UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Re: Bridget Fonda
Reply #90 - Apr 18th, 2023 at 2:27pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 5th, 2022 at 5:56pm:
AiA wrote on Feb 5th, 2022 at 5:40pm:
Bridget was fit. Jesus, she let herself go, didn't she?

Her last movie was 2001 and she looked fine.
Did she decide to stop acting and let go or did she let go and stopped being given roles?

Bridget Fonda suffered a car accident in the year 2003. Fonda suffered a back injury. Since then, Bridget has focused on her marriage and her family. I could imagine that having cracked vertebrae would not encourage people to go out for a jog too often.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #91 - Apr 19th, 2023 at 10:01am

She's always looked that way Gordon.
It's just amazing what make-up and special effects can do in movies. Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #92 - Apr 19th, 2023 at 10:35am

I would surmise…. Vanity and fame went out of style for Bridget once she compared it to real life/love/family devotion, accident/injury/illness and decided then what was more important.
Looks to appeal to the unknown masses…..or plain ole down to earth being a mum etc
I would also say…Bridget is comfortable in her own body and where she is in life.

Besides… I look at photos of myself when younger and compare it to now… it’s like a different lifetime ago. But there is an item of clothing I had from when I was a 21 year old …that still fits me to this day!
Yep…. a scarf!  Smiley

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #93 - Apr 19th, 2023 at 12:10pm

And here I was thinking you were 21 Sophia.  Cheesy

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #94 - Apr 19th, 2023 at 12:13pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 19th, 2023 at 10:01am:
She's always looked that way Gordon.
It's just amazing what make-up and special effects can do in movies. Wink

The special effects and make up budget would have made the movies she appeared in to be unviable.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #95 - Apr 19th, 2023 at 12:20pm

Couple of whacks with a shovel and she'll be back in shape in no time.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #96 - Apr 19th, 2023 at 3:45pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 19th, 2023 at 12:20pm:
Couple of whacks with a shovel and she'll be back in shape in no time.

Pumpkin shape?

At this stage...
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #97 - Apr 19th, 2023 at 6:50pm

A whack from above and she'll be pear shaped again. Cheesy

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #98 - Apr 20th, 2023 at 9:07am

Jasin wrote on Apr 19th, 2023 at 12:10pm:
And here I was thinking you were 21 Sophia.  Cheesy

Well yeah… in 21 in each leg and a bit in each arm  Grin

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #99 - Apr 20th, 2023 at 3:09pm

I turned 44 over a month ago. It shocked me that even though I have doubled my age, my attitude had not changed in all those years.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #100 - Apr 20th, 2023 at 3:17pm

Sophia wrote on Apr 19th, 2023 at 10:35am:
I would surmise…. Vanity and fame went out of style for Bridget once she compared it to real life/love/family devotion, accident/injury/illness and decided then what was more important.
Looks to appeal to the unknown masses…..or plain ole down to earth being a mum etc
I would also say…Bridget is comfortable in her own body and where she is in life.

Besides… I look at photos of myself when younger and compare it to now… it’s like a different lifetime ago. But there is an item of clothing I had from when I was a 21 year old …that still fits me to this day!
Yep…. a scarf!  Smiley

Health wise due to the weight she's carrying, she's a hearth attack/stroke/cancer waiting to happen.

I bet she's pre diabetic

IBI

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #101 - Apr 20th, 2023 at 11:50pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 20th, 2023 at 3:17pm:
Sophia wrote on Apr 19th, 2023 at 10:35am:

Yep…. a scarf!  Smiley

Health wise due to the weight she's carrying, she's a hearth attack/stroke/cancer waiting to happen.

I bet she's pre diabetic

You know… I hate to break it to you Gordon… you being a young man…but getting older does have its health issues that creep up and sometimes unexpectedly.
It’s just the sort of stuff that goes hand in hand with aging. But we do the best to deal with it and stay positive.
We were talking about it this afternoon… hubby says how we at our age, make a conscious effort to live clean….no smoking, a drink or two only at special events… drink rain water, we live a quiet life and enjoy outdoors and nature.
It pays to have interests and hobbies too.
Agility and balance, vision/hearing…. all get effected as we age.
I never had to wear reading glasses until I was over 60 years of age.
I think that’s pretty good considering so many folk younger than that have to wear glasses, and some full time. I can see distance very clearly and read road signs etc without glasses.
And… I still have all my own teeth!  Grin
Just that bit of RA is annoying and I’m trying to work out what causes it and how to slow it down.
Strange thing is… I do lots of arty stuff and sewing and played musical instruments forever… but I still got a bit of RA in a couple of fingers of my left hand.
I’m so annoyed. I look at them and ask…. Why?! Why you do this to me?!
Doctors have said … your cholesterol is up a bit…
Yeah well I like butter  Grin
I sure as heck won’t take statins for it… we need cholesterol … our brains are made of it.
Once I had some sinus infection and all I could ingest was fruit.
A blood test showed my cholesterol dropped right down but triglycerides went right up!
Go figure! The body does what it wants! Grin

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #102 - Apr 21st, 2023 at 6:40am

Quote:
You know… I hate to break it to you Gordon… you being a young man…but getting older does have its health issues that creep up and sometimes unexpectedly.

The health consequences of obesity are hardly unexpected. Her doctor has probably warned her plenty of times already.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #103 - Apr 21st, 2023 at 8:45am

freediver wrote on Apr 21st, 2023 at 6:40am:
Quote:

The health consequences of obesity are hardly unexpected. Her doctor has probably warned her plenty of times already.

Most likely.
I’ve observed in my lengthy lifetime…. how weighty issues are similar to smoking issues with certain people. Some can be overweight and live to their 80s same as some smoke and live to their 90s even!
Yet others are taken from life earlier from either obesity or smoking.
In fact, one such person I know in his early 80s now, up until his 60s smoked 3 packs cigarettes per day and he has quite a large girth.
He gave up smoking. But I honestly thought he’d be gone by now…
Yet my brother, not overweight at all, but smoked…is gone from life 3 years ago age 61.
My mother had the highest cholesterol yet she was the skinniest person and never ate takeaway,always cooked healthy meals, lived to over 90.
It seems some can survive better than others with health or weight issues whist others don’t.
Something to do with a strong constitution?
I’ve noticed the males on my mum’s side of family that smoke… have bad emphysema and it takes them by their 60s and the ones that don’t smoke were living longer.
Yet a neighbour across the road smoked till she was in her 90s and quite honestly, one won’t know if the body can handle it until it’s too late.
Best not to smoke rather than risk shortening life.
That neighbour’s husband lived past 100 and he never smoked.

As for weight issues, some may be fitter than their trimmer friends.
For instance, trimmer folk that smoke, and not exercise, may have less energy/lung capacity than another overweight person that doesn’t smoke and is very active.

People are very different that we can’t really pigeon hole them on their weight only.
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2023 at 8:53am by Sophia »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print