Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Mothers, you are very important (Read 3104 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Mothers, you are very important
Reply #15 - Aug 21st, 2022 at 8:37am

mothra wrote on Aug 21st, 2022 at 8:22am:
Feminism never even remotely suggested that their wasn't wrth in motherhood. A cruel lie. It is in fact through feminism that motherhood has ever even been put forward as a noble thing.

Historically, motherhood has been utterly taken for granted, despite even the death toll.

The whole spin on motherhood falling short of feminist ideals was a construct of the counter-argument. A tool to divide women and keep some on "their" side.

A tactic that still, unfortunately, works. But fortunately only on the very old and the very stupid.

Cheesy Cheesy

I'm a young, ambitious woman choosing kids over work

"My position as a mother is steadily being eroded by society. I hope my kids understand that I tried to give them my time, rather than more things."

BY VIRGINIA TAPSCOTT

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/the-oz/perspective/a-career-is-no-match-for-mot...

virginia.jpeg (141 KB | 6 )
virginia.jpeg

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #16 - Aug 21st, 2022 at 8:48am

Frank wrote on Aug 21st, 2022 at 8:37am:
Feminism never even remotely suggested that their wasn't wrth in motherhood. A cruel lie. It is in fact through feminism that motherhood has ever even been put forward as a noble thing.

Historically, motherhood has been utterly taken for granted, despite even the death toll.

The whole spin on motherhood falling short of feminist ideals was a construct of the counter-argument. A tool to divide women and keep some on "their" side.

A tactic that still, unfortunately, works. But fortunately only on the very old and the very stupid.

Cheesy Cheesy

"My position as a mother is steadily being eroded by society. I hope my kids understand that I tried to give them my time, rather than more things."

BY VIRGINIA TAPSCOTT

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/the-oz/perspective/a-career-is-no-match-for-mot...

It's always been about choice Frank and not allowing others to make you feel guilty about choosing to be a full time house wife and mother. I've never EVER looked back and I LOVE being a stay at home wife and mum. I love being able to help my husband with his consultancy and I enjoy being at home for our children and our friends and family and church. Call me old fashioned if you like...those who know me call me a happy and content REAL MOTHER who knows it's the most important job and privilege in the entire world. Cheers

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Aug 21st, 2022 at 8:56am

Cheesy Cheesy

BY VIRGINIA TAPSCOTT

And do you support fathers choosing to stay home, Frank? Think it should be about 50/50 who stays home and who pursues a career?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #18 - Aug 21st, 2022 at 9:36am

One of the male Americans I know via the internet chose to be the stay-home parent to look after the kids—his wife I think had high qualifications.

As the kids grew older he established a small business as a baker.

I respect people like that. Frank. . .not so much.
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2022 at 3:35pm by Jovial Monk »  

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Aug 21st, 2022 at 10:19am

Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 21st, 2022 at 9:36am:
One of the Americans I know via the internet chose to be the stay-home parent to look after the kids—his wife I think had high qualifications.

I respect people like that. Frank. . .no so much.

I reckon we can be pretty certain that Frank would consider that an aberration, if not a full blown deviancy.

The fact is that Frank's ideas of motherhood are entirely about women knowing our place.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Aug 21st, 2022 at 11:17am

mothra wrote on Aug 21st, 2022 at 8:56am:

Cheesy Cheesy

BY VIRGINIA TAPSCOTT

And do you support fathers choosing to stay home, Frank? Think it should be about 50/50 who stays home and who pursues a career?

It should not be prescribed by the likes of you, little Marxist theory-addled moth. The article is by a young woman, not by an old and stupid men, a trope you idiotically and reflexively deploy when you have run out of other idiotic slogans - ie by about your second or third sentence.

Children need their parents and in the beginning, their mother much more than their father, who is needed to support the mother. The parents can decide how they share the burden.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #21 - Aug 21st, 2022 at 1:33pm

mothra wrote on Aug 21st, 2022 at 10:19am:
One of the Americans I know via the internet chose to be the stay-home parent to look after the kids—his wife I think had high qualifications.

I reckon we can be pretty certain that Frank would consider that an aberration, if not a full blown deviancy.

The fact is that Frank's ideas of motherhood are entirely about women knowing our place.

That about sums up 95% of OzPol. Living fossils mostly.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #22 - Aug 21st, 2022 at 1:35pm

Say pressure—a law, whatever, and 99% of women stay home and look after the kids. How long before the living fossils—say Frank and Crappler—start saying “Why spend money putting women through High School? Just primary school plus typing and cooking is all they need!” Scratch a living fossil and find a Taliban.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Nov 18th, 2022 at 9:04pm

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 5:30pm

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jan 20th, 2023 at 7:53pm

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #26 - Jan 21st, 2023 at 5:58am

Frank wrote on Aug 21st, 2022 at 11:17am:
Children need their parents and in the beginning, their mother much more than their father, who is needed to support the mother. The parents can decide how they share the burden.

How do you define 'parents'?
Would you deny a group of women whose male relative was killed in war their right to raise an orphan ?

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jan 21st, 2023 at 8:07am

Ayn Marx wrote on Jan 21st, 2023 at 5:58am:
Frank wrote on Aug 21st, 2022 at 11:17am:

How do you define 'parents'?
Would you deny a group of women whose male relative was killed in war their right to raise an orphan ?

Cheesy

My sons used to ask me such questions when they were six: dad, which superpower would you have, invisibility or super strength.
Stuff like that.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Oct 20th, 2023 at 10:26pm

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #29 - Oct 20th, 2023 at 10:45pm

Well Mothra.
Some people can afford a better existence code than others.
You obviously can't and so make excuses for it.

Homosexuals (Trans, etc) = Financial over-achievers, Sexual under-achievers.
Rednecks = Financial under-achievers, Sexual over-achievers.
...two wrongs that can never accept a right.

Mothra makes excuses for people who commit crimes too.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print