IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Scott Morrison
Reply #91 - Nov 4th, 2021 at 7:58pm

lee wrote on Nov 4th, 2021 at 7:38pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 4th, 2021 at 7:37pm:
you really should post your family photos on this forum Lee.

Oh dear reduced to a juvenile tanty. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

But I posted yours.

you don't have access to mine. t can only be yours.

(let me guess, you don't consider posting images of trolls as juvenile,right?   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy ʞɔnɟ you're a moron)

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Nov 4th, 2021 at 8:03pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 4th, 2021 at 7:58pm:
you don't have access to mine.

You're right. And I wont post mine even though you apparently want me to. Wink

Did you actually read what YOU posted? I suspect not.

"you really should post your family photos on this forum Lee."

IP Logged

Jim Lahey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Lisa's Merc
Reply #93 - Nov 5th, 2021 at 5:51am

lee wrote on Nov 4th, 2021 at 7:38pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 4th, 2021 at 7:37pm:
you really should post your family photos on this forum Lee.

Oh dear reduced to a juvenile tanty. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

But I posted yours.

Hi Lee, does Clive pay you well?

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Nov 8th, 2021 at 11:04am

John Smith wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 7:28pm:
Belgarion wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 7:22pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 6:38pm:
lee wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 5:08pm:
from your reference -

"The Tele proposed that the text message from Macron (“Should I expect good or bad news for our joint submarines ambitions?”) somehow proved that he had been told that Australia was cancelling its submarine contract – and that the Frenchman “just didn’t want to hear it”. It proved nothing of the sort, and there was no evidence to support this contention other than the single text message and the assertions of “sources familiar with talks between the two men”. (Gee, who could they be?)"

You mean excluding the fact the Department of Defence letter expilictly states - "The matters addressed in this correspondence do not provide any authorisation to continue work or for the reimbursement of that work under CWS1 [Core Work Scope 1], other than in accordance with References A, B and C.” "

Aussie wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 4:48pm:
Again, for clarity’s sake: quite apart from the leaking of confidential materials

So you are saying that the President of the USA is not cleared to CONFIDENTIAL? What was confidential? The supplier? The work done? Roll Eyes

What a dill you are. Wink

there is a HUGE difference between not authorizing approval to commence the next stage, and notifying them that the contract is cancelled.

There was no contract to cancel. The French were well aware of this.

Sure there was ... the PM of the day even had a big media announcement to let everyone know back when the french won it.

There was not a contract for the whole project, rather a series of separate contracts for various stages, with no guarantees. This video explains it well. Skip to 58:40 for the details.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Nov 8th, 2021 at 9:27pm

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #96 - Nov 8th, 2021 at 10:15pm

Belgarion wrote on Nov 8th, 2021 at 9:27pm:

It changes nothing.  Plain and simple fact is....Morrison lied.  See the OP.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 8:32am

Aussie wrote on Nov 8th, 2021 at 10:15pm:

As I said earlier in this thread, your wishing does not make it so.

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #98 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 8:47am

Belgarion wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 8:32am:

Ok, show me where Macron sledged Australians and Australia.  If you can, you'll be the only person on the Planet to do so.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #99 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 11:27am

Aussie wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 8:47am:

Ok, show me where Macron sledged Australians and Australia.  If you can, you'll be the only person on the Planet to do so.

Easy: ".......because I think it's a very bad news for credibility of Australia and a very bad news for the trust that great partners can have with the Australians.

"I think this is detrimental to the reputation of your country and your Prime Minister."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-01/french-macron-accuses-morrison-of-lying-s...

Now, show me where Morrison was lying...

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #100 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 1:43pm

Belgarion wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 11:27am:
Aussie wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 8:47am:

Easy: ".......because I think it's a very bad news for credibility of Australia and a very bad news for the trust that great partners can have with the Australians.

"I think this is detrimental to the reputation of your country and your Prime Minister."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-01/french-macron-accuses-morrison-of-lying-s...

Now, show me where Morrison was lying...

Where  is the sledging of Australia and Australians.  Merely because they are mentioned is not a personal insult to either. What Morrison did DOES impact on the credibility of Australia (under Morrison's leadership) and does impact on whether international leaders can 'trust' anything which comes from this Country's PM.

But, pointing that out to you is, I know, a complete waste of time.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #101 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 5:02pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 1:43pm:
Where  is the sledging of Australia and Australians.  Merely because they are mentioned is not a personal insult to either. What Morrison did DOES impact on the credibility of Australia (under Morrison's leadership) and does impact on whether international leaders can 'trust' anything which comes from this Country's PM.

But, pointing that out to you is, I know, a complete waste of time.

I see you have nothing.

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #102 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 5:09pm

Belgarion wrote on Nov 8th, 2021 at 11:04am:
John Smith wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 7:28pm:
Belgarion wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 7:22pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 6:38pm:
lee wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 5:08pm:
from your reference -

"The Tele proposed that the text message from Macron (“Should I expect good or bad news for our joint submarines ambitions?”) somehow proved that he had been told that Australia was cancelling its submarine contract – and that the Frenchman “just didn’t want to hear it”. It proved nothing of the sort, and there was no evidence to support this contention other than the single text message and the assertions of “sources familiar with talks between the two men”. (Gee, who could they be?)"

You mean excluding the fact the Department of Defence letter expilictly states - "The matters addressed in this correspondence do not provide any authorisation to continue work or for the reimbursement of that work under CWS1 [Core Work Scope 1], other than in accordance with References A, B and C.” "

Aussie wrote on Nov 3rd, 2021 at 4:48pm:
Again, for clarity’s sake: quite apart from the leaking of confidential materials

So you are saying that the President of the USA is not cleared to CONFIDENTIAL? What was confidential? The supplier? The work done? Roll Eyes

What a dill you are. Wink

there is a HUGE difference between not authorizing approval to commence the next stage, and notifying them that the contract is cancelled.

There was no contract to cancel. The French were well aware of this.

Sure there was ... the PM of the day even had a big media announcement to let everyone know back when the french won it.

There was not a contract for the whole project, rather a series of separate contracts for various stages, with no guarantees. This video explains it well. Skip to 58:40 for the details.

Irrelevant if it was drawn up in stages or not. Everyone was told they won the contract and would be supplying our submarines. The announcemnt was not that they had won the right to design a submarine.

The company had the right to know, before it was publicly announced, that the govt. was no longer going to proceed with them in the remainder of the contract. Apart from it being good diplomacy, it's the decent thing to do. The company would have been gearing up for the next stage, employing people, buying equipment etc ....

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #103 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 9:22pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 5:09pm:
Irrelevant if it was drawn up in stages or not. Everyone was told they won the contract and would be supplying our submarines. The announcemnt was not that they had won the right to design a submarine.

The company had the right to know, before it was publicly announced, that the govt. was no longer going to proceed with them in the remainder of the contract. Apart from it being good diplomacy, it's the decent thing to do. The company would have been gearing up for the next stage, employing people, buying equipment etc ....

"Everyone was told" is not a contract. Naval Group was well aware of the stages involved and that there was no guarantee of future contracts. I know a few people involved with Naval Group and they were very frustrated by the lack of urgency (for want of a better word) on the French side for getting things done. 

As I said before, the French thought they were the only game in town and we would have to dance to their tune. Now they have discovered otherwise they are spitting the dummy. 

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #104 - Nov 10th, 2021 at 5:15pm

Belgarion wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 9:22pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 5:09pm:

"Everyone was told" is not a contract. Naval Group was well aware of the stages involved and that there was no guarantee of future contracts. I know a few people involved with Naval Group and they were very frustrated by the lack of urgency (for want of a better word) on the French side for getting things done. 

As I said before, the French thought they were the only game in town and we would have to dance to their tune. Now they have discovered otherwise they are spitting the dummy. 

Sure it is and Mimo will be in court to back the French in their lawsuit...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print