Send Topic Print
Racism Warning (Read 42817 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Racism Warning
Reply #465 - Mar 7th, 2023 at 7:30am

So far there are only two parties taking a coherent stand against racism: One Nation and Family First:

https://familyfirstparty.org.au/media-release-shelton-backs-re-opening-mt-warnin
g/?fbclid=IwAR0pfw8lbPV9jtc6gYcHwM77KdQWCWwJ1EOuyBi36vSOu9ztGwvJbKOEbGc

Family First-backed NSW upper house candidate Lyle Shelton said he supported the re-opening of Mt Warning, in the State’s far north, to bushwalkers.

“Mt Warning is part of a national park that should be shared by all Australians,” Mr Shelton said.

“I note the descendants of indigenous tribes in the area disagree over the ownership of the mountain.

“We must find a way for everyone to share the beauty of the bush and the mountain.

“Respecting indigenous culture should not mean a blanket ban on access.”

Mr Shelton noted the NSW government’s ban was only temporary and said he would support its lifting, if elected.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #466 - Mar 7th, 2023 at 7:41am

freediver wrote on Mar 7th, 2023 at 7:30am:
So far there are only two parties taking a coherent stand against racism: One Nation and Family First:

https://familyfirstparty.org.au/media-release-shelton-backs-re-opening-mt-warnin

Family First-backed NSW upper house candidate Lyle Shelton said he supported the re-opening of Mt Warning, in the State’s far north, to bushwalkers.

“Mt Warning is part of a national park that should be shared by all Australians,” Mr Shelton said.

“I note the descendants of indigenous tribes in the area disagree over the ownership of the mountain.

“We must find a way for everyone to share the beauty of the bush and the mountain.

Mr Shelton noted the NSW government’s ban was only temporary and said he would support its lifting, if elected.

ONE NATION

FAMILY FIRST

👆 These parties ought to be supported more for taking such a stance against the left woke driven stupidity that’s spreading like a cancer in Australia atm.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #467 - Mar 7th, 2023 at 7:58am

Social media probably has a role to play

I have a few bushwalking acquaintances who are members of a Facebook group

Reopen mount warning

I actually joined just to give them some support but I was amazed by the lodge number of members possibly approaching 100000 I think
That gives this group significant political clout

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #468 - Mar 7th, 2023 at 8:05am

I thought this thread may have been a disclaimer from the forum owner as to the usual content of his new 'Aboriginal Affairs" board but alas, it's just him redefining racism for his masses. As he usually does.

Carry on folks.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #469 - Mar 7th, 2023 at 8:41am

Lisa Jones wrote on Mar 7th, 2023 at 7:41am:
freediver wrote on Mar 7th, 2023 at 7:30am:

ONE NATION

FAMILY FIRST

👆 These parties ought to be supported more for taking such a stance against the left woke driven stupidity that’s spreading like a cancer in Australia atm.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #470 - Mar 7th, 2023 at 9:44am

mothra wrote on Mar 7th, 2023 at 8:05am:
I thought this thread may have been a disclaimer from the forum owner as to the usual content of his new 'Aboriginal Affairs" board but alas, it's just him redefining racism for his masses. As he usually does.

Carry on folks.

Racism don't give a damn what colour your paint job is, or your religion, or your social standing.... racism is as racism does, suh!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #471 - Mar 7th, 2023 at 9:47am

John Smith wrote on Dec 19th, 2022 at 1:52pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 18th, 2022 at 7:23pm:
John Smith wrote on Dec 18th, 2022 at 4:31pm:
Frank wrote on Dec 18th, 2022 at 11:45am:
John Smith wrote on Dec 17th, 2022 at 7:04pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Dec 17th, 2022 at 5:54pm:
John Smith wrote on Dec 17th, 2022 at 5:39pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Dec 17th, 2022 at 12:58pm:
John Smith wrote on Dec 16th, 2022 at 8:49pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Dec 16th, 2022 at 7:35pm:
As for what you refer to as "your culture", are you referring to an extinct  hunter-gatherer economy with its associated culture?

I'm saying whatever part of their culture they're trying to cling to. I don't particularly recall anyone citing a desire to back to hunter/gatherers but I could be wrong

Understood.

Unfortunately, there is a tendency to cling to culture

They have to see for themselves what is and isn't any longer relevant.  Otherwise it's just someone else putting restrictions on their culture

Well, this is where "truth-telling" on both sides comes in. Should ancient custom, which is restrictive to others not part of what remains of that ancient culture, persevere for the sake of culture?

I wonder if the offer of clean housing and a Job Guarantee (promoted by Pearson) would entice them away from the "sanctity" of Mt. Warning....

(probably not, throughout the ages men have preferred to die for religion than live for ....life).

As a non aboriginal you can't tell them anything,  truthful or otherwise.  They have to experience it for themselves

But as Aborigines, they can tell non-Aborigines what they should do for them. It's called the Voice,  innit?

Good one, Thick-as. 

The Voice isn't about telling non aborigines what to do you moron.  Seriously,  for someone who claims to be highly educated you're a complete and utter moron.

What's the point of it then?

to draw out all the bigots ....... look, it's working Roll Eyes

Yes the bigots etc are lining up unthinkingly to vote for it.... it won't get up, though... too stupid an idea for words....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #472 - Mar 7th, 2023 at 9:49am

racism - prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group,

Don't say a single word about colour........ move along, children....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #473 - Mar 7th, 2023 at 5:48pm

Carry on folks.

Now now, Mother, FD's finally changed his political support from the Sustainability Party to One Nation and Family First. They're the only ones standing up for our race.

Sometimes a statement is just a statement.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #474 - Mar 7th, 2023 at 5:53pm

Karnal wrote on Mar 7th, 2023 at 5:48pm:

Carry on folks.

Now now, Mother, FD's finally changed his political support from the Sustainability Party to One Nation and Family First. They're the only ones standing up for our race.

It must be time for....

IBI

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #475 - Mar 7th, 2023 at 6:24pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 7th, 2023 at 5:53pm:

Carry on folks.

It must be time for....

It's that time of the day, dear.

FD? What say you? It's BREAKING...

AUSTRALIAN SAVAGES ATTACK: DRUNKEN CAIRNS ABORIGINALS ATTACK HARMLESS PHOTOGRAPHER JUST GOING ABOUT HIS BUSINESS, SO UNFAIR.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #476 - Mar 7th, 2023 at 6:51pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 7th, 2023 at 5:53pm:

Carry on folks.

It must be time for....

They are making the two finger salute the English long bow archers popularised against the French during the Hundred Year War.

How cultural appropriation!  Rent? 10 rupees?

They drink themselves stupid because - what? What is the acceptable explanation? Cook? Philip and the First Fleet? 19th century bollocking? 20th century bollocking? Post war immigration?

Why aren't the Jooos face down in their pizzas, pissed out of their minds by midday?? They had a pretty severe bollocking across Europe quite recently.

Why aren't the Germans expelled from various Eastern European countries wallowing in drunken self pity, squalor and violence?  The Kurds? The bloody Aborigines, the red Indians, the blacks of America, they bellyache and gimme because they can - imagine them trying this shite on in China.

Pearson is giving the Boyer Lectures on the ABC. Are these drunken Abos proud and impressed? No. He's not talking to them.

There is no kudos, accolades and money in talking to them. So nobody talks to them. These Abos live exactly as they have for 40 thousand years.

« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2023 at 7:08pm by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #477 - Mar 7th, 2023 at 7:01pm

Carry on folks.

Would you like to offer your definition of racism Mothra? Or is this your cue to run away?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #478 - Mar 7th, 2023 at 8:25pm

On 03.06.08 Eve Carson was kidnapped. Laurence Lovette and Demario Atwater forced their way into the 22-year-old's car and drove her to several ATM's to withdraw cash for them. Eve begged for her life and even asked the boys to pray with her.
but they decided to kill her because she had seen their faces. Laurence shot her four times with a handgun; when she survived this and was still moving and trying to defend herself, Demario shot her in the face with a 12-gauge shotgun.

Intergenerational post colonial trauma. Has to be. Couldn't POSSIBLY be anything else.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #479 - Mar 7th, 2023 at 8:31pm

the left treat them like simpletons
the racism of low expectations

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 53