Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Scott Morrison (Read 2649 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Scott Morrison
Nov 2nd, 2021 at 3:08pm

Well, stuff Scott Morrison!  I saw every bit of that exchange between Macron and the Media yesterday.  Macron had spear in hand and the very pointy end of it was right at the personal throat of Morrison, whom, in no uncertain terms, he called a liar. 
During that exchange, Macron handed out the usual diplomatic platitude of making the point that he has a fondness for Australia and Australians.  It was equally clear he had little to no fondness for a blatant liar.

Then over night what did I see.  I saw Morrison completely mischaracterise what Macron said.  He totally misrepresented what Macron said.  He verballed Macron.  He clearly asserted that Macron had sledged Australia and Australians.
No Morrison.  He did not. 

He certainly sledged the crap out of you very personally and very deliberately.  It was not accident and it certainly is no small thing.  He called you, Morrison a liar.  He did not, as you so falsely imply, make any adverse comment of any kind about Australia or Australians.  Quite the opposite.

Maybe you, Morrison, need to get back to some happy clapping and demonstrate some truly Christian values, one of which is honesty.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Scott Morrison
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 3:30pm

Morrison is an absolute disgrace.

And while he's out of the country, Beetrooter is the acting PM.

FFS, could it get any worse?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 3:51pm

"Editorial: French whine shouldn’t be mistaken for truth"

"Mr Macron is a skilled politician who likes getting his own way.

And he also has an election around the corner.

His tough talk shouldn’t be mistaken with the truth. And the Prime Minister has our support in doing what it takes to keep our country safe."

https://thewest.com.au/politics/editorial-french-whine-shouldnt-be-mistaken-for-...

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 3:54pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 2nd, 2021 at 3:08pm:
Well, stuff Scott Morrison!  I saw every bit of that exchange between Macron and the Media yesterday.  Macron had spear in hand and the very pointy end of it was right at the personal throat of Morrison, whom, in no uncertain terms, he called a liar. 
During that exchange, Macron handed out the usual diplomatic platitude of making the point that he has a fondness for Australia and Australians.  It was equally clear he had little to no fondness for a blatant liar.

Then over night what did I see.  I saw Morrison completely mischaracterise what Macron said.  He totally misrepresented what Macron said.  He verballed Macron.  He clearly asserted that Macron had sledged Australia and Australians.

He certainly sledged the crap out of you very personally and very deliberately.  It was not accident and it certainly is no small thing.  He called you, Morrison a liar.  He did not, as you so falsely imply, make any adverse comment of any kind about Australia or Australians.  Quite the opposite.

Maybe you, Morrison, need to get back to some happy clapping and demonstrate some truly Christian values, one of which is honesty.

Macron is pissed off because a French company with French government connivance has lost the opportunity to gouge the Australian  taxpayer over the submarine project.  The French thought they were the only game in town..they were wrong. Roll Eyes

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 5:00pm

lee wrote on Nov 2nd, 2021 at 3:51pm:
"Editorial: French whine shouldn’t be mistaken for truth"

"Mr Macron is a skilled politician who likes getting his own way.

And he also has an election around the corner.

His tough talk shouldn’t be mistaken with the truth. And the Prime Minister has our support in doing what it takes to keep our country safe."

https://thewest.com.au/politics/editorial-french-whine-shouldnt-be-mistaken-for-...

Link is paywalled. No matter....it likely does not address my point.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 5:04pm

Belgarion wrote on Nov 2nd, 2021 at 3:54pm:
Aussie wrote on Nov 2nd, 2021 at 3:08pm:

Macron is pissed off because a French company with French government connivance has lost the opportunity to gouge the Australian  taxpayer over the submarine project.  The French thought they were the only game in town..they were wrong. Roll Eyes

I don't care that Macron is pissed.  All I know is that I saw what he said when he said it.  He called Morrison a liar.  Clear as a bell.

Morrison proved Macron to be complete accurate in that description when Morrison asserted last night that Macron had sledged Australia and Australians.  Macron did not do that at all.  I saw it.  In fact, he did the exact opposite.

He sure did sledge Morrison very personally.  Nailed the prick.

You got anything better to add.

IP Logged

The Ungulate Who Said No

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 5:34pm

You're a traitorous imbecile having a bash at our PM over the PM of a foreign country who is clearly lying to cover their utter incompetence to meet specifics of a contract. What a pity we don't live in an age where feckless cV nts like you are marched to the nearest wall. I could just imagine what The Brigadier would say to traitorous scum like you.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 6:02pm

"But the newly released letter appears to contradict some of the claims from the French government about assurances provided hours before the contract was scrapped."

"Le Drian said this suggested “someone lied”. He added: “Something doesn’t add up and we don’t know what.” "

https://amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/oct/02/australia-told-french-sub...

I will call it the Guardian this time. I don't want to butt hurt anyone.

It seems the lie was on the French side. Probably better to feign ignorance to Macaroon.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 7:32pm

lee wrote on Nov 2nd, 2021 at 6:02pm:
"But the newly released letter appears to contradict some of the claims from the French government about assurances provided hours before the contract was scrapped."

"Le Drian said this suggested “someone lied”. He added: “Something doesn’t add up and we don’t know what.” "

https://amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/oct/02/australia-told-french-sub...

I will call it the Guardian this time. I don't want to butt hurt anyone.

It seems the lie was on the French side. Probably better to feign ignorance to Macaroon.

Jayzuz....right before your very eyes is the evidence that Morrison lied.  Macron did not sledge Australia or Australians. Right there is the proof that Morrison lies which supports Macron's very clear call.

Address that and not raise horseshit not even Morrison seeks to refer to.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #9 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 7:44pm

Aussie,
you love to over simplify anything to score a cheap political point.

France knew that Australia was unhappy with the sub deal for years.
The costs were piling up and we kept getting words but no action.

However - Australia is partially to blame -
we should have gone straight for the nuclear French subs
which were offered to us.
Instead we wanted a Frankenstein version with diesel engines
that couldn't do the job we needed.

It's just like the Seasprite helicopter -
another disaster that wasted $billions and ended up with nothing.
The Australian Govt. has been shown to be
incompetent for the last 50 years when
dealing with military purchases.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #10 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 7:52pm

Diesel powered submarines? WOFTAM because they're gutless/inferior to nuclear powered.

Morrison was right to NOT go ahead with the silly deal. My question is this: Who kickstarted the silly deal in the first place?

Why get the French involved at all?

The French have nuclear powered submarines so their diesel versions are now defunct. Australia would have been dumped with inferior weapons which the French no longer needed.

NB Diesel submarines have been around since the early 1900's....over 110 years ago 😳

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #11 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 8:03pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 2nd, 2021 at 7:52pm:
Diesel powered submarines? WOFTAM because they're gutless/inferior to nuclear powered.

Morrison was right to NOT go ahead with the silly deal. My question is this: Who kickstarted the silly deal in the first place?

Why get the French involved at all?

The French have nuclear powered submarines so their diesel versions are now defunct. Australia would have been dumped with inferior weapons which the French no longer needed.

NB Diesel submarines have been around since the early 1900's....over 110 years ago 😳

We were offered nuclear powered subs but the Greenies and WOKE people wanted diesel ones.
The French were asked to build a nuclear power sub without a nuclear reactor and instead
put in diesel engines.
We have idiots running our Govt.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #12 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 8:04pm

Malcolm bloody Turnbull was the PM when the so called 'deal of the century' was struck btwn Australia and France.

Terrible and costly mistake Turnbull!

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 8:09pm

Bobby. wrote on Nov 2nd, 2021 at 7:44pm:
Aussie,
you love to over simplify anything to score a cheap political point.

France knew that Australia was unhappy with the sub deal for years.
The costs were piling up and we kept getting words but no action.

However - Australia is partially to blame -
we should have gone straight for the nuclear French subs
which were offered to us.

Instead we wanted a Frankenstein version with diesel engines
that couldn't do the job we needed.

It's just like the Seasprite helicopter -
another disaster that wasted $billions and ended up with nothing.
The Australian Govt. has been shown to be
incompetent for the last 50 years when
dealing with military purchases.

At the time this was not an option. The French would probably have been happy to sell SSNs to us, but the political climate would not have allowed it. Now however, the Chinese problem has changed the game considerably and the unprecedented decision by the US to allow the nuclear technology transfer has made SSNs a reality for the RAN. 

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 8:14pm

Morrison is an absolute disgrace.

Anyone who defends him should hang their head in shame.

And, let's not forget: he was sacked from his last job for theft & fraud.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print