Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 56
Send Topic Print
Russia will not invade Ukraine (Read 20219 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Russia will not invade Ukraine
Reply #105 - Feb 23rd, 2022 at 8:01pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Feb 23rd, 2022 at 7:39pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Feb 23rd, 2022 at 6:34pm:
Come back, America. Forgiven.

At least you are prepared to let China have Taiwan (iirc), which suggests you recognize some limits to US global hegemony, in a multi-polar MAD world lacking a real international rules-based system. 

Pure Pacific pragmatism. I dont think China should take Taiwan. I just think they have a stronger claim there than Tibet, where they have no right to be whatsoever.

America, you'll notice, has left the only two colonies they ever had, Cuba and the Philippines.

All the rest - Guam, Hawaii, Puerto Rico like to live in America.

China can never say that about the original inhabitants of Tibet, Taiwan or Xinjiang.
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2022 at 8:09pm by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #106 - Feb 23rd, 2022 at 8:04pm

https://www.todayonline.com/world/ukraine-starts-drafting-reservists-aged-18-60-...

Ukraine starts drafting reservists aged 18-60
after president's order.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy meets with leaders of parliament fractions and groups in Kyiv, Ukraine February 22, 2022. Ukrainian Presidential Press Service/Handout via REUTERS

KYIV : Ukraine on Wednesday has started conscripting reservists aged 18-60 following a decree by President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, the armed forces said in a statement.

The maximum service period is one year.

Zelenskiy on Tuesday said he was introducing the conscription of reservists but ruled out a general mobilisation after Russia announced it was moving troops into eastern Ukraine.

IP Logged

wombatwoody
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Wombat  NSW
Reply #107 - Feb 23rd, 2022 at 8:07pm

Breaking News from Ukraine

We are benefiting from ... the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq.

Benjamin Netanyahu, quoted in Ma’ariv, 16 April 2008

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #108 - Feb 23rd, 2022 at 8:45pm

Oh dear… petrol prices already $2.07 in some outter Melbourne suburbs! Already taking advantage!
We filled up to the rafters today at $1.69 (even though I think that’s way too much)
China? Bet they are holding back watching this war emerge… while certain countries place sanctions against Russia… and then China will do a king hit from behind to those countries (including Australia) … what’s in store ?

I’ve noticed… food prices have escalated!
I see shoppers standing aside intensely checking their dockets…. I mean… I have 2 little bags of shopping that cost over $60 and that’s with many so called half price specials!
Now it will get worse because… it’s a ripple effect… high fuel prices… effect transportation/delivery costs…
And I’m already annoyed at Oz Post with their ever increasing parcel postage costs!

First we have lockdowns to break many businesses and virtually put us in home jail…
I actually thought at New Year Eve…. I wondered what nasty crap there is in store for us all once we felt some freedom from covid restrictions.
Just as people feel the joy of bouncing back….

Starting to think of that cute electric car I was looking up online. To hell with oil. What happened to that guy that invented a car that could run on water?

I heard a whisper that we may head into a recession.
Tip of iceberg stuff… reserve banks been advised to hold off with any interest rates hike which was to happen in the latter part of this year…3 lots of rises up to .75% interest rate.
Maybe it might signal end of cheap money?
I recall the 90s and so many mortgagee auctions….and I’m stunned (even as a former real estate investor) of how much people are paying to have a home…
Sometimes going at least $200k over the reserve!
It’s a pattern… I’ve seen this before. Panic buying.
That’s what happens when one gets older… we see this pattern of wash, rinse, repeat.
Can anyone remember last time we lived a year of an ordinary peaceful life with no hassles from governments/leaders to unrest us?
There’s another ugly side to rentals/home losses via divorce etc… more people are becoming homeless and sleeping in their cars.
It’s a silent epidemic?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #109 - Feb 23rd, 2022 at 8:47pm

Time to learn this song:

National Anthem of USSR

May 5, 2008

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #110 - Feb 23rd, 2022 at 9:10pm

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #111 - Feb 23rd, 2022 at 10:05pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Feb 23rd, 2022 at 12:54pm:
Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Feb 22nd, 2022 at 10:26pm:
Release The Germans.

Release the Kurds. It may come as some surprise, Mistie, but before the fall of Kabul, your Dear Leader was caving all over the globe. The Turks, the Saudis, Kim, Putin, no one was left with any illusions as to where he stood.

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. I don't see why it would be Russia. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

It's now left to Sleepy Joe to do what Dear Leader couldnt bring himself to do: shirt-front Putin.

You bet I am, you bet I will.

Russia, if you're listening...

who's dear leader?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #112 - Feb 23rd, 2022 at 10:59pm

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Feb 23rd, 2022 at 10:05pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Feb 23rd, 2022 at 12:54pm:
Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Feb 22nd, 2022 at 10:26pm:
Release The Germans.

Release the Kurds. It may come as some surprise, Mistie, but before the fall of Kabul, your Dear Leader was caving all over the globe. The Turks, the Saudis, Kim, Putin, no one was left with any illusions as to where he stood.

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. I don't see why it would be Russia. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

It's now left to Sleepy Joe to do what Dear Leader couldnt bring himself to do: shirt-front Putin.

You bet I am, you bet I will.

Russia, if you're listening...

who's dear leader?

Domestos to Morning Mist, Domestos to Morning Mist, Domestos reporting for duty, over.

Mistie here, Domestos. At ease. Identify PPE status, over.

Roger that, Mistie, receiving you loud and clear. Mask on, lungs cleansed and sanitised. Ready for the leftards. Repeat...

Got you, Domestos, good to hear you following the federal safety mandate and applying the correct disinfecting agent. Dear Leader was clear on the protocols. Over.

Roger, Mistie. Number done on the lungs, almost like a cleansing. Sanitised and cleansed, over.

Got you, soldier, you followed Dear Leader's advice and applied said solvents to external surface areas. Repeat instructions, over.

Repeating instructions, Mistie. Cleansing solvents applied directly to the lungs by way of swallowing, according to executive order. Over.

I don't copy you there, son, I may be misreading you. Did you catch the subsequent memo? Over.

Negative, Mistie. Which memo is that?

The one informing it was just a joke. You're not supposed to drink it. Over.

Sorry, Domestos, repeat. I didn't catch you. Repeat yourself, soldier.

You're breaking up, Domestos. Do you copy?

Goddamn, Domestos, identify location, I'm coming over.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #113 - Feb 24th, 2022 at 9:03am

Mild west

mild_west.jpeg (116 KB | 7 )
mild_west.jpeg

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #114 - Feb 24th, 2022 at 10:04am

Not invading - just staking out the Sudetenland area that should be handed over.... one bit at a time.... like industrial relations here - one side - the big boys - set about creating a problem, blame the other side for it because they refuse to give in to bullying - and then use that as the excuse to take by force.

"..... listen, Assholovich - I tried to be reasonable with you about your handing over your territory on my demand - since you won't be reasonable I'm gonna have to take it - and it's YOUR fault!!"

Meanwhile Old White Joe totters up to the podium to make a... what was it... something... a speech... about what now... oh yes - those darned Russians!!

"Mr President - we need a decision NOW on releasing the nuke subs to retaliate if fired upon...."

"Nuke subs?  I didn't know Subway made those... can I have two?  We can talk about..... um.... that other thing... after lunch..."

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #115 - Feb 24th, 2022 at 10:37am

"If you’ve been watching the news, you know that Putin is having a border dispute with a nation called Ukraine. Now, the main thing to know about Ukraine for our purposes is that its leaders once sent millions of dollars to Joe Biden’s family,” Tucker said. “Not surprisingly, Ukraine is now one of Biden’s favorite countries. Biden has pledged to defend Ukraine’s borders even as he opens our borders to the world. That’s how it works. Invading America is called equity. Invading Ukraine is a war crime.
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2022/02/23/watch-nancy-pelosi-confuses-ukrai...

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #116 - Feb 24th, 2022 at 11:12am

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #117 - Feb 24th, 2022 at 11:17am

Frank wrote on Feb 24th, 2022 at 10:37am:
"If you’ve been watching the news, you know that Putin is having a border dispute with a nation called Ukraine. Now, the main thing to know about Ukraine for our purposes is that its leaders once sent millions of dollars to Joe Biden’s family,” Tucker said. “Not surprisingly, Ukraine is now one of Biden’s favorite countries. Biden has pledged to defend Ukraine’s borders even as he opens our borders to the world. That’s how it works. Invading America is called equity. Invading Ukraine is a war crime.
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2022/02/23/watch-nancy-pelosi-confuses-ukrai...

Oh, I see. The Ukraine once gave the Biden family a few million, eh? That explains that then.

Strange. How come it wasn't in Biden's tax returns, old boy? I'm curious.

You?

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #118 - Feb 24th, 2022 at 11:32am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Feb 23rd, 2022 at 12:04pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Feb 18th, 2022 at 11:52am:
Putin is:

A Posturing to warn Sweden, Finland and Ukraine
B Planning to commit minor incursions into Ukraine and ultimately withdraw
C Planning a partial invasion and possible annexation of eastern Ukraine
D Planning a full invasion of Ukraine

Putin: 'Please to lock in B, Eddie Evrywareavich'.

Putin: 'Or maybe C'...

Putin: 'Thinking, could be D'.

Putin: "OK, Eddie Evrywareavich... Here is new rule of game. I start with 'A', then go to 'B' with Russian characteristics - 'B' and half - I recognise independence of east Ukraine, then go in as peacekeeper. I check see if good enough. If no, I move to 'C'."

Putin: "OK, B and half is start, so now lock in 'D'."

IP Logged

athos
Gold Member

Re-educate barbarians

Hong Kong
Reply #119 - Feb 24th, 2022 at 11:52am

Frank wrote on Feb 24th, 2022 at 9:03am:
Mild west

In fact Morons, Russia is not occupying Ukraine, but liberating it from the hypocrite barbaric Anglo-Western  occupation, just as China did with Hong Kong.
Smiley

Do we need to be always politically correct.
In the world of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 56
Send Topic Print