Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Send Topic Print
I got an email from the "FBI" (Read 15281 times)
Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Re: I got an email from the "FBI"
Reply #45 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 10:17am

Perhaps this is also the reason why a lot of stores (including some of the big supermarkets) ask customers if they want a receipt these days, mainly for smaller items. Even the self serves ask "Would you like a receipt?"

Apart from saving money on paper and ink the stores are probably more concerned about this discarded receipt/refund scam.

** Repeat Covid infections exercise our immune system in the same way that repeat concussions exercise our brain **

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #46 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 11:15am

But it says all the items were refunded. That's a trolley-full. How do you drift through Kmart checkout, get out of jail free?  How many "thousands" of people are that determined? Wouldn't Kmart ask questions if a whole trolley was refunded in one hit?
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2021 at 11:45am by chimera »  

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #47 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 11:43am

macman wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 8:04am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 6:27am:
Sophia wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 1:49am:
Those scammers are everywhere online, media, etc not just emails.

I’m on Tic Toc… it’s got amazing stuff like recipes, self defence, philosophy etc and one “live” was a female in England walking around castles and talking of their history…. It’s like you are walking beside them seeing it all.

Okay good stuff about it aside… not so good, I felt this (supposed) 39-40 yr old male suss… writing in pte message. Want to know more about me, what’s my name (I give a fake one) asks of my marital status…. I do say married and think… yep he will be gone now.
But no, he tells me of his height and eye colour and asks what my hobbies are.
My daughter get peed off with me for even bothering to respond…tells me I’m banned from tic tok and need parental controls  Grin Grin
…. but my friend and I look up how to scam a scammer and bull shyte a bull shytter.
Even screen captured his “supposed photo” of himself and do a reverse image search on TinEye.
Nothing comes up.
So I said my hobby is hearing about my son’s adventures and dilemmas as he is a fed police.
Suddenly everything stops  Grin
And I block and delete this idiot.
But before I did, I checked who all his followers/friends are…. All women!!!
Mid to elder age group.
Delete.
I had another suss “follower” on my account…checked it out… his bio had nothing, yet has hundreds of followers… again I see they are all mid to late aged females! And some are the same females as the other dweeb had on his account.
They’re working on them all I bet  Undecided

They only need one to get $10,000 from one and they're doing well... had a beautiful blonde 'court' me for weeks, and then mention a problem that needed $5000 instantly.... it was a business thing involving machinery, but there is nobody of that name in that business.  Of course, every 32 yo female blond living in Surry Hills does a landscaping business with big machines on contract in Brewarinna, but has no idea of the weather there. They've pinched that woman's licence with photo and posed as her.

No money here, I'm afraid.  Cool

P.S.  EuroLottery owes me a couple of million euros...... and still waiting on that castle and estate with servitors in Bavaria or whatever... and the huge estate in Ireland .... when will they get to me with the papers?

It would appear you were too late responding grap and bobby got in under you and got the lot.

Bastard!  I'll have his nuts for this!!  I can see myself as a laird overseeing my happy serfs ...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #48 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 11:49am

A barrister bank-manager offered me millions but being cunning I refused and demanded more. He's considering the deal and my bank is ready for the deposit.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 2:48pm

I think the widow of the Tanzanafrican Republic's president who had cancer and needed to transfer millions quickly and give me 10% has died on me.... buggar...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #50 - Jul 12th, 2021 at 6:29pm

I got another email:
Looks like I now have a a Metal Trunk Box weighing approximately 320kg
that could be full of treasure.

COPY OF EMAIL:

Hello Good Friend

I have very vital information to share with you, and all I am asking for is your trust. I also want you to know that, this may cause me my job if words get out that I gave this information out. So for this I need somebody that I can trust.

My name is Marsh Arce, head of luggage/baggage storage facilities (Operations, Maintenance, Transportation) at Los Angeles International Airport - L.A.X,USA. During my recent withheld package routine check at the Airport Storage Vault last year December 2020, I discovered an abandoned shipment from a Diplomat from Australia and when scanned, it revealed an undisclosed sum of money in a Metal Trunk Box weighing approximately 320kg. The consignment was abandoned because the Contents of the consignment was not properly declared by the consignee as "MONEY" rather it was declared as personal effect to avoid interrogation and also the inability of the diplomat to pay for the United States Non Inspection Charges of $5,700.00.

The trunk has since been deposited with a bank after report confirmed, the death of the diplomat, whom report says, he died from Covid-19 complications. So the reason I am contacting you, is for you to work with me and act as his next of kin, because you both share the same last name. I will go ahead and pay for the United States Non Inspection Fee of $5,700.00 and arrange for you, documents in which you will present to the bank. On completion, the bank will hand over all the money to you by transferring it to your bank account but you have to assure me, once you receive the funds, it will be share equaly.

I wait to hear from you urgently and I will appreciate if we can keep this deal strictly confidential. please get back to me via my private Email:( crosby9berrios2@gmail.com) for further directives.

Thanks,

Marsh Arce

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #51 - Jul 12th, 2021 at 6:53pm

lol... where are these people getting your email address from, Bobby?

The only one of those money scams I ever received by email was 20 years ago when I was an Internet 'noob' and didn't realize leaving your email address 'in plain sight' on a particular forum would cause it to be harvested by scammers.

Actually, the forum concerned was at fault there because when you put the mouse pointer over a members' name it showed their email address at the bottom of the web browser.

They did eventually fix the 'flaw' but probably not before everyone's email addresses had been collected by scammers.

I closed that particular email address shortly afterwards but just for laughs I temporarily reactivated it about 5 years later and it was STILL getting spammed. Grin Grin

If I was still with the same ISP (it was an ISP email address) I might have given it another try to see whether it was still getting spam 20 years later but I wouldn't have been surprised if it was.

** Repeat Covid infections exercise our immune system in the same way that repeat concussions exercise our brain **

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #52 - Jul 12th, 2021 at 6:54pm

Bobby. wrote on Jul 12th, 2021 at 6:29pm:
I got another email:

COPY OF EMAIL:

Hello Good Friend

I have very vital information to share with you, and all I am asking for is your trust. I also want you to know that, this may cause me my job if words get out that I gave this information out. So for this I need somebody that I can trust.

My name is Marsh Arce, head of luggage/baggage storage facilities (Operations, Maintenance, Transportation) at Los Angeles International Airport - L.A.X,USA. During my recent withheld package routine check at the Airport Storage Vault last year December 2020, I discovered an abandoned shipment from a Diplomat from Australia and when scanned, it revealed an undisclosed sum of money in a Metal Trunk Box weighing approximately 320kg. The consignment was abandoned because the Contents of the consignment was not properly declared by the consignee as "MONEY" rather it was declared as personal effect to avoid interrogation and also the inability of the diplomat to pay for the United States Non Inspection Charges of $5,700.00.

The trunk has since been deposited with a bank after report confirmed, the death of the diplomat, whom report says, he died from Covid-19 complications. So the reason I am contacting you, is for you to work with me and act as his next of kin, because you both share the same last name. I will go ahead and pay for the United States Non Inspection Fee of $5,700.00 and arrange for you, documents in which you will present to the bank. On completion, the bank will hand over all the money to you by transferring it to your bank account but you have to assure me, once you receive the funds, it will be share equaly.

I wait to hear from you urgently and I will appreciate if we can keep this deal strictly confidential. please get back to me via my private Email:( crosby9berrios2@gmail.com) for further directives.

Thanks,

Marsh Arce

I feel worthless, all I've got recently is:
Quote:
Congratulations! You can get a $50 Kroger gift card!

Even my prospective Ukrainian brides no longer want me.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #53 - Jul 12th, 2021 at 6:58pm

Carl D wrote on Jul 12th, 2021 at 6:53pm:
lol... where are these people getting your email address from, Bobby?

The only one of those money scams I ever received by email was 20 years ago when I was an Internet 'noob' and didn't realize leaving your email address 'in plain sight' on a particular forum would cause it to be harvested by scammers.

Actually, the forum concerned was at fault there because when you put the mouse pointer over a members' name it showed their email address at the bottom of the web browser.

They did eventually fix the 'flaw' but probably not before everyone's email addresses had been collected by scammers.

I closed that particular email address shortly afterwards but just for laughs I temporarily reactivated it about 5 years later and it was STILL getting spammed. Grin Grin

If I was still with the same ISP (it was an ISP email address) I might have given it another try to see whether it was still getting spam 20 years later but I wouldn't have been surprised if it was.

It's an old Hotmail address that I still have
in my Outlook email client.
I find these emails a lot of fun.  Smiley

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #54 - Jul 12th, 2021 at 6:59pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 12th, 2021 at 6:54pm:
I got another email:

COPY OF EMAIL:

Hello Good Friend

Thanks,

Marsh Arce

Quote:

Well Set,
you're welcome to reply to any of the emails I posted here and
you could be worth 10s of $millions.   Grin

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #55 - Jul 12th, 2021 at 7:10pm

Bobby. wrote on Jul 12th, 2021 at 6:59pm:
Setanta wrote on Jul 12th, 2021 at 6:54pm:
I got another email:

COPY OF EMAIL:

Hello Good Friend

Thanks,

Marsh Arce

Quote:

Well Set,

That would be dishonest, that wealth was meant for you.

Wouldn't say no to a few Ukrainian housekeepers though. Grin

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #56 - Jul 12th, 2021 at 7:26pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 12th, 2021 at 7:10pm:
Well Set,

Those housekeepers are a dime a dozen -
you can have a harem of them.  Grin

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #57 - Jul 12th, 2021 at 7:33pm

Bobby. wrote on Jul 12th, 2021 at 7:26pm:
Setanta wrote on Jul 12th, 2021 at 7:10pm:
Well Set,

Those housekeepers are a dime a dozen -
you can have a harem of them.  Grin

That's not an unpleasant idea. Alas I might only be able to afford one.

Hmm, unless... Nah, not into sharing.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Jul 13th, 2021 at 7:01am

Got one from the Funds Investigator asking me to verify that I'd received my undisclosed sum and to let him know how much I had received.

How much is zero as a percentage of an undisclosed sum?

Now then - the Chinese lady of 33 who wants to give me a billion dollars to marry her and bring her out of China... I want a down payment.... a retainer ...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #59 - Jul 13th, 2021 at 7:16am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 13th, 2021 at 7:01am:
Got one from the Funds Investigator asking me to verify that I'd received my undisclosed sum and to let him know how much I had received.

How much is zero as a percentage of an undisclosed sum?

Now then - the Chinese lady of 33 who wants to give me a billion dollars to marry her and bring her out of China... I want a down payment.... a retainer ...

Post it here.  Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Send Topic Print