Send Topic Print
5 pillars (Read 13839 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: 5 pillars
Reply #30 - Jan 9th, 2021 at 1:18pm

The catholic church is probably the best example of separation of church and state in Christianity. It is the most institutionalised of all of them, and the one you would most expect to get corrupted by the state, but is now a distinctly separate entity from the governments of Europe.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

JJ

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Jan 9th, 2021 at 1:41pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Jan 7th, 2021 at 7:58pm:
issuevoter wrote on Jan 7th, 2021 at 3:18pm:
moses wrote on Jan 6th, 2021 at 3:09pm:
Shahada says no god but allah.

If the pillars are the ultimate and not the qur'an, why don't the muslims denounce and purge the myriad of evil verses in the qur'an, which cause and motivate the thousands of rapes tortures and murders of innocent men women and children around the globe every year?

You might be lucky, but don't count on an answer. It would probably run something like this. "Then why don't the Christians . . . blah blah blah . . . Like Christians are machine-gunning and beheading people on the streets of civilised countries, because of some perceived insult to Christianity .
If The Enlightenment hadn’t shocked the church into the modern age Christians would still be persecuting anyone who disobeyed it's various sects vicious ‘moral' edicts. Give any religion sufficient control of government and it will run amok.
With God on your side, what’s to stop you? And don’t come that crap about Christ’s teachings. Until and unless all of the Christian world dumps the Old Testament and most Pauls obscene edicts you lot are in no position to preach morality to any of us.

And before anyone imagines I’m letting the Qur’an off the hook, yes that document consists of concentrated evil. However, to contrast that so called Holy Book with the Bible in an attempt to paint the church as pure as snow is no more than dishonest, theological sophistry.

Well, if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Christianity DID have a reformation and enlightenment and Christianity today is very unobtrusive in the lives of most people.

The Quran Is the Perfect, Infallible Word of God, that's the great big trip wire which stops Islamic progress and seeded the anti-intellectualism which sent Islam backwards while the western world progressed.

All religious texts have parts which are horror shows, but you need care less about what's actually in the texts but how strictly they're followed.

The followers of Islam are very adherent to their texts which micromanage every part of their lives, therefore, Islam is far more toxic in application than any other religion.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #32 - Jan 9th, 2021 at 1:47pm

The enlightenment, the industrial revolution, the scientific revolution, the eradication of slavery, the spread of modern democracy, the separation of church and state, the promotion of individual liberty as a foundation piece of the modern state etc, all happened in Christian Europe. None of them happened in the middle east or north africa (without interference from Europe and America).

This is not a coincidence. Islam is doctrinally hostile to these things. Christianity is either ambivalent, mixed, or supportive.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #33 - Jan 9th, 2021 at 3:36pm

freediver wrote on Jan 9th, 2021 at 1:47pm:
This is not a coincidence. Islam is doctrinally hostile to these things. Christianity is either ambivalent, mixed, or supportive.

You appear to believe Christianity is a single theology/doctrine when it’s a mongrel mix of often contradictory groups each believing God is on their side.
You can sidestep the problem by defining Christians as those who follow the techings of Christ in the New Testament. (if you believe such to be an accurate report) However, that leaves you with the problem of The Old Testament, a document almost as bloodthirsty as the Koran in parts.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Jan 9th, 2021 at 4:32pm

Ayn Marx wrote: Reply #33 - Today at 3:36pm
Quote:
You appear to believe Christianity is a single theology/doctrine when it’s a mongrel mix of often contradictory groups each believing God is on their side.

Christianity is following the doctrine and paragons of Christ.

He is the unchallenged supreme authority on the criteria of Christianity.

He also foretold that there would be Churches and men who would claim Christianity as their purpose, when in fact they were workers of iniquity.

He unequivocally stated that they are not His followers, they are not Christians.

So it's immaterial what men say and do, you either fit the criteria or you don't, if you don't you're not Christian.

Quote:
However, that leaves you with the problem of The Old Testament, a document almost as bloodthirsty as the Koran in parts.

A problem that was solved long ago Ayn.

Quote:
Deuteronomy 12:8 Ye shall not do after all the things that we do here this day, every man whatsoever is right in his own eyes.

Deuteronomy 12:9 For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God giveth you.

The Jews take this to mean that the many evil deeds the Hebrews pursued in the taking of the promised land, became null and void once they gained the promised land

The N.T. tells Christians:

Quote:
Luke 16:16  The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached , and every man presseth into it.

Puts a clear time frame on the ancient Mosaic law, it became redundant 2021 years ago.

As verified by the following:
Quote:
Rom 3:20  Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Rom 3:28  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Gal 2:16  Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Gal 3:11  But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

So the conclusion is?

The Jews and Christians long ago gave up their barbaric ways, as decreed by their books.

Conversely:

islam is still in the dark dim past, raping torturing and murdering people as an offering to their satanic god allah.

Obviously islam is the dregs, when it comes to societal rules and regulations.

Why do you keep trying to equate islam with Judaeo Christian ideology?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Jan 9th, 2021 at 5:10pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Jan 9th, 2021 at 11:16am:
freediver wrote on Jan 9th, 2021 at 10:08am:
Quote:
I’m no longer surprised when claims such as yours are made, claims that attempt to whitewash whatever branch of christianity. To suggest protestantism’s rise was somehow accompanied by a separation of church and state is beyond delusional.

Church and state were separated for the first few centuries of Christianity. The modern concept arose in Christian Europe. Europeans were just as concerned about the state corrupting the church as they were about the church corrupting the state. This happened in Europe rather than the middle east or north africa because there is no fundamental opposition to it within Christian doctrine. In fact, there is support.

Thanks for the lesson in church history.
However, when you throw around the phrase 'Christine doctrine’ you’re throwing a rock at a wasp’s nest. Which particular doctrine? Such covers a multitude of sins many of them having little if anything to do with Christ’s teachings (as we have them).
I get tired of this but I need to repeat every branch of Christianity that’s yet to dump the Old Testament is mired in theological mud. Not that the Old Testament is all rubbish. Exodus Ch 23: V 7 should give some warning of what’s to come in later chapters but it’s seldom read that way.

You can't have a New Testament unless you have an Old testament. New makes sense only if there is an old one to reference.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #36 - Jan 9th, 2021 at 5:20pm

Judaism was forced to change and modernise due to North America and Germany helping it along in Europe. Once displaced wandering Jews living off other nations without assimilating, then given a kick in the pants to find their own home: Israel.

The Moslems are still stuck in the past, but Australia and France will be the game changers for them soon. Once a mighty Empire, soon to become displaced wandering 'unarmed' people like what the Jews once were.

Can you see what's happening?  Wink

Sadly for the Moslems then - the Italians will get em as the Mafia (to be far worse than Nazis) will serve the 'gold' of the Vatican.
Millions of Moslems will be genocided with memories of their once great Empire nothing more than a mirage now. No nation will come to their aid because of their past. Praying to Allah to be saved from the slaughter by the Italians - only Israel will come to their aid ironically. An Israel that will defeat Italy and destroy the Vatican for good (as Italy returns to being 'just European' and no longer Christian, like it was before.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #37 - Jan 9th, 2021 at 5:27pm

moses wrote on Jan 9th, 2021 at 4:32pm:
Quote:

So, you define Christianity as a sect that follows ’the paragons of Christ'? I presume you mean Christ as paragon? No way can you claim all who regard themselves as Christians do so. In other words you have managed a slippery avoidance of all the central problems I’ve drawn attention to.

Quote:
Well, who else should be? It’s a circular argument.

Quote:
He also foretold that there would be Churches and men who would claim Christianity as their purpose, when in fact they were workers of iniquity.

He unequivocally stated that they are not His followers, they are not Christians.

So it's immaterial what men say and do, you either fit the criteria or you don't, if you don't you're not Christian.
And who decides which parts of the New Testament embody the correct criteria? Do you include Paul’s demented ravings or only those passages some claim are the words of Christ?

Quote:
However, that leaves you with the problem of The Old Testament, a document almost as bloodthirsty as the Koran in parts.

A problem that was solved long ago Ayn.

Quote:
Deuteronomy 12:8 Ye shall not do after all the things that we do here this day, every man whatsoever is right in his own eyes.

Deuteronomy 12:9 For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God giveth you.

The Jews take this to mean that the many evil deeds the Hebrews pursued in the taking of the promised land, became null and void once they gained the promised land

The N.T. tells Christians:

Quote:
Luke 16:16  The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached , and every man presseth into it.

Puts a clear time frame on the ancient Mosaic law, it became redundant 2021 years ago.

As verified by the following:
Quote:
Rom 3:20  Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Rom 3:28  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Gal 2:16  Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Gal 3:11  But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

So the conclusion is?

The Jews and Christians long ago gave up their barbaric ways, as decreed by their books.

The Jews gave up theire barbaric ways? May I suggest you focus on recent middle eastern events?

Quote:
Conversely:

islam is still in the dark dim past, raping torturing and murdering people as an offering to their satanic god allah.

Obviously islam is the dregs, when it comes to societal rules and regulations.

Why do you keep trying to equate islam with Judaeo Christian ideology?

That’s your interpretation of my words.

Your solution to the problem of the Old Testament is no more than sophistry and biblical apologetics. Given what you admit of it’s contents why is that text still read out from Christian pulpits and regarded as the Word of God? You can’t play the game of choosing which parts of the Bible are the Words of The Almighty and which aren’t. simply by asserting “Oh, the naughty bits can’t have been from God, only the good bits."
As to Islam being the dregs, yes , in many ways it is but so many of the religions followed by our species are evil documents. I fail to see why you continually need to place Islam at the top of your list of evil theologies.
In the end though this discussion is pointless given you’re a ’true believer’ in what you take to be your particular Lord’s words and the sadistic nature of his Father, who is actually himself.(If you swallow the fantastic idiocy of trinitarian theology.)
A deity who is supposed to possess omniscience yet grants free will to humanity fully aware where that would lead thus requiring the torture of Christ on the cross to redeem sins he made possible in the first place? Oh, I know, it’s a mystery whose twisted, sad-masochist morality we shouldn’t question.
Never mind, Mathew Ch 16, V 21 & 23 will let you off that particular hook.
This discussion is at an end.

« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2021 at 5:32pm by Ayn Marx »  

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #38 - Jan 9th, 2021 at 6:27pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Jan 9th, 2021 at 3:36pm:
freediver wrote on Jan 9th, 2021 at 1:47pm:

You can sidestep the problem by defining Christians as those who follow the techings of Christ in the New Testament. (if you believe such to be an accurate report) However, that leaves you with the problem of The Old Testament, a document almost as bloodthirsty as the Koran in parts.

Can you explain how you went from "ambivalent, mixed, or supportive" to "single theology/doctrine"?

No other religious text is as bloodthirst as the Quran. The Quran is an open-ended instruction to slaughter the infidel in the name of Islam. It is Nazi war propaganda.

Quote:
You can sidestep the problem by defining Christians as those who follow the techings of Christ in the New Testament.

After all that effort to make it seem complicated and inscrutable, you come up with something so simple and obvious...

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jan 10th, 2021 at 1:28pm

Ayn Marx wrote: Reply #37 - Yesterday at 5:27pm
Quote:
So, you define Christianity as a sect that follows ’the paragons of Christ'? I presume you mean Christ as paragon? No way can you claim all who regard themselves as Christians do so. In other words you have managed a slippery avoidance of all the central problems I’ve drawn attention to.

I am the one who is disputing your allegations that all men who say they are Christian actually are.

I am saying that man has to fit the criteria set down by Christ, to be a Christian.

Quote:
Well, who else should be? It’s a circular argument.

You agree that Christ is the supreme authority of Christianity, yet you say men who disobey his teachings actually are Christians, simply be cause they say they are?

Quote:
And who decides which parts of the New Testament embody the correct criteria? Do you include Paul’s demented ravings or only those passages some claim are the words of Christ?

The teachings of  Christ are the ultimate authority, if there is some doubt as to what to do.

Quote:
The Jews gave up their barbaric ways? May I suggest you focus on recent middle eastern events?

May I suggest to you that their doctrine tells them not to do the things required to take the promised land, these deeds are null and void. You seem to be trying to tell us that because some Jews may have acted wrongly this is the proof that their doctrine is evil.

Quote:
That’s your interpretation of my words.

Your solution to the problem of the Old Testament is no more than sophistry and biblical apologetics. Given what you admit of it’s contents why is that text still read out from Christian pulpits and regarded as the Word of God? You can’t play the game of choosing which parts of the Bible are the Words of The Almighty and which aren’t. simply by asserting “Oh, the naughty bits can’t have been from God, only the good bits."
As to Islam being the dregs, yes , in many ways it is but so many of the religions followed by our species are evil documents. I fail to see why you continually need to place Islam at the top of your list of evil theologies.
In the end though this discussion is pointless given you’re a ’true believer’ in what you take to be your particular Lord’s words and the sadistic nature of his Father, who is actually himself.(If you swallow the fantastic idiocy of trinitarian theology.)
A deity who is supposed to possess omniscience yet grants free will to humanity fully aware where that would lead thus requiring the torture of Christ on the cross to redeem sins he made possible in the first place? Oh, I know, it’s a mystery whose twisted, sad-masochist morality we shouldn’t question.
Never mind, Mathew Ch 16, V 21 & 23 will let you off that particular hook.
This discussion is at an end.

The bible explains that God is a spirit whose kingdom is within man, that man should worship in spirit and truth.

Men have spoken the words contained in the Bible.

The words of the Bible reflect the inner self of the various authors over assorted periods of time.

Spirit does exist right / wrong, does exist. The God of the Judaeo - Christian religions is meant to represent the Spirit of Righteousness.

I place islam at the top of the satanical list because its' commands to lie, thieve, commit pedophilia, rape, torture and slaughter are all being followed faithfully by muslims globally, right now the 21st century.

The Qur'an is the direct cause and  motivation of this present day evil behaviour, of the muslim islamists.

These atrocities will never stop until the world is honest about the teachings of islam allah muhammad and the qur'an.

Your smokescreens about other beliefs is not helping to stop these human rights atrocities at all, in fact your smokescreens are seen as moral support for the atrocities of the muslim islamists.
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2021 at 1:34pm by moses »  

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #40 - Jan 10th, 2021 at 1:48pm

moses wrote on Jan 9th, 2021 at 4:32pm:
Quote:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me, looks like you've just damned yourself with your own words, Moses.  You cannot claim to be Christian because you do not follow what Christ taught.  You are a zealot who believes he is a Christian but you only believe that because it means you can persecute innocent people.  You, sir, are a Fascist of the first order.  You are no better than the Nazis who persecuted the Jews for being, well, Jewish and prosperous.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #41 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 10:44am

freediver wrote on Jan 8th, 2021 at 6:47pm:
Quote:
I'm obviously only talking about genuine believing muslims.

Yes Gandalf. The genuinely believing ones believe. But do you have a point? Or was it lost in your hubris?

Um yes FD. You said its possible to "satisfy all 5 tenets without believing anything". I pointed out that this is completely nonsensical given that the first tenet is literally all about belief. You then responded by referring to people who merely want to avoid getting their heads chopped off. So I clarify that I'm not talking about those sort of 'save-their-skins'-muslims-but-not-really.

The *point* of course being, that your muslims but not really muslims that you were referring to, could not possibly be "satisfying all 5 tenets" as you claimed - if they are not satisfying the all important "belief" tenet could they?

Quote:
None of this is a barrier to you giving a straight answer Gandalf. Does the Quran talk about fighting and killing more than it talks about pillar 4?

Oh look, FD once against misses the straightest answer possible to this question that I've already given. Its uncanny isn't it FD?

Shall we start with what arabic words are used to describe "fasting", "fighting" and "killing" - where they occur and in what context? Of course it goes without saying you've already forgotton our discussion of what "fighting", in its various forms thoughout the Quran, actually means, and which ones refer to physical violence and which do not - as well as the need to consider the use of "killing" when it is to condemn and forbid it.

But I'll go out on a limb and say that (without going through the entire book for you), specific references to "fasting" are more prevalent than specific references to sanctioning killing of other people. But of course you would already know that, since I already clearly indicated this in reply#7 - right FD?

Quote:
You are using the 5 pillars to misrepresent the Quran to non-Muslims, starting with describing them as tenets.

Right, so now you are objecting to using the words "pillars" and "tenets" interchangeably? Could you get any more ridiculous. Wait, don't answer that.

ten·et
/ˈtenət/
Learn to pronounce
noun
plural noun: tenets
a principle or belief, especially one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy.
"the tenets of a democratic society"

Dare I say, fasting is a "principle or belief" of Islam.

It is also a major pillar of the religion.

Only an inane pedant who has no interest in a meaningful discussion would find anything wrong with the above statement.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 1:53pm

Pillars aside what do muslims intend to do about the evil verses in the qur'an, which right now cause and motivate muslims to rape, torture and slaughter innocent men women and children?

Why do muslims rape torture and murder innocent Christians? Because they falsely accuse them of associating partners with the reinvented moon god allah?

Why do muslims associate partners with allah in the qur'an, yet deliberately lie about Christians so as to have an excuse to slaughter them as human sacrifice to the reinvented moon god allah.
Quote:
The first lie about allah having no partners is disproved in:

three female deities: al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat in the qur'an.

qur'an 53:11 The heart did not lie [about] what it saw.

qur'an 53:12 So will you dispute with him over what he saw?

qur'an 53:13 And he certainly saw him in another descent

qur'an 53:14 At the Lote Tree of the Utmost Boundary -

qur'an 53:15 Near it is the Garden of Refuge -

qur'an 53:16 When there covered the Lote Tree that which covered [it].

qur'an 53:17 The sight [of the Prophet] did not swerve, nor did it transgress [its limit].

qur'an 53:18 [/b]He certainly saw of the greatest signs of his Lord.[/b]

qur'an 53.19: So have you considered al-Lat and al-'Uzza?

qur'an 53.20: And Manat, the third - the other one?

the refrain that the Quraysh used to chant as they circumambulated the Ka'ba: "Al-Lat, and al-Uzza and Manat, the third, the other; indeed these are exalted (or lofty, 'ula) gharaniq; let us hope for their intercession."

25."The Quraysh tribe into which Mohammad was born was particularly devoted to Allah, the moon god, and especially to Allah's three daughters who were viewed as intercessors between the people and Allah." ... "The worship of the three goddesses, Al-Lat, Al-Uzza, and Manat, played a significant role in the worship at the Kabah in Mecca. The first two daughters of Allah had names which were feminine forms of Allah."

Quraish, the prophet's tribe. Allah had three daughters: Al Uzzah (Venus) most revered of all and pleased with human sacrifice; Manah, the goddess of destiny, and Al Lat, the goddess of vegetable life. "

The muslims retained the three daughters of the pagan moon god allah in the qur'an. It clearly says muhammad saw them in paradise.

The second lie about Christians saying Christ is the son of allah, is disproved by the fact that Christians do not worship reinvented pagan moon gods, they worship a Spirit of Righteousness called Y.H.W.H. in the bible.

What are muslims going to do about the lies and filth in islamic doctrine, which was solely created to give muslims a sacred duty of lies, thieving, rape, torture, and mass slaughter of innocent non muslims?
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2021 at 2:54pm by moses »  

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #43 - Jan 14th, 2021 at 1:26pm

moses wrote on Jan 13th, 2021 at 1:53pm:
Pillars aside what do muslims intend to do about the evil verses in the qur'an, which right now cause and motivate muslims to rape, torture and slaughter innocent men women and children?

As  soon as Christians do the same with their Bible, Moses.  Tsk, tsk, now who is that said "he without sin cast the first stone"?  Christians sin as often and sometimes far worse than Muslims.  Some Muslims sin but not all Muslims do.  Time to grow up and accept responsibility for the acts of members of your own religion, Moses.  No more jettisoning them simply because you don't agree with them.  If you expect all Muslims to accept responsibility for what a minority do, you should lead the way.  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #44 - Jan 14th, 2021 at 2:17pm

moses wrote on Jan 10th, 2021 at 1:28pm:
I am saying that man has to fit the criteria set down by Christ, to be a Christian.

And what degree of certainty do you have that the Christ we see portrayed in today’s versions of the New Testament are an accurate picture of a man who may, or may not have existed?

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Send Topic Print