Intermittent fasting (Read 3954 times)
Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: Intermittent fasting
Reply #15 - Sep 19th, 2021 at 2:44am

Gordon wrote on Aug 30th, 2021 at 12:25pm:
I've also heard you can dial it right back and still get a lot of the benefits.

I think the minimum is a very light breakfast, no lunch then dinner, which I've been doing on non-weights days.

Breakfast is about 1/2 cup of oats as porridge, black coffee.
Middle of the day, a cup of vege broth
Normal dinner.

Very interesting.

I've always just basically stuck to this routine :

1. 7 am - 1 cup of coffee (with 1 teaspoon of raw sugar plus some soy milk) for breakfast.

2. 11 am - another coffee as per above.

3. 1 pm - lunch. Generally a salad and tuna sandwich or a bowl of soup with 2 pieces of toast with low salt margarine.

4. 6 pm - dinner. Always something yummy and home cooked. 1 plate that's all. A slice of bread (maybe).

* I usually have Turkish bread or Lebanese bread. I love the taste and I've always had that sort of bread growing up.

* I'm not into sweets. I'm definitely a savoury person so cakes and biscuits etc are not my thing.

* IF I snack during the day it will be mid afternoon and will be an apple or a banana.

I probably should exercise more but I know I do a lot of gardening and cleaning and running around anyway (so I figure at least I'm not sitting down all day in some office).

How am I travelling? I have no idea nowadays. I guess I'm too busy worrying about those around me. 😩🥺

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #16 - Sep 19th, 2021 at 3:50am

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 11th, 2021 at 1:02am:
Bias_2012 wrote on Sep 11th, 2021 at 12:57am:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Sep 10th, 2021 at 8:30pm:
They are REALLY good. Amazing how much energy you get during a fast

That's why prisoners had the strength to build bridges for the Japanese

No. It was either work as a slave, or die.

Good incentive

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Reply #17 - Sep 19th, 2021 at 5:41pm

Lisa, use butter not margarine. I know it is a pain in the butt to have to wait 30 minutes for the butter to be soft enough to spread. But butter is better for you.

At this stage...
IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Sep 22nd, 2021 at 8:31pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 18th, 2021 at 11:13pm:
rhino wrote on Sep 18th, 2021 at 9:48pm:
I have gone down a couple of percent body fat I reckon. No loss of energy, no loss of motivation, improved concentration. You need to combine this method with a keto diet because the body will produce ketones which are much more beneficial for the body to run on than carbohydrates or (glucose).

There are a lot of fads out there weight loss is a huge industry i should note the Australian Institute of Sport doesn't follow any of these fad diets.

Skinfold calipers are cheap  give an accurate way of measuring bodyfat you can do it with 4 main sites subscapular suprailiac ( about an inch above hip on side) bicep and tricep. Add up the total look at the chart in some cases age correct it.

If you look at food Carbs break down into glucose which give energy protein breaks down into amino acids which help body rebuild and repair and fat breaks down into fat which is stored energy on your body.

If you eat more calories than you burn up it will be stored on your body as fat regardless of which group (carbs, protein,fat) they came from.

How much protein you need to eat every day varies if you have a sedentry lifestyle 1 gram of protein per kilogram of your weight is enough ie 90 kg person 90 grams. If you workout fairly hard i would double it. With 100 grams of chicken you get 27 grams of protein, 100 grams of steak gives about 25 grams of protein. 1 egg has about 6 grams of protein.Choose the leaner types like chicken breast over thighs eye fillet over chops and there is a study showing shellfish are a superfood.
If you get sore after workouts you need more protein. Your body cannot efficiently process large amounts of protein in one meal so spread it out through the day.

Carbs break down into glucose which give you energy. By Carbs i mean fruit vegetables pasta rice bread etc with the exception of olives avocado and nuts which are fats. There are SFA calories in tomatos strawberries and watery fruits and veg so not really limited with eating them. If you lack energy you need more carbs. How these carbs are cooked makes a huge difference don't cook in oil and don't add fats like butter etc to them.When you do high intensity stuff for shorter duration like a couple of minutes your body runs on anaerobic energy system which uses glucose for energy.

Fat goes on as fat so avoid all fats i put sugary things like chocolate and sweets and twisties cheezels etc into fat category. Olives avocado and nuts are really the only fats you should eat. When you get your heart rate up and maintain it for minimum 15 minutes your body starts running on aerobic energy system which uses bodyfat.

Those like Usain Bolt who do 100m sprints then rest run on Creatine Phosphate energy system which is only good for about 20 seconds they need glucose for that. Since it only takes Bolt 10 seconds to run 100M he would be good to go again after 30 second rest, if you take 15 seconds you would be good to go again after 45 second rest. If you want to do sprint training then rest for 3 times what it took to run 100m then go again.

If weight loss (reducing bodyfat) is your goal eat no more protein than you need cuts carbs down until energy levels start to drop and cuts out all fats including avocado olives/oil along with all junk food. Look for around 1500 calories a day.

Chris Hemsworth doesn't do any of these fads he eats around 6 times a day to build his body which is what most huge bodybuilders do they have bodyfat levels around 6%.

As for keto it's just another fad- https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/should-you-try-the-keto-diet

No mate, complete bullsh1t. You shouldnt post if you dont know anything, all that sh1t is made up. Stop clogging my thread with absolute nonsense.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Sep 22nd, 2021 at 8:35pm

Some of you idiots need to take a look at yourself,  instead of reading an intelligent thread full of knowledge you can take to the bank you instead choose to use it as a way to somehow "score points" by making up your own supposed knowledge on subjects and posting absolute bulldust. WTF you retards get out of that I do not know.  The CSIRO total wellbeing diet is an example of a Keto diet you fool, its not a "fad".

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Sep 22nd, 2021 at 10:05pm

rhino wrote on Sep 22nd, 2021 at 8:35pm:
  The CSIRO total wellbeing diet is an example of a Keto diet you fool, its not a "fad".

The CSIRO diet is not a Keto diet they're 2 separate things with nothing in common. As my Harvard medical school link shows the keto diet is not healthy. Fit and healthy are 2 separate terms you can be fit and unhealthy. The Keto diet is an unhealthy fad.

This Keto calculator says i should consume 30g carbs 138g protein and a whopping 232 g of fat per day. The CSIRO diet will be majority carbs then protein with minimum fat which is nothing like a keto diet.

https://www.ketocustomplan.com/quiz/main?gclid=Cj0KCQjwqKuKBhCxARIsACf4XuHmsJNcz...

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Sep 22nd, 2021 at 10:13pm

rhino wrote on Sep 22nd, 2021 at 8:31pm:
I have gone down a couple of percent body fat I reckon. No loss of energy, no loss of motivation, improved concentration. You need to combine this method with a keto diet because the body will produce ketones which are much more beneficial for the body to run on than carbohydrates or (glucose).

There are a lot of fads out there weight loss is a huge industry i should note the Australian Institute of Sport doesn't follow any of these fad diets.

Skinfold calipers are cheap  give an accurate way of measuring bodyfat you can do it with 4 main sites subscapular suprailiac ( about an inch above hip on side) bicep and tricep. Add up the total look at the chart in some cases age correct it.

If you look at food Carbs break down into glucose which give energy protein breaks down into amino acids which help body rebuild and repair and fat breaks down into fat which is stored energy on your body.

If you eat more calories than you burn up it will be stored on your body as fat regardless of which group (carbs, protein,fat) they came from.

How much protein you need to eat every day varies if you have a sedentry lifestyle 1 gram of protein per kilogram of your weight is enough ie 90 kg person 90 grams. If you workout fairly hard i would double it. With 100 grams of chicken you get 27 grams of protein, 100 grams of steak gives about 25 grams of protein. 1 egg has about 6 grams of protein.Choose the leaner types like chicken breast over thighs eye fillet over chops and there is a study showing shellfish are a superfood.
If you get sore after workouts you need more protein. Your body cannot efficiently process large amounts of protein in one meal so spread it out through the day.

Carbs break down into glucose which give you energy. By Carbs i mean fruit vegetables pasta rice bread etc with the exception of olives avocado and nuts which are fats. There are SFA calories in tomatos strawberries and watery fruits and veg so not really limited with eating them. If you lack energy you need more carbs. How these carbs are cooked makes a huge difference don't cook in oil and don't add fats like butter etc to them.When you do high intensity stuff for shorter duration like a couple of minutes your body runs on anaerobic energy system which uses glucose for energy.

Fat goes on as fat so avoid all fats i put sugary things like chocolate and sweets and twisties cheezels etc into fat category. Olives avocado and nuts are really the only fats you should eat. When you get your heart rate up and maintain it for minimum 15 minutes your body starts running on aerobic energy system which uses bodyfat.

Those like Usain Bolt who do 100m sprints then rest run on Creatine Phosphate energy system which is only good for about 20 seconds they need glucose for that. Since it only takes Bolt 10 seconds to run 100M he would be good to go again after 30 second rest, if you take 15 seconds you would be good to go again after 45 second rest. If you want to do sprint training then rest for 3 times what it took to run 100m then go again.

If weight loss (reducing bodyfat) is your goal eat no more protein than you need cuts carbs down until energy levels start to drop and cuts out all fats including avocado olives/oil along with all junk food. Look for around 1500 calories a day.

Chris Hemsworth doesn't do any of these fads he eats around 6 times a day to build his body which is what most huge bodybuilders do they have bodyfat levels around 6%.

As for keto it's just another fad- https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/should-you-try-the-keto-diet

No mate, complete bullsh1t. You shouldnt post if you dont know anything, all that sh1t is made up. Stop clogging my thread with absolute nonsense.

I studied sport science nutrition was a big part of that. I have trained 3 world champions so no bullshit in my post.

Try the sprint training if it takes you 12 seconds to run 100m rest for 36 seconds your heart rate will have come down then run it again. Try that before you call bullshit then apologise for being wrong.

Chris Hemsworth didn't fast to build muscle and reduce bodyfat he eats 6-8 times a day just like the Rock Dwayne Johnson if anyone is posting bullshit here it's you.

The weight loss industry is worth billions lots of bullshit fads fleecing people without giving long term healthy gains.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Sep 23rd, 2021 at 12:09am

Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 22nd, 2021 at 10:13pm:
rhino wrote on Sep 22nd, 2021 at 8:31pm:

I studied sport science nutrition was a big part of that. I have trained 3 world champions so no bullshit in my post.

Try the sprint training if it takes you 12 seconds to run 100m rest for 36 seconds your heart rate will have come down then run it again. Try that before you call bullshit then apologise for being wrong.

Chris Hemsworth didn't fast to build muscle and reduce bodyfat he eats 6-8 times a day just like the Rock Dwayne Johnson if anyone is posting bullshit here it's you.
You dont know the basics, fat doesnt get stored more easily as fat on the body, the body burns fat more easily and makes into a combination of glucose and ketones. Muscle isnt burned or wasted when you dont eat, the body preserves muscle by burning visceral fat, thats why the body stores it. You think our ancestors bodies started cannibalising vital muscle and organs when they didnt eat? We wouldnt be here if that was so. Your post is completely full of misconceptions and ignorance on the subject of nutrition. Sports nutrritionist my arse. Dwayne johnson is a steroid user you twat, and so what, Hemsworth eats 6 times a day. 

Quote:
The weight loss industry is worth billions lots of bullshit fads fleecing people without giving long term healthy gains.
yeh I know, like the completely unsustainable and unhealthy bullsh1t 6 times a day diet with steroids. Take your ignorant cr@p somewhere else dummy.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Sep 23rd, 2021 at 12:17am

Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 22nd, 2021 at 10:05pm:
rhino wrote on Sep 22nd, 2021 at 8:35pm:
  The CSIRO total wellbeing diet is an example of a Keto diet you fool, its not a "fad".

The CSIRO diet is not a Keto diet they're 2 separate things with nothing in common.
Nothing in common? Are you stupid? They are both low carb you fool, thats the basis of both.  You claim to be educated on this subject? Thats what a keto diet is your moron, low carb.
Quote:
As my Harvard medical school link shows the keto diet is not healthy. Fit and healthy are 2 separate terms you can be fit and unhealthy. The Keto diet is an unhealthy fad.
No, your link doesnt show that at all. What your link says  is " We dont know if the diet works because we havent tested it" . I am a lifelong athlete, I have been on the Keto diet for some time and I have never felt fitter or healthier. You will not find one person who has been on the diet who is not healthier, not one.

Quote:
This Keto calculator says i should consume 30g carbs 138g protein and a whopping 232 g of fat per day. The CSIRO diet will be majority carbs then protein with minimum fat which is nothing like a keto diet.
Phuk you are an idiot, the CSIRO diet carbs at no more than 50 grams a day, low carb. Try actually reading what you are linking to. Any more ignorance you want to display and get PWNED on again?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Sep 23rd, 2021 at 12:21am

Just phuk off out of this thread you dkheds that know nothing.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #25 - Sep 23rd, 2021 at 2:03pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 19th, 2021 at 5:41pm:
Lisa, use butter not margarine. I know it is a pain in the butt to have to wait 30 minutes for the butter to be soft enough to spread. But butter is better for you.

I much prefer the taste of butter.

But I've never heard that butter is better than margarine before.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #26 - Sep 23rd, 2021 at 2:04pm

rhino wrote on Sep 23rd, 2021 at 12:21am:
Just phuk off out of this thread you dkheds that know nothing.

Calm down. Take a chill pill. It's not your forum. And everyone is only posting what they know or think they know.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #27 - Sep 23rd, 2021 at 2:06pm

I can't believe it's not butter...

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #28 - Sep 23rd, 2021 at 2:40pm

That's a corker 😂🤣😆

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #29 - Sep 23rd, 2021 at 2:50pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 19th, 2021 at 2:44am:
Gordon wrote on Aug 30th, 2021 at 12:25pm:
I've also heard you can dial it right back and still get a lot of the benefits.

I think the minimum is a very light breakfast, no lunch then dinner, which I've been doing on non-weights days.

Breakfast is about 1/2 cup of oats as porridge, black coffee.
Middle of the day, a cup of vege broth
Normal dinner.

Very interesting.

I've always just basically stuck to this routine :

1. 7 am - 1 cup of coffee (with 1 teaspoon of raw sugar plus some soy milk) for breakfast.

2. 11 am - another coffee as per above.

3. 1 pm - lunch. Generally a salad and tuna sandwich or a bowl of soup with 2 pieces of toast with low salt margarine.

4. 6 pm - dinner. Always something yummy and home cooked. 1 plate that's all. A slice of bread (maybe).

* I usually have Turkish bread or Lebanese bread. I love the taste and I've always had that sort of bread growing up.

* I'm not into sweets. I'm definitely a savoury person so cakes and biscuits etc are not my thing.

* IF I snack during the day it will be mid afternoon and will be an apple or a banana.

I probably should exercise more but I know I do a lot of gardening and cleaning and running around anyway (so I figure at least I'm not sitting down all day in some office).

How am I travelling? I have no idea nowadays. I guess I'm too busy worrying about those around me. 😩🥺

Oh....so how do you do the alleged work you say you do for your alleged 'Hubby?'  Do you have to run.....is that the 'job?'

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print