Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 56
Send Topic Print
Russia will not invade Ukraine (Read 20195 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Russia will not invade Ukraine
Reply #165 - Feb 24th, 2022 at 11:06pm

athos wrote on Feb 24th, 2022 at 9:00pm:

Boikov is a Sydney-born pro-Putin Russian ultranationalist who calls himself the Aussie Cossack. Perhaps unkindly, some have described the self-branded Aussie Cossack as Putin’s man in Australia if Putin knew who he was.

In 2018, told a Russian media outlet, “We have a unique opportunity to support Russia from within an enemy state.” The enemy he alluded to is Australia.

Boikov, who has more than 12,000 followers on Instagram, is unashamed about spreading a pro-Putin, pro-Russian message by lobbying politicians.

In August 2020, Russian Opposition leader Alexei Navalny was poisoned with a Novichok nerve agent and evacuated to Berlin where he recovered. Navalny accused Putin of being responsible for his poisoning, and an investigation implicated agents from the Federal Security Service (FSB) the successor to the KGB, Putin’s alma mater. He returned to Russia in January 2021 and was jailed for two and a half years in February 2021.

Protesters gathered worldwide to call for his release. In Sydney a group of a hundred or so protesters did the same and Boikov assembled a counter-protest.

“We’re here with our President Vladimir Putin,” Boikov said, pointing to a poster of Putin toted by one of the counter-protesters, supporting Vladimir Putin, supporting the President against this opposition scum.”

When asked by Four Corners journalist Sean Nicholls if he supported the idea of murdering political opponents, Boikov replied, “I wouldn’t say murdering. I would say liquidating. Murdering is a bad word.”

As the Morrison government sanctions Russia over its invasion of Ukraine, some big questions need to be put to political candidates who overtly have endorsed Putin’s conduct.

Our security agencies will be on full alert. Putin has useful idiots everywhere.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #166 - Feb 24th, 2022 at 11:25pm

Send Greta to Moscow. She knows what to do.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #167 - Feb 24th, 2022 at 11:38pm

athos wrote on Feb 24th, 2022 at 11:03pm:
Latest news from Ukraine:

Putin warns:
Any country that tries to enter the conflict on ukranian side militarily will be destroyed.

The regular Ukrainian army began massively to surrender.

The Russian army ordered the killing of all Nazi volunteers.

A warrant has been issued for President Zelenski.

85% of Ukrainian military airports were destroyed.

Russian army 15 km to Kiev.

Wow

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #168 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 12:31am

athos wrote on Feb 24th, 2022 at 7:09pm:
Putin has already told those hypocrites who started the WAR
in Europe 20 years ago when NATO bombed Yugoslavia.

TF has Yugoslavia got to do with Russian invasion of Ukraine?  Nobody gives a sh1t about Yugos... they have some very unusual synaptic relationships in their heads....

So Mad Putin is right to attack a sovereign neighbouring country on the flimsy basis that they are persecuting the Russians there - just like Hitler did with Czechoslovakia and the Sudeten Germans?

OH!  They requested help!  Well - that makes it all right then.....  Putin wants to de-militarise Ukraine by militarising it first with his troops... OH!  That makes it all right then....

You are a very sick puppy.  Sort of a combined Polish/Yugo style of non-thinking.... but always right or they'll kill you...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #169 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 12:36am

Frank wrote on Feb 24th, 2022 at 11:06pm:

Boikov is a Sydney-born pro-Putin Russian ultranationalist who calls himself the Aussie Cossack. Perhaps unkindly, some have described the self-branded Aussie Cossack as Putin’s man in Australia if Putin knew who he was.

In 2018, told a Russian media outlet, “We have a unique opportunity to support Russia from within an enemy state.” The enemy he alluded to is Australia.

Boikov, who has more than 12,000 followers on Instagram, is unashamed about spreading a pro-Putin, pro-Russian message by lobbying politicians.

In August 2020, Russian Opposition leader Alexei Navalny was poisoned with a Novichok nerve agent and evacuated to Berlin where he recovered. Navalny accused Putin of being responsible for his poisoning, and an investigation implicated agents from the Federal Security Service (FSB) the successor to the KGB, Putin’s alma mater. He returned to Russia in January 2021 and was jailed for two and a half years in February 2021.

Protesters gathered worldwide to call for his release. In Sydney a group of a hundred or so protesters did the same and Boikov assembled a counter-protest.

“We’re here with our President Vladimir Putin,” Boikov said, pointing to a poster of Putin toted by one of the counter-protesters, supporting Vladimir Putin, supporting the President against this opposition scum.”

When asked by Four Corners journalist Sean Nicholls if he supported the idea of murdering political opponents, Boikov replied, “I wouldn’t say murdering. I would say liquidating. Murdering is a bad word.”

As the Morrison government sanctions Russia over its invasion of Ukraine, some big questions need to be put to political candidates who overtly have endorsed Putin’s conduct.

Our security agencies will be on full alert. Putin has useful idiots everywhere.

Arrest him and show him the entrance to the gulag.... that'll learn him.............

Sensible things to say about Russia and Ukraine?  Such as Ukraine is invading Russia???

I see no good coming from this surge by Putin's Russia to retake its past empire...... so like Hitler it isn't even funny..........

« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2022 at 12:43am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

athos
Gold Member

Re-educate barbarians

Hong Kong
Reply #170 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 12:46am

Frank wrote on Feb 24th, 2022 at 11:25pm:

Kharkov surrenders to the Russians.
Russians entering Kiev.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1496819885539831810
Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2022 at 12:58am by athos »  

Do we need to be always politically correct.
In the world of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

IP Logged

athos
Gold Member

Re-educate barbarians

Hong Kong
Reply #171 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 1:07am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 12:31am:
athos wrote on Feb 24th, 2022 at 7:09pm:
Putin has already told those hypocrites who started the WAR
in Europe 20 years ago when NATO bombed Yugoslavia.

TF has Yugoslavia got to do with Russian invasion of Ukraine?  Nobody gives a sh1t about Yugos... they have some very unusual synaptic relationships in their heads....

So Mad Putin is right to attack a sovereign neighbouring country on the flimsy basis that they are persecuting the Russians there - just like Hitler did with Czechoslovakia and the Sudeten Germans?

OH!  They requested help!  Well - that makes it all right then.....  Putin wants to de-militarise Ukraine by militarising it first with his troops... OH!  That makes it all right then....

You are a very sick puppy.  Sort of a combined Polish/Yugo style of non-thinking.... but always right or they'll kill you...

No brain.
If I were you, I would be worried that Australia might be next.
China is in love with Australia's natural resources.
Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2022 at 1:20am by athos »  

IP Logged

athos
Gold Member

Re-educate barbarians

Hong Kong
Reply #172 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 1:16am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 12:36am:
Frank wrote on Feb 24th, 2022 at 11:06pm:

Arrest him and show him the entrance to the gulag.... that'll learn him.............

Sensible things to say about Russia and Ukraine?  Such as Ukraine is invading Russia???

I see no good coming from this surge by Putin's Russia to retake its past empire...... so like Hitler it isn't even funny..........

If China and Russia liberate British colony Australia from Anglo occupation I am very sure that Aussie nonAnglo population could be happy to live in free prosperous multicultural country.

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #173 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 7:29am

athos wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 1:16am:
If China and Russia liberate British colony Australia from Anglo occupation I am very sure that Aussie nonAnglo population could be happy to live in free prosperous multicultural country.

Often I can’t decide if it’s your sloppy English expression or innate idiocy at work. I’ve now come to the conclusion it’s both.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #174 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 7:32am

Ayn Marx wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 7:29am:
athos wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 1:16am:

Often I can’t decide if it’s your sloppy English expression or innate idiocy at work. I’ve now come to the conclusion it’s both.

His handler will soon respond under the 'Athos' id and his English will improve.

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #175 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 7:36am

athos wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 1:07am:
Smiley

That’s been obvious for some time. Given the increasing exploration of the sub-marine landscape just outside our territorial boundaries it looks like they’ve started planning their next moves.
Glad I’m soon leaving the planet. Our species is engineering it’s painful extinction at an ever increasing pace.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #176 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 7:48am

athos wrote on Feb 25th, 2022 at 1:07am:

Very Chinese under Xi's CCP. Always threatening war if they don't get their way.

The joke being, members within the CCP will slit each other's throats before going to war with any foreign force.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

Weed is my Jesus

Colorado
Reply #177 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 7:49am

Frank wrote on Feb 24th, 2022 at 11:25pm:

I go places inside my head with an eye on tomorrow to keep my soul fed

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #178 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:14am

And Darth 'Xi' Vader said unto the young Luke 'Trump' Skywalker
"Help me take this (Communist) mask off"
After he had thrown his Emperor 'Putin' Master off his back and into the void.

...you all know that scene. Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #179 - Feb 25th, 2022 at 8:15am

My guess is that Ukraine will turn into proxy theatres like Korea, Vietnam, and more recently Syria.   I do not think the US, UK or EU will directly declare war on Russia.   I still don’t think 200000 Russian troops is will be able to overtake the entire Ukraine, with 400000 troops and 44 million citizens.  The math just don’t add up.   At the best, I think this will settle into a prolonged but potentially very bloody war.  And the final settlement point would be similar to Korea, where Ukraine gets broken into a ‘West’ and a ‘East’ part. 

I believe, during this time, the Chinese will stay back, and hope the war will drag both Russia and the West in, and keep them there as long as possible.  That means, diplomatically keeping the conflict from reaching full war status, at the same time, not letting it settle. 

When the sanction bites, the Russian will need supplies - e.g. everyday goods, medical supplies, and this China will happily supply at a cost.  And on the other hand, it will continue to do roaring trades with major US companies.   And of course, us Aussies will continue to supply the raw material to China to enable all of that. 

The longer this conflict drags on, the weaker both the West and the Russians will be.   In which case, the Chinese can probably stand back, and if it plays the cards right, it can potentially emerge as the global power soon.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 56
Send Topic Print