Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
Violence By Trump Rioters (Read 2482 times)
lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Violence By Trump Rioters
Reply #45 - Jan 16th, 2021 at 5:30pm

Mix_Master wrote on Jan 16th, 2021 at 5:25pm:
The Guardian (quoting the Centre for Strategic and International Studies) could never be as "right" as asshats on Facebook and Twitter, right?

Sorry don't belong. So wrong again petal.

IP Logged

Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jan 16th, 2021 at 5:32pm

lee wrote on Jan 16th, 2021 at 5:30pm:
Mix_Master wrote on Jan 16th, 2021 at 5:25pm:
The Guardian (quoting the Centre for Strategic and International Studies) could never be as "right" as asshats on Facebook and Twitter, right?

Sorry don't belong. So wrong again petal.

To what?

And how is that relevant?

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Jan 16th, 2021 at 5:37pm

Mix_Master wrote on Jan 16th, 2021 at 5:32pm:
To what?

Pharcebook and Twit-ter

So how am I to know what their users do or say? Unless directed to sites, I wouldn't know. You know like Nancy and her hatred and how the Dem's were robbed hijacked. Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Jan 16th, 2021 at 5:47pm

lee wrote on Jan 16th, 2021 at 5:37pm:
To what?

Pharcebook and Twit-ter

So how am I to know what their users do or say? Unless directed to sites, I wouldn't know. You know like Nancy and her hatred and how the Dem's were robbed hijacked. Grin Grin Grin Grin

You must be ignoring a lot of the tripe - linked from those sites - by Right Wing/Trump supporters on these very boards.

Probably a good call, as much (the vast majority of it) is completely unsubstantiated rubbish, so at least you're not missing out on much.

At least the Guardian article talks about a study conducted by independent people, who know what they're doing...

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Jan 16th, 2021 at 5:50pm

Mix_Master wrote on Jan 16th, 2021 at 5:47pm:
You must be ignoring a lot of the tripe - linked from those sites - by Right Wing/Trump supporters on these very boards.

And not from the left/Dems? So Nancy's rant is a one off? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Jan 16th, 2021 at 5:56pm

lee wrote on Jan 16th, 2021 at 5:50pm:

And not from the left/Dems? So Nancy's rant is a one off? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

*shrugs*

Maybe it's just me, but there is a fair difference in Nancy having a rant, and Trump supporters storming the Capitol Building, planning the "storming" of Capitol buildings (or whatever the equivalent is) in - what is it, 50 States?- and those "on the right" being responsible for the bulk of deaths in Terrorism-related attacks over the last quarter century...

Or is there an equivalence there that isn't immediately revealing itself to me?

As a by-the by, do you have a comment to make about the over-respresentation of Right Wing actors in Terrorism-related deaths over the last quarter century? Or would you be more comfortable just focusing on Nancy?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #51 - Jan 16th, 2021 at 6:07pm

Johnnie wrote on Jan 15th, 2021 at 7:53pm:
Karnal wrote on Jan 15th, 2021 at 7:42pm:
Johnnie wrote on Jan 15th, 2021 at 7:05pm:
Karnal wrote on Jan 15th, 2021 at 5:35pm:
Johnnie wrote on Jan 15th, 2021 at 4:55pm:
The timeline of Trumps so called incitement of insurrection and the so called insurrection is in question.

That's right. It took them a good ten seconds to attack after Mr Trump instructed them to fight hard and show those weak Republicans strength.

How is that possible?

They don't have social media in America yet, right?

Is that right? can you prove that timeline, was it really 10 seconds.

They would have to prove that in the senate

Oh, dear, do you really imagine that they won't?

It took a Republican Senate to confirm Russia Russia Russia.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/18/donald-trump-us-senate-report-ru...

Can you imagine what the Senate's going to find after this one?

Fake news is numbered. Reality is back in vogue. You're going to have an uphill battle from here on in playing Putin's mouthpiece.

The party's over, J.D. Join the world.

You don't have the timeline in question so we will see in the senate. Another fizzer i suspect and when Biden and his gal fck up in the next 4yrs they sure as hell don't want Trump to run again, now that's cunning and this impeachment is crucial to their survival.

The Republicans are desperate for Trump to not run again. They may not survive his current term when the dust settles. How many of them were also responsible for last weeks sedition ? Now we have 10 of them voted for impeachment, funny how they can change their mind when they get a first hand dose of insurrection.

Mostly the Republicans have been able to survive on this through grift and personal profit, at least they know the truth even though they are happy to lie but now they have members of Q in their numbers - genuine nutbags who really do believe that the election was rigged.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #52 - Jan 16th, 2021 at 6:12pm

Karnal wrote on Jan 16th, 2021 at 4:40pm:
lee wrote on Jan 16th, 2021 at 4:37pm:
Karnal wrote on Jan 16th, 2021 at 4:35pm:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/27/us-rightwing-extremists-attacks-de...

ooh the garudian. Then it must be right. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

No, dear, the Centre for Strategic and International Studies, a non-partisan think-tank.

https://www.csis.org/people/seth-g-jones

Are you saying the Guardian is misquoting them?

If you read the words carefully you will see that Lee didn't really say anything.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #53 - Jan 16th, 2021 at 6:16pm

The timeline of Trumps so called incitement of insurrection and the so called insurrection is in question.

That's right. It took them a good ten seconds to attack after Mr Trump instructed them to fight hard and show those weak Republicans strength.

How is that possible?

I think Face Book is going to open a US office in 2025 but are starting with the hard cover version only.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #54 - Jan 16th, 2021 at 6:21pm

Johnnie wrote on Jan 15th, 2021 at 10:00pm:
Karnal wrote on Jan 15th, 2021 at 8:20pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 15th, 2021 at 7:56pm:
Johnnie wrote on Jan 15th, 2021 at 7:53pm:
Karnal wrote on Jan 15th, 2021 at 7:42pm:
Johnnie wrote on Jan 15th, 2021 at 7:05pm:

How is that possible?

Is that right? can you prove that timeline, was it really 10 seconds.

They would have to prove that in the senate

Oh, dear, do you really imagine that they won't?

It took a Republican Senate to confirm Russia Russia Russia.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/18/donald-trump-us-senate-report-ru...

Can you imagine what the Senate's going to find after this one?

Fake news is numbered. Reality is back in vogue. You're going to have an uphill battle from here on in playing Putin's mouthpiece.

The party's over, J.D. Join the world.

You don't have the timeline in question so we will see in the senate. Another fizzer i suspect and when Biden and his gal fck up in the next 4yrs they sure as hell don't want Trump to run again, now that's cunning and this impeachment is crucial to their survival.

It's crucial to the survival of the country.

Let Ivanka take over the MAGA movement.

She can soften the tone and do a few product placements to cash in.

With any luck, she can sell it on late night TV like an infomercial.

I wonder how this timeline will play out in the senate, you lot don't have times just hype and blood lust.

How many times did Donny refuse to accept a peaceful handover of power ? You recall his instruction to the white supremacists to stand back and stand by?

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Jan 16th, 2021 at 6:22pm

Mix_Master wrote on Jan 16th, 2021 at 5:56pm:
Maybe it's just me, but there is a fair difference in Nancy having a rant, and Trump supporters storming the Capitol Building, planning the "storming" of Capitol buildings (or whatever the equivalent is) in - what is it, 50 States?- and those "on the right" being responsible for the bulk of deaths in Terrorism-related attacks over the last quarter century...

So then it is not actually Pharcebook and Twit-ter on your hit list but something else. Please spell it out petal.  So left wing rants are ok, right wing ones not? I am just trying to help you clear what passes for your mind. I am also trying very hard to figure out how right wingers stormed the Capitol on Pharcebook and Twit-ter. But you probably have more experience of them than me. Wink

As a by-the by, do you have a comment to make about the over-respresentation of Right Wing actors in Terrorism-related deaths over the last quarter century? Or would you be more comfortable just focusing on Nancy?

I have no truck with either left wing or right wing violence. You?

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Jan 16th, 2021 at 6:24pm

Dnarever wrote on Jan 16th, 2021 at 6:16pm:

How is that possible?

I think Face Book is going to open a US office in 2025 but are starting with the hard cover version only.

HMM. 10 seconds to type a message and put out a group call? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #57 - Jan 16th, 2021 at 6:27pm

lee wrote on Jan 16th, 2021 at 5:50pm:

*shrugs*

Or is there an equivalence there that isn't immediately revealing itself to me?

Quote:
but there is a fair difference in Nancy having a rant

Nancy had a rant ?

IP Logged

Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Jan 16th, 2021 at 6:38pm

lee wrote on Jan 16th, 2021 at 6:22pm:
[quote author=biased99 link=1610613256/50#50 date=1610783778]Maybe it's just me, but there is a fair difference in Nancy having a rant, and Trump supporters storming the Capitol Building, planning the "storming" of Capitol buildings (or whatever the equivalent is) in - what is it, 50 States?- and those "on the right" being responsible for the bulk of deaths in Terrorism-related attacks over the last quarter century...

Quote:
So then it is not actually Pharcebook and Twit-ter on your hit list but something else. Please spell it out petal.  So left wing rants are ok, right wing ones not? I am just trying to help you clear what passes for your mind. I am also trying very hard to figure out how right wingers stormed the Capitol on Pharcebook and Twit-ter. But you probably have more experience of them than me. Wink

I'm not even sure WTF the above is actually supposed to mean. This from the bloke who's anally-retentive about people "paraphrasing" or "misquoting" him. And you pulled the above half-baked dribble from (presumably) some orifice?

FMD... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Show me where I said or inferred any of the highlighted part.

I made it quite clear what I was talking about earlier in the thread. Please...don't display your out-and-out ignorance to all and sundry...it's embarrassing. I'd like to think that me having to "spell it out" further would be insulting to your intelligence, but apparently not so.

Re-read the earlier posts - slowly, if it helps.

Quote:
I have no truck with either left wing or right wing violence. You?

That is all you've got?

A glib "I have no truck with either left wing or right wing violence. You?"

You've been presented with evidence that the bulk of deaths from Domestic Terrorism in the 'States over the last quarter century has been at the hands of Right Wing actors, and all you have is "I have no truck with either left wing or right wing violence. You?"?

Oh, and some typical "whataboutism" about Nancy, and the inference of a false equivalence (given that the thread title is "Violence by Trump Rioters".)

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Jan 16th, 2021 at 6:41pm

Mix_Master wrote on Jan 16th, 2021 at 6:38pm:
You've been presented with evidence that the bulk of deaths from Domestic Terrorism in the 'States over the last quarter century has been at the hands of Right Wing actors, and all you have is "I have no truck with either left wing or right wing violence. You?"?

Yes petal. Me. What about you?

Mix_Master wrote on Jan 16th, 2021 at 6:38pm:
Oh, and some typical "whataboutism" about Nancy, and the inference of a false equivalence (given that the thread title is "Violence by Trump Rioters".)

Poor petal. That sweet nancy she  did right by her boys. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

But getting back to Pharcebook and Twit-ter - just what are your problems with them?

Don't want to say eh? Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print