Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Send Topic Print
I got an email from the "FBI" (Read 15273 times)
Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: I got an email from the "FBI"
Reply #30 - Jun 4th, 2021 at 12:23am

Would anyone like the  €11,500, 000   ?     Smiley

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #31 - Jun 4th, 2021 at 12:24am

I'm the luckiest man in Australia.
I just got another top secret email.
Now I've won  €11,500, 000.00.    Grin

COPY OF EMAIL.

Dear Friend,

Firstly, I must solicit your confidence in this transaction; this is by virtue of its nature as being utterly confidential and top secret. Though I know that a transaction of this magnitude will make any one apprehensive and worried, but I am assuring you that all will be well at the end of the day. Let me start by first introducing myself properly to you. It may surprise you receiving this letter from me, since there was no previous correspondence between us My Name is Dr/Barrister Anthony Dale, (Spanish Lawyer and Doctor in Law) a personal Attorney to Late Mr. Oliver , an expatriate engineer and contractor

My purpose of contacting you is for you to help me to secure his funds deposited with Spanish Bank before he died, to avoid it being confiscated or declared as unclaimed by the Bank. The fund value is €11,500, 000.00 (Eleven Million, Five Hundred Thousand Euros), this money was deposited by my late client before he passed away, he died by stroke and cancer on the 16th April 2014, and up till today his relatives remained unknown.

All relevant documents and information as regards to the cash deposit is in my possession as we speak therefore I guarantee the success of this transaction in all legal definitions. As his attorney I have contacted the bank for the claim of the fund and the Bank has issued me a notice to contact the next of kin or the account will be declared unserviceable and the fund will be retired by the state (Ayuntamiento de Madrid). This type of incident is not new, there are many people who try to evade taxes in their country of origin by depositing their money in a foreign secret accounts but I never knew my late client had one until his accidental death and the eventual disclosure from my contact in the bank. Since this account is secret and there is no one left to claim the fund I am contacting you.

I am actually asking for your consent to present you to the Bank as the Next of Kin/beneficiary of my late client’s fund, since you have the same last name and the same country with (Australia), so that the fund will be released to you as his next of kin. All the legal documents to back up your claim as my client’s next of Kin are with me. All I require is your honest cooperation and absolute confidentiality in order to guarantee success.

I wish to point out that I want 20% of this money to be shared among the Charity Organizations, while the remaining is shared equally between us. This transaction is entirely risk free. I will use my position as the client’s personal attorney to guarantee the successful execution of this transaction. If you are interested, please contact me Tel: + 34 631 938 079, Email:  anthonydalle22@gmail.com <mailto:anthonydalle22@gmail.com>   upon your response, I shall then provide you with more details and relevant documents that will help you understand more on this transaction.

The intended transaction will be processed under legitimacy,which will protect me and you from any violation of law. If you wish to achieve the goal with me, please kindly get back to me with your interest for further explanations and better understanding. Also be kind to let me know if you are not interested so that I can further my search to another Citizen that has the same surname with my late client.

Kindest Regards

C/ Juan Flórez, 8 – 6ª planta.

15004 – A Coruña (España)

Tel: + 34 631 938 079

Email: anthonydalle22@gmail.com <mailto:anthonydalle22@gmail.com>                                 

OUR REF: Y&NGO/KN3/EUR4521

YOU’RE REF: EUR/YT/AMA

Dr. Anthony Dale.

Attorney at Law

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #32 - Jun 4th, 2021 at 10:36am

Hehe... I've never received one of those emails, Bobby, but I did receive a very similar one in my letterbox about 7 or 8 years ago.

It was (allegedly) from a lady working at a firm of solicitors in Africa who was handling the estate of a late General who lived there and he had 25 million US Dollars in a bank account in Africa and they couldn't find any other next of kin to give the money to. So, because I had the same surname as the "late General" they wanted to know if I could help them "do the deal". I think she wanted about 40% of the 25 million and the rest would be mine (or was it the other way around?)  Grin Grin

Funny thing was, the letter was addressed to me (with my correct surname) and the "late General" also had my surname, of course. I'm guessing the scammer got my name from our Perth White Pages so I'm guessing many more people probably received the same letter with their name used for the "late General".

The letter had all of the usual "its a scam" hints... "I can assure you this transaction is risk free", "I am a most trustworthy person", etc.

Of course, if I'd agreed to go through with the deal what happens next is they would keep asking for "fees", usually a couple of hundred dollars to start with to "bribe" government and bank officials so the 25 million can be released. When you don't get confirmation of the deal after a while and enquire about what's going on they ask for another small amount because they're having "difficulties" getting the money out of the bank and need more "bribe" or "fee" moneys and so it goes on until the victim finally wakes up to the scam (usually a friend or family member tells them its a scam) or the scammer has taken enough of their money and decides not to take any more risk and disappears,

Hilarious stuff... I thought I'd kept a copy of it somewhere on my PC but I can't find it. I might have the original letter and envelope somewhere around here, I'll have a look if I get some time later.

** Repeat Covid infections exercise our immune system in the same way that repeat concussions exercise our brain **

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #33 - Jun 4th, 2021 at 10:42am

Bobby. wrote on Jun 4th, 2021 at 12:24am:
Email: anthonydalle22@gmail.com <mailto:anthonydalle22@gmail.com>                                 

OUR REF: Y&NGO/KN3/EUR4521

YOU’RE REF: EUR/YT/AMA

Dr. Anthony Dale.

Attorney at Law

Grin Grin Grin

About time "Anthony" started to use a spell checker on his computer.

And, you'd think an Attorney at Law would have an email address that was a bit more "upmarket" than a gmail one.  Grin Grin Grin

** Repeat Covid infections exercise our immune system in the same way that repeat concussions exercise our brain **

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #34 - Jun 4th, 2021 at 10:42am

Carl D wrote on Jun 4th, 2021 at 10:36am:
Hehe... I've never received one of those emails, Bobby, but I did receive a very similar one in my letterbox about 7 or 8 years ago.

It was (allegedly) from a lady working at a firm of solicitors in Africa who was handling the estate of a late General who lived there and he had 25 million US Dollars in a bank account in Africa and they couldn't find any other next of kin to give the money to. So, because I had the same surname as the "late General" they wanted to know if I could help them "do the deal". I think she wanted about 40% of the 25 million and the rest would be mine (or was it the other way around?)  Grin Grin

Funny thing was, the letter was addressed to me (with my correct surname) and the "late General" also had my surname, of course. I'm guessing the scammer got my name from our Perth White Pages so I'm guessing many more people probably received the same letter with their name used for the "late General".

The letter had all of the usual "its a scam" hints... "I can assure you this transaction is risk free", "I am a most trustworthy person", etc.

Of course, if I'd agreed to go through with the deal what happens next is they would keep asking for "fees", usually a couple of hundred dollars to start with to "bribe" government and bank officials so the 25 million can be released. When you don't get confirmation of the deal after a while and enquire about what's going on they ask for another small amount because they're having "difficulties" getting the money out of the bank and need more "bribe" or "fee" moneys and so it goes on until the victim finally wakes up to the scam (usually a friend or family member tells them its a scam) or the scammer has taken enough of their money and decides not to take any more risk and disappears,

Hilarious stuff... I thought I'd kept a copy of it somewhere on my PC but I can't find it. I might have the original letter and envelope somewhere around here, I'll have a look if I get some time later.

Good story.
Really - people who do these scams should go to jail.
I read somewhere that Australians
hand over $40 million per annum to those crooks.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #35 - Jun 4th, 2021 at 10:56am

My observation is that there seems to have been a lot of very rich people who have met an unfortunate end over the past few decades (and haven't prepared a will and/or have no known next of kin still alive).

Here's a classic example from Scamwatch:

https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/system/files/Inheritance%20scam%20-%20example%20let...

This "poor chap" died in an auto accident.  Cry

Seems that the risk of death increases in almost direct proportion to one's wealth.

Well, if that's true at least I shouldn't have any worries.  Grin

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #36 - Jun 4th, 2021 at 11:53am

Good example Carl.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #37 - Jun 4th, 2021 at 1:02pm

Scam Alert

If you receive a call purporting to be from the National Authority claiming that you bank account has been flagged because of "Suspicious Activity" do NOT respond.
The recorded message threatens arrest if you fail to respond.
Hang up, do not do as instructed.
If there is any Suspicious Activity on your account your bank will first call you NOT the National Crime Authority.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #38 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 1:49am

Those scammers are everywhere online, media, etc not just emails.

I’m on Tic Toc… it’s got amazing stuff like recipes, self defence, philosophy etc and one “live” was a female in England walking around castles and talking of their history…. It’s like you are walking beside them seeing it all.

Okay good stuff about it aside… not so good, I felt this (supposed) 39-40 yr old male suss… writing in pte message. Want to know more about me, what’s my name (I give a fake one) asks of my marital status…. I do say married and think… yep he will be gone now.
But no, he tells me of his height and eye colour and asks what my hobbies are.
My daughter get peed off with me for even bothering to respond…tells me I’m banned from tic tok and need parental controls  Grin Grin
…. but my friend and I look up how to scam a scammer and bull shyte a bull shytter.
Even screen captured his “supposed photo” of himself and do a reverse image search on TinEye.
Nothing comes up.
So I said my hobby is hearing about my son’s adventures and dilemmas as he is a fed police.
Suddenly everything stops  Grin
And I block and delete this idiot.
But before I did, I checked who all his followers/friends are…. All women!!!
Mid to elder age group.
Delete.
I had another suss “follower” on my account…checked it out… his bio had nothing, yet has hundreds of followers… again I see they are all mid to late aged females! And some are the same females as the other dweeb had on his account.
They’re working on them all I bet  Undecided

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #39 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 3:59am

We get phone calls to contact their agent.  When they are listening closely,"how may I help you?", I blow a whistle, hard, hoping their volume is up.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #40 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 6:27am

Sophia wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 1:49am:

I’m on Tic Toc… it’s got amazing stuff like recipes, self defence, philosophy etc and one “live” was a female in England walking around castles and talking of their history…. It’s like you are walking beside them seeing it all.

Okay good stuff about it aside… not so good, I felt this (supposed) 39-40 yr old male suss… writing in pte message. Want to know more about me, what’s my name (I give a fake one) asks of my marital status…. I do say married and think… yep he will be gone now.
My daughter get peed off with me for even bothering to respond…tells me I’m banned from tic tok and need parental controls  Grin Grin
…. but my friend and I look up how to scam a scammer and bull shyte a bull shytter.
Even screen captured his “supposed photo” of himself and do a reverse image search on TinEye.
Nothing comes up.
So I said my hobby is hearing about my son’s adventures and dilemmas as he is a fed police.
Mid to elder age group.
Delete.
I had another suss “follower” on my account…checked it out… his bio had nothing, yet has hundreds of followers… again I see they are all mid to late aged females! And some are the same females as the other dweeb had on his account.

They only need one to get $10,000 from one and they're doing well... had a beautiful blonde 'court' me for weeks, and then mention a problem that needed $5000 instantly.... it was a business thing involving machinery, but there is nobody of that name in that business.  Of course, every 32 yo female blond living in Surry Hills does a landscaping business with big machines on contract in Brewarinna, but has no idea of the weather there. They've pinched that woman's licence with photo and posed as her.

No money here, I'm afraid.  Cool

P.S.  EuroLottery owes me a couple of million euros...... and still waiting on that castle and estate with servitors in Bavaria or whatever... and the huge estate in Ireland .... when will they get to me with the papers?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

macman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

australia
Reply #41 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 8:04am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 6:27am:
Sophia wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 1:49am:

Nothing comes up.
Mid to elder age group.
Delete.

They only need one to get $10,000 from one and they're doing well... had a beautiful blonde 'court' me for weeks, and then mention a problem that needed $5000 instantly.... it was a business thing involving machinery, but there is nobody of that name in that business.  Of course, every 32 yo female blond living in Surry Hills does a landscaping business with big machines on contract in Brewarinna, but has no idea of the weather there. They've pinched that woman's licence with photo and posed as her.

No money here, I'm afraid.  Cool

P.S.  EuroLottery owes me a couple of million euros...... and still waiting on that castle and estate with servitors in Bavaria or whatever... and the huge estate in Ireland .... when will they get to me with the papers?

It would appear you were too late responding grap and bobby got in under you and got the lot.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #42 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 8:06am

A warning to all shoppers: Mum falls victim to a sneaky Kmart receipt scam that fraudsters are using to claim fake refunds.

A Kmart shopper has issued a warning about a sophisticated receipt scam that thousands may have already fallen victim to.

After shopping at her local store, Sydney mother Amanda said she left her receipt in a trolley and produced her internet banking statement to prove she had paid for the items when she returned to exchange a box of coat hangers the following day.

But when a member of Kmart's customer service team looked up the transaction, someone had already returned all the purchases on the docket.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9683255/Australian-shopper-issues-war...

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #43 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 9:37am

Odd. How can you get a receipt without putting the goods through the checkout?  She had the coat-hangers so must have gone through normal collection.  Then why would KMart go round the store, for the scammer, to find all the many items that had been on the barcode printout from the payment collection?

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #44 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 10:11am

chimera wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 9:37am:
Odd. How can you get a receipt without putting the goods through the checkout?  She had the coat-hangers so must have gone through normal collection.  Then why would KMart go round the store, for the scammer, to find all the many items that had been on the barcode printout from the payment collection?

She (Amanda) did go through the checkout and pay for the coathangers. The 'mistake' she made was to leave the receipt in her shopping trolley when she went home.

The scammer(s) then come along, pick up the receipt from the shopping trolley, go into KMart, walk around the store themselves and pick up the items (the coathangers) on the receipt then go to the counter and tell them the coathangers are being returned for a refund.

The counter staff wouldn't have any idea the coathangers being presented for a refund by the scammers were not the same ones bought by Amanda. Unless (as in this particular case) the customer returns and asks for a refund.

KMart might pick up the discrepancy at stocktake time but by then the scammers are long gone, of course.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Send Topic Print