me... I'm just very often right on the money......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 7:46pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Dec 20th, 2020 at 6:46pm:
Hooray! Somebody finally mentioned exercise.
The other aspect of all this is the fact many people’s metabolism changes with age.
Often in middle age we burn up calories and absorb fat in ways that make weight control more difficult. Add to this so many of us in the west are sitting on our bums all day and living far longer thanks to advances in modern medicine. The result of these factors is how we eat, what we eat and when can take on a very different meaning as we age. When younger I spent a lot of time running in marathons and competing in triathlons. When my knees finally gave out with age and over-use I was very suddenly unable to eat vast amounts of anything that took my fancy. Took me a few years to figure out how radically I had to change my diet.
Not everyone though has the same metabolism. I have an eighty year old friend who exercised little yet eats whatever takes his fancy. Interestingly his normal body temp is a few degrees above average which may mean he’s ‘burning up’ what he eats faster.
It’s ironic we’re having this discussion whilst the majority of our species on this planet haven’t access to sufficient food.
That gets me onto the down side of the consumption of obscene amounts of meat in ‘advanced’ societies but I’ll leave that lecture alone - - for now.

I used to be flat out 24/7/365 and very physically until 48, when I went down with a busted knee.... three years.... and then I developed heart troubles according to the family genetic structure - which I never expected.  So I ate like a hog and was built like a greyhound.... then ate like a hog and got a nice retirement tummy... my doctor thinks it's purely a beer belly, but I have a very high protein and carb diet generally, and not that much exercise these days.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 7:54pm

Coming up next on Grapplervision On Demand - the classic film One-Eyed Hungry Jack's, starring Marlon Brandy Custard and Karl Maltedmilk.... stay tuned ....tune in tomorrow night for our classic De Niro....Fatsy Driver..... followed by Top Bum ........

― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 8:03pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Dec 20th, 2020 at 6:46pm:
Hooray! Somebody finally mentioned exercise..

whadayamean finally?

Quote:
Maybe people should just get off their lazy arses.

Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #29 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 8:09pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Dec 20th, 2020 at 6:17pm:
Bobby. wrote on Dec 20th, 2020 at 5:34pm:
Good one JaSin,

The experience I have had over the years have been evidence that it is not about the size of meals they have per day. It is more about quality of the meals and number of meals. I do not know what you mean by the *type* of snacks you are having. Sandwiches, perhaps? But, if the snacks are not all that healthy, then you are not going to control your weight.

You can eat 3 meals a day and perhaps a few snacks. The only real conditions is that you eat low sugar meals and exercise with constructive activity and recreation to make sure you are not spiking your insulin levels too much that you end up gaining that weight.

Yes. It's not junk food... besides yum chocolate, which I can assure you in Nursing, gets used. A nice big Valencia orange is better than having x3 coffees on a shift.

It's definitely Quality over Quantity when you reach the slower metabolism of Middle-Age.
But lucky are those who get to enjoy a good quantity of quality food when they are young.
I still spend a bit more on quality healthier foods/drinks.
I don't go ridiculous on the latest boutique shop health gimmick food/drink though. In time, those prices come down as the 'stayers' keep on among the latest out.
I use McDonalds if I am sea-sick/motion-sick - it sits 'heavy' in the stomach and keeps things down.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print