John Smith wrote on Dec 18th, 2022 at 4:31pm:
Frank wrote on Dec 18th, 2022 at 11:45am:
John Smith wrote on Dec 17th, 2022 at 7:04pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Dec 17th, 2022 at 5:54pm:
John Smith wrote on Dec 17th, 2022 at 5:39pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Dec 17th, 2022 at 12:58pm:
John Smith wrote on Dec 16th, 2022 at 8:49pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Dec 16th, 2022 at 7:35pm:
As for what you refer to as "your culture", are you referring to an extinct  hunter-gatherer economy with its associated culture?

I'm saying whatever part of their culture they're trying to cling to. I don't particularly recall anyone citing a desire to back to hunter/gatherers but I could be wrong

Understood.

Unfortunately, there is a tendency to cling to culture

They have to see for themselves what is and isn't any longer relevant.  Otherwise it's just someone else putting restrictions on their culture

Well, this is where "truth-telling" on both sides comes in. Should ancient custom, which is restrictive to others not part of what remains of that ancient culture, persevere for the sake of culture?

I wonder if the offer of clean housing and a Job Guarantee (promoted by Pearson) would entice them away from the "sanctity" of Mt. Warning....

(probably not, throughout the ages men have preferred to die for religion than live for ....life).

As a non aboriginal you can't tell them anything,  truthful or otherwise.  They have to experience it for themselves

But as Aborigines, they can tell non-Aborigines what they should do for them. It's called the Voice,  innit?

Good one, Thick-as. 

The Voice isn't about telling non aborigines what to do you moron.  Seriously,  for someone who claims to be highly educated you're a complete and utter moron.

What IS it about then, Thick-as?  To 'advise' non-Aborigines on what to do about things affecting Aboriginals.

I have never claimed anything, thick as mince in treacle set in concrete. That would be Tut-tutsie Bbbwian with the mail order doktorate.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Racism Warning
Reply #451 - Dec 18th, 2022 at 5:03pm

If you don't know what it's about why are you even commenting? Frkk of back to naziland and leave Australia's politics to Australians

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #452 - Dec 18th, 2022 at 5:08pm

John Smith wrote on Dec 18th, 2022 at 5:03pm:
If you don't know what it's about why are you even commenting? Frkk of back to naziland and leave Australia's politics to Australians

Cheesy Cheesy

I TOLD you what it is about, Thick-as. The Voice is to 'advise' non-Aborigines on what to do about things affecting Aboriginals.

You show yourself up, thicko, for the swivel eyed peasant you are. Go and paint a dunny. Paint two. That's should calm you, make you feel at home.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #453 - Dec 18th, 2022 at 5:09pm

That's all Smith has got -
for years his main reply  is "you're a moron".

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #454 - Dec 18th, 2022 at 6:38pm

Booby. You are a moron.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #455 - Dec 18th, 2022 at 7:23pm

As for what you refer to as "your culture", are you referring to an extinct  hunter-gatherer economy with its associated culture?

I'm saying whatever part of their culture they're trying to cling to. I don't particularly recall anyone citing a desire to back to hunter/gatherers but I could be wrong

Understood.

They have to see for themselves what is and isn't any longer relevant.  Otherwise it's just someone else putting restrictions on their culture

Well, this is where "truth-telling" on both sides comes in. Should ancient custom, which is restrictive to others not part of what remains of that ancient culture, persevere for the sake of culture?

I wonder if the offer of clean housing and a Job Guarantee (promoted by Pearson) would entice them away from the "sanctity" of Mt. Warning....

(probably not, throughout the ages men have preferred to die for religion than live for ....life).

As a non aboriginal you can't tell them anything,  truthful or otherwise.  They have to experience it for themselves

But as Aborigines, they can tell non-Aborigines what they should do for them. It's called the Voice,  innit?

Good one, Thick-as. 

The Voice isn't about telling non aborigines what to do you moron.  Seriously,  for someone who claims to be highly educated you're a complete and utter moron.

What's the point of it then?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #456 - Dec 18th, 2022 at 9:55pm

freediver wrote on Dec 18th, 2022 at 7:23pm:

Understood.

Good one, Thick-as. 

Mate... has anyone here ever suggested limiting nested quotes to two maximum?        Cool

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #457 - Dec 18th, 2022 at 10:29pm

freediver wrote on Dec 18th, 2022 at 4:06pm:
Just a FYI, not everyone actually wants to work for a living.

Ah, the neoliberal  excuse for the Phillips curve and NAIRU dogmas.

Of course mostly everyone who has not been demoralized by generational unemployment, or the psychological  scarring associated with involuntary unemployment in recessions, WANTS to work.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #458 - Dec 19th, 2022 at 7:07am

thegreatdivide wrote on Dec 18th, 2022 at 10:29pm:

Of course mostly everyone who has not been demoralized by generational unemployment, or the psychological  scarring associated with involuntary unemployment in recessions, WANTS to work.

I only do it for the money.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #459 - Dec 19th, 2022 at 11:09am

freediver wrote on Dec 19th, 2022 at 7:07am:

As is the case for most of us; whereas being forced to subsist on the dole, in the competitive neoliberal job market, is another thing altogether:

http://pavlina-tcherneva.net/the-case-for-a-job-guarantee/

"One of the most enduring ideas in economics is that unemployment is both unavoidable and necessary for the smooth functioning of the economy. This assumption has provided cover for the devastating social and economic costs of job insecurity. It is also false".

you were saying not everyone wants to work; you are complicit in the cover-up referred to in the highlighted above, in our neoliberal NAIRU economy.

Only those so demoralized by long-term un-underemployment and dysfunctional family life don't want to work, and would prefer to subsist on the dole. 

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #460 - Dec 19th, 2022 at 1:35pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Dec 19th, 2022 at 11:09am:
freediver wrote on Dec 19th, 2022 at 7:07am:

As is the case for most of us; whereas being forced to subsist on the dole, in the competitive neoliberal job market, is another thing altogether:

http://pavlina-tcherneva.net/the-case-for-a-job-guarantee/

"One of the most enduring ideas in economics is that unemployment is both unavoidable and necessary for the smooth functioning of the economy. This assumption has provided cover for the devastating social and economic costs of job insecurity. It is also false".

you were saying not everyone wants to work; you are complicit in the cover-up referred to in the highlighted above, in our neoliberal NAIRU economy.

Only those so demoralized by long-term un-underemployment and dysfunctional family life don't want to work, and would prefer to subsist on the dole. 

You are completely oblivious, aren't you?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #461 - Dec 19th, 2022 at 1:51pm

Frank wrote on Dec 18th, 2022 at 4:53pm:

Understood.

Good one, Thick-as. 

What IS it about then, Thick-as?  To 'advise' non-Aborigines on what to do about things affecting Aboriginals.

I have never claimed anything, thick as mince in treacle set in concrete. That would be Tut-tutsie Bbbwian with the mail order doktorate.

bugger me dead you're as dumb as dogshit. There is a
HUGE
difference between asking to be being heard and issuing orders. Seriously, get that refund, you're starting to make bobby look like a genius

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #462 - Dec 19th, 2022 at 1:52pm

freediver wrote on Dec 18th, 2022 at 7:23pm:

Understood.

Good one, Thick-as. 

to draw out all the bigots ....... look, it's working Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #463 - Dec 19th, 2022 at 1:54pm

If the aborigines and their 'supporters' want to drum up as much racism as they can, they are certainly going about it the right way.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #464 - Dec 19th, 2022 at 2:17pm

John Smith wrote on Dec 19th, 2022 at 1:51pm:
Frank wrote on Dec 18th, 2022 at 4:53pm:

Understood.

Good one, Thick-as. 

bugger me dead you're as dumb as dogshit. There is a
HUGE
difference between asking to be being heard and issuing orders. Seriously, get that refund, you're starting to make bobby look like a genius

What will the Voice be able to say that 1100 other Aboriginal organisations and a dozen Aboriginal fedrral parliamentary representatives cannot currently articulate, Shite-fer-brains?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 53
Send Topic Print