Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Send Topic Print
ABC officially calls it 'Invasion Day' (Read 7075 times)
Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Re: ABC officially calls it 'Invasion Day'
Reply #45 - Jan 26th, 2021 at 8:53am

Gnads wrote on Jan 26th, 2021 at 7:47am:
The Heartless Felon wrote on Jan 26th, 2021 at 6:37am:
Super Nova wrote on Jan 25th, 2021 at 11:13pm:
"Free Food and Booze Day" is a day for us to say "thank you" to those white people who came and saved us from a nomadic and dangerous existence, introduced us to booze (a gateway to dreamtime) and a way of life where we no longer have to do anything to survive.

Life was tough before, now we have all the essentials for life provided to us with no effort required from us.

Thank you Altjira for making Dream time an everyday event by bringing the white guys to save us day.

Not all beer and skittles, Super. As the person previously known as Lois O'Donohue told us, domestic violence was unknown before the 'invasion'.

How on earth does she know that?

I’ll nail my flag to the masthead here just so I’m not misunderstood. My view is so called Australian Day is no more than Invasion Day and should be shifted.
Having said that I want to draw attention to the romanticisation of pre-invasion Aboriginal culture still indulged in by many of today’s academics. I can best illustrate this by drawing attention to the frequently pushed delusion pre invasion aboriginal culture was some form of utopian communism. In parts of the Northern Territory tribal groups were often organised along lines similar to class lines in India today. That is ‘higher classes’ had rights the lower tribes did not. This could manifest, for instance, in 'higher class’ tribes having the right to rape those of lower groups. The absurd suggestion that Koori society was idealistic egalitarianism over all of Australia prior to invasion is a delusion.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #46 - Jan 26th, 2021 at 9:59am

Gordon wrote on Jan 25th, 2021 at 1:36pm:
ABC is just pǝʞɔnɟ.

They've changed the headline, but most of the article is devoted to how bad whitey is than what's happening on the day.

https://i.ibb.co/kS42dLP/acfbfddeba09813b7af343aa6b6c547d.jpg

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/abc-clearly-wrong-on-australia-day-call-communications-minister-paul-fletcher-says/news-story/55ff129646d47244013c0f2f1fec0872

The ABC is tarting to become unpalatable these days.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Jan 26th, 2021 at 11:27am

Gnads wrote on Jan 26th, 2021 at 7:21am:
John Smith wrote on Jan 25th, 2021 at 7:05pm:
ohh, the diddums are upset again are they? Roll Eyes

You should get the priorities right as the author of this letter suggests instead of supporting divisive bs.

How does prioritising what the ABC puts in it's headline help her or her issues?

Like I said, the diddums are upset Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #48 - Jan 26th, 2021 at 12:14pm

I'm just here to watch the triggered snowflakes  Grin Grin Grin Grin

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #49 - Jan 26th, 2021 at 12:48pm

mothra wrote on Jan 26th, 2021 at 8:27am:
Seriously triggered. What a laugh!

Well - every day is a triggered day for the perpetually and professionally aggrieved.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #50 - Jan 26th, 2021 at 12:55pm

Gnads wrote on Jan 26th, 2021 at 7:31am:
cont -

Quote:
- I was 16 I decided I was not going to let the past destroy my future, I swore to myself I would never turn out like my mother, but I did, for 3 brutal years I did, for 3 brutal years I’d send my babies away out of danger so it was only me, was it racism that drove the police and DOCS to threaten to take my babies if I didn’t leave? Was it racism that saw them drag him away so the kids and I could pack and flee? No, that was humanity, that was addressing the issue, racism didn’t play a part, they didn’t see colour, they seen violence and terror the only difference is there was no grog, no drugs, he did it because he enjoyed it.

So while you’re sitting there with your privilege screaming about changing the date, I’ll be sitting here with no privilege except for what I’ve given to myself and I’ll be speaking out about the real issues and fighting for justice for myself and for every other child that is a mirror of me. Personally I’ll keep the date, some of the good memories I have is from that date, you see I spent most Australia Days with my nan, she would have BBQ’s where family and friends would get together and play cricket and laugh, us kids would play and play, I never wanted those days to end. My nan always taught me that it was about unity not division, she taught me not to hate, she told me stories of old passed down and from her own memories, she taught me not to hate the people of today for the sins of yesterday, my nan was all about love and without her I wouldn’t be the strong proud woman I am today. On Australia Day, celebrate don’t hate.

That’s all I have to say, I’m getting too upset, the memories of the past never fade to a living victim, a real victim, but we go on, stronger louder and prouder.

https://caldronpool.com/aboriginal-woman-pens-powerful-letter-divisive-australia...

You ought to read the statements from the series of victims of that asshole who bashed a family member at Xmas.  They would shock you as much as this one.

You don't really work in any area of 'preventing violence to Aboriginal women and children', do you, mothra.  You cannot be for real with your supercilious bullshit about how wonderful and down-trodden the Indigenous are.

NOBODY who works on behalf of the battered would defend the perpetrators of such evil.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #51 - Jan 26th, 2021 at 3:07pm

Super Nova wrote on Jan 25th, 2021 at 11:49pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 25th, 2021 at 11:42pm:
Super Nova wrote on Jan 25th, 2021 at 11:15pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 25th, 2021 at 11:10pm:
Inevitability Day? Stay off the sauce - that's my forte....  jeez - Lucky Day it wasn't the Dutch, French or Belgians or Germans.....

Or the Chinese or Japanese. They are lucky it was the Britsh.

Neither the Chinese or the Japanese were expansionist like the British (oops, sorry, like the "Britsh") were.   No one was as expansionist as the British were.   The Indigenous Australians weren't lucky, they were just fortunate there were so few of them that the British ignored them for the most part.  One only has to look at the sorry history of British colonisation of India to see what happens when the natives are noticed...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I think it was inevitable that Australia would be colonized by an external power.

Who, though?  France more than likely.  They were the next most expansionist European power.  No one in Asia was interested in expanding.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #52 - Jan 26th, 2021 at 3:10pm

issuevoter wrote on Jan 26th, 2021 at 6:25am:
Inevitability Day? Stay off the sauce - that's my forte....  jeez - Lucky Day it wasn't the Dutch, French or Belgians or Germans.....

Neither the Chinese or the Japanese were expansionist like the British (oops, sorry, like the "Britsh") were.   No one was as expansionist as the British were.   The Indigenous Australians weren't lucky, they were just fortunate there were so few of them that the British ignored them for the most part.  One only has to look at the sorry history of British colonisation of India to see what happens when the natives are noticed...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

What you say here, is true. However, it reads as if you exonerate the Chinese and Japanese of their nastiness.

Wishful thinking on your part.  Neither society was particularly nice.  Does that satisfy your lust for condemnation?  Just because something is not mentioned, does not mean it is not considered.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #53 - Jan 26th, 2021 at 3:13pm

Gnads wrote on Jan 26th, 2021 at 7:41am:

Your history is exclusive to just one era?

There were empire expansionists throughout human history....

and it wasn't exclusive to the British & those that came before were far more ruthless.

I think you'll find that the Chinese have become very expansionist now.

Now is, well now, Gnads.  The Chinese have had periods of expansion just as they have had periods of contraction.  The Chinese are feeling their way in the modern world.  If they were truly expansionist you'd see them landing at Bondi from ships that have sailed up from China.  Are they?  Stop being alarmist.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2021 at 3:24pm by Brian Ross »  

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #54 - Jan 26th, 2021 at 3:19pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 25th, 2021 at 11:36pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jan 25th, 2021 at 5:36pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 25th, 2021 at 5:27pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jan 25th, 2021 at 2:53pm:
Ita Buttrose is a hypocrite.
She should have made the ABC fair and unbiased -
not a left wing, finger pointing, virtue signalling, propaganda site.

Perhaps they should just sell it to Murdoch?  He'd know what to do with it.  You'd love what you see then, hey, Bobby?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No - just put someone in charge who is fair and unbiased.

And who would that be, Bobby?  You?  You're hardly unbiased.  Few people are.  The ABC is doing a good job, holding a mirror up to Australian society and if you don't like the image that you see, well, who's to blame, hey?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The ABC is too biased.
It's Ita Buttrose's fault.

They should have advertised for an unbiased candidate.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #55 - Jan 26th, 2021 at 3:21pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 26th, 2021 at 12:48pm:

Well - every day is a triggered day for the perpetually and professionally aggrieved.

Calling people triggered is the new tactic to denigrate anyone who raises any issue.

Same as calling someone racist, xyzophobe. The woke left invented being actually triggered.

IBI

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Jan 26th, 2021 at 3:22pm

It doesn't take much these days   Grin

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #57 - Jan 26th, 2021 at 3:22pm

cods wrote on Jan 26th, 2021 at 7:52am:
Gnads wrote on Jan 26th, 2021 at 7:41am:

Your history is exclusive to just one era?

There were empire expansionists throughout human history....

and it wasn't exclusive to the British & those that came before were far more ruthless.

all those degrees  and not one mentions the PORUGUESE....tsk tsk bri bri...  your slipping. to busy concentrating on spell issues... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

50 countries
Portugal's Empire Spanned the Planet
Its former possessions are now across 50 countries around the world. The Portuguese created colonies for numerous reasons: To trade for spices, gold, agricultural products, and other resources.

quite a few countries have Portuguese as their first language...STILL bri bri   all over the planet

The Portuguese were a contender problem was they looked only at the Top End and didn't find enough to interest them.  East Timor was as close as they came to Australia and that was a very minor outpost.  Saint Francis Xavier apparently saw the smoke from bushfires over the southern horizon when he visited Timor but not even evangelism was a strong enough driver to make them visit.   Their empire was in decline when Cook arrived at the South East coast, Cods.  The British Empire was on the rise.

The Dutch were another contender but their empire was also declining, being defeated by the British.  Then you have Spain but they were primarily interested in the New World, not Oceania.  France is the only major one left and they were interested, in a desultory way in the idea of "Empire".  Problem was, they had a Revolution and that took up most of their energies.   The British just shipped most of their revolutionaries out to foster their empire.   Were you once a revolutionary, Cods?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #58 - Jan 26th, 2021 at 3:26pm

Bobby. wrote on Jan 26th, 2021 at 3:19pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 25th, 2021 at 11:36pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jan 25th, 2021 at 5:36pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 25th, 2021 at 5:27pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jan 25th, 2021 at 2:53pm:
Ita Buttrose is a hypocrite.
She should have made the ABC fair and unbiased -
not a left wing, finger pointing, virtue signalling, propaganda site.

Perhaps they should just sell it to Murdoch?  He'd know what to do with it.  You'd love what you see then, hey, Bobby?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No - just put someone in charge who is fair and unbiased.

And who would that be, Bobby?  You?  You're hardly unbiased.  Few people are.  The ABC is doing a good job, holding a mirror up to Australian society and if you don't like the image that you see, well, who's to blame, hey?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The ABC is too biased.
It's Ita Buttrose's fault.

They should have advertised for an unbiased candidate.

Again I ask, who would that be, Bobby?  What you really want is someone biased in the same direction you are.  Right?  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Jan 26th, 2021 at 3:30pm

Gordon wrote on Jan 26th, 2021 at 3:21pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 26th, 2021 at 12:48pm:

Calling people triggered is the new tactic to denigrate anyone who raises any issue.

Same as calling someone racist, xyzophobe. The woke left invented being actually triggered.

and calling people woke is not an attempt to denigrate?  Grin Grin Grin

your stupidity is astonishing.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Send Topic Print