Gold Member

Re: Australian ʇᴉɥS Towns
Reply #75 - Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:09pm

Setanta wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 8:56pm:
AiA wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 8:51pm:
Gordon wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 8:39pm:
AiA wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 8:35pm:
Setanta wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 7:54pm:
It's funny as the servings are not based on the size of the plate which I'd say is the case everywhere.

Not true at a serve-yourself all-you-can-eat buffet ... the serving is very much based on the size of the plate.

Apart from hotel breakfast buffet, I honestly can't remember the last time I went to an all you can eat place.

They are generally disgusting, the American ones much so. Ever seen a Mexican at a Chinese restaurant in America? Jesus.

Do they hoe into the chicken chow mein yelling  "i chihuahua, that was bueno!"

More like 4 plates of food piled high - two plates in each hand - while farting and laughing then back for more.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #76 - Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:10pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:07pm:
It's funny as the servings are not based on the size of the plate which I'd say is the case everywhere.

Not true at a serve-yourself all-you-can-eat buffet ... the serving is very much based on the size of the plate.

Apart from hotel breakfast buffet, I honestly can't remember the last time I went to an all you can eat place.

They are generally disgusting, the American ones much so. Ever seen a Mexican at a Chinese restaurant in America? Jesus.

I honestly don't think I could even go into one. I've actually relly gone off eating out altogether, so having to watch fatties eating huge plates of slops would be too much.

Did you get those entertainment/dine vouchers from the Govt? They've been extended to the end of August now, I have mine but haven't used them, they were due to run out at the end of June.

Any NSW resident can get them, take your kids to the movies and feed them.
https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/dine-discover-nsw

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #77 - Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:11pm

I honestly don't think I could even go into one. I've actually relly gone off eating out altogether, so having to watch fatties eating huge plates of slops would be too much.

I once worked with 4 Poms in America. One of them laughingly told me that fatties know where the best restaurants are. I looked at him seriously and told him that may be true in the UK but he hadn't been in the States long enough to see how untrue that is here.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #78 - Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:13pm

AiA wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:09pm:
Setanta wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 8:56pm:

Do they hoe into the chicken chow mein yelling  "i chihuahua, that was bueno!"

More like 4 plates of food piled high - two plates in each hand - while farting and laughing then back for more.

Aww, you didn't get the mention of Chinese restaurant and eating chicken sized dog.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #79 - Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:15pm

Setanta wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:10pm:

Did you get those entertainment/dine vouchers from the Govt? They've been extended to the end of August now, I have mine but haven't used them, they were due to run out at the end of June.

My wife took the 4 year old to the aquarium but they were having trouble verifying the tickets and there was a long queue for voucher holders, so she just paid for it.

If I asked my 14 year old to go to the movies with me, right after she made a noise of exhaling air, she'd say something like, yeah LoL dad.

IBI

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #80 - Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:16pm

Americans have optimized gluttony. And it shows.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #81 - Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:17pm

AiA wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:11pm:

I once worked with 4 Poms in America. One of them laughingly told me that fatties know where the best restaurants are. I looked at him seriously and told him that may be true in the UK but he hadn't been in the States long enough to see how untrue that is here.

I guess if large quantities of food qualifies as good, then he'd be right.

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #82 - Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:29pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:15pm:

My wife took the 4 year old to the aquarium but they were having trouble verifying the tickets and there was a long queue for voucher holders, so she just paid for it.

If I asked my 14 year old to go to the movies with me, right after she made a noise of exhaling air, she'd say something like, yeah LoL dad.

Grin

My sons never had that anti-oldies thing. But then I think they saw us as people not just parents. Pretty sure they thought we were kinda cool to hang with.
We never sent them off to play while the adults did their crap, they were always where they wanted to be, it's their house too, and would sit at the table with our friends and join in any discussions and I've never censored what they hear, read or listen to. Well except for oldest son and shyte gangsta rap, I really can't deal with that.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #83 - Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:32pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:17pm:

These POMS were obsessed that if they stayed in America long enough they would get fat too, as if it were an airborne virus.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #84 - Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:36pm

AiA wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:32pm:

These POMS were obsessed that if they stayed in America long enough they would get fat too, as if it were an airborne virus.

I suppose living in excess can be kinda catching if you are not careful and if there is one place you can do that... to... excess... It's the US.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #85 - Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:40pm

Setanta wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:29pm:
Gordon wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:15pm:

Grin

My sons never had that anti-oldies thing. But then I think they saw us as people not just parents. Pretty sure they thought we were kinda cool to hang with.
We never sent them off to play while the adults did their crap, they were always where they wanted to be, it's their house too, and would sit at the table with our friends and join in any discussions and I've never censored what they hear, read or listen to. Well except for oldest son and shyte gangsta rap, I really can't deal with that.

It's more a categories thing. Surfing, just general hanging out is fine but movies and stuff like that is what you do with friends.
And fortunately, on music, we're totally synced.   

Also, girl teens get way more snotty than boy teens.  Grin

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #86 - Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:41pm

Setanta wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:36pm:

I suppose living in excess can be kinda catching if you are not careful and if there is one place you can do that... to... excess... It's the US.

I can see that. Every time you order food in the US, you get way more calories than you need.

IBI

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #87 - Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:45pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:41pm:

I can see that. Every time you order food in the US, you get way more calories than you need.

If I didn't have a wife who likes to dine out every once in a while I don't think I would ever go to a restaurant in America.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #88 - Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:58pm

AiA wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:45pm:

If I didn't have a wife who likes to dine out every once in a while I don't think I would ever go to a restaurant in America.

I'm enjoying eating out less and less. My last birthday I was being non-enthusiastic about going out for a birthday dinner, my daughter went to the local high end deli then made an antipasto platter. She only spent about $40 but was perfect.

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #89 - Jun 29th, 2021 at 10:13pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:58pm:
AiA wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 9:45pm:

I'm enjoying eating out less and less. My last birthday I was being non-enthusiastic about going out for a birthday dinner, my daughter went to the local high end deli then made an antipasto platter. She only spent about $40 but was perfect.

I haven't eaten at a restaurant since I started a business with someone else and he wanted to eat out to discuss it, why do you have to eat out to do that? That was in 1998. I've knocked back many invites. My wife likes it though and even though I thought it a blessing the vouchers were running out, I don't think I can put it off for another 2 months.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print