Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17
Send Topic Print
Climate change predictions 17 years ago (Read 9476 times)
Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Re: Climate change predictions 17 years ago
Reply #135 - Jul 12th, 2023 at 6:46pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 8th, 2021 at 9:18am:
Interesting that they got it so wrong.
Gullible people like Monk and Al Gore fell for it.

Monk is a sheeple

Al Gore is a wolf

Bring out the sheep dogs........ Cheesy Wink Smiley Cool

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #136 - Jul 12th, 2023 at 7:00pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Jul 12th, 2023 at 6:39pm:
Hope springs eternal....do try to keep up with current trends. 

SO give us the results of the latest survey. Roll Eyes

"Australians want climate action but don’t want to pay for it"

https://www.afr.com/policy/energy-and-climate/australians-want-climate-action-bu...

"Canadians are worried about climate change, but many don't want to pay taxes to fight it: Poll"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/election-poll-climate-change-1.5178514

So people think it is necessary as long as they don't have to pay for it. Wink

Remember how you were saying about German youth....Never mind. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

The IPCC scientific consensus accepted by the UN.

I gave you that. So the UN has some other kind of consensus. Remember WG1 is "The Physical Science Basis". So which ones are they using? Roll Eyes

Funny, didn't NASA report the highest global temp on record, a few days back?

You mean the one from climate models? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Hey NASA is good. They still bring out Oreskes, Cook etc. Wink

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #137 - Jul 14th, 2023 at 12:35pm

lee wrote on Jul 12th, 2023 at 7:00pm:
Hope springs eternal....do try to keep up with current trends. 

SO give us the results of the latest survey. Roll Eyes

"Australians want climate action but don’t want to pay for it"

https://www.afr.com/policy/energy-and-climate/australians-want-climate-action-bu...

"Canadians are worried about climate change, but many don't want to pay taxes to fight it: Poll"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/election-poll-climate-change-1.5178514

So people think it is necessary as long as they don't have to pay for it. Wink

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered.... I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
Thomas Jefferson.

So here we are, all hood-winked by the private banksters so eloquently identified by Jefferson, with all sorts of crises : shortage of  housing for blacks and whites, lack  jobs for both blacks and whites but more so for blacks, and a poverty industry which uselessly treats the symptoms  rather than the causes of joblessness and homelessness, despite Oz's wealth and ability to go straight to housing and jobs for all.   

Quote:
I gave you that. So the UN has some other kind of consensus. Remember WG1 is "The Physical Science Basis". So which ones are they using? Roll Eyes

Regardless, the cost of weather catastrophes is alarming the global population - who ARE attributing its horrors to AGW. 

Quote:
You mean the one from climate models? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Hey NASA is good. They still bring out Oreskes, Cook etc. Wink

I mean the all time global temp. records  reported this week, regardless of "modelling".

Are you veering into conspiracy theory territory: NASA spreading lies to control the world's population?

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #138 - Jul 14th, 2023 at 1:05pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Jul 14th, 2023 at 12:35pm:
So here we are, all hood-winked by the private banksters so eloquently identified by Jefferson, with all sorts of crises : shortage of  housing for blacks and whites, lack  jobs for both blacks and whites but more so for blacks, and a poverty industry which uselessly treats the symptoms  rather than the causes of joblessness and homelessness, despite Oz's wealth and ability to go straight to housing and jobs for all.   

Quote:

And no survey results. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

And of course no climate change prediction. Dummy. Roll Eyes

Regardless, the cost of weather catastrophes is alarming the global population - who ARE attributing its horrors to AGW. 

BUT YOU were the one said he believed to consensus science. Dummy. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I mean the all time global temp. records  reported this week, regardless of "modelling".

Because it was modelling it can't be regardless of it. Dummy. Roll Eyes

Are you veering into conspiracy theory territory: NASA spreading lies to control the world's population?

Oh dear. You believe Cook et al 2013 where about 33% of climate scientists said there was some warming was magically enhanced to 97%. Dummy. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #139 - Jul 14th, 2023 at 4:12pm

lee wrote on Jul 14th, 2023 at 1:05pm:

Quote:

And no survey results.

You cited several articles which show that people want to transition to renewables .......provided it doesn't cost them  (no kidding).

Resulting in this outcome:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/jul/12/australia-nearing-record-...

The ongoing strength of rooftop solar installations contrasts with the sharp slowdown in new investments for large-scale solar farms in recent years.

Rystad Energy, a data group, estimates approvals for utility-scale renewable projects sank by 75% since 2018 in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria, with supply chain issues, transmission project delays and a lack of backup storage capacity to blame.

Note: cashed-up private sector players are keen to reduce power bills by installing solar on their roofs, but the general public, represented by government, don't won't to fund the necessary PUBLIC infrastructure required for the transition.

And the quote you omitted shows that Jefferson saw - centuries ago -  the public funding problems  which would arise when private banksters  hijacked the nation's currency-issung power. 

Quote:
And of course no climate change prediction. Dummy. Roll Eyes

That's the particular current problem for public sector funding ie the AGW problem  which everyone around the world wants to deal with (as per your own quoted  examples, thanks again...), but don't want to pay for. 

So those with the cash splash out on roof PVs, for very little reward because the transmission and storage doesn't exist to enable  payment for exported energy from the single roof. 

Quote:
TGD: Regardless, the cost of weather catastrophes is alarming the global population - who ARE attributing its horrors to AGW. 

BUT YOU were the one said he believed to consensus science. Dummy. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

....brain damage; the world believes the IPCC consensus science.

Quote:
Because it was modelling it can't be regardless of it. Dummy. Roll Eyes

Don't shoot the messenger; I'm merely reporting the record temps measured by meteorologists around the globe last week.

Quote:
Oh dear. You believe Cook et al 2013 where about 33% of climate scientists said there was some warming was magically enhanced to 97%. Dummy. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Hmmm....seems Cook has been believed and you haven't. 

Carry on.....for my part, I just want to close the filthy, poisonous, consumer-pauperising ff industry - with the possible pay-back of climate control as well.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #140 - Jul 14th, 2023 at 7:03pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Jul 14th, 2023 at 4:12pm:
The ongoing strength of rooftop solar installations contrasts with the sharp slowdown in new investments for large-scale solar farms in recent years.

No surprise there. Get a subsidy. Grin Grin Grin Grin

Note: cashed-up private sector players are keen to reduce power bills by installing solar on their roofs, but the general public, represented by government, don't won't to fund the necessary PUBLIC infrastructure required for the transition.

Cashed up? You mean those telemarketers who ring up and offer good deals. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

And the quote you omitted shows that Jefferson saw - centuries ago -  the public funding problems  which would arise when private banksters  hijacked the nation's currency-issung power. 

Jefferson was before his time. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

That's the particular current problem for public sector funding ie the AGW problem  which everyone around the world wants to deal with (as per your own quoted  examples, thanks again...), but don't want to pay for. 

And still nothing on climate predictions. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

So those with the cash splash out on roof PVs, for very little reward because the transmission and storage doesn't exist to enable  payment for exported energy from the single roof. 

Ah yes. The storage made with unafordium. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

the world believes the IPCC consensus science.

You are the brain damaged one I have given you the Science, you want the models. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I'm merely reporting the record temps measured by meteorologists around the globe last week.

It wasn't meteorologists. Dummy. It came from ClimeREanalyser.  Dummy. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

.seems Cook has been believed and you haven't.

That's because so many people are innumerate. I will quote the actual paper for you.

"We analyze the evolution of the scientific consensus on anthropogenic global warming (AGW) in the peer-reviewed scientific literature, examining 11 944 climate abstracts from 1991–2011 matching the topics 'global climate change' or 'global warming'. We find that 66.4% of abstracts expressed no position on AGW, 32.6% endorsed AGW, 0.7% rejected AGW and 0.3% were uncertain about the cause of global warming. Among abstracts expressing a position on AGW, 97.1% endorsed the consensus position that humans are causing global warming."

So 11,944 papers and 66.4% held no position. that leaves, as they say, 32.6%. And that ranged from causing >50% of warming to some, to apparently implied approval.

"(1) Explicit endorsement with quantification      Explicitly states that humans are the primary cause of recent global warming      '
(2) Explicit endorsement without quantification      Explicitly states humans are causing global warming or refers to anthropogenic global warming/climate change as a known fact      
(3) Implicit endorsement      Implies humans are causing global warming. "

https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/8/2/024024

32.6% has never been and can never be 97%.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #141 - Jul 15th, 2023 at 2:24pm

lee wrote on Jul 14th, 2023 at 7:03pm:

No surprise there. Get a subsidy. Grin Grin Grin Grin

From whom? The government.....which is currently  crying "budget repair"? 

Whereas if you are cashed up, you can pay for the roof-top PVs yourself, to avoid being screwed by electricity retailers. Another example of your brain damage - that I even have to explain 'subsidies' to you is remarkable. 

Quote:
Cashed up? You mean those telemarketers who ring up and offer good deals.

No.....brain-damaged Lee. I mean people who can afford to buy rooftop PVs.

Quote:
Jefferson was before his time. ;

You are arguing my case..AGAIN. Your brain damage is embarrasing for both of us .... hopefully you keep your word and stay "out of here".

Quote:
And still nothing on climate predictions. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Brain damage; the quotes confirmed  the public do not want to pay for the transition to renewables,  but they DO want governments to take action on AGW.

Quote:
Ah yes. The storage made with unafordium. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Current monetary orthodoxy delusion: nothing is 'unaffordable' for a global currency-issuing government overseeing national governments, if the resources are available for purchase ...in this case, your posited "unafordium"... (though I can't find it in the periodic table of elements...) 

Quote:
You are the brain damaged one I have given you the Science, you want the models. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

See how the brain-damaged individual projects his affliction; I accept the UN-agreed IPCC consensus, it's not a matter of "what I want".

Quote:
It wasn't meteorologists. Dummy. It came from ClimeREanalyser.  Dummy. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Funny, the radio keeps saying "records broken", "Parthenon closed"....  "Cerebus an apropriate description of the climate phenomenon".

Quote:
That's because so many people are innumerate. I will quote the actual paper for you.

"We analyze the evolution of the scientific consensus on anthropogenic global warming (AGW) in the peer-reviewed scientific literature, examining 11 944 climate abstracts from 1991–2011 matching the topics 'global climate change' or 'global warming'. We find that 66.4% of abstracts expressed no position on AGW, 32.6% endorsed AGW, 0.7% rejected AGW and 0.3% were uncertain about the cause of global warming. Among abstracts expressing a position on AGW, 97.1% endorsed the consensus position that humans are causing global warming."

So 11,944 papers and 66.4% held no position. that leaves, as they say, 32.6%. And that ranged from causing >50% of warming to some, to apparently implied approval.

"(1) Explicit endorsement with quantification      Explicitly states that humans are the primary cause of recent global warming      '
(2) Explicit endorsement without quantification      Explicitly states humans are causing global warming or refers to anthropogenic global warming/climate change as a known fact      
(3) Implicit endorsement      Implies humans are causing global warming. "

https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/8/2/024024

32.6% has never been and can never be 97%.

Thank you for the numbers; but I want to close the filthy, poisonous, consumer-pauperizing fossil industry.

You will need to take your numbers to the UN, I'm not interested in them.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #142 - Jul 15th, 2023 at 2:32pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Jul 15th, 2023 at 2:24pm:
I accept the UN-agreed IPCC consensus, it's not a matter of "what I want".

I have given you the IPCC consensus, Dummy. Why don't you give us a 17 year climate prediction Dummy?

I won't respond further. You are a serial liar.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #143 - Jul 15th, 2023 at 5:28pm

lee wrote on Jul 15th, 2023 at 2:32pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Jul 15th, 2023 at 2:24pm:
I accept the UN-agreed IPCC consensus, it's not a matter of "what I want".

I have given you the IPCC consensus, Dummy. Why don't you give us a 17 year climate prediction Dummy?

Revealing your brain-damaged comprehension again.

You have given me YOUR version of the IPCC consensus of climate scientists, the same scientists who have somehow apparently managed (according to you) to convince the UN we have an AGW crisis.   

Quote:
I won't respond further. You are a serial liar.

Good, keep up the 'good' work.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #144 - Nov 19th, 2023 at 5:44pm

Quote:
The dynamic duo of climate grifting, Al Gore and John Kerry, predicting that the polar ice caps would be gone by 2014.

How many times in succession do the climate apocalypse-mongers have to be wrong before people finally realise that "human-induced climate change" is a monumental scam, fabricated as a pretext for unelected globalist bodies (including the United Nations and World Economic Forum) to wield absolute control over every aspect of our lives, under the guise of "saving the planet"?

https://twitter.com/wideawake_media/status/1725834908675739964

When the predicted results aren't even close to observed results you have junk science.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #145 - Nov 20th, 2023 at 8:25am

Al Gore believed a scientist who thought the Arctic would be ice free by 2013.

Not that wrong—ice is disappearing from the Arctic seas and from Greenland while tundra is thawing out and doing so further and further north.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #146 - Nov 20th, 2023 at 9:22am

The climate cultists are outraged when their beliefs are questioned and even worse, shown to be false.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Bobby.

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #147 - Nov 20th, 2023 at 9:32am

Interesting fact:

https://www.coolantarctica.com/Community/antarctica-what-if-all-the-ice-melted.p...

2 - Sea Level Changes

If all the Antarctic ice melted it would raise the average sea level
by about 70 m (230 feet) worldwide.

This would change the map of the world as we know it as all coastlines would flood including the loss of all coastal cities in the world. Florida would disappear entirely along with most of Denmark, the Netherlands, Bangladesh, and many small island nations, some lower lying countries such as the UK and Uruguay would lose a significant proportion of their land area. Australia would gain a large inland sea. River estuaries would become much larger and they and the paths of their rivers would expand significantly inland drowning floodplains and many riverbank communities.

Billions of people, up to 40% of the world population would be displaced and have to move to higher ground.

Currently 98% of Antarctica is covered in permanent ice the now exposed Antarctica would reveal itself not as a single landmass but as a collection of islands some of which would be very large. If Antarctic ice melted, then Arctic ice would melt too exposing Greenland in a similar way as the current 80% ice cover disappeared compensating somewhat for the loss of land elsewhere.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #148 - Nov 20th, 2023 at 10:18am

I doubt all of it would melt—East Antarctic Plateau is pretty high.

West Antarctic ice sheet could let go and slide into the sea.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #149 - Nov 20th, 2023 at 10:25am

Compared to your posts Monk.
Lee and Great Divide are very entertaining.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17
Send Topic Print