Send Topic Print
Scott Morrison (Read 2671 times)
lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Scott Morrison
Reply #45 - Nov 3rd, 2021 at 2:21pm

"Macron did not sledge Australia or Australians."

"Mr Macron, cornered by Australian journalists at the G20 summit in Rome, took aim at the Morrison government’s decision to scrap a $50 billion contract for French submarines and instead plan nuclear-powered boats with the United States and United Kingdom.

“I think this is detrimental to the reputation of your country and your Prime Minister,” the French president said."

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2021/11/01/great-shame-macron-morrison/

Yep. No sledge there. Grin Grin Grin Grin

Scott Morrison is an Australia - he was sledged. Wink

"The extraordinary moment French President Emmanuel Macron accuses Prime Minister Scott Morrison of lying to him. We approached President Macron on the sidelines of the G20."

Nope no sledge there just an outright accusation of lying. Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #46 - Nov 3rd, 2021 at 2:25pm

Spot

macron.jpg (138 KB | 2 )
macron.jpg

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #47 - Nov 3rd, 2021 at 4:04pm

lee wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 2:21pm:

"Mr Macron, cornered by Australian journalists at the G20 summit in Rome, took aim at the Morrison government’s decision to scrap a $50 billion contract for French submarines and instead plan nuclear-powered boats with the United States and United Kingdom.

“I think this is detrimental to the reputation of your country and your Prime Minister,” the French president said."

"The extraordinary moment French President Emmanuel Macron accuses Prime Minister Scott Morrison of lying to him. We approached President Macron on the sidelines of the G20."

Correct.

Morrison is an Australian.  He is not Australians and he is not Australia.

Do I really have to point such banal stuff out?

I guess I do to a liberal hack.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #48 - Nov 3rd, 2021 at 4:48pm

Nifty read.

Link.

Quote:
To be clear: Macron had not sledged Australians generally. He had sledged Morrison personally. (“I have a lot of respect for your country,” Macron said. “I have a lot of respect – and a lot of friendship – for your people.”)

It is typical of Morrison to turn a legitimate criticism into a platform to patriotically beat his own chest, but it’s certainly not going to help Australian foreign relations, which he continues to undermine on a daily basis.

And, indeed, to this lovely kick in the Morrison nuts:

Quote:
Again, for clarity’s sake: quite apart from the leaking of confidential materials, the implication being put around by Morrison’s office is that both the “ageing” US president and the “sledging” French president messed up, while Morrison was pure as the driven snow. No wonder world leaders keep ignoring him at public events.

Pariah.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Nov 3rd, 2021 at 5:08pm

from your reference -

"The Tele proposed that the text message from Macron (“Should I expect good or bad news for our joint submarines ambitions?”) somehow proved that he had been told that Australia was cancelling its submarine contract – and that the Frenchman “just didn’t want to hear it”. It proved nothing of the sort, and there was no evidence to support this contention other than the single text message and the assertions of “sources familiar with talks between the two men”. (Gee, who could they be?)"

You mean excluding the fact the Department of Defence letter expilictly states - "The matters addressed in this correspondence do not provide any authorisation to continue work or for the reimbursement of that work under CWS1 [Core Work Scope 1], other than in accordance with References A, B and C.” "

Aussie wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 4:48pm:
Again, for clarity’s sake: quite apart from the leaking of confidential materials

So you are saying that the President of the USA is not cleared to CONFIDENTIAL? What was confidential? The supplier? The work done? Roll Eyes

What a dill you are. Wink
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2021 at 5:17pm by lee »  

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Nov 3rd, 2021 at 6:35pm

lee wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 12:38pm:

it does no such thing

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Nov 3rd, 2021 at 6:38pm

lee wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 5:08pm:
from your reference -

"The Tele proposed that the text message from Macron (“Should I expect good or bad news for our joint submarines ambitions?”) somehow proved that he had been told that Australia was cancelling its submarine contract – and that the Frenchman “just didn’t want to hear it”. It proved nothing of the sort, and there was no evidence to support this contention other than the single text message and the assertions of “sources familiar with talks between the two men”. (Gee, who could they be?)"

You mean excluding the fact the Department of Defence letter expilictly states - "The matters addressed in this correspondence do not provide any authorisation to continue work or for the reimbursement of that work under CWS1 [Core Work Scope 1], other than in accordance with References A, B and C.” "

Again, for clarity’s sake: quite apart from the leaking of confidential materials

So you are saying that the President of the USA is not cleared to CONFIDENTIAL? What was confidential? The supplier? The work done? Roll Eyes

there is a HUGE difference between not authorizing approval to commence the next stage, and notifying them that the contract is cancelled.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Nov 3rd, 2021 at 7:21pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 4:04pm:
lee wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 2:21pm:

Correct.

Morrison is an Australian.  He is not Australians and he is not Australia.

Do I really have to point such banal stuff out?

I guess I do to a liberal hack.

\\

The meaning is quite clear...'detrimental to the reputation of your country'  Nothing ambiguous about that. Your wishing it does not make it so. Roll Eyes

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Nov 3rd, 2021 at 7:22pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 6:38pm:
from your reference -

there is a HUGE difference between not authorizing approval to commence the next stage, and notifying them that the contract is cancelled.

There was no contract to cancel. The French were well aware of this.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Nov 3rd, 2021 at 7:28pm

Belgarion wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 7:22pm:
from your reference -

There was no contract to cancel. The French were well aware of this.

Sure there was ... the PM of the day even had a big media announcement to let everyone know back when the french won it.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Nov 3rd, 2021 at 7:55pm

And?

"Naval Group had been aware since late last year that a decision to start the next phase of work would be subject to further government consideration."

"Canberra signaled in June it was looking for a way out of the contract, signed in 2016 with French company DCNS (now known as Naval Group) to build 12 Barracuda submarines.

Questioned by a Senate committee about issues with the project, Australia's Defense Secretary Greg Moriarty said: "It became clear to me we were having challenges ... over the last 15 to 12 months." He said his government had been considering its options, including what it could do if it was "unable to proceed" with the French deal.

Moriarty's admission came after his government in April refused to sign a contract for the next phase of the French submarine project, giving Naval Group until this month to comply with its demands. There were reports dating back to the beginning of this year that Canberra was seeking to walk away."

Naval Group is the French Connection.

Poor petal. What was it the French said again?

Oh that's right they were shocked. They had been told Australia was happy.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #56 - Nov 3rd, 2021 at 9:31pm

lee wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 7:55pm:

And?

"Naval Group had been aware since late last year that a decision to start the next phase of work would be subject to further government consideration."

"Canberra signaled in June it was looking for a way out of the contract, signed in 2016 with French company DCNS (now known as Naval Group) to build 12 Barracuda submarines.

Questioned by a Senate committee about issues with the project, Australia's Defense Secretary Greg Moriarty said: "It became clear to me we were having challenges ... over the last 15 to 12 months." He said his government had been considering its options, including what it could do if it was "unable to proceed" with the French deal.

Moriarty's admission came after his government in April refused to sign a contract for the next phase of the French submarine project, giving Naval Group until this month to comply with its demands. There were reports dating back to the beginning of this year that Canberra was seeking to walk away."

Naval Group is the French Connection.

Poor petal. What was it the French said again?

Oh that's right they were shocked. They had been told Australia was happy.

What are you saying.  None of that amounts to clear Notice to the French to Remedy any Breach.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Nov 3rd, 2021 at 9:37pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 9:31pm:
  None of that amounts to clear Notice to the French to Remedy any Breach.

They have been in breach. I haven't seen where they were entitled to any such notice. Did the French raise it?

They were way behind on contract. What would you have them do push it out anther 6 months and hope the catch up?

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Nov 3rd, 2021 at 9:45pm

It would be good to see our gay media stick up for our leaders once in a while when it comes to foreign affairs, They would be put on trial and shot in China and lynched in other countries.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #59 - Nov 3rd, 2021 at 10:44pm

lee wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 9:37pm:
Aussie wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 9:31pm:
  None of that amounts to clear Notice to the French to Remedy any Breach.

They have been in breach. I haven't seen where they were entitled to any such notice. Did the French raise it?

They were way behind on contract. What would you have them do push it out anther 6 months and hope the catch up?

In the ordinary course of Contract Law it is usual for a termination to follow a Notice to Remedy Breach.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print